Genesis B.B

By Gerlithequeen

" Well, not everyone get's what they deserve. We were sent down here on our own, trying to find a way to surv... More

1.2 "We're Back, Bitches!"
1.3 "Whatever The Hell We Want!"
1.4 "Long Live The Queen!"
1.5 "Later. Maybe."
1.6 Acid Fog
1.7 Trust
1.8 "I Killed Someone"
1.9 "Hang Him!"
1.10 Banishing Murphy
1.11 The Radio
1.12 "Is That Melissa?"
1.13 Different Things
1.14 "You Know Why"
1.15 "I Need You"
1.16 Truth
1.17 Unity Day
1.18 Anya
1.19 Murphy And The Virus
1.20 No Cure
1.21 It's You
1.22 Giving Her What She Wants
1.23 Grounders With Guns
1.24 Fighting
1.25 The Mountain
1.26 Finding Them
1.27 "I Love You"
1.28 "Prisoners"?
1.29 "Everybody thinks you're dead"
1.30 "This Is Unfair"
1.31 "I found you"
1.32 "What Are We?"
1.33 "Lincoln!"
1.34 From Reaper To Grounder
1.35 The Offer
1.36 "I'm Right And You Know That"
1.37 "You Have To Help Him"
1.38 "Thank You, Princess"
1.39"Because I Love You"
1.40 "For Our People"
1.41 "It's Already Started"
1.42 "You Better Start Running"
1.43 "Did You Know?"
1.43 Broken Alliances
"I Love you So Much"
Three Months Later
1.47 Farm Station
1.48 "I'm Not Mad"
1.49 The 13th Clan
1.50 "Pike! Pike! Pike!"
1.51 "I Don't Recognize You Anymore"
1.52 "Disappointments"
1.53 "Melissa Doesn't Leave This Camp"
1.54 "Please, I'm Begging you"
1.55 Escaping Home
1.56 "He's The Enemy"
1.57 "Traitor"
1.58 Arcadia Has Fallen
1.59 Provocation
1.60 Saving Raven
Emerson
Luna
"Now What?"
"We're Trapped Here"
"We Didn't Save The World"
Roan
"Don't You Want Us To Survive?"
"The List"
"We're Screwed "
Empty Barrels
Becca's Lab
Polis
Octavia For The Win
Wonkru
First Months In The Bunker
Years Later
"Oh Hell No"
"Are You Serious?"
"He's not the one with the broken heart"
Arena
Leaving The Planet
Space
125 Years Later
Nightblood
Sanctum
"I Will Not Be The Other Woman"
Josephine
Cockroach
"I Love You"

1.1 Melissa Kane

16.2K 197 8
By Gerlithequeen

I was lying on the metal ground of my cell. It's been 2 months now and i'm already sick of seeing these metal walls. 

I heard someone opening my door.

When I looked up and saw a guard standing there, leaning against the door frame. 

Guard "come on, Mel, Jaha wants to see you"

I stood up and walked through the open door. 

The guard grabbed my forearm.

I smirked "No reason to get this touchy"

He rolled his eyes and we walked out of the sky box and to the big main control room. The guard opened the door and i walked in. 

I saw Jaha and Abby sitting at the table.

 Jaha stood up when he saw me " Melissa, please, take a seat"

He gestured to a chair across from them at the table. 

I raised an eyebrow but sat down.

Then i I leaned back and crossed my arms over my chest "Why am i here? Is it already time for me to float ?"

Jaha sat down and sighed. 

I raised an eyebrow, amused "Or have you found another way to get rid of me?"

Abby "You told us you wouldn't tell anybody about our current situation"

I nodded "And i meant it..."

They nodded relieved. 

Me ".. but that was before you locked me into that cell two months ago"

They sighed. 

I looked at Jaha "What could you possible want from me?"

Jaha "You know about our current problems, Melissa "

I nodded "Life sources on the Ark are shrinking drastically"

He nodded "We want to send people down to see if we could survive down there"

I raised an eyebrow "down where?"

They looked at each other. 

My eyes widened "Earth? Are you serious?"

Jaha sighed, shaking his head "we have no other choice"

Me "No one would be so stupid to go down there on that suicide mission. So who are the unlucky people you're sending down there to die?"

Jaha and Abby looked at each other. 

I shook my head  "Unbelievable! you are sending the prisoners down to save oxygen?.Why don't you just get it over with and float them all?"

Jaha "They're given a second chance. The second chance we're offering you"

Me "The only crime i did to get locked up for was to find out about this "problem""

Jaha stood up and slammed his hands on the table "How many times have i looked away when you and your little friends broke the law? "

I looked at the table. 

Jaha "Did i not look away when i found out that you knew about the existence of Octavia Blake ?"

I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest "They are gonna die down there"

Abby nodded "And that's why you are going with them"

I looked at her "I would rather float myself than to go down there - scratch that..i would rather float myself than to help you"

Jaha "They are going to need someone to lead them"

Me "they're a bunch of criminals"

Jaha "and even they know that someone would have to take the lead if they want to survive"

I shook my head "Not happening. "

He looked at Abby and she sighed. 

I looked from Jaha to Abby, confused  "Why me? what makes you think they will listen to me. I'm 22, not exactly that much older than them"

Abby"Because we know you. We know the things you are capable of ."

She was the only woman that came close to a mother figure to me. I respect her but it's hard right now to do that. 

I sighed "What does my father have to say to this? I mean he's on the council after all"

Abby and Jaha glanced at each other.

I smirked, amused  "he doesn't know about this, does he?"

Jaha "We wanted to talk to you first before we would involve your father"

Me "Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

Jaha "Are you or are you not going down to earth with the rest of the prisoners?"

I stood up and shook my head "no"

Then i walked out of the room.  i could hear Jaha say to the guard that i am allowed to go home and not back into the cell. 

I walked into the flat my dad and i shared and into my room. I sat down on my bed and looked at a picture of my mom. I turned it around to make it face the wall. 

How much i hat seeing these metal walls. There was a time i couldn't even go around because they made me sick.

I sighed and leaned against the wall. 

I can't remember anything at all about my mother. She died when i was 5 years old. I don't even remember her voice, i don't remember anything. When i was 8 i asked dad why i don't have a mother. He told me she died when i was 5. 

When i was 15 i asked him again. And he told me the truth.

My mother was a beloved member of the council. I was asleep one night, but i was waking up every now and then because mom and dad were fighting. I remember waking up completely when i heard the front door being slammed shut.

When i woke up the next day, dad told me that he found her in front of the floating chamber the night before. He told me he saw how mom begged Jaha to float her. He told me i was the reason she didn't want to live anymore. He didn't go further into detail. Jaha floated her. 

You have no idea how much i cried that night. I was the reason my mother didn't want to live anymore.

  Thing is, Dad never said her name again after she died and i learned to hate her. She didn't want her own flesh and blood. Dad didn't stop me either. I'm the reason she isn't here anymore. But over the past 17 years i learned that she was the one making that decision- that she was the one who left us.  

I mean you don't get to hear everyday that you are the one killing your mother. So, i started to drink, but i was a minor so i had to steal the alcohol. Normally you get locked up for underage drinking and stealing but somehow i never got locked up for anything i did. But unfortunately my two best friends, who're younger than me,  did. Jasper and Monty. I didn't even get locked up for keeping Octavia a secret. But she ended up in that cell, anyway. 

Jaha always put the blame on my mother's death. But then i came to a point where it was no longer breaking little rules. Two months ago i eavesdropped a conversation between Dad, Abby and Jaha. The life sources on the Ark were running out, the Ark was dying and everyone inside of it too. 

Apparently i got caught that night eavesdropping them. Jaha made me promise to keep it a secret and made that promise. And even after i gave him my word he wasn't ready to take that risk. So he locked me up. 

My life is pretty fucked up. Everybody i'm close to is either dead or locked away. Well, except dad. 

Suddenly the front door opened. I stood up and made the door lean on the door frame. I looked through the slit. I was in the perfect angle that made sure i would never get caught. 

Dad and Abby were in the living room. 

Dad "So tomorrow then? Tomorrow we will send the kids to earth"

Abby nodded "It's our only chance. The Ark is dying down"

I know things that nobody knew i know them. Things that could either kill or protect people. And those who know me know what i'm capable of. 

Suddenly she looked at my room door. I quickly hid in the shadows.

Abby "are you going to tell her?"

I looked back at them.

Dad asked confused "tell her what?"

Abby sighed "It's been 17 years, Marcus. Are you even considering telling her the truth?"

Dad shook her head  "She'll never forgive me. she learned to hate her and that's good."

Abby "Hate that's based on a lie, Marcus. Are you even feeling bad for selling out your wife?"

I raised an eyebrow, confused.

Dad pointed a finger at her and snapped "Do not dare to lecture me about selling out the ones we love. You are no better than me"

Yes, Abby sold out her husband because he wanted to tell the Ark about it's problems. Didn't turn out so good, did it?

Dad dropped his finger, shaking his head  "I can't tell her, not now."

Abby "She will find out sooner or later. You looked away when the guards locked her into that cell...like you looked away when Jaha floated Amelia. She'll never forgive you for that"

My heart broke when i heard my mother's name. The first time in 17 years. It's painful to hear it. 

Dad sighed "i know, Abby. I know"

I leaned against the wall. 

Tears came up in my eyes. I shook my head.

I let the tears fall. 

I could hear both of them walk out. 

I slowly slid down the wall. I buried my face in my hand and knees and stopped holding back my tears. i broke down.

Everything he told me was a lie. He lied about everything. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.3K 55
Today's the day. The day that I was to die. Having had time to mentally prepare myself, I was accepting of it. Little did I know that my fate was no...
19.8K 349 13
Book 1 "On our final journey to the ground" That's what they said, but Luisa Kane didn't believe that when they were sent to the ground to see if it...
216K 4.9K 25
What defines a family? After losing her parents at a young age, the ones closest to Jamie are her Aunt, her cousin Clarke, and her two best friends J...
13.8K 140 26
They were never meant to be He broke her completely, he lied to her, used her, left her to go to earth with the other 99 kids He took on the priorit...