Boredom Times: Collection of...

By eriteen

one-shots I made out of boredom (and will cure you out of boredom) More

Michelle
The Girl of His Dreams
The Past Untold
The Fallen Angel
The Girl in the Portrait
Newfound Romance: Part 1
His No. 1 Critic
Newfound Romance: 2
It All Started With A Book: 1
It All Started With A Book: 2
It All Started With A Book: 3
The First of September
10 Things I Hate About You
Like I Did Yesterday
Cold Eyes

Newfound Romance: Part 3

25 2 36
By eriteen

A whole month. Mandy and I had no communication for one whole month. I can't keep myself from bothering. What did I do wrong?

Is it because of my confession? Maybe, it is because of that. Well, I always visit their apartment every day. EVERY FREAKING DAY!

But still, no sign of Mandy showed up. I ask Garrett once where is Mandy then he answered that she is on a vacation to her hometown.
That was two weeks ago.

This week, Garrett flew to Mandy's hometown to follow her. Which left me alone and pretty much bored.

Currently, I am here at work in the office, making the documents assigned to me by my boss when abruptly, the phone rang.

Garrett calling...

I took the phone and answer it. "What makes you call bro?"

"I have a good news," he replied from the other end of the line. "Scratch that. I have a enlightening, excellent, brilliant, very good news!!!"

"Glad you put your English knowledge in a good use," I joked, making him chuckle. "What's the good news bro?"

"Mandy and I are getting married!"

Mandy and I are getting married...

"WHAT?!"

"You're pretty much surprised Dean!" he told me and a chuckle followed.

I was in a state of shock. And a mix of dismay. I bet my face looks crestfallen right now.

Why? Why now? Why not the next month? Why not the next year?

Why not never?

Even with a shaky voice, I tried to utter a word. "When?"

"Probably next week."

Next week? What the heck?!

"Maybe that's a bit too rush?"

"A bit too rush it maybe is but we love each other. That's all that matters."

'Love each other your face'

"Does this call calls for an invitation?" I questioned.

"Yes. Be my best man mate."

Best man?! With my feelings for Mandy, I felt like I am betraying him. And this? Entrusting me to be his best man on his wedding? Double betrayal. Times two.

"I can't Garrett."

"Why?"

"Work," I lied. "My boss wants me to join him in his business travel next week."

"Too bad man. Why not decline it?"

"I'll try my best to come man. Don't worry. If I couldn't come to your wedding day, I'll treat you wherever you like to go."

"Okay man. I like to have your presence to that day. You're my bestfriend."

He trusts me because I am his bestfriend? Triple betrayal. Times three. Oh, kill me now.

"But if you really couldn't come, it's okay. We understand."

"Thanks for understanding man."

"No problem."

"Congratulations by the way. Bye."

"Bye!"

And then the call ended. I cupped my two hands in my face and heave a deep breath. What is this mess that I suddenly caught myself into?

My boss' secretary arrived, calling my name. "Dean?"

I looked up to her and ask. "Yes?"

"Sir Holder wants to bring you to his business trip next week. If you like."

Well, what a coincidence!

"Yeah. Sure."

Maybe, fate is doing all of this. Maybe, this is the right time to forgot my feelings for Mandy and move on to the next chapter.

Maybe, just maybe.

》》》》》

Today, marks the date of my travel to another place for the business trip.

Today, marks the date of her wedding day.

Of course, I couldn't stop thinking of it. It was the woman I love getting married to my bestfriend! Of course, it's mind bugging.

There's nothing I could do okay? I'm still in a mess. Still stunned by the recent happenings. Still hurt. Still stuck in the pain. Still stuck in regrets. Pretty stuck in pretty much everything.

I bet, she's so wonderful today. She's blooming, glowing, breathtaking and beautiful today. Too bad I can't witness that in the moment.

Garrett's been sad as he heard that I can't go to his most awaited day. Sorry bro, I am doing this for me and my broken heart. This is me still in repair.

I am in the house busy packing stuff for the business trip when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" As I open the door, there stood the most stunning and beautiful woman I've ever seen with her wavy blonde tresses and flowy white dress. Her head is adorned with a flower crown which made her more amazing. "Wow." I uttered in amazement

"Like what you see?"

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be wearing your gown right now."

"Supposed to be. But I chose to be staring at you right in this moment. I chose to be with you."

"But I am going away Mandy."

"I'm gonna go with you. Wherever you will go, I will by your side."

The ringing of the cellphone caught their attention. Dean took his phone. It's Garrett.

"Mandy's missing. Did she stopped by?" Garrett asked, concern present in his tone.

Being the pretentious guy I am, I act as if I am clueless and worried. "Slow down!!What's happening?"

He was about to reply when Mandy grabbed my phone. "Hi Garrett."

"Mandy is that you? Please come over here. The wedding already started and you're still not-"

"Okay quit babbling," she answer. I was kind of nervous as she answered that. What if she run away from me and return back to Garrett?

But relief came washing down on me as she said, "I'm not gonna go there."

"Why babe? Aren't you ready?"

"Garrett, don't be mad at me."

"Why?"

"Garrett, I don't love you anymore. I fell out of love. I love someone else."

"Who's that someone else Mandy?Do I know him?" Garrett questioned with traces of anger in his tone. He is angry while I am very much nervous.

"Uhmmm...He's Dean. I love Dean."

On the other end of the line, Garrett chuckled mirthlessly. "Hmm..The two of you. You are traitors."

Mandy and I are looking at each other. Our whole body is shaking. She keeps on biting her lip causing it to bleed while I am fumbling with my fingers.

"We are sorry Garrett-" she answers but the phone beeped, indicating he ended the call.

"Garrett's possibly on the car right now to get here. I probably should go."

"Wait," Mandy grasped my arm tightly as if it is her lifeline. "I'll go with you."

"But this whole thing is a mess Mandy!"

"So what? We're gonna make it throught this messy situation together. Because I love you Dean and I'm not gonna live without you. I'll promise I'll be by your side through thick and thin."

"You love me?"

"Yes. Absolutely."

"Then damn! We're gonna run away together."

"No time to waste dude."

She holds my two hands and twined my fingers with hers. She tiptoed and plant a searing kiss on my lips, tasting the tinge of blood and the sweetness of her natural strawberry lipstick. "Let's go."

Even in this big trouble we got ourselves into, she still never failed to make me smile. She's a one of a kind.

We ran away from the apartment. From the town. From the judgemental people. From the past. And never ever looked back again.

》》》》》
A/N: So there you have it. The finale of the Newfound Romance series. I did end it up because I have other plans. Actually, this is originally a fanfiction but I decided to turn this into a three chapter series.

Thank you to all the readers! Whether silent or very much noisy and alive (you know who you are :)), thank you so much nonetheless. If you want to vote and comment, feel very free hahaha!!! I would willingly reply. Don't worry, I am very much harmless.

Thanks once again!!
p.s.- this is my longest author's note in the making

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181 5 1
just a oneshot I wrote because I was bored :)
95 0 7
Lol, just random pieces of writing that my brain has conjured up, suggestions welcome
48 0 5
one shots of my own OC's.
27 0 14
Just a bunch of one-shots that I have written.