Unexpected Future!

By background21

We think and we expect! We do this both a lot and without these there is not much to do. Will there be any ac... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
EXTRA!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 10

2.9K 206 33
By background21

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Done!" I mumbled in relief before placing the breakfast for him on the table, even though I know he will not have it.

Like yesterday and the day before yesterday all his plate of food would be mine magically. I am so sure after these two days of his nature against my food that I am preparing only for three and a little extra if I feel hungry. Well, why waste food?

I thought seeing the empty plate of both breakfast and empty mug, he would have lunch I prepared, but then a knock from a delivery guy holding his lunch forget my assumption.

I rushed out holding the tray and placed at the small slab present before the Di's house and knocked. I would have waited like yesterday, but I am in a hurry so I walked off knowing well like yesterday both will have it.

However, the minute I took a step the door opened and Di walked out of it with a frown. She glanced at the tray and then at me before giving a look behind her.

At the same time James walked out giving me a nod, but continued to the tray. He picked the plate and immediately started having it just standing there.

"Amazing food, Maha." He said and I gave a small smile.

He picked his mug and started having coffee while I turned to see Di frowning at me. I gave a small smile to her too, but she continued to frown.

"You are not a servant Maha. Why are you cooking us meals?" she asked, frowning and I was about to open my mouth but we both heard a cough.

"You... are saying... that?" James asked with an astonished tone to which I pressed my lips so that I will not laugh seeing the way Di fuming at him.

"You! Just go away. You said you have to leave early and rushed me out of the washroom." Di pointed out to which he shook his head and walked away towards the main house.

"Di! These both always have everything from a restaurant near their company it seems. I have to cook for myself, then what is there if I cook a little extra." I said smiling.

"Fine! I can't say anything to that. Anyway, you shouldn't care where they eat and all." She said folding her hands.

"He is your husband, Di." I mumbled and she immediately glared at me.

"He is not and he would have not if not for your stunt which I am still trying to find reasons for." She said frowning.

"Maybe the reason you talked near Nakul is the one that I wanted all his money because of which I did this." I said still feeling the pain remembering her words and she looked away.

"Where is James?" we heard a voice and I turned to see Nakul standing near to the house.

"Near the car." I replied and he nodded, but his jaw is twitching.

"He will be sure of that reason." Di said when we both were staring at his back as he is walking to the car where James is leaning on it.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I have seen little of him even while we both stayed at the same house. Now, it will be not even that little as today is my first day for a job." I said and turned back to see Di already staring at me.

"Why are you so lucky? Here I have to bear his sight all the time these both days and the same if we both are in this house." She said giving a disgust glance at the house and sighed.

I gave her a nod and started walking back to get ready, but glanced to the car at the same time to see Nakul sitting in the back seat to which James closed his eyes for a second before moving to the driver seat.

A wonderful friendship got cut because of all this mess too. I will try everything to make it fine if possible but will not do anything stupid to make it worse.

What should I wear? I thought, glancing at my wardrobe and closed my eyes before placing my hand on all before stopping at one.

Well, Mom would have chosen a nice one, but for now I have to depend on my closed eyes. I smiled at that, but then it slipped thinking about Mom.

She would have given curd and sugar, but now... I shook my head and started wearing the dress, remembering all my new Saree's I bought for work at my home only as I didn't pack them thinking that the marriage will not even happen so why to pack and disturb them.

Well, I am going to work and not a fashion show like Di's profession. So, these salwar's will be more than fine.

I walked out of the house only to see two guys sitting, but then they stood before taking a pose like statues. I felt awkward and walked to the gate but stopped feeling them following me.

"What?" I asked, turning around, but they stayed silent.

"They are your bodyguards, Maha." Di said, walking to her car and I frowned at them.

"Why?" I asked her and she laughed.

"Why? You are the wife of a guy who has this problem of thinking everyone in the world is out there to hurt him." She replied before these both and a few who are near the gate.

"Di!" I said, frowning, but she shook her head.

"Then why these many people? Anyway, being his wife you have these two to protect you and they will follow you." She explained.

"How do you know? And why don't you have them?" I asked frowning.

"I am the wife of the bodyguard, dear. And I heard James saying that." She replied, shrugging and opened the door.

"I will drop you. It will not be nice with them following you in a car while you go into an auto or bus." She added and I immediately walked to her car before getting inside.

The whole ride was silence, but it got broken when I asked her stop near my destination until then she was frowning but her eyes widened looking at the company.

"Here?" she asked in a whisper and I grinned at her reaction.

"Yes! I am PA for the CEO of Singh group of Industries." I replied and she glanced at me with a pale face.

"Maha!" she mumbled and closed her eyes before again looking at the building, but I glanced at my watch.

"I need to go, Di. Otherwise, I will be late on my first day." I said, smiling and got out of the car before rushing to the gate.

I showed my appointment letter and I was sent inside the building. I glanced around with butterflies in my stomach or maybe any other animals too and reached the reception who immediately gave me instructions which floor to go.

I took a deep breath and walked out the elevator only to meet the woman who interviewed me walking out of a big cabin.

"Thank God you are here. Our boss is in a really bad mood and you would have gotten fired if you were late. I will take you inside." She said and I cleared my throat, hearing her words to hide my fear.

"Sure, Madam!" I mumbled and she smiled.

"Call me Manjula." She said and I nodded, smiling before she started walking while I followed her.

We both entered and I looked around the big room to see a very nice couch, which I saw at father's company too. But here there are extra chairs and then I glanced at the table and finally stared at a small table at one side of the room with a computer, but then I saw clearly that there is a glass separation which we can't know unless we glance clearly at the small handle present.

I finally looked to the opposite side only to feel all my breath leaving me and I can see the person looking at me with the same shock.

"Sir! Your PA Miss Maheshwari Guptha." Manjula madam said and I opened my mouth, but couldn't utter a single word and he seems to be in the same position.

I finally cleared my throat before mumbling, "Good morning, Sir."

"Miss Manjula! Take care of that file and let me know the options soon." He said looking at the person beside me and she nodded before leaving the room while I started looking everywhere.

"I... I didn't know." I mumbled and cleared my throat again before moving towards his table.

"I didn't expect to see you here too. Anyway, I trust my manager's decision, but if there is any chance for you not to be suitable here, then you are out." He said leaning back in his chair composing his shock.

"I will be here early and I expect the same from you. I heard you to have a little experience but still you are chosen because I am not that familiar with the way of things in India because of which I wanted a young PA who will not be stuck up to only their way but can get mould to changes." He added and I nodded.

"But knowing you, you are very comfortable with last minute changes too." His barb hit directly where it should but I ignored it remembering all the reasons that made the changes.

"I will show my professionalism, Mr.Singh." I said and he stilled, but nodded at my subtle message of asking him to do the same.

He is Nakul Singh? How could I not know that when he is my husband for the past two days? Why? Everywhere it was about the previous CEO but there was nothing about his son except that he has one.

"In that case, these baggy clothes will not do." His words brought me out of my thoughts and I glanced down.

I can see what he is saying, all these are old as recently I only bought saree but not any salwars. But they are not that baggy.

"I will wear Saree's from tomorrow." I mumbled and he shook his head.

"That is fine for Miss Manjula as she is a manager, but I want proper etiquette which was followed by previous PA who worked until last week. Wear a skirt and you can find any details about all that near my manager." He said and I felt my jaw drop.

"But... but Mr.Singh..." I stuttered to which he showed the hand.

"Go near her right now and get the details of everything along with the folder last PA left back to help your work. Return to this cabin and to your table which is to my right behind the glass door." He said and just ignored my presence before working on his system while I stood there.

"Fine! For now, get the details and return before setting all the things and know about everything. From tomorrow do as I said. Anyway, I will be leaving soon and will not be back to the office today. You can leave as per the timings given." He added and I just left his office in a hurry before leaning on the door.

This... this is not the things I expected when I start my work. I was supposed to be already starting my work and not worry about some skirt.

My boss was supposed to be either friendly or distant but not having a disgust towards me. Why? Why does everything is happening opposite to my expectation?

I did as he asked and got the details of the dress model and also the record of previous PA's work. I walked back to his cabin and saw that there is another door after his room and opened it to see the same space I saw from his cabin.

So, there are two doors which is a good thing then. I even found out there was a separation curtains, but as there was some damager they will be put back soon which is another relief.

I sat down and did everything moving around the room to get the files or opening the computer to check the details and anything except looking at his side.

He even left like he said before lunch while I stayed at my place having the food from my box I packed which is the breakfast only. Then continued even freely with his absence.

In the evening I left the moment it struck six and took the auto before getting down near a boutique.

"Maha! Your sister already left." One of the employee said and I smiled at her.

"I just want a small help. It is kind of urgent. I need to wear skirt from tomorrow. On the wedding day you said you have some skirts which you want to get adjusted. Can I have one for tomorrow?" I asked and she gave a surprised look.

"Sure! But you can buy today itself, right?" she asked frowning.

"I... don't have the money right now." I replied and she nodded, asking me to wait for a few minutes before leaving for her house.

I started thinking what to do after this because I can't wear the same every day, right? I will just think of some way, but maybe I should just use the money in my account.

But I don't want to waste. Well, wasting today or after a few days is the same thing. I sighed and decided to do it tomorrow after work.

First, I need to see whether I can wear this and be comfortable, right? I glanced at the phone ringing and lifted it up saying, "Sweety boutique."

"Maha? What are you doing there? And where is she?" I heard Di's voice and I immediately panicked but then calmed down.

"I just had a small work and she will be back within a few minutes." I replied to which she just hung up.

"Di called!" I said the moment the door opened and she nodded, but placed the bags before me.

"Look, I brought all the best ones in my collection." She said and I saw she actually brought four of them.

"What is the need of this?" I asked her frowning.

"May be we don't talk everyday except that one day, but if you had not suggested to come here when we met in the bus I wouldn't have had this job. So, please take them." She said smiling.

"You should thank Di and not me. But I will take these because I need them." I said, hugging her and left the shop taking a cab due to heavy bags.

"Maha!" I heard two voices the moment I started walking to the main house and saw Nakul climbing down the stairs.

"What?" I asking glancing at James and Di.

"You were successful in getting the bodyguards back off. This man here doesn't know where you were until I heard your voice when I called my boutique." Di explained.

"I didn't plan anything." I mumbled frowning at her.

"I will just go and start preparing dinner." I added and James nodded but glanced at Nakul.

I too glanced at him and turned to these two saying, "Why don't you both come inside and have dinner?"

"No!" James said, but Di smiled.

"I will be there." She nodded, but then moved her hand forward showing the papers.

"These are the annulment papers which Dad got prepared for you both too." She showed and I stilled, but they were taken by Nakul who was silent until then.

"He said he will talk to his lawyer, right?" James asked frowning at her.

"When? I just got your signs today and got them registered because of which the six months counts from today." She replied shaking her head.

"Then these two days?" two people asked that question and that turned out to be James and me.

"I will get these registered today only." We heard Nakul and I turned to see him signing them keeping one palm behind where he is signing.

He passed it but I just stood there holding the bags and glanced at him. Is it so easy to break a marriage with a sign? I thought but then remembered it is the right thing with him attached to a person while losing his love.

I placed the bags down and placed them on my handbag before signing it. I passed them back to him after which he ushered a man and instructing him while I turned to glance at Di who is staring at me.

"You didn't know it was his company?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Whose? And where were you?" James asked frowning.

"I am his PA." I replied, gesturing Nakul, who is still standing beside me.

"What?" James asked, but didn't show his shock.

"You didn't even know his surname." Di added and frowned at her.

"You can tease me while having dinner. Come inside the house." I mumbled and she nodded.

"No one is going inside that house." James said.

"You don't come, but I will go." Di said, to which he shook his head.

"Then I will lock the house door and will tell judge cancel this day as living under a roof." He stated and I frowned at his childish words.

"I can expect such cruelty after living with you for two days. I will live in this house and not with you." She said folding her hands.

"What cruelty?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"He makes me sleep in the living room on the floor. Can you believe it? How cruel can anyone be?" she asked and glanced at Nakul and me.

"James!" Nakul said, frowning, but James didn't utter a single word or showed a single expression except staring at her.

"You should respect her, James. How can you do this to my sister?" I asked and he glanced at me before sighing.

"She is lying, Maha. Every day she is sleeping on my neck and drooling so much that I had to bath two times to remove it." He replied with disgust face.

"Shut up! I do not drool and we are sleeping with our backs to each other on that tiny bed of yours. From where will I drool on your neck?" Di blasted and stilled realizing what she said.

"See? This is more than that is needed for the job I am doing. Be fine with it or forget about the divorce. Because I will not step inside that house." Saying that James walked off while Di glanced at me with a blank look before doing the same.

I turned towards Nakul to see his hands fisted while staring at their backs making me frown but then I realized. Who will feel fine when they knew their love is sleeping on the same bed with another person even though the person is her husband?

"Come on!" I mumbled placing a hand on his shoulder patting it before taking my bags and climbed the few steps to reach the door.

Putting the bags away, I immediately started cooking and took the tray near the outhouse placing there and left knocking on it.

I didn't call Nakul for the dinner and had mine before reaching my room. I sat on the bed rubbing my forehead thinking about today's events. I hate Mondays! I thought lying on the bed and drifted off into sleep.

----------------------------------------

i planned for at least two pov... but here got stuck to her i dont know why i liked her pov :P

anyway, i know it is expected being her the pa and all for nakul only... i am just trying to give the story properly... do not mind the mistakes if it kind of not that good but i will try for it to be good for sure...

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 977 33
"I am going" she said looking into his eyes which were hiding tears just like her eyes. "Okay" he said she was waiting for him to say 'don't go' but...
49 0 17
"You're unbearable!" He kicks her with utter contempt. "Please tell me where I'm wrong, causing you discomfort was not my intention," she said crying...
36 1 23
In a world divided into four groups, there is a role for everyone. Every group has their own realm found in each corner of the country they share. T...
51.9K 585 32
When a girl falls inlove with a guy who she has known for a while and later finds out he is her mate but he won't love her back and rejects her inste...