A Love Like No Other

By shelbyaddison

Baylee is just a normal girl who ends up meeting Cody Simpson, who instantly falls for her. Will their love l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

182 3 0
By shelbyaddison

Recap: "Your...dad...died." she managed to choke out between sobs.

Suddenly a million years streamed down my face. I fell to the floor and just sobbed. Why did this have to happen? I seriously thought he would wake up. Cody came over and picked me up bridal style and carried me to my room. He placed me on my bed and just sat there holding me in his arms. I can't believe this is happening. I wish I could've seen him one last time. After about an hour of just sitting on my bed, my door creaked open to reveal my aunt behind it.

"Cody, can I talk to Baylee alone for a few minutes?" my aunt questioned.

"Of course. Baylee, I'm going to go home, but I'll be back in about 20 minutes. Okay?" Cody asked. I just nodded my head and he was out the door. My aunt came and sat by me.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this, but we've got to go back home..." she said.

"I know...permanently?"

"I'm not sure..." she trailed off. This made me want to cry even more. How am I supposed to make it through all of this with out Cody? It's impossible.

"I really don't want to go back to Arcadia. There is to many bad memories there." I stated.

"Well...we aren't exactly going to Arcadia."

"What? Where are we going then?" I said confusingly.

"We're going to Grandma's house, in Oklahoma." she replied. Greatttt. I just shrugged. I really needed to think about everything, so I decided to take a shower. Once I was in the shower, all of these thoughts flooded my mind. What is you have to stay in Oklahoma permanently? How are you going to live without Cody? Is mom still alive? Is she going to die too? I turned off the water and got dressed quickly in some sweats and a t-shirt. I walked back into my room and saw Cody standing there with his arms wide open. I ran intro them and held onto him tightly. He rubbed my back and whispered in my ear that he loves me. I pulled away from him and sat on the couch that was in my room, he followed me.

"You know I'm leaving, right?" I stated with almost no emotion at all.

"I figured you would have to. But not for forever right?" Oh that was the question we both dreaded.

"I don't know..." I trailed off just like my aunt did. He just looked at me with eyes full of hurt.

"Well where are you going?" He asked.

"Oklahoma..."

"Well, babe, I would go with you, but you need to be with family. But don't worry we will Skype and text all the time. I can't go very long without seeing that beautiful face of yours!" He said. A smile formed on my face...for the first time since I got home. He is probably the only person that could make me smile right now. My aunt walked back into my room and told me we were leaving tomorrow morning at 8 and I needed to pack. I pulled out my suitcase and Cody started helping me pack. After an hour he got a text from his mom telling him to come home. He promised me that he would see me before I left. As soon as he was gone, I broke down in tears again. I finished packing and then cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and went to the bathroom. I groaned as I saw my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and bloodshot. I braided my hair and changed into some shorts and a striped tank top. I didn't bother with any make up. I grabbed my phone, headphones, purse, and my suitcase. Then, I trudged downstairs. I loaded everything in the car and went back inside. I still haven't heard from Cody. Then, as if it was on cue, my phone started ringing.

-Phone Conversation-

Me: Hello?

Cody: Hey babe.

Me: Hey Codes, where are you?

Cody: Yeah...that's why I'm calling. I can't come, babe. I'm so sorry..."

Me: It's fine...I'll probably be back in a week or two. I'll see you then. I've got to go.

Cody: I love you, Angel.

Me: Love you too.

I hung up the phone and threwit on the couch. How could he do this to me? The moment I needed him the most, he isn't here for me. Guess he broke that promise. My aunt came down the stairs and told me we were leaving. I just nodded my head and ran to the car. On the way to the airport, I just sat there staring out the window, with my headphones in. When we got to the airport, I didn't bother to take out my headphones, I just followed behind my aunt. After walking for what seemed like forever we reached our gate. We sat there for awhile, in silence. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I feel like my world just came crashing down. My thoughts were interupted by a nasally voice announcing that the plane was boarding. I got up and followed my aunt to the line that had already formed. Just when the lady was about to scan my ticket, I felt someone pull my headphone out of my ear. I jerked around to see who could possibly be bothering. Then, I saw that handsome face that I had been longing to see, Cody. I jumped in his arms and he spun me around.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't make it this morning, angel. I love you." Cody whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're here now. I love you, too."

"Last call for the flight to Oklahoma." I heard the annoying voice say. I looked back up at Cody, on the verge of tears.

"Call me, text me, Skype me every single day. Okay, babe?" Cody said. The tears vanished from my eyes. I looked up and smiled.

"Of course!" I replied as I gave him a kiss which quickly turned into a mini make out session. I pulled away, knowing I had to leave. As a boarded the plane, I looked back and blew Cody a kiss. Then, I got on the plane and found my seat. I am not looking forward to this flight.

-End of Flight-

I was rudely awoken by my aunt who was violently shaking me. Wow. She told me we had already landed and it was time for us to go. I got up and noticed we were the last ones to get off. I grabbed my purse and stuffed my phone inside. I walked off the plane, not even waiting for my aunt. I got out into the airport and grabbed my luggage, before I even saw my aunt again. I met up with her and she told me we were being picked up by a friend. I looked around and spotted a familiar face...Paul? Paul was my best friend when I lived in Oklahoma. He had blond hair and green eyes. He was extremely athletic and tall. I used to tell him everything, but then I moved to Arcadia and we sort of lost touch. That was something that I regretted so much. I ran over to him and embraced him in a hug. He just chuckled as he pulled away from the hug.

"You know I missed you so much!" Paul said.

"Dude, you have no freaking idea how much I mised you!" I replied with a big smile.

"Well we've got to get you to your Grandma's house. Let's catch up in the car!" My smile vanished from my face. I just remembered the reason I was here...Dad. We got in the car and we talked about everything. He told me about this girl that he really liked and I told him all about Cody. Oh Cody! I should probably text him...

Me: Hey Codes, I just landed and now I'm on my way to my grandma's house.

Cody: Good, how are you, angel?

Me: I'm okay. I was just reunited with my best friend!

Cody: Can I meet em?

Me: Yeah we can Skype later and you can meet him! I've got to go unpack. Love you <3

Cody: Alright baby. Love you more <3

While I was texting Cody we had already arrived at the house. I was pretty much mobbed by family members, when I got out of the car. I managed to pry them all off and I hugged them all individual and listened all of their condolences. I finally slipped away into the house. I took a quick shower and then I unpacked my suitcase. When I was done Paul came and told me dinner was ready. After dinner, I told Paul that I was going to Skype with Cody and he could join us. He agreed and we both went upstairs to the library. I got on my laptop and called Cody.

"CODY!" I yelled as his face popped up on the screen.

"BAYLEE!" Cody replied.

"Well now I just feel awkward..." Paul said. I just giggled and introduced Cody to Paul. We all talked for a while about random things. After a while Paul had to go home, so I told him I would see him tomorrow and then he left. I continued to Skype with Cody, until Alli jumped into the picture. Alli and I had gotten really close before I left. We were practically sisters.

"Hey girly!" She said really loudly.

"Hey sister!"

"Well I just wanted to make sure you were okay...I'm leaving now.BYE!" And with that she was gone. Cody was just smiling, which made me smile. Darn his contagious smile.

"I love you." Cody blurted out,

"I love you, too. I really miss you. I wish you were here."

"I miss you, too, babe. But you should be back in a couple of weeks, I'm counting down the days!"

"Awh me too, Codes." I heard my grandma telling me to get some sleep.

"Cody, I've got to go. I'll text you. Night...well good afternoon." Cody chuckled.

"I love you, angel. Sweet dreams, my love." And with that his face disappeared from my screen. I ran to my room, brushed my teeth, and then collapsed on my bed.

-7 days later-

Today is the day of the funeral... I'm actually okay with everything now. Cody and Paul have really helped me. My phone dinged, interrupting my thoughts. I saw the message was from the one I love, Cody.

Cody: Hey, angel. How are you today?

Me: I'm doing okay.

Cody: That's good. I just want you to know that you can call me or skype me at anytime.

Me: I know (: I've got to go and get ready.

Cody: Bye, my love.

I smiled as I saw that last message flash across my screen. I went into my bathroom and curled my hair. I put on some light make up and then pulled on my black dress. I got downstairs right on time and then my grandma, my aunt, and I all got into the car. The funeral was of course depressing. The thought of never hearing my father's voice again, broke my heart. I still have my mom, but I'm not going to rely on her waking up...because I know that may never happen either. We rode home in silence. When we got home, I went straight to my room and called Cody. He cheered me up a little. That's what I love about him. He is probably the only person that could cheer me up at a time like this. Oh I miss him so much. After we hung my phone rang again but this time it was Paul. He invited me over to hang out with him and his friends. I agreed, maybe it'll get my mind off of things. I met some of his friends, they were all really nice. We all hung out for a few hours and then Paul drove me home. When I opened the front door, I heard my aunt and my grandma talking in the kitchen.

"How are we supposed to tell her?" I heard my grandma say.

"I'm not sure...you know she is going to hate this." My aunt replied. What are they talking about? Mind as well find out! I walked in pretending like I hadn't heard their conversation.

"Baylee, will you please sit down?" My grandma said. I nodded and sat in the seat across from her.

"Baylee...there is no easy way to say this. So, I'm just going to come right out and say it..." She trailed off. This made me nervous. What in the crap is going on?!

"Well Baylee, we are here for two more months." She said nervously.

My heart dropped...two more months without Cody?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
690K 1.2K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
53.1M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
32.6K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.