Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning, the smell of Cody's cologne flooded my senses. I realized I was still snuggled up in his sweatshirt. What a great way to wake up. I reached for my phone to check the time and saw I had a message from Cody. I felt a huge smile form on my face and butterflies flutter in my stomach.

Cody: Morning Beautiful (: I can't wait to see your face at later!

Me: Morning, are you gonna tell me what we're doing? (:

Cody: If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it? 

Me: I guess not! I got to go! See you at 1 (:

Cody: See you then,  Angel (:

I put my phone down and stared at the ceiling. Oh my. Why does Cody have to be so dang cute?! Well there's not much I can do about it. I jumped off my bed and walked into my bathroom. UGH.. I looked like a hot mess. I brushed out my hair and straightened it. I applied some foundation, not much, just enough to cover up my blemishes. Then, I put on some eyeshadow and mascara.  I put on a hot pink shirt that had a patterned black heart on it. I threw on some dark jeans and black sandals. I completed my outfit with a glittery black bow. I looked pretty adorable if  I may say so myself. I walked down to the kitchen, to find a note from my Aunt. It read, "Hey sweetie! I had to go into work early. I probably will be working late...Don't wait up! Love you, Aunt Lucie"

Greeeaaaaattttt. Home alone for the rest of the day...well at least I was hanging out with Cody later! I looked over at the clock that was hanging on the wall. It was only 11:00pm. I had 2 hours to kill. I jumped on the couch and grabbed the remote. I started flipping through the channels. There was absolutely nothing on. I just stopped on a random channel and decided to watch it. After sitting on the couch for an hour, I turned off the T.V. off and ran up to my room. I sat in the window sill and blared some Adele. The first thing that popped into my mind was Cody. His sweet smile, his bright aqua eyes, his blonde hair, his adorable aussie accent, and the way sparks shoot through my body everytime we touch. I really like him. What am I thinking? Cody would never go for a girl like me. I'm just a normal girl. I'm not famous and I'm not special. I mind as well just get over him.  I grabbed my phone and did my normal routine of checking for messages and then checking facebook and twitter. It was 12:30 pm. Yesss. It was almost time for me to go to Cody's house! I went to the bathroom and touched up my hair and make up. I grabbed Cody's sweatshirt and headed out the door. Then, I texted him to tell him I was leaving. 

Me: Hey! I'm leaving right now...see you in like 10 minutes!

Cody: Okay beautiful. See you then!

I smiled at the last message and continued walking. I started walking up to the door and I was about to knock on it when the door flew open. There was Cody standing there, looking as perfect as could be.

"Hey Baylee!" Cody exclaimed while running towards me and hugging me as tight as possible, but hey...I wasn't complaining.

"Hey Cody."

"So Angel, you ready to go?"

"Yeah, but you still haven't told me where we are going..."

"Don't worry about that, I have something special planned." He said while wrapping his arm around my waist, which sent tingles down my spine. We walked out the door and to the beach. When we arrived, Cody put his hands over my eyes so I wouldn't be able to see what we were walking to. He was walking directly behind me, with his body pushed against mine. We kept on walking an walking....

"Are we there yet?!" I said with excitement.

"Almost there!" He whispered into my ear. His warm breath on my neck gave me chills all over. Finally, he took his hands off of my eyes to reveal a little picnic set up right on the shore. 

"Awh it's so pretty!" I exclaimed.

"You like it?" Cody asked

"Of course!"

Cody reached down and took my hand and guided me towards the blanket that was laid out. We sat down barely a centimeter apart and Cody pulled out two sandwiches and some chips. We sat there and just talked and ate. After we finished eating, Cody kept staring at me. I probably had something on my face and looked stupid. Then he leaned in, like he was going to kiss me. I was in shock, I didn' t think he liked me like that! But he kept getting closer and closer and then all of a sudden I felt his soft, pink lips brush over mine and then our lips crashed together passionately. I didn't want this moment to end. But of course it did. Cody pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I've been wanting to do that since the moment I saw you." He said.

All I could do was smile and laugh in reply. He smiled back. Then, he laid down on the blanket and pulled me down with him. I snuggled up in his chest and listened to him singing Perfect, while he played with my hair. It was pretty perfect.