Chapter 10

Recap: "Good bye Cody."

-Cody's POV-

I woke up and groaned remembering what had happened last night. I can't believe she broke up with me. I know I said I understood, but seriously...I don't. I guess she doesn't think our love is worth fighting for. I finally decided to get out of my bed. I got dressed and went downstairs. Alli was sitting there eating and texting...probably my girlfriend...EX-girlfriend. I grabbed my keys, I need to get out of here and think. I opened my door and saw all of Baylee's luggage in the back. Right, I still have to take it to her. I decided to text her and ask when I should come. She replied like 10 minutes later and told me to come on over.  I drove to her house and started getting the luggage out. I heard the front door open. There she was, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Hey, Baylee."

"Hey..." she said with no emotion at all. Wow, she must really not want to see me.

"Here's your luggage....can we talk?" I said while putting her suitcases on her front porch and gesturing to the swing on the porch.

"Sure."

"Baylee, I'm in love with you. I don't want to break up. I may have said I understood, but I really don't. I don't want to be with anyone else, but you."

"Cody...I love you, too. But, if we stay in a relationship we'll both just suffer the whole time I'm gone. I don't want that for either of us. I think it's best if we break up."

"But I'll suffer even if we are broken up."

"Cody, please. Just stop. If you love me, you'll respect my decision." I can't believe she just said that. I just nodded my head.

"Can I still talk to you?" I asked.

"Of course...just text me whenever you need me." She said with a small smile. I nodded my head again and got up.

"Well, I guess this is good bye." I said as she got up and stood in front of me.

"I guess this is good bye." She said back. I hugged her really tight. If it was up to me, I would've never let go.She pulled away, and kissed me on the cheek. She smiled and I tried to smile back, but I couldn't.

-Baylee's POV-

I can't do this. I'm about to break down right here. Baylee hold it together, just until he leaves. I kissed Cody on the cheek and smiled at  him. He just stared at me, turned around and got into his car. I watched him drive away, tears rolling down my cheeks like waterfalls. I can't believe he's gone. I ran inside and up to my room. I collapsed onto my bed and sobbed. At least Alli is coming over later, I need some girl time. And I'm leaving tomorrow. I can't wait to be out of this place and just focus on dancing. After I finally calmed down, I called Alli. I told her the sleep over would have to be at my house and that I would explain everything later. She told me she would come right over. In a matter of minutes she was ringing the doorbell. Luckily, her mom brought her. I opened the door, with bloodshot, teary eyes. Alli embraced me in a hug and pulled me over to the couch. She sat me down and I  told her everything. By the time I was finished Alli was almost in tears, too.

"Baylee, I totally respect your decision, but you should know my brother really does love you." She said.

"I know...I love him, too. I feel like I'm just dragging him down and holding him back." Alli just nodded understandingly.

"Let's change into our jammies and watch something hilarious while eating ice cream!" She said loudly.

"HECK YES!" I screamed. We changed really fast. We watched a movie and stuffed our faces with ice cream. We eventually fell asleep, after we gave each other mini make overs. I'm going to miss her and our girl days.