I Will Survive... with Louis...

By kixrsty

Scarlett ends up in a situation, miles away from home with Louis Tomlinson. However, she doesn't even know wh... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48. THE END.

Chapter 20.

297K 1.4K 426
By kixrsty

Scarlett's POV

"Aren't you worried someone will see us?" I questioned Louis as we strolled through the local park in which ever city we happened to be in.

"It's a school day." He grinned as he swung our intertwined hands back and forth.

"We should have bought some bread." I mused, staring into the distance.

"Why? Are you hungry?"

"No, I want to feed the ducks." I chuckled.

"How old are you?"

"Age doesn't matter." I joked as we ambled towards the children's play park just like your average young adult/teenage couple would do.

"I bet I can beat you to the swings."

"Who's the kid now?" I questioned, my eyebrows raising a considerable amount upon hearing his threat.

"Meeeeeeeeee!" He squealed like a five year old as his hand slid out of my grasp as he charged towards the awaiting swings which were completely still due to the lack of breeze, British weather can be so temperamental.

"I think that three year old in his pram is giving you questioning looks." I spoke sitting down on the swing directly next to him.

"He's just jealous that I'm a big boy, I can ride the big kid swings!"

"Yes, he's turning green with envy." I joked sarcastically as I began to slowly swing back and forth, gradually getting higher from the ground. "So found anything out from Harry yet?"

"Nope, he's not normally this secretive."

"Hmm...do you think it's because maybe someone knows this mysterious girl?" I pondered, it would explain a lot.

"I don't know to be honest." He sighed. "We don't even know if it's a girl."

"Seriously? I think it's pretty obvious, if it was his mum I would be very concerned about their mother, son relationship."

"What makes you say that?"

"He is always so happy and distant at the moment, would he seriously be day dreaming about his mum?"

"Well this is Harry..." He trailed off, now deep in his own thoughts.

"That would be so weird."

"I'm sure we'll find out soon, he can't keep it a secret forever."

"I guess, what if it was a boy?" I asked, digging deep into my own thoughts.

"He'd still be the same Harry."

"I know, but do you think he'd be worried about telling us?"

"I guess it could explain why he's keeping it a secret."

"Only time will tell."

"Anyway...." He spoke, attempting to change the tone of the conversation, or at least the subject. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." He continued, staring off into the distance, his fingers idly playing with themselves as his swinging gradually came to a halt. The way he was acting made my heart pace quicken, it seemed like something serious and possible something I didn't want to hear.

"Is it bad?" I asked timidly, my own swinging now faltering.

"Depends on your opinion."

"Oh, okay." I uneasily replied.

"About our relationship." When the words left his mouth my body tensed up, it sounded like a break-up speech was about to take to place, I don't think I could deal with that right now. "I'm not exactly an ordinary twenty year old, I'm quite a public figure."

"Public figure? Teen idol? Teenage heartthrob stealing the hearts of many fans."

"That being my point."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure if I want our relationship publicised."

"Oh." I replied, a flush of relief washing over me.

"What? You didn't want to tell the world or anything did you?" He asked with worried eyes and a concerned look on his face.

"I don't mind." I smiled at him, relieving him. "I thought you were going to say something else." I admitted, looking away from his enhancing eyes.

"What did you think I was going to say?"

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I spoke, the corners of my mouth slowly pointing upwards.

"So you're okay with this?"

"Sure, whatever makes you happy and I really don't mind, I like my privacy."

"Phew, I thought you were gonna be upset that I didn't want to show our love, it's not like that, I swear." He rambled on, tripping over his own words. "I am proud of you being my girlfriend, I'm not ashamed or anything, it's just-"

"Louis, I get it." I chuckled before planting my lips onto his to finally get him to shut up.

"Maybe I should ramble more often." He smirked as we pulled away.

"C'mon." I commanded pulling his arm as he lurched off the swing.

"Where are we going?"

"Oh you know...just a stroll around the city, maybe visit a theme park or watch a film in the cinema, it's not like we have a show to perform in two hours." I grinned sarcastically.

"But it's so peaceful here." He whined, applying the 'puppy dog' look to his face.

"I'm sure you can find an empty dressing room." I suggested much to his displeasure.

"What happened to the fun Scarlett?"

"Hey! I'm still here, I just need to pee and I'm starving."

"There's a bush over there...." He suggested, rolling his eyes towards the hedge line on the edge of the park.

"I'm not peeing in a bush!" I protested.

"A dog would." He smirked as he avoided looking at me.

"Are you comparing me to a dog?"

"Well..." He joked as he began to sprint away, very fast.

"Louis Tomlinson you better run for your life!" I called after him, hot on his tail.

"You'll never catch me alive!" He jeered as he galloped like a horse towards the metal gates locking in the park.

"Are you sure about that?" I questioned before jumping straight onto his back causing us to make an impact on the ground. As soon as we landed he was quick to flip over causing me to straddle him, although I could use this as payback.

"I could get use to this." He mused, winking at me, trying to contain his laughter.

"Me too." I attempted to flirt, winking back at him as I put on my 'sexiest' smile, without looking awkward. My head began to lean towards his, I slowly licked my lip, teasing him more, I had to admit it felt old acting like this, it didn't feel natural. I could imagine an undressed, make-up smeared girl doing this in a club to try and seduce a boy she had decided was her prey. His eyes closed as my presence came nearer, our lips nearly touching. My mouth brushed past his but moved towards his ear, sending a small but warm breath down his neck. "You might want to think twice about calling your girlfriend a dog." I whispered into his ear before bouncing to my feet, running away at a rapid speed, grinning like a crazy person from ear to ear.

"HEY!" A voice from faraway summoned my attention, I turned around, still jogging, to see Louis trying to catch up, looking a mixture between confused and astounded. My laughter was cutting the air circulation off in my mouth, finding it hard to run and laugh at the same time I had to stop to catch my breath, only to be jumped on by a hefty boy. "That wasn't very nice." He whined, enveloping me in his toned arms.

"You called me a dog." I pouted as I turned my head to face him.

"I was joking, I didn't think you would take it seriously." He sincerely replied, looking worried as he awaited my reaction.

"I know, I was winding you up, but it was an opportunity to have some fun of my own." I smirked, watching his eyes grow happy again.

"That seriously wasn't very nice." He pouted, his pupils growing increasingly as he looked into my eyes for sympathy.

"I know." I chuckled.

"You owe me now." He replied, poking the end of my nose with his finger.

"Oh do I?" I smirked, raising an eyebrow up at his suggestive face.

"Yep, yes, you definitely do." He grinned before closing the distance between our faces, locking our lips together causing fireworks to explode inside my stomach, I couldn't describe each kiss, every one was different, there was different emotions mixed in, causing a different reaction. Pure happiness caused fireworks, I liked this feeling very much, it felt like it should, it felt right.

"Harry's making tacos if you want some." Niall informed us as we walked into the venue, although it looked like most of the tacos were already consumed by him alone.

"Is there any left?" Louis joked at Niall's expense.

"Good question...I'm still hungry." Niall replied, oblivious to Louis' comment.

"You hungry?" Louis asked turning towards me.

"Starving." I spoke and just on cue, my stomach made the loudest grumbling noise you could imagine, if you were at a Slipknot concert my stomach would have overpowered every other noise in the room. I cringed at my bodies digestive movements and face palmed myself.

"I guess you really are hungry." Louis chuckled from beside me. "C'mon before Niall eats the rest of the tacos."

"Where do you think he stores all this food?" I asked as we walked in step down the corridor.

"His stomach still amazes me, at first I thought it was nerves but nope, he is literally hungry all the time."

"He should have looked at becoming a food taster."

"I'm not quite sure he actually tastes the food he eats, I'm pretty sure it's in the mouth, swallow, next bite."

"I'm surprised he hasn't got permanent hiccups."

"Who's got permanent hiccups?" Harry chimed in as we entered the food room, the apron he was wearing was doing little for his manly appearance but he certainly looked the part of a chef, all he needed was a hair net and a white hat and he would be sorted.

"No-one...yet." I laughed as he stood looking clueless at my responsive. "Don't worry, carry on with what you're doing." I grinned at him.

"I'm watching you two." He replied, pointing at me and Louis with his wooden spoon. "No funny business in the food room." He joked.

"I can't promise anything." Louis smirked before nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck causing me to squirm and giggle like a little girl.

"Louis!" I whined trying to pull away.

"Your hair smells nice."

"I detect a strawberry based shampoo with a coconut enriched conditioner with a small amount of hairspray."

"Uh Zayn...that's slightly worrying you know that." I stood looking at him with wide eyes as he looked proud of his correct statement.

"Well maybe you should use your own hair products." He winked.

"I ran out, you guys didn't buy me any when you went grocery shopping." I defended.

"It's fine, don't worry, I'm just winding you up." He chuckled.

"May I ask why you use women's products though?"

"It makes my hair shinier." He grinned, running a hand through his 'luscious' locks as he referred to them as.

"Sure." I joked as I watched him fix his completely neat hair in case of any flaws, which in his case would seem like a crime.

"Taco for m'lady."

"Why thank you sir." I mocked Louis' accent as I accepted the taco from his hands, careful not to spill any. "Harry didn't do a bad job." I commented as I chewed on more of the delicious delicacy.

"I heard that!" Harry shouted from across the room.

"It's good to have a husband who can cook." Louis spoke as he finished his own food. "That's why I've got Harry." He smirked as he ruffled Harry's curls much to his displeasure.

"Would you like any more dear?" Harry questioned, staring aimlessly into Louis' eyes, playing along with the act. I shook my head at the two of them, their friendship was definitely one to be desired.

"Yes please babe." Louis winked before smacking his lips onto Harry's cheek.

"Does it not concern you that your boyfriend is cheating on you?" A voice filtered through my ears from the side of me.

"I wouldn't call it cheating, they just have a very, very friendly relationship." I emphasized as I turned to face Liam who was watching the 'couple' in front of us wipe taco sauce from each other's faces. "Did they click as soon as they met?"

"Yep, within a day you would have thought they were long lost best friends."

"I guess something's just happen for a reason." I smiled. "How's your relationship going?" I asked, me and Liam have a great friendship, we can have sensible conversations which is nice every once in a while, it's refreshing. He's a very understanding and helpful, I can see why everyone in the band approaches him if they have a problem.

"Great, things just keep getting better." He smiled, looking truly happy.

"Glad to hear it." I smiled back at him.

"So, are you going to tell them that we have a show soon or am I?" He questioned, his eyes flickering back towards Harry and Louis who were now sat on top of each other.

"Maybe a few more minutes." I suggested.

"Yeah, good idea." He agreed. "I'm sure Niall will have fun getting them to get ready." He joked as we slowly backed out of the room.

"Rather him than me." I laughed along with him.

"Preach!" He replied high fiving me in the process. "I'll guess I'll see you later then, if I don't speak to you before you go on, good luck!"

"Thanks, you too." I replied as I entered my empty dressing room. The coldness of the room ran up my spine causing a subtle shiver. I grabbed a jacket of the rack before resuming the social networking position of, laptop on lap and feet up on the sofa until I was called to the stage, this was pretty much my preshow ritual, and after show ritual and most other parts of the day ritual. 

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I grinned at Louis as I turned to face the stage for what could be the last ever time.

"Good luck." He whispered as he planted a sweet kiss on my cheek before letting me wander onto the stage, a familiar place now, a place I could be myself and express myself how I want to.

"How you doing London?" I cheered into the crowd. An uprising roar of screams filtered around the room giving the bass speakers a run for their money. "Ready for a kick ass show?" I chuckled into the microphone as the crowd went crazy, I didn't ever want to get used to this feeling, it was indescribable.

"SLICE SLICE PIZZA!" The whole group shouted as we were all huddled in a circle backstage as we did our last group ritual, most performers do this before the show. One Direction? They do it after the performance, clearly they aren't normal, although I think most fans knew that already.

"I can't believe it's actually over." Niall spoke as he ran his fingers through his sweat ridden hair.

"You'll soon be on tour again." Their manager replied, patting him on the shoulder before sauntering off to do some managerial stuff.

"I never thought six weeks could go so fast." I admitted as we all began walking towards the exit, back to the tour bus which was our home for only a mere couple more hours.

"And just think you didn't originally want to come." Harry grinned, elbowing my side.

"What was I thinking?" I joked while staring at him with crazy eyes until he swatted at my face, clearly creeping him out.

"Stop it." He chuckled.

"Creeped out?"

"Uh yes?!"

"Good." I grinned.

"I'm hungry."

"Nothing new there then Niall." Liam replied to him, earning a subtle whack around the head. I was going to miss the constant banter between the boys, how they were practically family and treated me just like a sister, although not Louis, that would be weird dating your sister.

"What time do you think we'll get home?" Zayn questioned.

"Probably around-"

"SHIT!" I shouted, cutting Liam off from answering the previous question.

"Scarlett?" Louis asked, a concerned face appeared in front of mine.

"Shit shit shit." I mumbled as I jogged down the corridor to the exit way ahead of the others.

"Scarlett?" Someone called out but I carried on charging towards the door. How the heck could I forget something so important? Sometimes I can be so oblivious to the world. I pushed open the door and sprinted across the tarmac to the bus, luckily it was unlocked and I climbed straight aboard. I flung everything off my bunk, which hasn't been slept in for weeks, sharing a bunk turned out to be a lot comfier than I had originally thought. I eventually found my shoulder bag which I carried around sometimes, mainly to carry stuff inside the venue. I pulled out my laptop and impatiently waited for it to switch on, tapping my fingers next to the mouse pad gave me hope it would work faster, unfortunately technology doesn't work like that. As soon as the start-up music played a smile arose on my face although it faltered when I remembered why I was on it in the first place. I carried the MacBook over to the table and crashed down on one of the sofas.

"Scarlett, what's going on?" Louis panted as he stormed down the bus.

"Can't talk, got to sort this." I rambled as I flicked onto the internet, staring intensely at the screen.

"Sort what?" He questioned as he joined my on the sofa, I ignored his question and continue to scroll through the internet. "What are you doing?" He asked with a hint of humour in his voice.

"Looking for a place to live, in case you've forgotten, Taylor kicked me out." I muttered in an impatient tone, I didn't meant to be rude but I couldn't live on the streets.

"You're not going to find any estate agents open at this time of night."

"It's London, there's bound to be one." I instantly replied as I scanned over flats and apartments I could afford from the money I had earned on tour.

"You don't need to find anywhere to live." He chuckled, trying to close my laptop.

"Louis." I sternly spoke, swatting his hand away.

"Scarlett." He mocked as this time he succeeded in closing my laptop.

"If I don't find somewhere to live in the next hour I'll have to find a doorstep to sleep in." I grumbled.

"You make me laugh sometimes." He laughed as he shook his head at me.

"You're not helping my situation." I pouted at him.

"You think I want my girlfriend living half way across the city do you?"

"Well-"

"Scarlett, I want you to live with me."

"But-"

"Like a wise 19 year old girl once said; Butts are for sitting." He smirked while resting his forehead against mine.

"You can't use my own sayings against me." I tried to seriously reply but ended up grinning like a goof, it seems Louis had a pretty good way of making me feel happy, all of the time. "But Louis I'm serious."

"So am I." He interrupted. I sucked in a deep breath before placing my hand against his mouth so only murmurs could be heard escaping his lips.

"I know you are but it's not that simple. I've been living with you guys for the past six weeks the other guys are almost definitely going to want some pure guy time without a girl around all the time, you're going to want your normal lives back, I don't need to get in the way of your smoothly running lives." I concluded, my eyes averting from his. "And as much as I would like to, it wouldn't be fair on anyone."

"Scarlett, we don't mind."

"HOLY CRAP HARRY! Don't do that!" I shouted, turning to face the curly haired boy who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Maybe if you took a second to breathe for once you would have heard us come in." He chuckled.

"I'm having a situation here!"

"You get stressed out far too easily." He laughed as he walked over, followed by the remainder of the boys. Niall had somehow managed to pick up a big of Doritos on the way and was munching on them happily in silence.

"Wouldn't you be stressing if you had nowhere to live?"

"But you do have somewhere to live. With us."

"I can't do that to you guys." I sighed, as much as I wanted to spend every day with Louis, it really wasn't fair to constantly invade their home and privacy.

"Scarlett, we agreed ages ago you could live with us." Liam seriously replied.

"You didn't think to tell me?" I sceptically quizzed.

"We just assumed we'd be bringing you home anyway." Harry intervened.

"You make it sound like I'm a lost dog from an animal shelter." I joked feeling slightly more comfortable with the arrangement.

"Just one thing."

"What?"

"The walls aren't soundproof." He winked before breaking out into laughter. The blood from around my body rushed to my face, enhancing the redness by a fairly large amount, the temperature of my skin was soaring as I tried to sink down into the sofa. Me and Louis were going steady, we were close but we hadn't reached that level yet, I was apprehensive of progressing further into the relationship, my last experience was one I never wanted to relive.

"Aww leave my Scar alone."  Louis cooed as he pulled me into his side, grasping his arms around me. "Ignored the big bully, he's just jealous because no-one loves him." He whispered, although not exactly quietly as the others heard too, into my ear.

"And I thought we had something!" Harry pouted, looking sorrowful.

"It's okay, you can sleep in my bed tonight." Zayn replied, patting him on the head, going along with the whole fake hurt act thing.

"Can I sleep in your bed then Liam?" Niall asked, looking surprisingly serious.

"No." Liam responded before walking towards the back of the bus as we slowly began to roll down the streets.

"Everyone else is sharing." Niall whined.

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"You're no fun." Niall mopped.

"You have your own bed." Liam laughed in disbelief.

"It's big and I get lonely."

"Just take a bag of crisps to bed, it's like a match made in heaven." Louis suggested.

"Fine." Niall sulked as he hugged his crisps, muttering words into the packaging causing us all to laugh, definitely a screw loose somewhere.

"Bloody hell Scarlett, I thought I remember you packed light?" Louis huffed as he hauled my suitcase, as well as his, into his bedroom.

"You insisted on carry it in." I smirked before waddling over towards him.

"I didn't realise you were taking the venue home." He joked at the weight of my luggage.

"I'm sure an arena would weigh a lot more than my suitcase."

"I beg to differ."

"And anyway, I just bought a few things along the way."

"A few?"

"Well it's here now, so stop moaning." I grinned before planting my lips on his.

"Why did you stop?" He pouted as I pulled away for his eager looking face.

"I'm hungry."

"Glad to know food comes before your boyfriend."

"Always." I joked before heading towards the kitchen.

"Make me a sandwich!" He called out down the hallway.

"Yes master." I jested. The house was pretty quiet, it seemed everyone had gone straight to their own rooms, probably where they'll stay for the rest of the night, it was practically morning anyway. I flung open the cupboards and then it just occurred to me, who leaves food in the house for six weeks? I sighed as I gently closed the cupboard and invaded the fridge. Just as I suspected the cabinets and shelves were completely empty.

"Where's my sandwich?" Louis' husky voice rang through my ears as his arms gripped around my waist from behind.

"It looks like either Niall has already raided the kitchen or you guys cleared it all out before you left." I replied, turning around to face him, still present in his grasp.

"I think there's a packet of popcorn on top of the fridge..." He pondered.

"Why would it be there?"

"Liam hides it there from Niall, it's for a movie night."

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, I'll make the popcorn, you go find something to watch. There's a massive rack of DVD's in the living room."

"Okay." I yawned whilst slowly walking towards the lounge. The rack of films was a vast improvement from my collection, they had every genre of film from Sci-fi to Thriller, romance to crime, zombie to gangster. My eyes scanned over the spines of the cases before settling on one of my favourites.

"Got one?" Louis asked appearing in the room with a bowl full of butter scented popcorn.

"Yep." I grinned, flashing him the case.

"I haven't watched this in a while."

"One of my personal favourites." I replied, settling down on the sofa next to him.

"I kinda want a suit like Iron Man."

"Why?"

"I don't know, being a superhero looks cool and plus he can fly." He chuckled, vibrating my whole body.

"You're already my superhero." I responded, biting my lip as his eyes lingered onto mine.

"You know you're irresistible when you do that."

"What?" I obliviously asked.

"Biting your lip, it looks seductive." He smirked.

"Really? I do it when I'm thinking." I laughed.

"Seductive thinking."

"Yeah...okay."

"Keep it PG guys." My whole body jumped at the voice behind us, distracting my attention from the film or Louis.

"Harry, why are you dressed up like you're going out?" Louis sceptically questioned.

"I am." He stated proudly.

"Where?"

"Just out." Harry answered vaguely.

Just out?" Louis repeated, not really sure what to make of the situation.

"Don't wait up." Harry winked at Louis, before he had a chance to respond the front door was already closed with Harry on the opposite side.

"Where do you think he's going?" I asked.

"Beats me." Louis sighed, helping himself to more popcorn.

"I think I have a hunch."

"Really?"

"It's his 'mysterious caller'." I replied, doing the hand gesture with my fingers to enhance the words.

"At this time?"

"Doesn't want to get caught during the day and plus, it's been six weeks since he's been home, probably missing whoever it is."

"But we've never seen or met anyone that he would possibly be meeting."

"You never know who it could be."

"I suppose you're right. Are you tired? I can turn this off if you want."

"No, I'm fine." I replied, yawning mid-sentence.

"Somehow I don't believe you." He laughed softly.

"I don't want to move." I softly spoke in a timid voice as I snuggled into his side.

"Me neither." He replied, joining in with the yawning. "Night Scar." He added before placing his lips on my forehead.

"Night Lou." I replied, smiling into his shirt as the sound of Iron Man still filled the dimly lit room as we both made no effort to leave the room and drifted off to sleep on the sofa. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 124K 94
One day turns into a lifetime. When two friends win a day with one direction, they never expect what was going to happen next. (This book was writte...
Us By Leona Riley

Short Story

26 0 26
A teenage girl meets a really hot guy who ends up to be her best friend's cousin and they live happily ever after. But what if it isn't as happy as i...
3K 60 17
Harry is quite suicidal. Who could blame him? Life sucks. Or at least that's what he thought before he met Louis Tomlinson. The mysterious boy he had...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...