FACADE ( the GazettE Tale )

By GUILTY_

He was a sinner. She was a saint. He was her irrefutable joy. She was his ultimate pain. He was her unknown c... More

P R O L O G U E
Chapter One : Nightmare in the Dark
Chapter Two : The Scent of Infinite Hell
Chapter Three : Dance into the tune of Pulses
Chapter Four : Into the Consuming Gaze
Chapter Four and a Half : Eighteenth of September
Chapter Five: Between Euphoria and Inferno
Chapter Six : The Knight of Darkness
Chapter Six and a Half : Twentieth of September
Chapter Seven : A Fruitful Endeavor
Chapter Eight : A Trip to Pandemonium
Chapter Nine : Know Thy Existence
Chapter Nine and a Half : Twenty-Fifth of September
Chapter Ten : Sonata of a Requiem
Chapter Eleven : An Antagonistic Desire
Chapter Eleven and a Half : Twenty-Sixth of September
Chapter Twelve : Whisper of the Knight
Chapter Twelve and a Half : Twenty-Seventh of September
Chapter Thirteen : Surrendering to You
Chapter Fourteen : A Hateful Sight
Chapter Fourteen and a Half : Twenty-Ninth of September
Chapter Fifteen : Closing the Distance
Chapter Sixteen : Prayer on my Lips
Chapter Sixteen and a Half : Twenty-Ninth of September (2)
Chapter Seventeen : Dragging the Time
Chapter Eighteen : Bare Thy Core
Chapter Nineteen : Seven Letter Word
Chapter Twenty One : An Established Restriction
Chapter Twenty Two : A Passionate Touch
Chapter Twenty Two and a Half : Seventeenth of October
Chapter Twenty Three : In the Midst of Us
Chapter Twenty Four : A Sovereign Craving
Chapter Twenty Five : A Fragile Existence
Chapter Twenty Six : Havoc in your Haven
Chapter Twenty Seven : Hope in Broken Words
Chapter Twenty Eight : Without a Life
Chapter Twenty Nine : Captured in Netherworld
Chapter Thirty : New Found Pain
Chapter Thirty One : The Beast in Chains
Chapter Thirty Two : Uncertain Bloodshed
Chapter Thirty Three : Deep Within
Chapter Thirty Four : A Heart Beat
Chapter Thirty Five : The First and Last Drop
E P I L O G U E
Extra Chapter: Into Your Light

Chapter Twenty : Losing My Own Fight

1.4K 46 6
By GUILTY_

"That's none of your damn business!" I shouted once again, refraining myself from throwing the table across the room.

My father stood up from his chair and glared at me, pointing his finger at himself with much force. "I am your father! I have the right to know what's running on your mind! Especially if it's one of your doings that can ruin our kind!"

Everyone in school was aware of how I became close with Aya. Every where I go in the school, I could hear murmurs and whispers about us. Some of them were even brave to come and ask me straight forward of what Aya did that I was giving her my attention. I answered them my glare. They were all very fucking irritating.

Byo and Carmela were quiet about this and hadn't asked me anything. I could feel that they wanted to ask me though every time when we were in the car on our way home.

Apparently, this interest didn't stop at the students alone. It continued to the nitwit teachers of the school and one of them was too stupidly ardent to tell my father. Tego fucking Mizushima.

Now my father was interrogating me of what I was planning to do with Aya and why was I being close to her. He wouldn't accept that we were just partners in our music project and was pushing that there was something.

I couldn't tell him the truth. I would never tell him the truth.

Snorting, I turned my back at my father and walked towards his office's door. If I stay here longer I knew something bad would happen.

"Are you going to kill her?"

My feet stopped and my body remained frozen on my spot when I heard my own father's question.

What? Was I that too messed up to make him ask that kind of question?

My father's voice ruled the whole room. "If you're planning that then don't do it. Her mother is a very good business partner of -"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I lost it. I had grabbed the couch and thrown it to the door before I could stop myself. The chair broke into two pieces, leaving a long horizontal crack on the wood when it fell down the floor. I faced my father with infuriation etched on my face. "I'm not going to kill Aya."

He huffed at what I said and sat back down on his seat, making me angrier. "You address each other by your given names? Interesting, Ruki. Tell me more about it."

I hardened my stare at him, my hands turning to fists on either side of me. "Maybe you didn't hear me the first time. It's. None. Of. Your. Fucking. Business."

Father didn't seem to hear me and said. "I want you to stay away from her."

Are you fucking kidding me?!

He set a restriction. What the hell was his problem?

Before I could do anything more destructive, I walked out of his office and head to the veranda and tried to calm myself. My hand gripped the wooden rail too hard they broke and turned into ashes in my palms.

I did try that. I had used all of my power to stay away from her but I couldn't. And now that I knew how it was to be with Aya, I don't think I could stop. I didn't want to stop. I wanted to be with her - always. No matter how painful it was for me.

"GODDAMN IT!" I kicked the hell out of one of the sofa chairs until it was distorted into little pieces.

Why couldn't they leave us alone? Why couldn't they mind their own damn business?

I paced to and fro at the porch, thinking of what was the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I came up with nothing.

Restriction had never stopped me before and it couldn't stop me now. I jumped off the veranda and dashed my way to the place where I go almost every night starting last week.

All lights were out except at the main door and some spotlights at the lawn. I hurriedly climbed up to her open window and jumped mutedly in her room.

Like always, Aya was fast asleep.

Her blanket was twisted around her left leg up to her chest. There were a few strands of hair covering her face. Her lips were slightly opened while her breathing was deep.

Her room was like mine now, I became very familiar with her things and this four cornered place. I grabbed the book I started to read last night and sat down on her couch.

I was starting to hate the book. The protagonist was too stupid.

As I flipped the next page, my eyes traveled and saw Aya sitting up on her bed sleepily. She rubbed both of her eyes and as she opened them, her gaze looked at my direction.

When her eyes widened and her lips opened, I instantly left the book and flashed before her. She was going to scream. Covering her mouth with my hand, I pushed her back to bed.

"Shh... It's me."

With her still wide eyes, Aya moved my hand away from her lips. "Ruki?"

I nodded silently and sat down at the side of her bed. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"N..no." She sat up hurriedly, her gaze never left mine. "You're here."

Unexpectedly busted, I could only manage a single bob of my head.

I thought Aya would berate me of my trespassing in her room, but her lips pulled up in a warm smile that reached her eyes. Surprising me.

"Is this your first time? Visiting my room?"

This was getting embarrassing. I cleared my throat before I answered. "No. I... It started last week."

"You're here? While.. I'm asleep?"

I nodded again.

A scowl formed on her brows. "W..why?"

I shrugged. "I just want to see you."

Even with just her dim lamp on, I saw her cheeks reddened.

Aya sat Indian style and fidgeted with her fingers, she asked me while looking down. "What were you doing while I'm... sleeping?"

"Looking around....I've been reading some of your books." I admitted and suddenly felt that I invaded her personal space.

She looked up at me through her lashes as asked. "What have you read?"

"A stupid guy who killed himself because he thought that the girl was dead." I said, remembering how the writer used deep words in his creation.

Aya chuckled and shook her head. "He wasn't stupid. He was just uninformed."

"Because of his stupidity, the girl took her life too." I was up for debate when it comes to this. I really couldn't understand how it ended into a tragic story when there were a lot of loopholes.

She snickers and nodded. "Okay. So you think Romeo is stupid while I think that he's a very unfortunate lover."

A bitter lopsided smile tugged on my lips. Thinking about it, the protagonists were also being restricted to see each other in the book. But I would never let myself be like the guy. I would be stronger for Aya - stronger for this dominating feeling for her.

"I should go." I stood up but I felt her soft hand held mine.

Casting my gaze down, I found her staring at me intently.

"If I ask you to stay.... Would you do it?"

I stared at her beautiful brown eyes and I heard myself answering. "Of course."

She smiled at me warmly, flashing her light on my darkness. "Then stay..."

There was no hesitation.

I didn't even bother about my thirst when she pulled the sheet and patted a place on the bed. I sat down beside her and leaned my back on the headboard.

"Is it okay? like this?" She asked as she cautiously laid down the bed.

I nodded at her. "Go to sleep, Aya."

"Good Night, Ruki."

She smiled a sweet smile at me before closing her eyes. Time passed, Aya's breathing became deep and I did nothing but stare at her and tried to forget the thirst that was now presenting its self.

The pain burst from my throat down to my chest, burning me the fuck inside. Both of my hands clenched tightly as I fought my now awaken beast.

It opened its eyes and looked down at its prey with a wide sickening grin on its face. It was too close from its favorite scent, too easy to devour its long anticipated blood.

I shook my head and tried to find the light. Her light.

I was blinded by my own darkness made by my own monster.

A drop. A taste. A single drop. A little taste.

My beast whispered at me - cajoling me to lean down on Aya's neck, coaxing me to open my lips and strike my fangs.

The torturous ache on my chest caused me to groan. It was very strong right now, I was afraid I'd lose.

I couldn't lose. No.

"A..." In the dark, I tried to call out for Aya. But the strong pain stopped me from speaking.

My beast snarled as I fought it in. That move simultaneously caused another pain to attack me.

I was losing.

My façade was no more. I was slowly drifting, becoming one on my darkness.

Another pain shot in me. I tried to hold on but my hand was starting to let go... then I heard it.

"RUKI!"

Her light beamed on my darkness and I followed it. I followed her.

"RUKI!! Look at me!"

Brown eyes. Brown eyes.

Aya.

Our faces were too near from each other. I found one of my hands on her neck and the other on her shoulder, holding her tightly. I loosened both of them.

"Did I... Did I hurt you?"

I'd never felt scared until now.

I looked her all over and thankful of not finding any wound or... blood.

"No...." Aya shook her head, both of her hands held either of my cheeks. "No, Ruki... I'm fine."

I heaved a sigh of relief.

I won over my beast again, but it was a close fight.

Tears drop continuously from Aya's eyes when she asked. "Are you okay?"

I nodded before I pulled her into a hug.

And she cried on my chest, her tears smudging my shirt.

An embodiment of how I was close from losing against my beast - from losing Aya.

I locked her around my arms securely.

"I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 3.2K 40
He was called Cold Blood Monster. He was a cold-blood monster, doesn't mean he had no HEART. He has... he has feelings too. Yet, he looks cold. But...
1K 150 14
Believing in God but considered a sinner, Lexia, a 21-year-old woman, is uncertain whether she will end up in heaven or hell upon her death. She find...
24.2K 468 12
His life was a living hell but she entered his life as a miracle lighting up his darkest days.
1.4K 207 28
She was happy She was content She wanted nothing more He came into her life He broke her into pieces. He left her with nothing But pain,sorrow and be...