After All This Time

By Stormy_Mountains

Jamie Fairchild 18 years old, shadowhunter since age 10 is better known as Elizabeth Lovelace. Leaving the wo... More

Authors Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note + Sequel Title Contest

Chapter 1

12.1K 163 51
By Stormy_Mountains

Elizabeth's POV

Me and Simon are sitting outside Java Jones waiting for Clary to get back from her interview for Brooklyn academy of arts.

"So when are you going to tell her Simon?" I ask him.

"Uh, never! Are you kidding, we've been friends since we were little, it would be to weird" he says and I frown.

"Exactly you've been friends since you were little, there is no one who knows her better, well I mean other than me but I'm her sister so that's a no." I say and we laugh. In walks someone I recognize, I smile. "Ryan!" I yell and wave my boyfriend over.

"Hey babe." He says kissing me before sitting down.

"You made it." I smile at him.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss Clary's big addition day." He smiles at me then looks over to Simon. "Simon my brother!"

"My brother!" Simon says and fist pumps Ryan. "Still treating my sister well?" He asks.

"Si." I say.

"What its a good question to ask considering I'm you designated brother since you don't have one." He smiles at me and I smile back.

"Fine. And Ryan is treating me fine." I say kissing Ryan on the cheek and interlocking our fingers. Out of the corner of my eye I see red hair walk through the door. "Clary!" I call her smiling but my smile fades as soon as I see her frowning. Simon and Ryan notice and they jump up before saying.

"Give us the names of the professors" Ryan starts.

"and I will end them" simon says finishing, I give them a look and he adds. "You know with a well written letter to the dean, sorry Jamie." I smile.

"Don't bother" Clary says throwing a letter on the table and sitting beside Simon. I open it and smile handing it to Simon who then hands it to Ryan.

"Clary I'm so proud of you!" I say and hug my sister.

"The sad face, good cover" Simon says and hugs her "congrats!"

"Way to go fray!" Ryan says giving her a high five.

"Thanks guys!" Clary says and the waitress comes by with Clary's order, we come here so often they know us by name. "Thank you". She says the the waitress. Clary picks up her biscotti and is about to eat it when Simon starts talking to her and she puts it down on her sketch pad, I watch it blend into the page.

'Oh no' I think 'it's starting' Clary was staring at the biscotti 'drawing'.

"That's a latte" Simon says when he sees Clary staring.

"But I could have sworn I had a biscotti" she says.

"Maybe you eat it really fast and you didn't know it, that happens to me all the time" Ryan says.

"Here I'll replace your mythical biscotti with a real one" Simon says and gives Clary the biscotti, I smirk at him and he ignores me. This kid is so in love.

**

We walk into our apartment.

"Mom, were home!" I yell.

"Hey congrats sweetheart!" Jocelyn, my adopted mother says hugging Clary. I roll my eyes, she must follow Simon on Twitter.

"You follow Simon don't you." Clary says rolling her eyes also.

"He only has 90 followers he needs the re-tweets" mom says smiling and walks over to me.

"Hey Jay! How are you?" She asks and hugs me.

"Good, and you?" I ask.

"Good" she says.

My name is Jamie Fray/ Fairchild, or as everyone in my past knows me Elizabeth Lovelace. Jocelyn Fray took me in when I was 11, after I was transferred to the New York institute from Idris, The Shadowhunter homeland. Yes I know I am a Shadowhunter, I became one before I left.

You must be thinking, why are you with Jocelyn? Isn't she suppose to be dead? Exactly, and so am I. I was born into an inactive Shadowhunter family, the Lovelace's, with my twin brother, Jonathan. We lived a peaceful life until age 3 when Jonathan was murdered by the circle. I was the one who found his bones, burnt by members of the circle who told me 'He will find you, you know you can't save the ones you love.' The mother found out about what happened to Jonathan and what the circle members said to me so she asked the clave to send to the New York institute, the agreed. However it wasn't going to be till I was 10 and if I was made a shadowhunter. I knew that my mother didn't want me to be a part of the shadow world so she planed to have us live with an old friend of hers. All I needed to do was get into a specific car when we moved to New York, the rest we didn't need to worry about.

Two years later tragedy struck. As soon as I turned 5 Valentine sent men to kill our family, after my grandparents and father were killed they started to come after me. My mother helped hide me, she told me to run and she would find me, so I did. I ran out of the house and into the woods to hide behind a tree waiting for her to find me, she never did. It was dark so I moved from my tree and headed back to my so called home only to see it in flames. I screamed for my mother but she didn't answer, as soon as the flames went down I walked around the house and found my mother and father's bones . Valentine killed my family and my brother, he killed the only best friend and family I ever had.

For 5 years I moved around the woods in Idris hiding from Demons and finding a way to survive. I spent so long in the woods and fending for myself that when Maryse Lightwood found me I almost killed her with the bow I made. She asked me a lot of questions about my family, who I was, how long I was in the woods for, so many questions I put up more walls. After a minute she asked if I wanted to stay with her for a night and if I didn't like it I could leave the next day. 

The next thing I knew I was movin in with the Lightwoods for three years. There I meet Jace, who also just moved in with them. I met Isabelle, and Alec, two of the three Lightwood siblings. We all immediately became friends. The show-off, the confident one, the rule follower, and the broken one. We all fit together like pieces of a puzzle.

Over the one year I lived with them I became best friends with Izzy, she kept talking about become parabatai. I agreed but knew it wasn't going to happen. Me and Jace fought like brother and sister, in fact we were almost as close as siblings, we considered each other the ones. Alec and I, we grew super close, so much so that I started having feelings for him, I know we couldn't be together so a month before leaving I started pulling away from all of them.

The time came and I left, I 'died', I left my best friends and man of my dreams to keep them safe, I wasn't going to let what happened to my family and Jonathan happen to them. When I arrived at my new home I met Clary, she pulled me into her room and started talking and I did the same, that's when we're really became sisters, the second we met. I knew everything about her and she knew almost everything about me, minus the Shadowhunter, and best friends part.

A week after I moved in with them Jocelyn filled for adoption and name change, I officially became Jamie Fray, goodbye Elizabeth Lovelace, at that moment I knew everything was going to be okay even just for a little bit, I was finally letting go of my past when I let go of my name. I knew It was going to be hard keeping the shadow world from Clary, but I knew she wasn't ready for it when we were little.

****

Today is her 18th birthday so Simon, Ryan, and I are taking her out after Si's gig. I already gave her my gift, which was a black shirt she could wear tonight. I knew mom was going to want her to stay in when she gives Clary her present.

"Happy birthday Clary!" Mom says pulling out a box, Clary opens it. "It's called a Stele" she explains.

"What is it? Like a paperweight?" Clary asks, I roll my eyes and sit at the kitchen island watching them.

"No it's much more than that, it's very ancient, I want you to have it." Mom says.

"It's a family heirloom" I add from where I'm sitting helping mom out.

"We Fray's have heirlooms?" Clary questions.

"A lot more than you think." Mom says frowning. "Honey, we all need to-" she starts but is cut off by Clary's phone beeping.

"Oh it's Simon, he's on his way here." Clary says reading her text.

"Clary sit down please you need to listen to her" I say.

"I can't and you know that, we're going to see Champlain Enema tonight." She says turning to me. Mom gives me a weird look.

"Simons band." I say clarifying.

"And then Simon, Ryan, and Jamie are take me out after" Clary continues.

"But it's... It's your 18th birthday and everything is going to change your you now." Mom says and I mentally face palm myself.

'Really that's how your going to start the your a Shadowhunter conversation' I think to myself.

"Mom, we've had the talk, I'm good I don't need it again" Clary says shrugging off this conversation like it's not a big deal, which it totally is but whatever.

"Clary it's not that talk, we need to have a much different talk. It's more important than the birds and the bees" mom says as I hold back a laugh.

"And we will have this talk but can it be over breakfast, please. I love you" Clary says and kisses mom on the forehead. "Thank you for the heirloom, love you" she says and walks to her room. Mom lets out a sigh.

"Well at least you tired. That's all that really matters. However I really think you should have done this conversation a long time ago." I say biting into an apple.

"Yah you and Luke both, I just... Wanted to keep her out of it, to protect her." Mom says and sits beside me.

"I know mom, but she's not a 10 year old kid anymore, she now an adult and you can't hide her from the truth anymore." I tell her, she smiles at me.

"I know." She says looking at me. "How did I get so lucky to end up with you?" She says and I laugh.

"I don't know, fate?" I say and this time she laughs.

"When did you get to be such a smartass?" She asks.

"I've always been a smartass. I just don't show it often" I say and get up "you'll figure out how to do if properly I know you will" I give her a hug and kiss her on the cheek "I love you" I say.

"I love you too" she says and hugs me back. I let go and walk to my room to change for tonight. As I'm changing a weird feeling comes over me, right then I know that tonight everything is going to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
32.5K 1.4K 25
Alec Lightwood is 21 years old and has promptly been arrested for being complicit in a group assault on a older gentleman that tried to commit rape o...
283K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...
488K 9.6K 63
Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven and had been taken in by the Lightwoods. S...