Friends With Benefits

By GoddessOfAphrodite

Lin and Jake had been friends with benefits since high school. After awhile they decided its not right anymor... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
READ!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
ANNOUNCEMENT
Epilogue
HELLO

Chapter 11

68.4K 756 95
By GoddessOfAphrodite

Chapter 11- Bride And Groom

It's been a month since Jake and I decided to patch up things between us. The bickering and throwing of jerky/bitchy or perverted comments was still there, but I guess that's really who we are.

"Do you wanna get pizza?" Jake asked as he plopped himself beside me on the couch.

"Yeah, call room service."

Jake and I decided to get our own hotel room since he was still in bad terms with my parents. At first it was tolerable but it just got worse. They would make dinner exactly for the three of us and by would just leave Jake out of the conversation. Honestly, it was even pissing me off.

Jake reached for the phone and ordered pizza.

"Yes, that would be all," he said.

"Ohh wait! Get me ice cream!" I called.

He chuckled before ordering me one. He hung up my phone with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I snapped.

"You do realize that our wedding is in 2 days," he said.

"So?"

"You keep on eating?"

My mouth fell open in shock. How dare he?

I slapped my hand on his shoulder. His lips formed an 'o' as my hand made contact with his body.

"I was just saying!"

"You are so mean, Jake!"

I quickly got up from the couch and looked at my body in the full length mirror. I wasn't that vain about my body but ever since all physical activities was stripped off of me, I became conscious about it.

"Oh, shit," I muttered.

I was getting fat.

I lifted my shirt up and looked at my tummy.

"Nooo!"

Jake's laugh echoed around the room. I glared at him through the mirror.

"Jake!" I snapped.

He was still laughing when he stood up and walked towards me. I was still looking at my body with my eyes almost coming out of my sockets.

Cold hands enveloped my bare stomach. I gasped and shivered at the same time. Behind me was Jake with a smile on his face.

"I was kidding, Angel," he whispered.

"No, look, Jake! There's fats!"

He looked directly at my stomach which made me flush.

"What if my dress wont fit? Oh, gosh."

I was pacing in small circles around the room with Jake behind me.

"It will be broadcast everywhere! I will look like a total fool."

"Stop!"

Jake placed his hands on both of my shoulders and turned me around to face him. He crouched down a bit to be at eye level with me.

"You aren't fat. Believe me, Angel. I've seen you naked and nothing has changed. You're still hot."

His words made me flush.

I was about to say something but words seemed to abandon me.

Jake was looking directly at my eyes before his gaze changed to my lips. He started leaning. I wanted to move and push him away but the greater part of me wanted to just wrap my arms around his neck and pull him towards me. I craved for his touch and taste. It's been too long and I needed it.

His arms wrapped around my waist making me yelp a bit. I could feel the small hairs on my skin stood up. Shivers run around my body.

"Angel-"

A loud knock came towards the door.

"Room service!"

I wanted to curse and yell at him to go the fuck away, but Jake beat me to it. He pulled away with some emotions in his eyes. He walked towards the door and opened it.

The man gave him the box of pizza followed by the ice cream.

"Do you mind if I take an autograph?" he asked Jake.

Jake glanced at me. I walked towards the couch and sat after giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just put this down,"

-*-*-*-

Jake closed the door with an apologetic smile on his face.

"I hope it's not yet cold," he said while opening the box.

I didn't know what to say. Usually I would be sarcastic or something but I still lost for words.

Did I really want to kiss him?

We watched a movie together but it was too damn awkward.

"Um, I'm tired. So, I'll go to bed," I told him.

He looked at me and nodded his head. Before I could be out of his reach, his hand wrapped around my wrist. I turned to look at him, afraid of what he'll say.

His mouth opened and closed as if lost for words.

"Um, goodnight," he said in defeat.

I smiled at him. "Goodnight, Jake."

He didn't remove his hand away from me after a few more seconds. I walked towards my room feeling myself flushed and cold but sweaty at the same time.

-*-*-*-

By 1 pm I woke up with a sudden thought.

I'm getting married tomorrow.

I jolted up from my bed and paced around the room. I had this sudden urge to throw up.

"Wait, there's nothing to worry about. It's not like it's real. It's a seal to my citizenship, not love," I said to myself.

I stopped abruptly and looked at myself in the mirror. "Right? Not love?"

A knock came towards my door which made me jump in surprise.

"Liiin!"

Before I could open my door Shay and Crystal came barging in.

"We're getting you ready!" Crystal gushed as she quickly went to rummage in my closet.

"Make up!" Shay cheered.

She pushed me in front of the vanity mirror and forced me to sit down on the chair.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Shay was quick with applying make up.

"Getting you ready for the party!" She squealed.

"Party?"

"Bridal shower, sweetie," Crystal called out.

"Wait. Who planned this?"

"All of us girls!"

-*-*-*-

I didn't take us a long time to get ready. Soon, we were on the road.

"I hope you didn't make this big," I said.

Shay laughed.

"It's big isn't it?"

"Just wait and see."

I huffed then crossed my arms.

It took us an hour to reach the venue. Shay parked into a familiar place. Immediately I felt like crying.

Shay and Crystal looked at me with same emotion in their eyes.

"Are you ready?"

I looked around. White sand, clear blue ocean, 2 tall houses stood directly to each other.

Alex and Zach.

"I miss her," I whispered.

Shay closed her eyes and turned around. Crystal placed her head on the chair.

"Gosh! I'm sorry," I said with a light laugh.

A single tear escaped my eyes.

"Let's not ruin our make ups," Shay said with a smile on our face.

"Come on!"

We walked out of the car and made way to one of the houses. Alex's house. The last I've been here was when we sorted out her things.

As we stepped foot on the house I willed myself not to cry.

Alex will slap the shit out of me. And that girl slapped like a bitch.

"Does Jake know?" I asked.

"No."

"I should tell him."

"No, Lin. He has his own party," Crystal assured me.

"Let's party!"

-*-*-*-

The party was in a roll by midnight. Everybody was acting like they're teenagers even though they were old. Jane and my office friends were here. My cousins and mom was also present. And my school friends, high school and college was here. The house was just packed.

I walked upstairs towards Alex's room and entered. It was still the same. Blue and gray walls, queen sized bed with white sheets, her white couch placed directly by the huge window, white desk with books and a massive book shelf.

I sat on the couch and stared outside. I noticed that Zach's house has lightings. Too much lightings.

They're having the party there!

It was so cute how they used these houses for our wedding. The thought made me guilty. This wedding is fake. It was for my benefit and Jake's. We were getting divorce after a year. The thoughts of backing out shot through my mind, but soon I heard my phone rang silently.

"Shouldn't you be partying?" Jake asked immediately once I answered.

I chuckled. "I am partying."

"So why are you staring out the window on the second floor like a creeper?"

I immediately looked around trying to find him. Then I saw him, he was standing by the side of the porch. Even in the dark I can see the way his lips was curved up into a small smile.

"I should say the same," I retorted.

"Come down," he whispered.

I wanted so badly to come down, but I willed myself to play with him for a little while.

"Isn't it like a bad juju? You shouldn't see you bride the day before wedding."

"Well, it's past midnight. I think we're good."

I laughed.

"Pass by the back door," he said before hanging up.

I quickly got out of the room and went outside. It was so damn cold! I wrapped my hands to my bare arms as I walked towards where Jake was.

"You look nice," he said once I reached him.

The faint light of the moon and the little lights from the houses were our only source of light but it was all it took for me to see how handsome he was.

"I could say the same."

He smirked before standing up. "You want to go for a walk?"

I nodded my head.

We walked together in silence. It was not even awkward which was weird.

"I don't talk about her," Jake said.

I snapped my head towards him, not really sure what he meant.

He turned his head towards me with his eyes glittering in sadness.

"Alex. I meant."

My heart started to pick up. Every time I would see Jake he wouldn't talk about Alex at all.

"It was like loosing a part of me. And what's worse, I wasn't there for her. I went to tour just like she said. The night I got a call from dad that her heart is already failing I went back immediately. Once I laid my eyes on her I wanted to cry, but I told myself I cant. When we were young I used to be her knight and shinning armor."

At this moment, we stopped walking. Jake was staring at the ocean with so much pain in his eyes. I didn't know what to do. Instead I wrapped my arms around him. Jake didn't respond first but then he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Jake, I feel so guilty," I whispered.

He pulled away a bit and looked at me. "What do you mean?"

"We're getting married for visa. This isn't what Alex would want."

He placed his fingers under my chin and made me look up at him. "If Alex is here, which is a yes, she would want you to be married with me and no one else. No matter what the reason is."

"I still feel bad-"

"To make you feel better, I -"

"Guys! This is bad juju!"

We both pulled away and looked at the direction of the voice. Drew.

Jake had his eyebrows scrunched. "We were having a moment."

Drew rolled his eyes before grabbing Jake. "I'm taking you in. Get yourself a rest and fuck tomorrow after your wedding."

"Drew!"

Shay came towards us. "You guys! Jake get in Zach's house and Lin in Alex's house! You'll see each other tomorrow and be sealed with love."

-*-*-*-
HEYA GUYS! IM LATE FOR SCHOOL BECAUSE I DECIDED TO UPDATE!

Big chapter next! ;)

Vote? Comment? Promote? Follow?

Thank you!

Always smile :)

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 15.7K 32
Rosa and Jake have been friend ever since Freshman year, they were two peas in a pod and couldn't be closer. They've gotten so close that Rosa has fa...
206 14 40
When Anna's life long best friend Molly died from a rare genetic disease the freshman year of high school she had one last request for her - take car...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...
173 20 9
Emily and Jake have been together since he moved in to her house after the death of his parents. They're serious about each other and everyone knows...