Safaa

By Kalthumm

Join me as I tell you the story of the timid and naive Safaa.. And how her moderate life took a turn within... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
👐
Chapter Forty Three
An Apology
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

11.2K 1.3K 69
By Kalthumm

Let's hear Alhaji Sunusi 😉

Kawu Sunusi's POV

There's nothing in life that I cannot do for my son..I am an embodiment of a great father who makes sure his children are always satisfied but then I can't fulfil the promise I made to Ahmad,I can't let him marry my brother's daughter.I told him he has my blessings only because I don't want to break his heart and I have no reason for saying No to his marriage to Safaa but I must stop it,one way or another.

My own son can't go for someone so cheap.He has to find someone of his class,someone he can flaunt around with and most importantly someone from a wealthy family just as him.

"Ranka ya dade (May you live long) is something troubling you,you look disturbed" My eldest wife asked when she brought my tea at night that very day I made the promise to Ahmad.

"Hmm" I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" She asked again.

"Turai I want you to do anything possible not to allow Ahmad's Nikkah to Safaa"

"Did he tell you anything?" She inquired,her eyes sparking fire.

"Yes,that he wants to marry her"

"Over my dead body,I will never allow it" She yelled furiously.

"Calm down will you,calm down" I said trying to make her stop shouting.
"Just don't start a commotion until after Abidah's wedding,we will know what to do by then" I added.

"Okay let's pray I can wait,I feel like throwing her out of this house,why don't you just send her away?"

"I can't do that" I mused after a lot of thinking.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Safaa's POV..

A lot of Abidah's wedding events such as the Kamu,mother's day and Couple's eve took place before the Nikkah and after it she was conveyed to her inlaw's house.I avoided Ya Ahmad throughout the events because I don't want his mother's troubles.The next day after the dinner,the Budan Kai took place and some of our relatives and also Mommy's took Abidah to her home,Ma'aruf's house.

After praying Magrib everyone left including Shatou because she has to go back to school.Shatou studies medicine and surgery at the state university.I had no one to drop me home and I'm guessing Abidah did that deliberately so that I might spend the night again with her or maybe she wants her brother to be the one that will take me back home,since he will accompany Ma'aruf to his home.

"Beedahh" I whined.

"Safaaa" She whined too.

"I want to go home,My Maa is leaving tomorrow"

"But you're home" She smiled trying to adjust her headtie.

"You're seriously not okay,I can't stay here,get someone to take me home or I will go home myself"

"Noo wait,Yaya Ahmad will be here in 5minutes" She pleaded.

"I didn't say I want to go with him"

"But you said 'someone' and that 'someone' can be anyone"

"Ughh I don't want to go with your brother"

"Heyy,will you shut up,I am doing it for you,talk to him,you guys are really silly,why will you ignore each other because of Fadwa?"

"Assalamu Alaikum" Ma'aruf said while coming inside the room and Abidah hurriedly covered her face with her veil.

"Ke it's not a movie,why are you covering yourself" I whispered frowning at her.

"Haven't you been to a friend's house the night she's married,you're to ask for a sum from the groom before you let him see her face dummy it's called kudin sayan baki" She whispered too.

"Hi Safaa why are you girls whispering?" Ma'aruf asked a little bit confused.

"Uhh Hi Ango it's nothing,you just can't see your bride until you pay me"

"Oh so you're the only friend of the bride" Yaya Ahmad chirped in.

"Yes isn't it obvious?"

"Well okay,Good news I'm the only friend of the groom too"

"It's not going to stop me from collecting the money,so Oya" I said stubbornly and both Ma'aruf and him didn't say a word.

"Abidah how much?" I whispered and she pinched me giving me no answer.

"Safaa you know what? How about I pay you with something more precious than money?" Yaya Ahmad suggested.

"Hmm,what's that?" I asked resting on my palm.

"My forgiveness"

"Your forgiveness,I didn't do anything" I said almost whining.

"Yes you did" He argued.

"Ermmm can you guys just finish talking and negotiating in the car,I'm tired of this veil" Abidah complained.

"You just want us to leave you alone with your husband,Abidah!! Mommy must hear this" I exclaimed hands akimbo.

"Safaa don't be a drama queen,let's go or I'll drag you" Yaya Ahmad said.

"Bye Safaa tell Mommy that I love her and tell your Maa I will come to Rigar Dala soon" Abidah said trying her best not to cry when they walked us to the car.

"I will Abidah,Take care" I waved letting my tears fall.

I don't hold them in,I let them fall whenever I feel like crying.

"Can you stop shedding those tears" Yaya Ahmad pleaded starting the car.

"I am sorry,I will just miss her terribly,I want to go back to Rigar Dala" I said already sobbing like a three year old looking for her mommy.

"Safaa can you stop please" He softly begged after some minutes.

"I'm a cry cry baby,I know" I snifled.

"I understand how you're missing home,but you won't even understand how I will miss you when you go back to Rigar Dala,I will always be on my way there...." He continued comforting me choosing the best of words.

"Okay fine,I will not cry again till tomorrow when I see Maa off"

"I don't want you to,it breaks my heart" He said parking the car.

I didn't even realise we're home until the car stopped.Time just moves so fast when am with Yaya Ahmad.

"Where's my money? You cheated" I said remembering they didn't give me the money that's for the sayan baki or whatever they call it.

"I gave you something more precious than that,I forgave you for ignoring me for three days,by the way where's your phone?"

"My phone?" I asked no one in particular trying to remember when last I saw my poor phone.

"Hmm your phone" He repeated.

"I don't know,maybe it's with Inna or Maa or maybe Aisha,I can't remember"

"You're clumsy,you know that right?

"Yes I know that" I smiled goofily.

"But I love you as clumsy as you are,you love me too right?" He smiled back making my face turn red.

"I...Uhm..ha...ve to go inside before Maa starts looking for m..e" I stuttered.

"Let's go inside" He chuckled and we walked side by side parting ways when I reached the guest quarters.

"Night Safaa and look for your phone"

"Goodnight Yaya Ahmad" I said going inside.

I found my Mama sitting at the living room face palming herself.I asked her if she's okay but she didn't say a word.

"Maa please are you okay?" I begged almost crying. 

"Safaa" She called my name and then I realised she's crying.

What made my Mama cry? I hardly see her cry.She's so strong that she doesn't allow people to see her tears even when she's suppose to cry and let everything out.

"Mama please what is wrong?" I asked again.

"Safaa,Your Uncle's wife just left here and you can't imagine what she told me,I have never been insulted my whole life,but then I don't want you to do anything about it,I will be gone tomorrow and I promise you I will do anything to convince your dad to let you go back home,you're going through a lot in this house" She explained and by then I was boiling with anger.

"Maa but why will she do that? She has no right to that to you"

"She did it because she wants me to tell my daughter to stay away from her son,Habibtee I am so sorry" Mama croaked giving me a hug.

"Maa I want to see Mommy,I won't say anything to Mama if she looks for my trouble,I will be right back" I said and left.

I walked to Mommy's side not actually looking at where I am going.My vision has been blurred by my tears.Upon reaching her patio I met some of Abidah's cousins and said Hi to them,I've already become close to some of them.I informed Mommy that I am back and after chatting with her for some minutes,I told her I will go back to my Mama.

The most unfortunate thing is that I must pass Hajiya Turai's side before going to the guest quarters.While I was going to Mommy's side I didn't even know when I passed because my mind was so occupied with thoughts and I was emotionally a wreck.But I am now a bit calm and am aware of my surrounding.

I intended to pass quitely but the mockery and insults I received from Mama and Fadwa who are standing by the front door made me almost change my mind about what I told my Mama.

I changed my path and followed the backyard inorder to avoid them but still Mama and her daughter managed to follow me.I acted as if I didn't see them.

I stopped at the veranda of the quarters gazing at the beautiful stars and for a moment I forgot all of my worries.I recalled one of my favorite Hadith"The creation of these stars is for three purposes, i.e. as decoration of the sky, as missiles to hit the devils, and as signs to guide travellers. So, if anybody tries to find a different interpretation, he is mistaken and just wastes his efforts..." Bukhari"

The sky is indeed embellished with the stars.They pronounce it's beauty.But my admiration of the star was short-lived when Fadwa used her finger to poke my eyes.

"Subhanallah" I said abruptly.

"Idiot,treat us like some kind of  statue next time,you're even acting quite and so decent,We all know what made your father disown you" Hajiya Turai said.

"Mama I hope you will forgive me" I inwardly wished before addressing Hajiya Turai.

"You know nothing,what do you really want from me? Why do you hate me so much?" I half yelled trying not to sound pissed.

"I want you to leave my son alone" She bellowed.

"Let's make a deal then,apologise to my mother and mean it and I will do anything to leave this house and your son" I said though it breaks my heart to even think of doing that to Yaya Ahmad..

"No way,I can't apologise to a woman like your mother,bata isa ba" She said raising her hand.

"Mama just do it,since she will leave Ya Ahmad after it" Fadwa advised.

"I will do it but let me warn you Safaa,if you don't stay away from my son after this I promise I'll make your life miserable"

"You've done that already,go in and apologise,I will wait here" I said bravely.

Hajiya Turai went inside with her tail (Fadwa) leaving me to drown in the pool of my thoughts.I thought of how I can convince Baba that I want to go,how Yaya Ahmad will be heartbroken when he knows of my decision.A decision I made because I'm tired of all the humiliation I receive from his mother.If Hajiya Turai didn't involve my mother,I would've endured everything.

"I apologised to your precious mother" Hajiya Turai said leaving.

"Have your son to yourself" I whispered before going inside.

I had my bath and made Wudhu,I prayed asking  my Rabb to guide me and show me the right path.Asking Him to make it possible for me to move on without Yaya Ahmad.My Mama is oblivious about what transpired between me and Hajiya Turai too.

"Safaa" My mother called my name uncertainly.

"Na'am" I answered closing the Qur'an.

"Do you really want to go home?"

"I don't get you Maa"

"Well suprisingly Hajiya Turai came and apologised,she told me that you asked her to tell your father you want to go back home"

"Uhmm....Ye..s..s I want to go home Maa"

"You're sure about it?"

"Yes am sure" I answered after some minutes.

"Then I will try and talk to your father tomorrow too" She said lying on the bed.

"Okay Mama,Goodnight" I said and cried noiselessly.

The next morning Mama began packing her clothes and told me to go to our room and pack mine too.I don't know what they told Baba,but she said He agreed.Yaya Ahmad has no idea I am leaving.

I packed all of my things and with a heavy heart I entered the car which will take us to Rigar Dala.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Helloooo...

How are you doing? Fine In shaa Allah?

How's the book so far?

Vote Comment and
Share

Thank you❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 658 16
A WORK OF FICTION. Tales Of The Heart could come in different forms. My story might be different from yours, her story may be similar to yours, our s...
419K 65.1K 79
Nabeela has never had life easy, never ever. She is at her wits end. Love and living life has never been her known forte. But, what will she do when...
846 103 20
Have you heard the juicyest stories that'll put you on the edge. The kind of story that'll make you laugh, cry, get you on cliff hangers even anticip...
115K 18.7K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...