I Don't Want to Say No (Marli...

By BellaLovesNutella

College AU After the affair, Eliza finds love in the most unlikely of people. The woman that slept with her f... More

Chapter One- Exposed
Chapter 2- Keep it in your pants Alex
Chapter 3-James Renoylds and Hospitals Suck
Chapter 4- Moving in, but not on
Chapter 5-The Sun will shine again
Chapter 6-Secrets & Surprises
Chapter 7- Moonlit Kisses
Chapter 8-Relationships
Chapter 9- Fights and Tears
Chapter 10- Save me, Love me, I'm so sorry
Chapter 11- Laser tag & 13 year olds
Chapter 13- Threats and Peglegs
Chapter 14- Musicals & Cats (But Not Cats the Musical)
Chapter 15- Promises We Can Keep
Chapter 16- Nightmares, Candybar Cats, and Kisses
Chapter 17- Fluffiness and Filler Chapters
Chapter 18- Wedding Dresses and Death Threats
Chapter 19- Broken Hearts, Broken Lives
Chapter 20- Broken Hearts, Broken Lives Part 2
Chapter 21- Emptiness and Kisses
Chapter 22- The Past Follows, The Present Stays
Chapter 23- Memories of Moonlit Tears
Chapter 24- It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 25 - Will You Always Stay?
Chapter 26 - Perfect Little Things

Chapter 12- Drunk Dinosaurs and Study Dates

1.9K 68 127
By BellaLovesNutella

SUP NERDS! I'm back. . . I'm actually updating. My schedule (acts like I have an updating schedule rn) will be different because I won't have my iPad over the summer. I also have finals coming up, but the good news is my volleyball team placed fourth overall, so thats good. The bad news is, I missed meeting Mark  Zuckerberg by TEN MINUTES! I also went to NY and that was fun. I got to see the Richard Rogers theater and that was awesome. 

Okay, enough if my rambling, time for the chapter. 

At the end of the night, Maria is incredibly drunk. We leave at around three in the morning, most of our friend group very drunk as well. I hold her slightly upright as we make our way back to the apartment. Peggy decides to crash with Theodoisa for the night. 

"Do you ever think about how the first president, Chris Jackson never got to live to know about dinosaurs, and like, ya get really sad," Maria mumbles drunkenly. 

"No, that thought has not crossed my mind," I tell her, guiding her into the elevator. 

"Mmm. . . Well, it should. Did I mention that you look really pretty tonight? Like absolutely stunning. I mean, how the hell did I get so lucky as to be your girlfriend?" 

My face turns bright red, and I thank her. We walk into my bedroom, and she says, "You know, my underwear look pretty hot today. The only place they would look better is on the floor of your room as you—" 

"Maria!" I cut her off with a squeal turning an even brighter red. "You are so drunk right now. I'll go get you some water." 

"No," she whines, "I want you stay here, and we can just talk." She smirks, and walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Mmmhmmm. Sure, Maria. We're totally just going to talk. I'm not that naive. You're also drunk sweetheart. It's not right when you're drunk. I'm going to go get some water for you." 

I walk out into the hallway and catch my breath slightly. Maria is certianly something when she's drunk. 

I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and some aspirin. I open the door to my room, where Maria is laying shirtless on my bed. 

"Hey doll!" she smiles. 

"Maria!" I squeal, turning around. 

"I want you to be saying my name under different circumstances," she says walking up to me. 

"Nope! Nope! Nope! I am a smol cinnamon roll, and you are drunk. . . Drink this water and put a shirt on. Then we can go to bed— and just sleep!" 

I step out of the room for a minute, trying to dull the flames that are dancing on my cheeks. 

"Drink the water!" I call out to her. 

"Fine," I can here the pout in her voice. 

A few minutes later Maria opens the door with a shirt on and empty water bottle in hand. 

"Let's go sleep," I say, kissing her forehead. 

She gives me a hug, and says, "I love you so much." 

* * *

Maria's POV 

I wake up with a pounding headache, and I attempt to bury my face into whatever warm stuffed animal is in the bed with me. 

I let out a contented sigh and pull the thing closer to me when I get the sudden realization that I have not slept with a stuffed animal since I was thirteen. 

So. . . Who, or what, exactly is this thing I am currently cuddling? I open my eyes to find the sleeping face of a fricken angel with me. . . Eliza. 

I remember the party last night, but I don't remember leaving. Whatever. I decide I'm comfortable here, so I just decide to stay cuddled up with Eliza. 

I trace little patterns into Eliza's back, daydreaming. A few minutes later, she opens her eyes with a smile. 

"Hey 'Ria," she says, her voice coated with sleep. 

"Hey beautiful," I say curling closer to her. 

"You are the absolutely cutest, most hilarious, horniest drunk I have ever met," she says with a smile.  

"What did I do?" I ask with a small laugh. 

"You told me how hot your underwear was, then told me it would look better on the ground, then you took your shirt off and started flirting with me." 

"Ohh God, that's the last time I'm getting drunk," I say, blushing. 

"Ehh, it was cute. So I'll let it be. Now, let's talk about summer. Three weeks left of school, then it summer. And you've never been on a plane. So, I want to take you somewhere." 

I sit up with her, and shake my head. "That's way too much Eliza." 

"Nonsense. My dad is so rich, not to brag, but trust me, we can afford to take you on vacation. And I love you, so I want to take you on a vacation." 

She gives me a delicate kiss.

"Chose anywhere. Anywhere in the whole wide world. I want to take you somewhere. Please," she begs, kissing my neck slowly. 

"Uhh," I say, and she pulls away. "I don't know. I feel bad about wasting your money." 

"Look," she says sternly. "I don't want to be rude or brag, but I'm going to tell you, money is not a problem. Not in the slightest. Please," she pouts. "I want to do something nice for you." 

"But you've already done so much for me. Liza, I can't accept it," my face is turning red with 

"Fine," she says kiss me. "Do you have anything today?"

"No, but I need to study," I say glumly. "Finals are coming up and you should be studying too." 

"Yeah, but you're much more fascinating than those overpriced text books," she says sweetly. 

"Well, thank you. But we need to study. Let me show you a staple for studying in the Reynolds-Lewis household!" I say, jumping out of bed. 

"Reynolds-Lewis?" she questions. 

"Dad's name was Reynolds, mom's was Lewis. That's actually why James and me met. He said it was fate, us having the same last names," I say pulling the covers off her legs. "Now, up!" 

She sighs, but rolls out of bed anyway. 

"Off to studying we go!" I chirp. 

"Okay, so first we need a place to study, so let's move a mass of blankets over by the windows and move a coffe table there too," I tell her. "If you can do that, I can get the rest of the stuff ready." 

"Okay. How many blankets do we need?" 

"A lot. The fuzzier the better. Now, onto food, and more importantly, coffee." 

I go to the kitchen and grab all the junk food I can find. There's a fair amount of it, so when I am waddling back to the living room, my arms are full and ready to fall off. 

"Oh! Here, let me help!" Eliza says, running over and grabbing some stuff from my arms. "Why do we need all this junk food?" 

"To keep us awake and motivated for studying," I reply giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Now, next we need books and music, then we can cocoon ourselves in blankets and attempt to study for our classes. Although, I'm probably going to be distracted by how cute you look," I flirt, sittting down in the blankets. 

"T-Thanks," she says, slightly embarrassed. 

We cocoon ourselves in blankets and eat massive amounts of junk food while we study for our subjects. 

"I love you so much," I say, linking my hand with her's, barely looking up from my notes. 

"Same." 

"Okay, wow, I do this really poetic declaration of love to you, and all you can say back is 'same'?" 

"Okay, okay," she says with a giggle, giving me a kiss. "My dearest, Maria, tu es une très belle fille. You are so magnificent, and the love and light of my life. Words can not explain how much I love you, and how much I find you absolutely perfect. So, is that a good enough declaration of love?" 

"Ehh. . . I guess." I give her a kiss, and hug her. 

"I love you," I say sweetly. 

"Let's go out on a date," she says. 

"Okay. Where do you want to go?" 

"I don't know. Some where gay." 

"I love you so much god damnit," I blurt out. 

"I love you more." 

"No, I love you more." 

"Lets go on a date then," she says. 

"You do realize that we've just repeated our whole conversation." 

"Whatever. Let's go out and get some coffee and ice cream," she says, standing up and pulling me up along with her. 

"We are in pajamas," I say bluntly. 

"Then let us go change." 

I head to my room and get changed into a pair of black shorts and bisexual pride flag shirt that says bi, shy, and ready to cry

I walk out to the hallway, grabbing my purse, and find Liza wearing a shirt that says Let's get something straight: I'm not

"We did not coordinate this whatsoever, right?" I ask. 

"I don't think so."

"I guess gay minds think alike."

"Goddammit. Let's go ya nerd," she says grabbing my hand and giving me a kiss. 

We walk out to the street the sky looking beautiful. But Eliza was looking beautiful-er. "Ice cream and coffee?" I ask. 

"But of course!" She says twirling around into my arms. 

We make our way to Central Park and find a beautiful ice cream place. I grab mint chocolate chip and some coffee and Eliza gets some bubblegum flavored ice cream with a cup of tea. 

We walk around the park, cherry blossoms flittering everywhere. 

"You look so damn beautiful," I say with a smile. 

"Thank you. As do you my darling," she says kissing me. 

We make our way down to a lake in the middle of the park. Eliza has a big swipe of ice cream in her nose and I laugh at her adorable-ness. 

"You've got something right. . . There," I say poking her nose. 

She wipes the ice cream off her nose, and sits down the by the water. She takes off her shoes and steps into the water. 

"Come join me," she laughs. 

"Is it cold?" 

"Slightly. Please 'Ria?" 

I smile and take off my sandals. I follow Eliza into the water and wrap my arm around her. 

"This is so amazing," I say. 

"You're so amazing." 

I smile and look down, blushing. 

"Now, I want to talk to you about summer vacation. Please, please, please, let me take you somewhere. Anywhere in the whole wide world." 

"I can't take your money." 

"Okay," she sighs. "Think about you wanting to open a café. I will pay for your vacation so you can experience great food, with me, and you can give me a small percentage of the café. Okay?"

"Okay," I give in. 

"So where in the whole wide world would you want to go?" She asks me. 

"Um," I pause, "well, there is somewhere I've always wanted to go," I admit. 

"Where!? Where!?" she exclaims wrapping her arms around my neck. 

I bite my lip, and admit, "Rome." 

"It's done. We're going. I'm totally taking you to Rome. And we will study the food, the history, the beauty and the art," she says, then kisses me.

I kiss her back and wrap my arms around her waist. 

"Thank you," I whisper. 

CHAPTER TWELVE DONE FINALLY!!!!!!! THIS TOOK ME AGES TO COMPLETE!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 60 20
John Laurence loves Alexander. The Problem? Alex is with Eliza and John's family isn't exactly ok with the LGBTQ+ community. Peggy is John's best fri...
40.4K 610 16
WARNING, LANGUAGE, SMUT, ANGST(Probably) Alexander Hamilton wants nothing to do with love, especially after all the heartbreak he's been through. Aft...
959 19 32
"I can't be in love with her, she's a Hamilton! But look into her eyes and the skies the limit!" ~Arabella Hamilton is Alexander Hamilton's twin sist...
134K 3K 17
If you thought Peggy was the forgotten sister, you're terribly wrong. • • • Aaron chuckled a bit as he saw (Y/N) running around with the energy ever...