Keys To My Heart {G. WEASLEY}

By TheShadowOrchird

Lucinda Sparks, a pure-blooded witch that had fell in love with George Weasley. Not to mention she was a weir... More

disclaimer + prologue
(Chapter 1) Muggle school
(Chapter 2) The Letter
(Chapter 3) Diagon Ally
(Chapter 4) The Wand
(Chapter 5) New Friend
(Chapter 6) Hogwarts Express
(Chapter 7) The Sorting
(Chapter 8) Midnight
(Chapter 9) Classes
(Chapter 11) Halloween
(Chapter 12) Quidditch
(Chapter 13) Christmas
(Chapter 14) The Mirror
(Chapter 15) Norbert the Dragon
(Chapter 16) Unicorn Blood
(Chapter 17) End of First Year
(Chapter 18) Hatch A Plan
(Chapter 19) Flourish And Blotts
(Chapter 20) Car Crashed
(Chapter 21) Mandrake Repotting
(Chapter 22) Lockhart's Vain
(Chapter 23) Blood Message
(Chapter 24) Tampered Bludger
(Chapter 25) Dueling Club
(Chapter 26) Hazel's Mother
(Chapter 27) Christmas Letters
(Chapter 28) Look Alike Diaries
(Chapter 29) Valentines Day
(Chapter 30) Petrified Friends
(Chapter 31) Comforting Friends
(Chapter 32) End of Second Year
(Chapter 33) Pet Rabbit
(Chapter 34) Dementors on the Train
(Chapter 35) Divination Madness
(Chapter 36) Boggart Lesson
(Chapter 37) Halloween Hogsmeade
(Chapter 38) My Fault
(Chapter 39) Let's Prank
(Chapter 40) Hazel's Problems
(Chapter 41) Extra Studying
(Chapter 42) A Different Rejection
(Chapter 43) Ordinary Summer
(Chapter 44) Triwizard Announcement
(Chapter 45) Entering Names
(Chapter 46) Four Champions
Lets finish this, one last time.
(Chapter 47) Familiarity
(Chapter 48) Place Your Bets
(Chapter 49) Assignments And Hogsmeade
(Chapter 50) Preparations
(Chapter 51) Yule Ball pt.1
(Chapter 52) Yule Ball pt.2
(Chapter 53) Yule Ball pt.3
poem + epilogue
afterword

(Chapter 10) Flying Lessons

4.1K 74 34
By TheShadowOrchird

Hazel and I both woke up at the same time, and immediately yawned and started to stretch, from the corner of my eye I saw Pansy and Millicent entering the dorm room holding two trays of breakfast for me and Hazel, "Finally you guys woke up, you have no how worried me and Millicent were last night. Now have some breakfast you two," Pansy said softly. Me and Hazel sat up and starting yawning again, "We wont ask about what you were doing last night, but please next time give us a heads up when your going wondering around the castle." Millicent asked looking slightly concerned.

"Thanks for worrying about us, but you really don't have too," Hazel yawned and bit into a piece of toast that she was buttering, "Thank you for the food, Pans, Milly." I thanked and ate some scrambled eggs. They looked at each other and nodded, "Okay, enjoy the weekend, and stay safe. Me and Milly will be gone for the day, remember do not cause trouble unless if it's for pranking." Pansy smiled. Hazel and I nodded and continued to eat our food while Pansy and Millicent left the dorms, "On the outside their really prissy brats, but on the inside their some of the nicest people you can ever met," Hazel sighed. "True, and they are also very caring, it's nice to have people like Pansy and Millicent." I added, Hazel nodded in agreement and started sipping a cup of pumpkin juice.

An hour later me and Hazel walked out of the dorm room dressed in normal clothes since today was Saturday. I was wearing another dress with my black flats, and of course my necklace.

We walked into the common room and saw a notice posted on the board, "Great, next Thursday is flying lesson with Gryffindor, I'm going to embarrass myself," Hazel groaned, I patted her on the back. "Don't worry, I'm sure were not the only people that haven't rode on a broom yet." I said Hazel, hoping to make her feel better.

We sat on the couch and started reading our text books on Herbology, there was a while of peaceful silence, but then Malfoy busted in the common room, boasting about flying lessons and how we was a natural on a broom. "When I was a young lad, I already memorized all the rules for Quidditch. Not to mention that I also memorized all 700 different fouls" Malfoy boasted, making a small crowd gather around him. Girls gushed and sigh over him, while the guys looked envious and impressed, but me and Hazel rolled out eyes and kept on reading. "I have many Nimbus 2000's but this old school doesn't allow first years to bring a broom, I would've let you guys have a try" Malfoy swayed to the girls, who all drooled over him.

After a while he notice that only me and Hazel wasn't impressed or envious about what he said, he walked over to us with his two body guards and began to brag again. "Hey, I have over 17 Nimbus 2000's at home, and I would have made the Quidditch team if they didn't have the first years rule," Malfoy leaned towards Hazel and I, I rolled my eyes and slammed my text book shut, "Look Malfoy, I could care less about the things you say and boast about." I huffed. "Why don't you go show off somewhere else, show off your skills on the pitch and not in the common room, if your really that good, but I bet that you don't even have the guts to trespass onto the Quidditch pitch." Hazel sneered and closed her book, Malfoy scrunched up his face and walked away with his two body guards who were trying not to laugh. 

I high-fived Hazel and we reopened our books, we then started doing our potions essay and started studying for out history of magic's quiz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday soon approached, at three-thirty that afternoon the Slytherin's and Gryffindor's made their way to a flat lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the forbidden forest, the trees swayed lightly in the distance. It was a nice and breezy day of flying lessons, it was also a perfect day to enter the forest.

There was brooms lying in two neat lines, we each stood by a broom and waited for Madam Hooch to arrive. After about a couple minutes a woman with short gray hair, and yellow hawk like eyes arrived. I nudged Hazel and pointed to the woman, she looked forward and stood like a solider. "Well, what are you waiting for?" she barked, "Stick out your right hand over your broom, and say up." called Madam Hooch from the front.

"UP!" Everyone shouted, I saw Harry's and Malfoys broom jump to their hands at once, but theirs were one of the few that did. Hermione's broom simply rolled over while Ron's broom smacked him in the face.

Mine simply didn't move at all, "Up," I called at the broom, but it didn't even budge. Hazel managed to get it on the second try, I tried again and again but no luck, soon I got annoyed at the broom. "UP!" I yelled casuing some students to jump, the broom jumped to my hand and started lightly shaking. I smiled in triumph and waited for out next instructions.

Madam Hooch showed us how to mount our brooms without sliding off, when Madam Hooch told Malfoy that he'd been doing it wrong for years, the Gryffindor's and a couple of Slytherins laughed at his reaction. "Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off hard from the ground," instructed Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and come strait back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle- three- two-" but before she could finish, a boy already flew up. "Come back, boy!" she shouted, but he was rising higher and higher. After flying and bumping into the castle he suddenly fell, I couldn't see it clearly since I was in the back and kids were blocking my view from the scene. "WHAM" a thud or more like a nasty crack, he landed on a heap of grass face down.

Madam was beaming over Neville, her face was as pale as his. Students began to gather around them some were snickering while other looked worried, Hazel and I was standing in the back trying to take a glance at the scene. "A broken wrist." Madam Hooch muttered, "Come on, boy it's all right, up you get." She turned to the rest of t he class. "None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can 'Quidditch', come on, dear." She told us and left with Neville. "I'm going to follow them, see you at the common room Hazel," I whispered to her, she nodded and turned towards the Slytherins who were laughing at what happened.

I dropped my broom and followed them to the hospital wing, "Lucinda, what are you doing here?" Madam Hooch questioned me still holding the now crying boy, I smiled sweetly. "I just wanted to help, after all we only have about 20 more minutes left of class. I also have some connections with Madam Pomfrey, she's really busy at the moment and I'm her helper." I answered and we continued walking to the hospital wing.

I opened the door and walked to one of the unoccupied beds, "You can place him here, return to class after you're done," I instructed. Soon after she left I called for Madam Pomfrey, "Poppy!" I called, she quickly came rushing to the bed the boy was at. "Is there something wrong dear?" she asked worriedly, I lightly took Neville's broken wrist, "Yes, he broke his wrist today during flying lessons." I quickly said. she took look at it and went to fetch bandages and a bottle medicine, she quickly came back and handed me the supplies. I gave her a confused look, "Why are you giving this to me?" I asked, "I've seen your medical skills Lucinda, you can handle it, and I also need to tend multiple patients that got hurt earlier on today," she said quickly and walked to the other occupied beds, I sat down in a chair and heard multiple kids were groaning in pain while some were crying.

I wrapped Neville's wrist with bandages and fed him the medicine Poppy gave me, "T-thanks for h-helping me." he stammered, I smiled softly at him. "Don't worry about it, your free to go in about in hour." I said and stood up from my chair, "Why are you being so nice, I thought Slytherin's were mean and evil," said Neville softly and shrunk into the pillow, afraid if I would hurt him for saying that. I place my hand lightly on his wrist, "Not all Slytherin's are mean and evil, they sometimes just wonder off on the wrong path because of prejudices and blood status." I spoke softly and smiled down at him, "Well umm, I'm Neville Longbottom by the way," he smiled and held out his good hand. "I'm Lucinda Sparks." I replied and shook his hand.

In a few minutes I was helping Poppy with some patients, I was giving them medicine and wrapping them up in bandages. "Poppy, do you mind telling me how these kids got hurt?" I inquired while bandaging someone's arm, she nodded, "Well, the Weasley twin started their pranking fest earlier than planned this year. So we weren't prepared for such a big number of students getting sent to the hospital wing so soon." she answered and poured the dark blue potion into a cup, "Is there anyway I can help?" I asked while cutting off the extra bandages. She nodded and handed me a list of herbs and fungi, "I ran out of these ingredients yesterday, but I couldent find time to go into the forbidden forest a collect them. So I have a risky task for you, will you please collect them for me," She asked looking unsure, I immediately nodded. "Of course Poppy, I have these prepared for you by tomorrow." I smiled, she looked a bit worried but who could blame her, she's trusting an eleven year old to collect herbs and fungi from the forbidden forest.

After hours of helping in the hospital wind, Madam Pomfrey dismissed me to go the Great Hall for dinner, I didn't want to protest because I was getting really hungry.

I entered the Great Hall and sat in my original seat, today Pansy and Millicent sat near Malfoy and his goons, Hazel and I were the only ones who didn't care about his so called perfect life and riches. We hated Malfoy to be honest, "Well, aren't you goin' to tell me your adventures at the hospital wing?" Hazel asked and took a sip of pumpkin juice, I nodded and quickly ate chunk of beef. I explained to Hazel the things that happened at the hospital wing, but I didn't tell her about the list of ingredients I needed to get for Madam Pomfrey, simply because it wasn't her business. 

"The twins are coming over, better watch out," Hazel whispered to me, we immediately stopped talking and acted like we didn't know each other. The twins approached the Slytherin table, a few students shot them disgusted looks. "Hello, Sparks." George whispered in my ear making me shiver, "What is it, Weasley," I responded and pushed him away, "Easy there, we just want to let you in on a prank." Fred beamed. I stood up and walked over to the twins, I jabbed my finger at George's chest, "No, I've seen some of the pranks you've done, they are hurtful. Do you know how many first years were at the hospital wing?" I huffed. George and Fred started sniggering, "Okay, fine then, party pooper," They said in unison sarcastically, and walked back to the Gryffindor table. 

I sighed and sat back down, Pansy and Millicent were giving me light smiles from afar, Hazel was patting me on the back whispering funny things in my ear that made me giggle to cheer me up. 

I took a small sip of my pumpkin juice and licked my lips, "Strange, it taste really thick." I murmured, Hazel gave me a confused look then her eyes widened in shock, she gasped and pointed to my hair. "Luci... your hair, is ginger..." she whispered, I grabbed a few strands of hair, and indeed they were a orange reddish shade. I cringed and shot my eyes at the twins, they were now laughing and pointing at me, a few students noticed and started laughing while some were to busy talking to notice my new hair. I got out of my seat and ran to the Gryffindor table, Fred and George got out of their seats and started to high-fived each other while grinning. Now the whole hall was laughing except for some Slytherin's who looked furious for what they did to me.

I grabbed them by the collar and glared at both of them, "I know you did this, turn my hair back." I growled, they grinned and had a smug look on their face, "We won this round," Fred smirked, "I think you should keep the hair, it suits you." George smiled and ran his fingers through my hair, I shoved them to the ground and ran out of the Great Hall, Hazel was following shortly after me. "Luci, wait!" Hazel huffed, she stopped in front of me panting and gasped for air. "Hazel please return to the Great Hall, I'm just going to the hospital wing to get my hair fixed, ill meet you in the common room," I sighed and continued walking, "Okay, by the way, Harry made the Quidditch team. While you were gone, Malfoy had Neville's remembrall, Harry chased him for it and then McGonagall made Harry seeker for catching it." Hazel explained, "Really? that's great then, thanks for the information Hazel," I quickly said and walked off to the hospital wing.      

I returned to the common room, it was about seven forty-five at night, I muttered the password and entered the common room. On the couch was Hazel, Pansy, and Millicent waiting for me with a plate of cookies. "Finally you returned," Pansy sighed while Hazel and Millicent nodded smiling at me, "Quickly, come sit and have some cookies with us." Millicent offered, Hazel patted on the seat next to her. I smiled warmly at them and sat down. "A house elf named Lennie came down and brought cookies with her, she told us to share them with you," Hazel commented and picked up a piece of cookie.

"Weasley sure have some guts to dye your hair ginger." Pansy huffed and munched on a cookie, looking a little angry, "But, the color does suit you," Millicent commented, Hazel and Pansy both nodded in agreement. I stuffed a cookies in my mouth and pouted, they all laughed and patted me on the head.

About an hour later we all went to the dorms and said a simple goodnight. "Sleep tight," whispered Pansy, "Night night." muttered Millicent, "Sweet dreams!" shouted Hazel, "Goodnight." I said in a silky voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning at breakfast, the Gryffindor table had a rather long package waiting for Harry. Hazel currently chatting with Millicent so I made my way to the Gryffindor table, some Gryffindor's shot me nasty looks while the Weasley twins snickered when they saw me. My eyes immediately landed on the package, 'Merlin, is that a broom stick?',  I wondered and stared at it. "Hello," someone whispered in my ear making me jump. "Gah!" I gasped and turned around, the Weasley twins stood there grinning, "I see you fixed your hair," Fred said. "I still think you looked better as a ginger." George commented, I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "No one asked for your opinion Weasley" I sneered glaring at them, they shrugged and made an innocent look appear on their face. I sighed and my lips curled into a small smile, "That was a good prank though, I really cant blame you for getting back at me." I sighed, but before they could reply I walked back to the Slytherin table.

I sat down and ate my breakfast, "I cant believe that saint Potter is still here, thought he was expelled," I heard Malfoy say angrily, but I ignored it and kept on eating. After a while, Malfoy marched over to the Gryffindor's table to possibly make fun of Harry. Then I heard them challenging Harry to a duel, I heard them since the tables were right next to each other and since Malfoy's bratty voice can be heard from a mile away.  

Once they came back, I stopped them by tapping Malfoy on the shoulder, "Got a question, Sparks?" Draco asked, I nodded. "Your not really going to be dueling Harry are you? your just doing this so your one step closer to getting him expelled, your obviously trying to get him in trouble." I whispered so only he can hear, he smirk and nodded. "Correct you are, I don't believe that he can get away this time," Draco said smugly, "Okay then, but I wouldn't be so sure if you think you can expel him just like that." I whispered once again causing Draco to looked confused. "What do you mean?" Draco pressed, I glanced at Harry then back at Malfoy, "You really think getting him caught is going to expel him? please, you know Dumbledore will try to get Harry out of trouble, he even got him on the Quidditch team even with the that first year rule. I don't think he's going to get expelled by just sneaking out at night, " I shrugged. He scrunched up his face and strutted away with a, "Hmph!".

I returned back to Hazel, she must've overheard the conversation because she greeted me with a high-five and a smile.

After a few minutes I see my owl ginger sore through the Great Hall, he was carrying a letter that was possibly from my parents, I was confused. 'When did he get out of his cage and made a trip back to Privet Drive?', I thought in my head as Ginger flew down and dropped the letter, and went off after snatching a piece of toast from the table.

I slowly opened the letter while Hazel occupied with Pansy.

Dear Lucinda,

No, we aren't mad that you got into Slytherin if you wanted to know, we will be proud of you no matter what house your in. We wanted to ask you about how your doing lately, you haven't sent us a single letter ever since terms started. Please write back if you received this letter, Ginger was kind enough to take a trip back home and send this letter. Yes you must be asking 'How did you find out which house I'm in?' well we do work at the Ministry and we have contacts with Dumbledore, so we found out eventually.

Right now, at Hogwarts you must keep an eye out for any suspicion, have you seen the Daily Prophet? there has been a break in at Gringotts. We fear that it might have been related to Hogwarts, since we bumped into Hagrid at the bank and he told us that he's on Hogwarts duty or you can call it Dumbledore's orders. We didn't ask much but just a 'Hello' and 'How are you doing?', but then after reading the news we found out it happened on that specific day. We know that you might investigate in this and we cant stop you, so we just ask you to stay safe with Hazel. We also sent you a copy of the article, if you want to take a look at it then go ahead.

Now, stay safe and please write back.

Love,

Mum & Dad       

After reading the letter I felt bad for not writing to them, I immediately pulled out ink and a quill from my bag. I wrote them letter as quickly as possible.

Dear Mum and Dad 

Sorry for not writing to you! and I've been doing amazing don't worry, my favorite classes are Herbology and Transfiguration. Also Poppy have been working hard in the hospital wing lately because of the Weasley twins, I've improved on my medical skills lately so I hope your proud of that.

Thanks for telling me about the Gringotts break in, I think I already have a fair idea of what it was, but I'm not sure of it at all. Anyway Hazel and I are doing quite fine actually, and all of my classes I have gotten an O, same with Hazel.

Love, Hugs, and Kisses, Goodbye!

-Lucinda

I folded up the letter and stuffed it in my bag, 'I'll head to Owlery after classes'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After classes I made my way to the Owlery, while Hazel was helping Hagrid with Fluffy again. I had a thought that maybe Fluffy was guarding the thing Hagrid said was Hogwarts duty or Dumbledore's orders, but I wasn't sure of it, and it really wasn't my business either.

I entered the Owlery and was greeted by thousands of owls hooting, I searched for Ginger and finally found him next to a snowy owl, that I believe is Harry's owl named Hedwig.

I tied the letter to one of it's legs, "Send it to Mum and Dad," I whispered and he flew off into the blue sky. I exited the Owlery however I bumped into Hermione, "Oh, hello Lucinda." Hermione greeted smiling slightly, "What brings you here, Hermione?" I asked sweetly. She held up a letter, "Going to send this to Mum and Dad, and your doing the same I suppose." She answered, I nodded. "Already did, just heading back," I said and pointed to the castle. I could tell that she didn't care if I was a Slytherin, same with Hazel, were the only Slytherin's that didn't speak trash about her or be mean. We were the only Slytherin's that was friends with Hermione, Pansy and Millicent didn't mind at all, they honestly didn't care but at least they didn't all us blood traitors or stopped being friends with us.

"Take care, Lucinda." Hermione waved, I waved back and returned it with a soft smile. "Bye, Hermione, see you in charms tomorrow!" I waved and walked back to the castle.

However I didn't go back to the castle, instead I went to Hagrid's hut to get a basket for the herbs and fungi. I knocked on the door hoping that he's home, the door opened to reveal a apron wearing Hagrid covered in dust. "Well 'ello ther' Lucinda, yeh' need anythin'?" Hagrid asked with a warm smiled, I nodded, "Can I borrow a basket if you have one, please." I asked him politely . "Oh, of cours' yeh can, jus' lemme go get it," he replied and went to grab the basket, seconds later he returned with the basket. "Thanks, Hagrid." I thanked and bowed, he smiled and scratched the back of his head, "Yer' 'elcome, now stay safe an' don't cause any trouble," said Hagrid. I nodded and waved good bye, which he waved back and closed the door lightly.

I walked into the forbidden forest and pulled out the list of things I needed to get, "Okay, so there's starflower, tarragon, asphodel root, aconite, nettles......" I murmured to myself and plucked a small lily from the ground, I tucked it in my hair and continued searching for the plants.

After hours of searching and finding I finally got everything on the list, 'Now I have to get these to Poppy', I said in my mind. I found my way out of the forest and made my way to the castle and to the hospital wing, however in the middle of the way I was stopped by Snape. "Miss Sparks, aren't you suppose to be at the feast," He said in his mono-tone, I looked up at him and he eyed me suspiciously, "Can you explain why you're covered in dirt and sweat? and carrying a basket full of fresh herbs?" he said and stared at my basket full of fresh herbs. "I was simply bringing these to Madam Pomfrey, and I was at the greenhouses replanting the dittany's." I lied in a sweet voice and smiled, I was trying to act innocent and it was working, "Very well then, you may continue." he said and left, but continued to eye me suspiciously. After he was out of sight I dropped my fake sweet looking smiled and replaced it with a blank expression.

I was to exhausted to enter the hospital wing, so I placed the basket in front of the door and went strait to the Great Hall without cleaning up the dirt on my face and hands, I was to tired to care because all I wanted right now was food.

I sat down at my normal seat and began piling potato's, carrots, beef, and beard rolls onto my plate. I stuffed food in my mouth and drank goblets and goblets of pumpkin juice, Hazel was helping me by cutting up my food into smaller pieces and refilling my goblet with more pumpkin juice. "Wow, your really hungry by the looks of it," Hazel said and refilled my goblet once again, "Yeah, I had to try to find over 30 different types herbs and fungi!" I exclaimed and stuffed a piece of steak into my mouth, Hazel rolled her eyes and began to cut my potato's into smaller pieces.

After dinner we returned to the common room and strait to the dorms, "Merlin, I'm stuffed." I gasped and crawled onto my poster bed, Hazel just sniggered in response. I laid on the bed for about a couple minutes until decided to get up and change into my nightgown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
99.1K 2.9K 69
A teenage girl who gets straight A's, gets along with people well, and always seems pretty happy thinks she has a normal life. That is until she find...
56.6K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
5.7M 152K 87
YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well, sort of. she was a fierce friend with a...