Mariposa

By Ugly-Duckling123

[Mariposa Spanish for Butterfly] Today was the day. The day when Marinette would tell Adrien how she felt abo... More

Chapter 1: The Birth of Mariposa
Chapter 2: Visiting Master Fu
Chapter 3 The Return of Darkblade
Chapter 5: The Dawn Of Music (p1)
Chapter 6: The Dawn of Music p2
Chapter 7: Ladybug Is No More
Chapter 8: The Search For Adrien Agreste
Chapter 9: The Great Escape
Chapter 10: Yin and Yang
Chapter 11: Bubbler
Chapter 12: Black Widow
Chapter 13: The Deal
Chapter 14: Alliances and Plans
Chapter 15: That Morning Aroma
Chapter 16: Questions and No Answers
Chapter 17: Unfreezing Chat Noir
Chapter 18: Bye Bye Butterfly, Hello Bug
Chapter 19: The Elements
Chapter 20: The Final Battle
Chapter 21: The End (last one)

Chapter 4: Evillustrator Gets Drawn In

7.2K 195 67
By Ugly-Duckling123

It was fully night time when Adrien stopped in the park and detransformed from being Chat Noir.

Catching the exhausted Plagg he went to sit on one of the benches.

"Why'd you run away like that kid?" Plagg asked his mouth stuffed with camembert "You were so close to the doors you could have gone in, stood up to Mariposa, and we could have rescued Tikki."

"For one, there was getting too many knights," Adrien said sighing trying to come up with a second reason.

Just then Lady Wifi's latest report came up all over Paris.

'Is Chat Noir really able to take care of this city all by himself?' was the beginning question 'Well from what was seen today, it proves to say the answer is 'No'.' she said playing the clips from when he was fighting Darkblade and his knights, before he ran away.

'Do we really want to put our trust into somebody who runs away just because the fight was getting a little difficult? More news to come, stay tuned...'

With that the screens went down and Adrien groaned and placed his head in his hands.

Hearing something come up behind them, Plagg zipped into his human's jacket.

Feeling this, Adrien looked around and saw Nathaniel, a very good artiest in the blonde's class.

Shrugging, Adrien got up and went over to say hello to him.

"Hey," he said making the artist look up and see him.

"Oh hi Adrien," Nathaniel said returning to his drawings of Mariposa.

Looking over the red-head's shoulder Adrien grinned.

"You know, when she's like that she doesn't seem as dangerous," he said.

"Thanks," Nathaniel said smiling putting the finishing touches to Mariposa's wings "So what are you doing out here? I'm only out because I like drawing here rather than at home."

"Oh I was just out on a late night walk and lost track of time," Adrien said shrugging.

"There..." Nathaniel said holding up the picture looking at it, not knowing he was holding it up before a Lady Wifi Camera. "I'll color it in tomorrow, getting too late and too dark and my parents say working only by lamps isn't good for your eyes," he said packing up.

"So see you in school tomorrow Nath," Adrien said a small sad smile on his lips waving off his friend.

Once Nathaniel was gone, Adrien checked his phone for the time and began to head home, all the way wondering how he can bring Marinette back.

Over to Mariposa at the Louvre, where she was walking around the halls and gallery's, a bored look on her face.

Sighing she stepped outside and took a look at the Museum itself and sighed again.

"Something the matter Princess?" Darkblade asked concerned bowing slightly.

"You see me as a Princess correct Darkblade?" Mariposa asked in a thoughtful voice.

"I do, Princess," he replied.

"And Princess' live in palaces right?" she asked him, again getting words of agreement from him. "Then why am I living in a glass pyramid?"

"I am sure we can sort it out, Your Highness," Darkblade said trying to come up with an idea.

"Mariposa," Lady Wifi called getting their attention and zipping over to them on one of her 'Fast-Forward' discs "I think I found the perfect person to fix this place up," she said opening a screen and showing the Princess of Akuma's Nathaniel holding up his sketchpad with her drawing on it along with some smaller butterflies around her.

"The Evillustrator was a very good artist wasn't he?" Mariposa asked in a thinking voice.

As the sun rose the next morning and everyone was getting ready for their day, Mariposa got on top of the glass pyramid and sent off another purple butterfly with the instructions on finding Evillustrator.

At the school, everyone was making their way to homeroom, some talking about the fact that Mariposa was still around and the Chat Noir clip that Lady Wifi had shown all of Paris last night.

Plugging his ears to all of this, Adrien just went straight to homeroom.

"Adrikins!" Chloe's shrill voice called across the class room as she came over to sit behind him seeing that both Marinette and Alya were gone "Mind if I sit here from now on since those two lowlifes are gone?"

"Actually I would mind Chloe," Adrien said growling a little scowling at her. "And they're not 'Low Life's' they're two of my best friends. So get out of their seats."

"Why Adri-honey, what's come over you?" Chloe asked surprised that he was acting like this "They're not here anymore, you don't have to pretend to like them anymore..."

Not in the mood to deal with this right now, Adrien went to go sit in Chloe and Sabrina's old seat instead, soon to be joined by Nino.

"Dude why are you so bumped out today?" he asked getting out his homework to hand in later.

"I don't want to talk about it..." Adrien mumbled leaning on his arms face planted into the desk, trying not to breath in the smell of Chloe's hairspray and perfume that the desk had soaked up like a sponge.

"Any idea who Mariposa will recruit this morning?" Nino asked looking around the room checking everyone was here.

"Nope," Adrien said looking up doing the same thing.

Outside the classroom, Nathaniel was just about to turn into the door, when he dropped his stylist.

Turning around he bent down to pick it up, just as a purple butterfly landed on and sank into it, and a bright red mask came over his face.

'Evillustrator...' Mariposa's voice rang out in his head 'I need your help with some redecorating at my new home...'

"As you wish... Princess..." Nathaniel said standing up gaining his Evillustrator outfit.

"Hey you, why aren't you in class yet?" Mr Damocles called out making the artist turn around.

"Because I have been summoned to go see the Princess of Akuma's," Evillustrator said using his wrist tablet and drawing himself a jet-pack.

Then he erased a hole into the roof and shot off.

"Adrien?" Miss Bustier called out as she did the register.

"Here..." Adrien said trying to sound happy.

"Chloe?"

"Here," Chloe said he nose in the air.

"Ivan?"

"Here Miss," Ivan called out holding up his hand.

"Nathaniel... Nathaniel?" Miss Bustier called out the name again but nobody answered "Anybody know where Nathaniel is?" the teacher asked.

"I don't Miss, but I saw him last night," Adrien said speaking up "He seemed fine to me, maybe he's just late."

"Maybe," Miss Bustier said nodding about to carry on with the rest of the register, when the Lady Wifi cams came to life showing her and Mariposa outside the Louvre as magically it was being redrawn to become an actual palace fit for a Princess.

'Howdy peeps,' Lady Wifi said waving to the camera 'Lady Wifi here coming to you with the latest update with Mariposa. Who have you brought back this morning Your Highness?'

'Every Princess needs a place to live,' Mariposa said grinning 'So I've 'drawn someone in' to help me reshape this dusty old museum into a working palace.'

With that the camera turned to and zoomed into the Evillustrator as he was doing his job in changing the museum into a *three towered, two floored, dark blue building, with a balcony separating the floors

'Another Akuma reclaimed Chat Noir...' Mariposa said smirking 'Better stop being a scaredy-cat and give me your Miraculous if you want Paris to be safe...'

With that the video went down.

Guilt hitting him in the stomach, Adrien sighed and looked at his ring wondering how much longer he could hold out before he willingly handed it over to Mariposa.

"You ok dude?" Nino whispered, seeing something was off with his friend.

"If you were Chat Noir," Adrien began slowly choosing his words carefully "And you had to go through all this, what would you do?"

"What do you mean?" Nino asked confused.

"Would you fight back and stand up for everyone, being the hero you're meant to be," Adrien said thinking "Or would you do what she wants so she stops hurting people only for Hawkmoth to hurt them instead?"

"I dunno dude," Nino said after a bit.

"Yeah..." Adrien said sighing looking to his bag where Plagg was at the moment "Neither do I."

------

AN: *I'm using the same 'design' from my other story 'Custom Maid'

Just mix together Elsa's Ice Palace and MLP's Nightmare Moon's Palace from (Season 5 Episode 26) and you'll see what I'm trying to mean

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 88 21
!!CRINGE ALERT!! !! Characters are not originally mine. Those go to Thomas Astruc. !! Marinette is pressurized, betrayed, heartbroken and depressed...
297K 5.8K 7
When Marinette slips up and reveals her identity to Chat Noir, their lives are flipped up-side down. Romance flourishes, secrets grow, and Papillon g...
29.5K 551 12
Marinette confesses to Adrien & Adrian tells her he's in love with another. What happens when Adrien finds out who she is? Can he fix it or is she br...
143K 4.1K 22
Chat has been rejected by Ladybug again and he left her. Tears went down his cheek and felt that he wasn't good. So when he fell in love with Marinet...