Chapter 13: The Deal

Since Adrien had been given the story, he had been walking slower than he had been before, and his mind was clouded with thoughts and questions about everything that had ever been going on between him, and Ladybug and Marinette.

He was only snapped out of his dilemma when he heard someone yelling for help.

"Plagg! Claws out!" he cried, changing into Chat Noir and following the screams.

"Chat Noir!" the voice called again.

"Nearly there..." Chat Noir said to himself as they neared the top of Notre Dame, flinging himself onto it, and skidding to a stop when he saw who was calling to him.

"Hawkmoth?!" he called out in surprise, gripping his staff tightly and growling a little.

"At last we meet Chat Noir," Hawkmoth said leaning on his cane "If only it could of been in a different conditions."

Mad, Tikki came out of Chat's pocket and shot straight at the man's face redder than usual with all the fury she had.

"SHE'S ONLY BLACK WIDOW NOW BECAUSE YOU TURNED HER INTO MARIPOSA!" she screamed, tears in her eyes "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT HAWKMOTH!"

"Actually my dear little Ladybug Kwami," Hawkmoth said calmly "It's the boy who made her upset's fault. I just gave her what she needed to get back at him. How was I to know this would happen?"

"Didn't Nooroo tell you?" Tikki asked challenging him, crossing her arms.

"Would you think I'd have let it go on this far if he did?" he asked back, then turning to Chat Noir. "Now, I have come to see you, Chat Noir, because I think we both know for a fact, that you can't take Black Widow down by yourself."

"I only work with Ladybug, thanks," Chat said narrowing his eyes "But if you can tell me how to stop her, that will be highly appreciated."

"Or maybe, you can just call back the Akuma," Tikki challenged.

"Unfortunately, I can't as you say 'Call back the Akuma' because she's too powerful," Hawkmoth said snarling a little "The only way to change her back to normal, is to break her locket, and purify the Akuma."

"Oh. Same as usual then?" Chat Noir asked smirking a little.

"As it would appear," Hawknmoth said nodding a little, but this time you won't have Ladybug, or her Lucky Charm, or her yoyo, to help you. But I can help. If you will allow me to."

"And what's in it for you, if I do let you help?" Chat Noir asked relaxing his grip on his staff a little, carefully bringing Tikki back to hover over his shoulder.

"The love of your life back to normal, and Paris and the world safe from her wrath," Hawkmoth said as if he had been practicing this.

"Just for it to start getting worst again the next time someone gets mad or upset?" Tikki challenged.

"Tikki," Chat said in a whisper, turning away from Hawkmoth but keeping his ears open "This may be the only chance to get Marinette back," he said "Are you really going to push away someone who might be able to help?" he asked.

Tikki was silent, thinking this over, every now and again shooting glances towards Hawkmoth.

"No..." she finally said "But what if he doesn't stick to his word? What if he won't actually help us? What if this is all a game to him and we just walked right into it?"

"Tikki, if he's coming to us for help, then something must have happened to make him willingly change sides like this," Chat said trying to get her to see his point.

"Chat Noir's right little Kwami," Hawkmoth called out making them turn back to him "As it should be, Black Widow, seems to know who I really am," he said checking they were following with it "She also, it would accrue, following the power surge that made Mariposa come to be in the first place, seems to have it out for my son. And after losing my wife, that is something I will not allow to happen."

"Fine," Tikki said huffing like a child "But if he betrays us I'm not to blame," she said making her stand.

"I understand Tikki," Chat said catching her carefully so she didn't tire herself out. "So, what's your plan to get Black Widow back into Marinette?" he asked turning to Hawkmoth.

"Come now kitty cat, I thought there was a brain under all that blonde hair..." Maripos... no Black Widow's voice called out, making the men look up to see her floating here, a grin on her face.

"YOU!" Chat yelled, putting Tikki safely in into his pocket before pulling out his staff again and charging with it towards Hawkmoth.

This was all part of his plan to get his ring, that was it. Why didn't he listen to Tikki?

As he got within five strides of Hawkmoth, Chat jumped into the air and brought down his staff onto the man, who blocked it with his cane and skillfully turned the tables so he had Chat Noir caught.

"Listen, and listen well you pathetic feline," Hawkmoth said firmly "This no longer has anything to do with me. She..." he said making Chat look up to Black Widow "Is no longer in my power. Do you understand?"

Growling a little, Chat nodded, but made his ring hand into a tight fist just in case, when Hawkmoth let him go.

"Poor 'wittle' Chat Noir," Black Widow giggled a little, the tone and rhythm painful for Chat to listen to "No one but your enemy here to help you get out of this one this time. So seeing as that's the case, I've come for Tikki and your Miraculous and its Kawmi. 'Plagg' if I remember right."

"And what will you do with then once you have them?" Chat Noir asked sneering a little.

"Hand them over and I will show you," Black Widow said smirking coming down to hover just above the roof so she wouldn't burn herself thanks to the church.

"Yeah, not going to happen," Chat said trying a move on her to stun her for a little so that he and Hawkmoth can retreat, but she was gone before he could hit her and on his other side.

"What the...?" he asked confused before getting punched in the face and sent flying to the other side of the roof.

"One of the many good things out this little transformation, Kitty, is that now I am faster than you could only imagine, or ever hope to be," she said zooming over to him and throwing him back to the other side "I also have super strength, just so you know."

"Well that would have been nice to know," Chat Noir commented to everyone around him, as he held onto a hopefully-not-broken-but still-in-pain-anyway arm.

"I just told you, Kitty," Black Widow said smirking "Besides, someone like you, one made for the knowledge of comics and superheroes and villains, I would have thought this was obvious."

"Stop... calling me... kitty!" Chat Noir yelled, pulling out his staff again and charging towards Black Widow, mind empty and heart full.

Seeing this, Hawkmoth sent a swarm of butterflies to attack and distract Black Widow, while he got in there, pulled Chat Noir out, and dragged him off to a different part of Paris.