Chapter 18: Bye Bye Butterfly, Hello Bug

Previously: "Where is she?" Chat asked looking out towards the city, leaning on the railings a little.

"Lost someone Kitty Cat?" a familiar voice asked behind him, filling Chat's heart up with both happiness, sadness, and slight fear.

------------------------------

Gulping, slapping a large fake grin onto his face, Chat Noir turned around to face Black Widow.

She carried no weapon, but just going by her dark hard cold stare, she didn't need one.

"No actually I was looking for someone," Chat Noir said calmly, press against the rails.

"And how... May I ask, is that any different to loosing someone?" Black Widow asked crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Well, when you 'Lose someone', it means that you know them and were with you to begin with and you go down different paths," Chat Noir explained using his ears to check if they were actually alone "But when you are 'Looking for someone', it could mean you either know or don't know them and they were not with you to..."

"Oh shut up!" Black Widow said loudly making Chat become quiet.

"I don't have any idea how I managed to put up with you for so long!" she yelled "Seriously do you ever keep quiet? And your lame cat puns! Ughh..."

"My puns are not lame!" Chat Noir fired back, gripping his staff tightly.

"Feline good, Bet you can't chat-ch me, I'm paw-sitive this will work..." Black Widow said listing some of his puns.

This getting Chat to think of an idea to make her follow him, Chat grinned and began a pun marathon for the ages.

"Oh I am so paw-ry," he began bowing "I had Noir idea that they bothered you so much. Purr-lease accept my a-paw-olgy..."

It was here that he had to dodge a couple of arrows fired at him, which he did by falling off the railing backwards and began running towards Hawkmoth's lair, every so often looking over his shoulder to check she was still following him, and shooting another pun at her.

Soon Chat Noir and Black Widow came through the butterfly window of Hawkmoth's lair, both panting and both ready to fight, Black Widow too focused on Chat Noir to notice where they were.

"So, the pathetic pussy cat finally stopped..." she said playing with her bow and arrow a little.

"Well, I was thinking it was getting time for a little chat-nap," Chat Noir said using his staff to bat away the arrow that was fired at him.

"You will have more than enough time to rest when you're in my dungeon for the rest of your life after you hand over your dumb ring and it's Kwami!" Black Widow said, almost yelling at the same time.

Suddenly, out of the shadows, a rope came and lassoed itself over Black Widow, pinning her arms to her sides another few coils being added to make sure she couldn't move.

Crying out, Black Widow looked around for the person who shot the rope at her, but they stayed in the shadows, however she could just see a little red light in amongst the blackness.

"Ah, there you are Tikki, I've been looking all over Paris for you," Black Widow said grinning, Tikki not answering or coming out.

Now Black Widow looked around the room to work out where she was, well aware of Chat Noir 'trying' to sneak up on her.

Spotting the window, she started giggling to herself. "Chat, Chat, Chat, even a boy as dumb as you, should know not to make deals with your enemy..." she said smirking.

"At the moment Princess, you're more an enemy to me than Hawkmoth is," Chat Noir said strongly, taking another step forwards.

Then at a dash, he ran towards her, grabbed the pieces of jewellery in question, and threw the earrings to Tikki and the locket Hawkmoth, taking the rope from him as he extracted the Akuma from the locket.

"NOOO!!!" Black Widow cried out, trying to get free her body becoming a statue when Hawkmoth extracted the Akuma and purified it, a black and purple mist flowing over her, only relieving her of her wings.

"Um... I don't think that worked," Chat Noir called out not seeing the smirk and dark look on the girls face grow.

"That's because that was only to call back her Mariposa side," Tikki called out, flying over to him to explain. "Black Widow is still inside her and still needs to be brought out."

"How?" Chat Noir asked foolishly untying Black Widow from the rope.

Tikki was about to explain, when a fist punched Chat Noir in the face, sending him back, and another reached out and grabbed the red Kwami and the earrings.

"Foolish Mortal!" Black Widow said standing tall looking down at Chat Noir "You should know better than to untie your prisoner. Especially when they can beat you in a fight."

"I can beat you," Chat Noir said checking to see if he had a nose bleed.

"HA! Don't make me laugh," she said smirking "My Black Cat couldn't stop me, so what make you think you can?"

"Well if he couldn't stop you then what defeated you and trapped you into those earrings?" Chat Noir asked confused.

"I'm not going to tell you," Black Widow said smirking "I guess you're just going to work it out on your own... Now, I'm a sporting girl, so I'll give you... Until tomorrow night, to work it out. If you can't you Chat Noir hand over your dumb ring AND your Kwami, to me, in front of all Paris."

With that, she put her earrings on called 'Spot's on' and rushed out of the window.

Slowly Hawkmoth came out of the shadows to stand next to the boy.

"Any ideas the Chat Noir?" he asked looking to him.

"Nope..." Chat said thinking "But I think I may know who might..." he added, looking at his ring.

Saying he needed to get going and check on Paris, Chat Noir also left, did a quick check of the city, seeing all of 'Mariposa's' tricks were back to normal, and went to see Master Fu one more time.

------------------------

AN: Almost done, only three more chapters and it will be over

Hope you're all loving it

Also - Sorry for the Chat-Puns

And fair warning - There will be loads of MLP references in the next Chapter