The Vampire Slave

By Xxbrokenhearts67xX

*First completed book in this series* Raven is a normal teenage girl in a normal town. But when she walks hom... More

Vampire Slave (vampire love story)
Chapter 1: A Night to NOT Remember
Chapter 2: Special events
Chapter 3: Big News
Chapter 4: Familiar people
Chapter 5: New School
Chapter 6: Lost Then Found, Then Lost
Chapter 7: School
Chapter 8:The Meet
Chapter 9: I use my right hand
Chapter 10: Vampire News
Chapter 11: Ice Cream
Chapter 12: Blaze
Chapter 13: Touched
Chapter 14: Pool of Blood
Chapter 15: Start of Hell
Chapter 16: Dracula
Chapter 17: A Party Full of Drama
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Demons Oh My!
Chapter 19: Welcome Home
Chapter 20: Date Night
Chapter 21: Powers Unsheathed
Chapter 22: River of Tears
Chapter 23: Sucked In
Chapter 24: Trapped
Chapter 25 : Captured
Chapter 26: Slaved
Chapter 27: Break out part 1
Chapter 29: Confessions and Confusions
Chapter 30: Friendships
Chapter 31: Forgive Me
Chapter 32: Ice Dork
Chapter 33: Late Nights
Chapter 34: New York City
Contest !!! (Not a chapter)

Chapter 28: Break Out Part 2

19.1K 588 85
By Xxbrokenhearts67xX

Part 2

“And you expect me to follow his plans?” I asked, hesitantly. The plan was so sketchy, and daring. There was no way it would work, it was just all off. 

The man had told me what his plans were. As I thought of the plan, I felt a major piece missing. I just didn’t know what it was.

“Wait,” I said, once the man seemed to be leaving.

The man just looked at me waiting.

“How are you talking to me? Who are you?” I asked, purely out of curiosity.

He gave me the faintest smile ever as he said, “I’m a vampire, like Blaze. Only, certain vampires have different abilities. Mine is to walk through people’s dreams.”

“You mean, that’s possible?” I asked, feeling my jaw drop.

Once again, the man nodded. “If that is all, my lady, I would like to also let you know that you’ll be safe. Just don’t look suspicious.”

My lady? What was up with that?

Before I could respond, I felt the dream vanishing. “What’s happening?” I asked him.

His look of confusion made him frown. “Someone’s trying to wake me up. I am sorry to leave you so quickly. But everything should be set by today. You’ll know when we get there. Farewell, my lady.”

He stepped closer to give me a silver, sharp knife. With that, he bowed. I am not even kidding, he bowed. 

I felt even more confused than ever. I wanted to ask so many questions but the dream vanished, and I woke with a start in my cell.

There was no one around, but I didn’t want to sit here until Blaze got here. I had to do something. Maybe I should make a weapon, I thought to myself.

Groaning, I laid onto my bed to think over this plan. There is no way it could work. In the corner of my eye, I could see a glimmering reflection at the corner of my bed. Picking it up, I realized it was the knife the man had given me. I was able to take it back!

Almost throwing my hands in victory, I hid the knife behind my bra. After waking up, I realized I had a white night gown on. The same one I had seen my mother in when I had that nightmare at my dad’s house. It was the night after the party and my ear had gone deaf for a while after that incident.

I shuddered.

Sighing, I passed the time by thinking more about the plan. It was all so odd, but I kept telling myself that Blaze had it under control.

Wait, since when did I start trusting him?

Rolling my eyes, I could feel myself smiling at the thought of Blaze coming to help me. I had to admit, the guy had some guts. I didn’t know how long time had passed before I felt the familiar tingling through our bond.

God, how I missed that feeling.

I was no longer alone and I would finally be free. But not after I had my fair part in this plan.

There was a loud shout somewhere down the hall and I knew it was time. Standing up, I could see the man who guarded me stumbling over his feet. It seemed like a heavy cloud lifted from him as he looked at me in confusion.

“Where am I?” he muttered, as I called for him.

“Give me the keys!” I said hurriedly. 

I could see Blaze and to my surprise, Vlade. They were both trying to explain to the man that he needed to leave. 

“You’re being manipulated, and you need to leave before they get to you,” Blaze said, handing the keys to Vlade. There were a few other men beside them, who I was guessing were guardians for Vlade since he was apparently important.

The guy just nodded and was escorted by a guardian.

“We need to get out of here, now,” Blaze ordered, opening my cell.

“What about all of the other… demons?” I asked questioningly. They didn’t tell me about that part.

Vlade answered, “They are being taken care of, let’s just say some of my guardians are on it.”

When Blaze opened my cell, I felt like hugging him. Which was really not normal for him or me. But my body reacted differently because I found myself jumping into his arms.

“How did you guys get in?” I asked, mumbling into his shoulder.

I could feel his arm rubbing my back soothingly. This was definitely abnormal for us. Blaze whispered, “We know some underground tunnels.”

“Alright,” Vlade snapped. “We need to get out of here before anyone sees us.”

“Aw, how adorable. Vlade and Blaze rescuing Raven,” another voice added in. I felt Blaze’s body tense against me. It was her. The woman behind everything.

And suddenly, I felt myself grow angry. She took away my family, the people I loved most, and tortured me through nightmares and while I was here.

“I guess he hasn’t told you either. Wow Raven, you really are in the dark,” the woman snarled, her true form appearing before me.

As she said that, the rest of the guardians ran towards her but she easily swiped them to aside with a flick of her hand. She had my powers, I remembered. I was still weak but I was going to end this forever.

“Oh Blaze, you are such a great actor. Making her trust you, now that was something I didn’t expect,” she smirked.

By now I was a little lost. What was happening?

“What?” I asked, looking at her in confusion.

The woman cackled, and I could feel myself turning purple. “Ah, Raven, my darling, you were never a coincidence when it came to Blaze.”

He growled, “Shut up!”

She continued, “He was merely following orders. He bonded to you so that he could deliver you to me.”

By now Vlade and I looked at him in astonishment. Blaze looked angry but defeated. I could feel my heart pace quicken as I stepped away from him. “You were behind everything?”

“Yes, but not--,” he started, and I could feel myself on the verge of another anxiety attack.

“How could you!” I shouted at him, and looked at the old woman who looked as amused as a kid watching her favorite tv show.

“Ah, yes, Blaze betrayed you. He was behind all of the nightmares, and he let me in every once in a while. But suddenly he stopped obeying me,” she snarled, looking at me in disgust.

By now, the other guardians were up on their feet and tried to surround her. She just looked at them with amusement, and used my powers to make them freeze in their spot.

“And now I know why he did it, he’s starting to like you,” the old hag bellowed. Her true form was now covered in a glaze of purple from anger. I could feel my heart clenching. All the while, Blaze looked guilty.

I looked at Blaze in shock. “You… you did this to me?”

“Raven,” he said, trying to reach for me.

I laughed. “This whole time, I was bonded to someone who planned to kill me in the end. Don’t you dare fucking touch me!”

I could feel my powers welling inside of me. I turned to the old hag. “You deserve to die. And there is nothing stopping me.”

If it was even possible, she started to smile. “I was hoping you’d say that.”

And before I knew it, she ran into me, knocking me over. Stumbling slightly, I could see Blaze moving to help me. I glared at him, pushing him to aside. “Stop trying to help me!”

Blaze was a bit surprised but I didn’t have any time to think. I had to act. I could feel my powers helping my instincts. I could sense everything around me, and every move she made. Just as she was about to throw me, I moved out of the way swiftly, and returned her attack with a simple kick to her side.

Well, the kick was much harder than simple.

She let out a fierce growl as she tackled me to the ground. Being this close to her face made me want to throw up. Her breath blew into my face and it smelled like dust and garlic. Just as Vlade was about to intervene, she left them frozen. I could see Vlade was strong though because he seemed to move more than he should.

I didn’t bother to check with Blaze.

“I usually don’t kill my source of power. But there is another like you,” she mused, tracing her nail against my cheek. It sliced open, leaving a trail of blood.

Her words made me confused but I didn’t question it since there was no time for it. I gave a blow to the side of her head as I threw her against the wall.

“Shut up, you won’t live to see them you old hag,” I snarled, using all of my strength to imagine her in as much pain as imaginable.

I could see the pain in her eyes as I made her imagine all of her fears. But as if she realized that her mind was being manipulated, she slowly came back to herself.  

And for a while, we attacked each other back and forth until we found loopholes. It didn’t seem to do anything but tire out each other. It wasn’t until I used my powers to cause the demon to stop breathing that she pulled a larger trick on me. This time though, it was something I never would’ve imagined.

“Should’ve tried harder,” she growled and what happened next made my breath stop.

It was my mother.

She was standing there in front of me. But like my other nightmare, she was glaring at me, her body covered in blood. “You did this to me!” she screamed, which made me feel like my ears were going to explode.

And then, I was back with the hag. Only this time, she had my mother. She looked drained, and way older than she should’ve looked.

“No,” I whispered, looking at her in despair.

The hag laughed, “I always win! If you want her to live, you will do everything I say and be mine.”

I looked at my mother, and it looked as if she didn’t even know where she was. That is, until she looked into my eyes.

I heard a strange sob come from her mouth as she shook her head.

“Raven, she’s going to die either way,” Blaze said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I didn’t know how he got out of that trap, but I didn’t care. I pushed him away and give him the coldest look I could muster. I was exhausted. She drained a lot of my power but I knew Blaze was right. My mother was going to die whether or not I do what she says.

But I couldn’t let her die in her hands. My mother deserved more than that.

“Leave her alone,” I cracked out, trying to move towards her.

She quickly dodged me and threw my mother against the wall. “It’s all up to you Raven.” From the pain in my mother’s eyes, I could see the demon manipulating her mind. My mother no longer had her powers, it was obvious. But it felt as if this demon had kept her here, just for her own filthy amusement.

I felt something within me emerge. Something sinister and crazy. My body started to shake and I felt myself lifting off of the ground. By the look on the demons’ face, I could tell this was new to her. And that she was happy that she could use yet another power.

But instead of attacking her, I used all of my strength to push everyone else behind me. All of the guardians, Vlade and Blaze. “I love you mom,” was all I said, before I slammed all of my powers to the ground.

There was a loud explosion as the ground opened beneath the demon. Fire and lava exploded beneath the surface. She looked confused before she tumbled into the hole, my mother besides it, unconscious. Before I could reach her, the demon started to get up. Her hand snaked to the side of the hole and grasped it, trying to pull herself up. 

“No, Raven!” Vlade exclaimed, “She knows more information.”

“It’s too late!” I screamed back at him. “She needs to pay for what she’s done.”

Before anyone could stop me, I stomped on her hand and closed the ground as I heard her scream in terror. And like that, I fell to the ground besides my mom. “Mother?” I asked, tears in my eyes.

I could see her trying to touch me, when I instinctively moved towards her, having her arms wrapped around me. Her body was shaking, and I knew I had to do something. She couldn’t die.

Then, I remembered what that demon told me. ‘You can do a lot more than transfer to different portals. You can heal, you can use the earth to your advantage,’ the old hag had said.

And I knew what I needed to do.

Keeping everything out of my mind, all of the anger and disappointment, I thought of my mother. How we used to spend our days together. Slowly, I could feel her becoming warmer, until her eyes fluttered open. Her warm eyes gazed into mine, and I could see the tears beneath them. 

I had missed her so much and here she was. It was almost impossible. I just hugged her as I continued to make her as healthy as possible. I could feel air rush through my hair and my spirit lift. Lights exploded in my eyes. Healing was beautiful, I thought as the familiar smell of my mother wafted towards my nose.

The whole hallway lit up in colors as my powers worked to help my mother. Just from this I could tell she was on the verge of death, and I needed to do as much as I could to keep her from falling into it. Slowly, she healed. And I felt her warmth seep into me.

“Raven,” my mother finally gasped as she looked at me with color in her cheeks. She looked like my mother, the mother I remembered so fondly of.

I fell onto her in exhaustion. The use of my powers drained so much out of me that all I could do was cry into her arms. “Mom,” I cried, hugging her as close to me as possible.

The sound of her sobs made my heart clench. She was in so much pain, and even with the healing I did, I knew she would never truly recover. Her body was much better than before but I could tell she was hungry and thirsty.

“Oh Raven,” she murmured, combing my hair, “I’ve missed you so much.”

We just sat there for who knows how long until we heard more commotion somewhere down the hall. “We have to go,” Vlade said, looking behind him.

I nodded, and like that I was brought back to my own mind. I could see Blaze and his emotionless face. “Arrest him,” Vlade ordered despairingly. I looked at Vlade and I knew he was sad about it. Blaze was practically family. 

I watched as the guardians took out handcuffs that seemed to come out of nowhere and bound Blaze’s hands behind his back. I could see there was no struggle but I couldn’t find it in myself to look him in the eye. I would get the full story sooner or later, but we had to leave.

Vlade quickly led us outside and into a van. Blaze was taken to another vehicle (thank goodness) when my mother and I were quickly looked over to make sure there weren’t any fatal injuries. My mother was fine, thanks to me but I was in bad condition, so I was told to sleep on our way to their headquarters. 

“But I need answers,” I grumbled to Vlade.

He just smiled as he said, “Until you wake up, my lady.”

I fell asleep, still confused with his terminology.

By the time I woke up, I was in a comfortable looking room. It looked like a hotel room with a tv, bedside table, and two beds. I looked around to see that I was alone. So much was going on that I couldn’t comprehend what was happening when Vlade entered the room.

“Vlade! I was wondering what happened,” I exclaimed, relieved. 

“Your mother is out eating. You were still sleeping when she left,” he explained, pointing to the other bed.

I nodded and signaled him to continue.

For the next few minutes, Vlade explained everything. I always thought Vlade was powerful, but I never knew that Vlade was basically the king of the vampire government. I say basically because there isn’t an official title to his position but he has a lot of control over everything. The vampires can vote for their ‘king’ or ‘queen’ so long as they fit certain requirements. Anyways, he explained that his guardians took a lot of those demons down but arrested a few for information. 

He also explained the fact that there was another one out there who had powers like me. We were related apparently, but no one know who he/she was. Only one person would be allowed to yield the same powers as mine one at a time but it is extremely rare that another relative will be able to have the powers also.

Apparently, the demons could use my powers but they would never truly ‘yield’ them. It would destroy them eventually, is what he said. What was also surprising is that the demons were going to use my powers to revolt against the world. They were tired of hiding from humans and wanted to rule again, like they used to.

“The fight isn’t over,” he said, “because they plan to unite with other demons. Few escaped and they will continue with this fight. But you delayed it for a long time.”

“It doesn’t feel like I did anything,” I muttered to myself.

Vlade only patted me on the shoulder. “I’ll give you some time alone with your mother. And if you want to talk to Blaze—,”

“No,” I said, looking up at him quickly. “I…I don’t want to. Not just yet. There’s only so much I can handle.”

He nodded. “Of course, he is in for questioning for now. I’ll leave you be, my lady.”

“Wait, why do you call me that?” I asked, hoping to understand the formality.

Vlade said, “You are a part of a species so long ago that you used to reign. Your ancestors before you ruled under a very just system and way ahead of its time. You are to be respected, and protected. Your generation is important.”

With that, he left me dumbfounded in that room. I chewed over what he had told me, and knew this was something huge. Yet, I felt so small.

“Raven?” I heard a tentative voice say.

I looked up and I felt my breath catch again. Now that I was thinking normally, I could see my mother. She was dressed properly into a loose purple shirt and jeans. She was smaller than me, way smaller than I would’ve imagined, yet she was tall at the same time. She was just under my height.

I smiled as I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. I felt her hair brush against my nose. It smelled like her, like I’ve always remembered.

“We should sit down,” she suggested, pulling away from me with a smile.

“Mom, I can’t believe it’s you. I never thought…,” I trailed off, taking every sight of her and storing it in my memory.

She looked so sad yet so happy. “I am so happy you made it out, I hope you understand why I can’t come back with you.”

“Wait, why not?” I asked, looking at her confused.

Looking back at the ground, tears streaked down her cheeks as she said, “Your father...he’ll freak out. And the police…. There will be too many problems. That demon, she was right. I tried to tell your father, but he never believed me.”

“He… never believed you? He loves you!” I exclaimed, feeling the need to defend my father. I had her, but she couldn’t leave.

“I will never be able to live with you guys, sweetie. I’ll only cause trouble,” she tried to explain, cupping my face with her hand.

I silently cried as I realized how right she was. What would we tell people? That we messed up her death and years later we found out she was alive? No, that wasn’t possible. Then I had an idea.

“We could tell everyone you ran away. You paid the doctor to fake your death and I’m pretty sure Vlade will convince the officials,” I suggested, making her look at me with sadness etched into her face.

She only shook your head. “And your father?”

I sat there, silent. We would need to convince him, but by the look on her face, I could see it was a lost cause. Then, I looked at her and said, “Then where will you stay? I didn’t even know you were alive until…until then. And I need you, mom. Now that I finally have you.”

“Honey, I love you, with all of my heart. But we’ll figure it out. For now, we need to get everything ssorted. Especially with Blaze,” she lectured, giving me that ‘mom’ look that I’ve never received before.

Groaning, I mumbled, “But mom--,”

“No buts, I sent him as your guardian, and you need to hear his full story,” she pointed out, tapping my nose gently.

Rolling my eyes, I smiled and said, “It’s nice to have a mom.”

She smiled too and we both hugged.

After that, she told me the basics of what was going to happen. She would live nearby my school but with other vampires. She needed protection and I was willing to have her kept as a secret so long as she was under protection. I didn’t want to lose her all over again.

After that, we decided to take a walk around the area we were staying in. It was a huge building with paintings on each hallway. They looked somewhat famous, and I swore I even saw the Mona Lisa.

We made it to the dining room and my mother just stood by my side so that I can eat. I was eating some sort of soup and I couldn’t have enough of it. 

“Raven, I think it’s time you go talk to Blaze. I need to talk to Vlade about a few things regarding housing,” she said, pointing down a hallway that I was guessing housed Blaze.

Gulping, I nodded as she left and looked down at my soup. 

I did not want to talk to Blaze, that was for sure.

*********

There you guys go! I actually really like this chapter, tell me what you think! And no, this isn’t the end of the book you guys.

Xxbrokenhearts67xX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.3K 23
Raven just wants be alone, she knows if she really got to know anyone she would just end up hurting them. But when she meets Beast Boy everything beg...
108K 2.2K 53
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...
15.3K 536 27
*Sequel to On the Run* Everything has changed for Isabella since her sixteen birthday. She's a princess but more importantly, a werewolf. She's marri...
2.2K 56 41
this story is about a teenage girl, who's life was normal until, she met HIM, a werewolf who fell head over heals in love with her..want to know why...