Seeking Sabina (Completed)

Od WowieWrites

Timothy Troy Loreto Sebastian is a young man blessed with wealth and physical grace. He grew up with his affe... Viac

Chapter I: Wonderful Disaster
Chapter II: Broken Spirit
Chapter III: Anticipated Chaos
Chapter IV: Soft but Unyielding
Chapter V: Saved by a Stalker
Chapter VI: Working Late
Chapter VII: Drained Patience
Chapter VIII: Sabina's Cradle
Chapter IX: When Waves Crashed
Chapter X: Grim Sunshine
Chapter XI: Enticing Sigh
Chapter XII-Hidden in Plain Sight
Chapter XIII: Silent Collision
Chapter XIV: Warrior's Soul
Chapter XV: Mad Serious
Chapter XVI: Thicker than Water
Chapter XVII: Staggering Tower
Chapter XVIII: Emotional Tangles
Chapter XIX: Crystal Clear
Chapter XX: Innocence Surrendered
Chapter XXI: The Big Leap
Chapter XXII: A Step Closer
Chapter XXIII: Blissful No More
Chapter XXIV: The Matriarch's Dilemma
Chapter XXV: Open Secret
Chapter XXVI: Timothy's Woe
Chapter XXVII: With Regrets
Chapter XXVIII: Desperate Move
Chapter XXX: On Hold
Chapter XXXI: Torn
Chapter XXXII: Falling Out
Chapter XXXIII: Separate Lives
Chapter XXXIV: Secrets Revealed
Chapter XXXV: Three Moons
Chapter XXXVI: Up Side Down
Chapter XXXVII: I do
Chapter XXXVIII: Someone New
Chapter XXXIX: New Horizon
Chapter XL: Four's a Crowd
Chapter XLI: Another Shot
Chapter XLII: A Sign
Chapter XLIII: Mixed Signals
Chapter XLIV: Hopeless
Chapter XLV: Nicholas' Intended
Chapter XLVI: Betrothed
Chapter XLVII: Left Hanging
Chapter XLIII: Chasing Destiny
Chapter XLIX: Promise
Chapter L: Burnt Letter
Chapter LI: Conspiracy
Chapter LII: The struggle
Chapter LIII: Redemption
Chapter LIV: Sacrifices
Chapter LV: A piece of you
Chapter LVI: More than Enough
Chapter LVII: In Need
Chapter LVIII: Misfortunes
Chapter XLIX: Shadow
Chapter LX: Union
Epilogue: Isabella and Nicholas

Chapter XXIX: Bond Mended

903 56 36
Od WowieWrites

Friday came and Sabina was extremely pissed, she had stretched her limits and she was ready to curse the young heir from head to toe. Timothy haven't called nor texted her for three straight days, his last message was the ultra short reply he sent when Sabina texted him.

Even in a foul mood, the young woman managed to cook dinner for herself. She prepared stir fried veggies in oyster sauce and some yakisoba. She ate alone while reliving what had happened the whole week.

Eating alone made her missed Timothy more but something inside her was urging her that she should get used to it from now on. Her negativity was kicking in but she fought it and concentrated on her evening meal instead.

After dinner and doing the dishes, she went straight to their bedroom and curled with her favorite book, Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre' Dumas. Dantes' life and revenge always fascinate her and rereading it might help her with her current predicament.

She had given up on the thought that Timothy will bother to call or send her a message so her iPhone was turned off. She haven't turned the second page of her book when she heard the front door of the Cradle opened.

Fury immediately enveloped the young woman, knowing that it was Timothy. She struggled to keep her cool so she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply in slow succession.

She had just opened her eyes when the door revealed Timothy. The young man looked well rested and happy and these observations pushed the feisty lady to the edge. She was in pins and needles the whole week due to his absence and silence. And now here he was, arriving home like he just had a grand and relaxing vacation.

"Oh my God! I didn't know you're still alive." She muttered sarcastically.

"Are you sure you're in the right place? Right house?" She added, eyes ablazed with wrath.

Timothy looked at her but remained silent. "Architect Sebastian, I think you're in the wrong fucking house." Pain and fury had devoured her and Sabina couldn't help the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"Sab...." The young man opened his mouth but was readily cut off by Sabina's next words.

"Are you aware what I have been through the whole week? Are you fucking dumb, bastard?" She screamed as angry tears cascaded abundantly on her each cheeks.

Upon seeing her fiancée in tears, Timothy immediately ran to hug her. "I'm so, so sorry, Sab." He apologized while reaching for the woman.

Like a wild fire Sabina turned away. "Don't touch me and I don't need your apology." She stated in an icy tone. She wiped her tears and drew a long shaky breath.

"Even in my wildest imagination, I never thought that you could treat me this way, Tim. The whole week was hell for me because you made me feel like I wasn't there. Invisible and non-existent. You didn't answered any of my calls or my text messages. Did it cross your mind that you have a fiancée and that she was probably worried sick about you? Did it cross your mind that you have an obligation to tell me were you are? Goddamnit, Tim!" All the pain was turning into words and they made her feel lighter so she embraced the relief it brought.

Fear registered on the young man's face. "I'm really sorry, Sab! It's just that everything was chaotic and urgent." He rationalized.

The young woman chuckled bitterly. "Chaotic but you managed to call TJ. Urgent but you managed to inform the Human Resource department of your indefinite leave. I'm just one dial away, I'm your fiancée for pete's sake." She roared.

"A day or two is excusable but one fucking week? Wow! You really outdid yourself this time, Timothy!" She added.

"Please Sab, hear me out. I need to tend to Darcy. She was very weak and incapable so I have to take care of her. She needs me, she's a family, like a little sister. Please try to understand." The young heir pleaded.

"She was admitted in a hospital, right?" She asked coldly.

Hesitantly, the young architect nodded his head as Sabina continued to stare. "As far as I know hospital have nurses on duty, they take care of the patients hence the name nurse." She stated in a taunting voice.

"But she only cooperates with me, she doesn't want anybody but me. Not even her parents." Again, the young heir replied truthfully.

"Oh, that's why. Anyways, I'm tired. Have a good night, Tim." She turned around and grabbed her iPhone and body pillow. Hastily, she marched out of their bedroom without saying another word.

The young architect was left alone in silence. He flopped on top of their bed and ran a frustrated hand over his slightly messy hair.

What have you done, Tim! He scolded himself inwardly.

The petite biologist spent the night in one of the guest rooms of the Cradle. She was beyond furious so she chose to be alone to prevent more conflict with her fiancé. She knew that she has a sharp tongue and this was her way to avoid further quarrel with Timothy.

She woke up a bit early even though it's a weekend and due to her grim mood last night, her nightmares came back. Sabina padded out of the room quietly and reached the sanctuary of their bathroom without seeing even Timothy's shadow.

The silence of the place and the absence of the man she was dying to see made her sad and furious at the same time. The rioting emotions deep inside her made her cry again but she held back her tears.

When she reached the bathroom and found it empty the dam burst so while brushing her teeth, tears began to leaked from her eyes again but she angrily wiped them. The feeling of being neglected and forgotten was making her weak again.

"Man up, Sab. You're not fifteen anymore." She whispered to herself.

After doing her morning rituals and a quick shower, she went to the kitchen and although she felt no hunger, she decided to make breakfast to silence her mind.

But she wasn't able to reach the kitchen. Sitting on the immaculate couch was Timothy. He was wearing a simple white polo shirt and khakis paired with his gray suede loafers. Beside the couch was a medium size silver suitcase.

Suddenly, deep excruciating pain welled up from the young woman's chest again but she ignored it. "Oh, you're still here. It looks like you're going somewhere far." She stated in an icy controlled voice. She has no intention of showing the young heir that his actions were killing her slowly.

Timothy stood abruptly and tried to embrace her but the woman backed away quickly. She shook her head and crossed her arms on her chest.

Totally disheartened, the young man sat down again. "Sab, please. Darcy will be discharged from the hospital today and her doctors advised her to have another week of full rest so I'm going with them in Tagaytay city. We have a summer house there and my mother offered it to the Madrids." He explained.

"What if I don't want you to go?" The young biologist asked tentatively, testing what would be Timothy's reaction.

The young man didn't reply right away, he smothered his face with his hand and drew a long deep breath. "My older brother Nicky, committed suicide when he was 17 years old and I don't want Darcy to end up like him. She's like a sister to me." He disclosed.

Understanding descended to the woman. In her mind, she now fully comprehend why Timothy was acting this way. Slowly, she nodded her head. She sat beside him and rubbed his back but she remained mum.

The young heir seized the moment and embraced his fiancée tightly. "God! I missed this. I missed you." He whispered truthfully.

The couple stayed this way for God knows how long, savoring the feeling of being back at each other's arms again. Then suddenly, the woman remembered something so she pulled away. "Tim, it's our Barasoain Church trip today. We have to visit the church so we could inspect it, plus we have to find a suitable wedding venue near the church so everything would we ready if ever we decide to have the wedding there. Bulacan is a beautiful place so I'm sure it would be easy to find one." She declared and in a snap excitement invaded her.

The couple have decided to forego the beach reception since most of the churches within the vicinity of beaches were fully booked. And they agreed that if they couldn't have the beach reception they would go for historical churches instead.

"Shit! I forgot about that." He murmured while staring at her angelic face.

"How about you drive there and I'll follow. I'll bring my car so it would be convenient for the both of us later. I really have to go straight to the hospital from Bulacan." He declared unthinkingly.

Again, a deep throb shot through the woman's chest but she just shrugged it off in support of his fiancé's situation. "Okay, I'll just change my clothes anyways I could grab breakfast on my way there." She replied briefly.

∞∞∞

It's been an hour since Sabina reached the city of Malolos where the historical church was located but still Timothy was nowhere to be found. He'll be here, Sab. Maybe there's a little build up at the exit. She tried to convince herself.

"Ma'am, we must go inside now. The church will open in 30 minutes for a wedding. Good thing, you'll get to see the whole place in it's grand wedding shape." The church coordinator said.

The young woman gave her a small smile as she stood up. "Could we wait for my fiancé for at least 10 more minutes. He's already at the exit." She lied.

"Alright, ma'am. I'll wait for you inside." She smiled back at her and sauntered towards the parish administrative office.

As soon as the church coordinator was out of earshot, the young woman quickly fished her iPhone from her purse and dialed Timothy's number. Her first call was left unanswered. "Goddamnit Tim, you're doing it again!" She cursed in murmur.

For the second time, she dialed his number. Fortunately, her fiancé picked it up after several rings. "Where are you? I've been here for more than an hour now." She stated angrily, she didn't mouthed any greetings or whatnot since she was really pissed off, big time.

She was sick and tired of being ditched and the feeling of taken for granted that she had been experiencing for a week came back and it only made it worst.

"I'm so, so sorry, Sab. My mother called and told me that Darcy is throwing a tantrum and her wounds started to bleed again so I have to go back to the hospital immediately. Please understand." He said apologetically but in a panicky voice.

Fury and jealously left the petite woman in pure white rage but she held back. "Seriously, Tim? This wouldn't take all day.I just want to see the church with you since I will be needing your inputs and your thoughts. After all, this is for our wedding." She stated as calmly as possible.

A short pause followed and only the young heir's heavy breathing could be heard from the other line. It was clear that he was contemplating on what to do next. "Where are you, Tim?" The woman asked again but still there was only silence until a few moment.

"Sab, go on and inspect the place anyways, if you find Barasoain church lovely then I'll go with your decision." He muttered from the other line, deliberately diverting the topic to avoid the young woman's question.

"Goddamnit! Answer me, Tim!" She muttered in gritted teeth. Tears of wrath began to appear on the young biologist's eyes but she blinked them away bravely.

In the smallest of his voice, he replied. "I'm so sorry, Sab but I'm already here near the hospital."

The suppressed emotions that the lady was bottling up for almost a week, exploded in one go. "What the hell, Tim! You're a fucking bastard! You have been with Darcy and your mother in the hospital for 5 straight days and now this? I was just asking for 5 hours max from you and you couldn't give it to me." Her voice quivered dangerously despite her effort. 

"This isn't a worthless stroll, this is for the wedding. Our fucking wedding." The petite woman annunciated every word with rage. She wanted Tim to feel how hurt she was at the moment.

"Sab, please....!" The young man pleaded.

"It was obvious that you have chosen, Architect Sebastian. Enjoy Tagaytay and enjoy Darcy." She said sarcastically as big fat tears flow freely, soaking her beautiful face.

"Sab...." She heard him roared.

"And oh, tell your mother that you are not a fucking doctor and there are medicines called sedatives. Goodbye, architect Sebastian." She then pressed the end icon and turned off her iPhone.

The young woman's chest felt like bursting after her conversation with her fiancé and it felt that she was drowning. The emotional torment inside her was too much. Slowly, her knees buckled and her calves weakened until she found herself seated in a plant box in the front yard of the old magnificent church.

More tears and sobs followed until she saw the wedding coordinator waving her hand at her. Quickly, she wiped her eyes and schooled her features.

"Coming." She half yelled as she walked in haste towards the church main door. She muttered a silent prayer that helped her calm down a great deal.

"Do you honestly think that there will still be a wedding?" A voice like her mother's rang inside her head.

She shook her head vigorously in attempt to brush off the voice. Luckily, the smiling church coordinator appeared by her side. "This way, ma'am." She ushered her towards a  closed door at the deserted side of the magnificent church.

∞∞∞

The young heir found his mother by Darcy's side. The latter was sleeping peacefully and her wrist appeared fine, no blood or discoloration was in sight. "What is this, ma?" He asked angrily.

"Lower your voice, can't you see my dear Darcy was sleeping." She replied back in a hiss.

"You told be she was throwing a tantrum? I have an important appointment and I was forced to return here in haste." He stated, omitting the true nature of his appointment. He didn't dare mentioned their church appointment to avoid further argument.

"But she was, she woke up a couple of hours ago and asked for you. When she realized that you're not here she began to cry and scream so the doctors gave her a shot of sedative to calm her down." A voice from the threshold explained.

Mrs. Lara Foster - Madrid entered the room and smiled kindly at Timothy. "I'm sorry about this, Tim. I know you need to rest, too. My daughter is such a baby. Please forgive her." Darcy's mother apologized. She is half American and she just arrived from the United States two days ago with her youngest child Dylan Mason Madrid.

"It's alright, auntie." Timothy replied softly as he pecked her cheek.

Bianca looked on but she has no intention of shutting up, she wanted to know where Timothy spent the night. She successfully detained her son for five days, away from her fiancée.

The Sebastian woman was hoping that the biologist would call off the engagement after being neglected for 5 days. She also hid his son's mobile phone during those days, telling him that the noise will bother the weak woman and due to guilt and worry Timothy had let her with minimal objection.

"Where have you been Tim?" She asked in a vicious tone.

Directly, he answered his mother with no qualms. "I spent the night with my fiancée, ma. Is that wrong?" He replied in a taunting tone. The young heir was tired, annoyed and troubled because of what's happening between him and Sabina.

"Oh my God, you're engaged! Congratulations Tim. I'm really happy for you." Darcy's mother exclaimed with a genuine smile as she hugged the young man.

In return, the young heir  embraced the big boned woman. "Thank you, auntie. You should meet her some time. I'm sure, you will like her."

Bianca's face contorted in rage. "Enough of that Lara, did you know that his fiancée is the reason why our Darcy is here. How dare you congratulate Timothy in front of your sleeping daughter. Unconscious persons can pick up negative vibes, you know." She snapped with heaving chest.

Mrs. Madrid appeared unaffected, she just smiled and shook her head. "Calm down, Bianca. Stop being melodramatic. It's the 21st century, everybody is free. Darcy is here because she couldn't accept the truth. She is here because her mind remained close. And your giving in to her every demand and whim made it more complicated. It would be a great help if you teach her to accept the truth than feeding her with false hope." She explained, being born and raised in the United States gave the woman a broad mind and fair judgment.

The woman's words left the Sebastian matriarch tongue-tied but deep inside, she was enraged with Darcy's mother. While ignoring the other woman, she shifted and faced her own son. "Stop this instant, Tim. Do you really want Darcy to end up like your brother, Nicky?" She muttered with a guilt-inducing tone.

"Bianca, give your son a break!" Lara Madrid readily rebuked the matriarch. She couldn't believe that a mother could do this to her own son.

Years ago, when the whole family decided to go to Illinois, Darcy chose to remain here. She chose to stick with the Sebastians instead of going with them and so, even with a heavy heart she lets her, not knowing that the family will end up living there for good.

Her son Dylan was sickly then so they were forced to migrate and seek medical attention in the United States. Fortunately, her son recovered but they chose to remained there for Dylan's health.

The woman's kind words earned a grateful smile from the young heir. "Thank you, auntie. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to call my fiancée." He stated as he went out of the room.

∞∞∞

Few days have passed since that Saturday fiasco and everything had been as chaotic as before or not, much worse. The Sebastian heir tried calling the young biologist several times but the latter refused to answer his calls. All he got was a short text message from her saying:

[Leave me in peace, we'll talk when you get back.]

Instead of sulking and mopping around, Sabina spent the week working to drown her pain. To her great chagrin, last Saturday, her fiancé chose to go with his mother and Darcy's family to Tagaytay City.

This decision of the young man had affected the young biologist deeply. In her heart, it was like losing Timothy to Darcy yet again. She knew that it sounded childish but she was really hurt by the man's action. She never thought that her fiancé could do this to her.

For almost two weeks now, the young woman had been battling with this emotional turmoil on her own, her best friends were in Naga city, working on the necessary papers for their upcoming wedding while Margaret left for a one-month Safari adventure in Serengeti with her college buddies. She will be back in time for SB anniversary ball. And knowing Sabina, she didn't call any of them.

When Thursday came the young woman was drained to the core, she wasn't just exhausted emotionally but also physically. The nightmare had came back so she was losing sleep for days now. The last three nights kept her up until the wee hours in the morning in fear of sleeping and having nightmares again.

But it was really the emotional turmoil that depleted the young woman's spirit. Thinking and analyzing Timothy's behavior for the passed weeks have given Sabina deep heartaches and endless confusion.

Today, the petite biologist called in sick, the sleepless nights and endless thinking have taken it's toll on her, making her weak and dizzy. She didn't bothered calling Terrence, she just texted one of the HR associates to inform them of her absence.

It was not until 9:00 o'clock in the morning that Sabina decided to get up and prepare some breakfast. She has no appetite but her migraine attacked mercilessly so she knew that she had to get up and eat to feel better.

Silently, she padded towards her spacious kitchen but she hasn't set the cooker yet when she heard the doorbell sounded. The young woman wasn't expecting any company for today and she hasn't received any call from the front desk about visitors so she was a little perplexed.

While walking towards the door, paranoia kicked in so fear attacked right away. Carefully, she peeked at the peep hole on the door but saw no one so she remained standing near the threshold trying to catch any sound from outside the door.

"Está seguro de que está en el interior?" She caught a kind female voice asking. Suddenly, her heart rate doubled. She knew that voice so without thinking she yanked open the door.

The scene she saw rendered her speechless and immobile. Standing outside her door was her whole family, her grandmother, the twins and her father. Shock, fear and happiness surged inside Sabina sucking up her remaining sparse energy at once, her surroundings began to spin so she staggered backwards.

Fortunately, one of the twins was quick and was able to grabbed her elbow before she hit the floor. "Are you alright, Aria?" The middle-aged man whispered. The identical eyes caught each other and right away Sabina knew who it was.

"Anton?" She asked in a weak voice.

"Yes, it's me." The man answered while studying his youngest sibling's ashen appearance.

Without thinking the young woman pulled her brother into a tight hug. A decade of sadness and guilt disappeared in a blink of an eye and all that was left is love.

"I'm so sorry, Aria. Forgive for being a terrible brother." Anton Dela Vega's words were brief but it perfectly summed up all his shortcomings.

Truthfully and with no pretensions, the shocked woman replied. "You were forgiven a long time ago, Anton. I fully understand but please forgive me, too. I'm really sorry for what happened to mama. I know it's...." Sabina wasn't able to finish what she was about to say.

Her words were drowned by another sound, the deep voice of her father. "You don't have to apologize, Aria. We all know that it was an accident and it wasn't your fault. During those times, the doctor had advised her to modify her lifestyle and diet but she didn't listen. She was a walking time bomb then but she didn't care. All she cared about was her status and that betrothal." The words were spoken with great hurt and anguish.

"Papa..." Anton tried to wean her father from recounting the tragic past while still holding his youngest sibling.

The old man threw him a glance. "Let me say this Anton, so we could all move on. This is for your sister's peace of mind." He implored.

Slowly, the eldest of the Dela Vega siblings nodded his head so his father pressed on.

"I have seen it coming, it was just unfortunate that it happened that night so please stop blaming yourself mi amor. It's time to free yourself from illogical guilt and distress." Don Luis Dela Vega added in a pleading tone.

From her eldest bother's arms, the petite lady flew to her father's. "Papa, I missed you!" She murmured as tears of joy leaked from her eyes. After a decade of living in guilt, Sabina's heart was now freed. The inner peace that she had been praying for was now within her reach.

"And thank you. This is what I have been praying for, for a very long time. Thank you. Thank you." She couldn't help but utter the whispers of her heart while giving her father her tightest embrace.

"All for you, mi amor. All for you." The old man replied.

"I think this reunion will be more comfortable if we continue this inside." Jacob Dela Vega suggested with a big smile.

The small group moved on in the living area and after the high emotions have gone down, Sabina greeted her grandmother happily. "How are you, abuela?" She queried as she pecked the matriarch's both cheeks. "I missed you terribly." She added softly.

"I missed you more, bonita." The old woman caressed her face and hair, making her feel even more lighter.

Afterwards, she roamed her eyes around the living room until she found the younger of the twins. Silently, she padded towards him and gave him a warm hug. "Jacob, thank you. I owe you big time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She had been saying thank you for a while now but her heart was still brimming with gratitude.

"Just like papa mentioned, all for you Aria, all for you." The lawyer responded while staring at his sibling adoringly.

"You have a very nice place here, Aria." Anton commented, clearly impressed with the interior of the penthouse.

Don Luis nodded his head in agreement. "Elegant and sophisticated without being austere. And I must add very homey. Truly impressive." He declared.

The younger of the twins cleared his throat loudly upon hearing these praises. "I have this place designed especially for her and build it in great haste when I learned about the stalking creep." He stated proudly as he gently pulled away from Sabina's embrace.

"You all knew? I thought you have forgotten all about me." She was floored with this revelation and again, tears came. All along she thought that she was alone but she was wrong.

In a flash, her eldest brother was by her side again. "Aria, enough please." He murmured softly as he pulled her in a one arm hug but this only made the young woman cry harder which alarmed everyone.

"This are happy tears, I promise you." She managed to mutter in between sniffs and violent sobs.

Her contradicting reaction and words earned confused smiles from her family. "Mi amor, do you honestly think that we will abandon you. I have my people searched for you the moment I learned that you disappeared that night and it took them four months before they found you in Naga city. But I never had the courage to approach you in fear that you might run away again. The fear of losing you again outweighed the longing so I content myself by watching you from a far." Don Luis revealed more.

"It was a pleasant news when I found out that you kept in touch with mama, at least you have a family by your side while growing up even though you only talk over the phone. I knew it was enough during that time. Even Anton here attempted to look for you but he was unsuccessful. We are watching you all this time mi amor. There was never a second that we don't remember you." Sabina's father added.

All the pent up doubts and grief broke loose, drawing out more tears and louder cries from the petite biologist. The crying freed her from all the negative thoughts she had harbored over the years from thinking that her family had abandoned her.

"Now, now, enough of that mi amor, your upsetting your abuela." Don Luis admonished his youngest child in a soft tone.

Suddenly, Sabina was 7 again. Her father always used this kind tone on her as a child and this memory brought a smile in her lips.

"I think she lost it, smiling while bawling her eyes out." The young woman heard Jacob whispered to his twin brother which earned an elbow an a chuckle from the ever serious Anton.

Another smile broke free from her lips upon witnessing this and little by little her tears subsided.

She looked around and found her whole family eyeing her adoringly especially her grandmother. Years of being alone pushed her to blush. "Have you eaten breakfast?" She asked to covered up the awkwardness she was feeling.

"Yes but I'm still famished." Anton replied.

With added bounce to her step she padded towards the kitchen. "Good! I'll cook for you guys." She said happily.

Everyone was captivated when they saw how graceful and efficient Sabina was in her kitchen. She moved smoothly and she made it looked like cooking was just a walk in the park. Doña Esperanza swell with pride when she saw how independent and self-reliant Sabina is.

"She grew up fine, mama even she was uprooted at a very young age." Don Luis commented with teary eyes.

Daintily, the Dela Vega matriarch dabbed her eyes dry. "Yes, Luis and it brings me endless joy to see her like this, happy and free. Do you think it's wise to mentioned the Sebastian lad this early." She asked doubtfully.

"No, let's give this day to her. We'll tell her everything soon but not now." Don Luis stated firmly.

The twins who's been listening the whole time agreed in unison. "Yes, pa."

After almost an hour, the breakfast was ready and the long dining table was set up. When all were seated they began to eat. "This is so good." Anton stated while munching on his veggies and meat.

Sabina had prepared Pinakbet, garlicky longganisa from Vigan, some poached eggs, steaming coffee and tinapa rice.

"Very Ilocano, right?" Jacob added while reaching for a cup of coffee.

"I cooked the veggies for you abuela just like how yaya Loring prepares it. Abuela is the only pure blooded Spanish woman I know who truly loves Pinakbet." Sabina declared as she thrush the dish towards Doña Esperanza's direction.

The matriarch smiled. "Being born and raised here, I'am more Ilocano than Spanish, you know." She responded while scooping some more veggies.

Out of nowhere, an idea flew into Sabina's head. "You have to stay with me until the weekend, all of you." She said giddily and for the first time in a long while, Sabina was glad of her fiancé's absence.

"Did you know that Jacob has his own unit at this very tower, 5 floors away from you?" Anton asked.

The young woman offered a small smile and nodded. "Yes but I want you to stay here with me so I could take care of abuela and papa and of course, you two." She stated again.

"Please, please." She put her connected palms in front of her like in a praying position.

"Are you alone here, Sabina?" Jacob asked, everyone was aware that after the engagement the Sebastian lad had fully moved in with her.

The young woman suddenly fell silent and they all witnessed how her face dropped. After a long pause and a deep breath which wasn't lost on her family, Sabina replied. "Yes, I'm alone."

The petite biologist was positive that her family knew about her recent engagement but no one asked about it and she was extremely grateful for that. She had every intention of telling them everything but with Timothy's mess, she knew that this wasn't the right time.

"Are you alright, mi amor? Is there something wrong?" The clan's matriarch was brave enough to ask her quiet granddaughter.

The young woman shook her head but her eyes remained sad. "No, abuela. I'm perfectly fine." She replied softly.

Nobody dared ask more, they just continued eating and changed the topic at the table.

***

Translation:
"Está seguro de que está en el interior?" - Are you sure she's inside?

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

418 48 18
Years after HL. Maeve Crawford has to face Sebastian while helping her bestfriend Poppy plan her wedding with Ominis. She hasn't spoken to him in tw...
1.3K 39 18
Two people born into the same style of life find each other at their worst. Selena and Luca try to deny their feelings for each other but the pressur...
12.9K 363 14
When she thought of her life as an artist, Aisleigh thought it would be absolutely divine. Her years at school did not prepare her, however, for th...
48.2K 1.8K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...