I don't Mate with Jerks

KC-Blares tarafından

KC Blarez has been harassed, bullied, and picked on for as long as she could remember. When she moves away fo... Daha Fazla

Hunted becomes the Huntress
Chapter 2 ~ Memories Burn
Chapter 3 ~ Wolves Never Forget
Chapter 4 ~ Rumors die, but Haunt for Eternity
Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary
Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes
Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds
Chapter 8 ~ Surviving Friends, Enemies, and Crushes
Chapter 9 ~ Off the Line
Chapter 10 ~ How very Housewarming...
Chapter 11 ~ Unknown Species
Chapter 12 ~ My Oh My
Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha
Chapter 14 ~ The big 1-8. Wassup Alpha Mate?
Chapter 15 ~ Sugar, Spice, a whole lot of Spite
Chapter 16 ~ No, I'm not Famous
Chapter 17 ~ Furry Love, Smooth Hate
Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged
Chapter 19 ~ Toys and Games
Chapter 20 ~ Kick butt Talent
Chapter 21 ~ Claws and Dresses
Chapter 22 ~ Swiping the Cards
Chapter 23 ~ Seductresses
Chapter 24 ~ Some Hearts still Beat
Chapter 25 ~ Part of Me
Chapter 27 ~ Just another Global Crisis
Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction
Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God
Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass
Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark
Chapter 32 ~ The Cards are Scattered
Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night
Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf
Chapter 35 ~ Tame the Bloody Flame
Chapter 36 ~ Rest in Shackles
Chapter 37 ~ Six feet of Hell
Chapter 38 ~ The Red Ace
Chapter 39 ~ Bloody Dice
Chapter 40 ~ Crimson Poker Table
Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake
Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen
Chapter 43 ~ Impossibly Possible
Chapter 44 ~ Stitch my Heart
Epilogue

Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night

328K 9K 1K
KC-Blares tarafından

Yay!!! SO HAPPY!!!! Oh moi gawd! I can tell y'all how much I love teh comments! I'm pretty sure i've said that about a hundred times but they never get old! I love reading them every chapter!

 Which brings me to this: this chapter is dedicated to queenofthenerds because she has left WONDERFUL comments in almost every chapter and they get better each one! Plus, she's also been a huge support for this story and I can't thank her enough for that! :)

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS MORE EACH CHAPTER!!!! <3

~KC Blares

*****************************************************************************************

Chapter 26 ~ Girls Night

KC's P.O.V.

“So that snide little turd really cheated on you?” Danica gaped, the four of us sitting in a circle on my bed. I nodded with a roll of my eyes, ashamed that I had actually fallen for that two-timing player.

“Now that’s low, even for Justin,” Maggie stated. I nodded, holding my bag of Doritos closer to me and stuffing a handful into my mouth. She reached for the bag and I growled at her hand, pulling the bag closer to me.

“KC, just give me one,” Maggie pleaded as she tried to reach for it again, but I snarled at her extended hand.

“No,” I pouted, pouring more into my mouth.

“Kace, it’s a family sized bag! I just want one!” She exclaimed, pointing towards the large yellow and blue bold words that exclaimed “Family Size” on it.

“Well, I’m a one person family,” I sassed, chomping down on another handful of the cheesy snack. Maggie was about to return sass and keep her title as the “Sass Master”, but Amber quickly cut in.

“You know what?” she asked, a sly smile spreading across her lips that made me fidget nervously on my spot. I hated it when she got that mischievous look in her eye. A wise word from an expert; never trust a girl who looks like she’s planning your death. Especially, if your married to them.

“What?” Danica mumbled cautiously, almost fearful what crazy idea might spill out of Amber’s mouth next.

“We should have a girls’ redemption night,” she smirked, sitting back with her arms crossed as though she was pleased with her idea and was waiting for our responses.

“A what night?” Maggie drawled and Danica’s expression the same lost look as Maggie’s. I just sat there, continuing to munch on my nacho cheese Doritos.

“A girls’ redemption night. Really, it’s just a girls’ night with horror movies and we add hot guys into the mix. Also kind of like a bachelorette party, I guess,” she informed with a smirk on her face the entire time.

“Sounds like fun,” Maggie beamed, running a hand through her already ruffled hair.

“I’m game, except there are really not a lot of hot guys in our age group to hang with.” Danica pointed out, Maggie’s shoulder slumping in the same realization.

“Well, I have Dan,” Amber swooned, biting her lip as she twisted a finger around a lock of hair. Gawd knows what that girl was thinking about then and I really didn’t need to know. “Then there are the college boys hanging around and probably bored out of their minds on this Friday night.”

“Nice!” Maggie cheered, putting her hands up in the air with a little cheer while Danica clapped quietly.

“Why wittle KC, you’ve been quiet over there,” Amber talked to me like I was baby while using a silly voice. I narrowed my eyes at her, but bit back the snide remarks filling my head and instead stuffed another chip into my mouth.

“What do you think? Plus, Damon’s probably stalking about so this can be the perfect time to strike the jealousy card.” Maggie raised her eyebrow and I considered how true her point was.

“I’m in,” I grinned, finishing up the bag before balling it up and tossing it across the room into the basket.

*** 

The three of us changed into our pajamas and met outside my room. I wanted to make sure I struck a chord with Damon so I wore short black pajama shorts and a slim blue varsity tee, my hair held back in a ponytail.

“You know, since I moved in, I don’t think I have ever once hung out in the living room, let alone get a good look at it,” I said as we headed down the flights of stairs, of course Dan and Amber zoned out and completely tuned into each other, probably using the pack link to talk dirty to each other.

“That wouldn’t surprise me,” Danica scoffed. “Usually the college kids lounge around in there instead of in their rooms. It’s a thing, I don’t ask.”

“Whatever, tonight we’re going to take over and they can enjoy a nice horror movie with us,” I prompted slyly as we walked into the living room. I don’t know if it was just a coincidence or if it was our lucky day, but there were about five hot senior boys hanging in the living room, staring blankly at the TV.

“Hey, Taylor,” Dan nodded towards one of the boys before I could open my mouth to say something.

“’Sup Dan,” he nodded back, his eyes then falling on me. “Who are your friends there?” he then asked, his friends looking over with interest.

“Oh, this is Maggie, Danica, KC, and my girl, Amber,” he introduced, heading towards the couch, leaving a space open between him and Taylor. Mentally calling dibs, I casually walked over and sat down between them.

“Hey,” he smiled warmly down at me. “The name’s Taylor, that’s Jake, Carlos, James, Fritz, and Logan,” he pointed and named each of his friends, each of them giving a slight wave or nod.

“So, Taylor, you guys watchin’ anything or do you mind if we turn on a horror movie?” Dan questioned, but Taylor barely took his eyes off me as he replied.

“Please, go ahead,” he said, smiling down at me. I giggled, luring him in. Damon can be the sleazy skirt chaser he is, but truth is, I know just how to lure and trap prey myself just as easily as he can. Dan stood up and I watched him slip Horror Story into the DVR, finding the remote and pressing play before turning the lights off.

I quickly took a glance around the room and smiled when I saw Danica whispering quietly to James, using her hands to try and explain something that clearly interested James. Maggie was sitting closely to Logan, a punk looking kid in a My Chemical Romance tee shirt. If you asked me, he was like the guy version of Maggie. On the outside anyway.

“I’m going to grab some snacks,” I informed as I got up and hurried into the kitchen, feeling Taylor’s eyes on my butt as I left. I rolled my eyes, “Boys,” I thought humorously to myself.

In the kitchen I hunted down a bag of popcorn, a couple bags of chips, candy, and bottles of assorted drinks. While the popcorn popped in the microwave, I hopped up onto the counter, staring at the numbers counting down and waited for the snack to finish its roasting.

“So, KC, interesting song in the talent show today,” I turned to see Crystal leaning in the doorway, looking as sly and slutty as ever. She smirked mischievously at me, slowly prowling forward with her arms crossed across her chest.

“Thanks,” I muttered, turning my back to her. She scoffed, making me roll my eyes at her annoying presence.

“You know, as I sat next to Damon, watching your performance intently with my arms wrapped around him, I couldn’t help but notice how Damon reacted when you walked on in that cute little outfit of yours,” she said as she continued advancing towards me, a crude grin pulling at her lips.

“And what exactly did you notice, Crystal?” I played along, hoping that she would just spit out whatever and get the hell away from me.

“Hmmm, where to begin?” she dragged. “Maybe the way his breath hitched, or how he began to sweat.” She raised her eyebrow questionably at me as I narrowed my eyes at her, wondering what exactly she was inferring. “Now, I know I easily get that reaction from boys, but not nearly as intense, which could only mean one thing,” she chuckled.

“And what could that be?” I sighed, bored with this discussion.

“That you and Mr. Alpha boy are mates,” she sang, pleased at her little observation.

“Oh yay, someone give the girl a gold star!” I cheered sarcastically. “Great job putting that cute little hypothesis together, but there’s just one little quirk to it,” I stated, jumping off the counter and turning to face her. “I don’t have a mate.”

“Please, KC, like I’m going to fall for that,” she sneered, moving her hands defensively to her hips. “I can see it in his eyes how hard he hides it whenever you’re around. Eyes are the windows to the souls and all that shit,” she laughed, amused as she plucked an M&M from one of the bags and popped it into her mouth.

“Um, ever heard of hormones? Boys have ‘em too.” I argued carelessly. “They kick off every time they set their eyes on any girl with a lot of luggage,” I grimaced, glad to hear the microwave go off and quickly swiped away the bag.

“Yeah, KC, I’m well aware of those,” Crystal mused. “But this was something different. Don’t mistake me for a fool, Blarez, because I’m not,” she hissed, glaring fiercely at me. I rolled my eyes again, not in the mood to be listening to her obnoxious rambling right now.

“You, a fool? Ha, never crossed my mind,” I bit, pouring the popcorn into a large bowl.

“Whatever, my point is, if you and Damon aren’t mates, I hope you don’t mind if I call dibs,” she gleamed with an air of taunt. “I’m prepared to tame the beast in him,” she licked her lips and I couldn’t hide the look of disgust that forced its way to my face.

“Well, have fun with that,” I replied indifferently, though my wolf growled at me for practically granting another female access to my mate. Screw that, let her have him. They were more of a probable couple anyway. Crystal smiled at me, with anything but kindness in her eyes, and walked back out of the room to wherever the hell Crystals go.

With a sigh of disgust and an involuntary shudder, I grabbed the food and headed back into the living room, the movie already five minutes in.

“There you are,” Taylor grinned. “Thought you were going to miss it,” he grabbed the popcorn from my full hands as I tossed the bags of candy to Maggie, Danica, Fritz, Jake, Carlos and Dan before falling back into my seat beside Taylor.

            “Nope, the popcorn just took longer to pop than I thought,” I lied before smiling up at him, taking notice that he had his arm spread out on the back of the chair behind me, clearly comfortable. I leaned back as the movie continued on, everyone digging into their snacks, and I felt Tyler’s arm gently rest itself around my shoulders, pulling me slightly towards him. I let a purr echo from my throat, letting him think I enjoyed it.

I sneaked a glance towards Amber and Dan and couldn’t help the hint of jealousy that tore through me at the sight of them in each other’s embrace, their lips caressing each other’s. I quickly turned my attention back to the movie and inched closer to Taylor, resting my head against his shoulder, earning myself a small pleased sound from him too.

            “Oh, get a room,” Fritz laughed from the chair over, punching his friend in the shoulder. His face turned slightly red, but he brushed his friend off and pretended to return his attention back to the TV, when really, half of it was on me.

            “What are you guys watching?” Damon’s low voice asked. I glanced around Dan and Amber to see the tall figure standing in the doorway, his muscled arms crossed across his chest.

            “Horror Story,” Dan replied carelessly, tearing away from Amber just long enough to respond. I rolled my eyes, pressing myself closer to Taylor, knowing how much it was probably pissing him off at the moment. In fact, I could’ve sworn I heard a furious growl coming from his direction.

            “Sorry, you can’t join,” Maggie said almost fiercely, sparing him a hateful glare.

            “Yeah, we’re having a girls’ night,” Danica added sternly, James almost giving her a weird look but she held her finger up to his lips, making him chuckle before gliding his arms around her waist.

            “Oh really?” he smirked comically. “Then who are these guys,” he pointed to the college boys around the room, purposely skipping past Dan.

            “Our guy friends,” I hissed with a sly grin, catching that possessive glint in Damon’s dark eyes. “Now, shoo! You’re ruining the movie,” I gave him an innocent look before pretending to look really interested in the movie.

            “Fine then,” he sneered. “The fiancé dies at the end,” he said before quickly walking out, Maggie and I growling after him.

            “Jerk!” I yelled at him, knowing he’d ignore me anyway. “Don’t you just love him?” I asked the guys sarcastically, everyone chuckling quietly so that the Alpha himself wouldn’t hear.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

19.9K 510 24
A young girl who lives a not-so-normal life in New York knows something she shouldn't. Will she find her mate, the one true person who can take her a...
6.3K 126 14
She is a rogue on the run from her old abusive pack and she lives for freedom. He is a possessive Alpha of the most respected and the strongest pack...
3.6M 57.5K 46
{Completed} Katherine loved her new life, her new pack and most of all her boys! They welcomed her into their pack three years ago when she ran away...
23.8K 475 23
Megan living the 'normal' life of a werewolf. When she's forced to move into the pack house with her best friend she meets new friends, enemies, and...