Dirty Little Secret

By Justwriters

After years of friendship, Lani and Owen are pushed to the limits when life throws almost everything in their... More

Dirty Little Secret
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter twenty-Two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter twenty-Eight
Chapter twenty-Nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter thirty-Three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty

Chapter fifty-two

4.9K 54 1
By Justwriters

Two weeks later…

We walk into the doctors office and then she leads us to a room. Today is my second scan. Owen squeezed my hand with a large grin on his face. I chuckled silently, he could be considered more excited than I am.

"How are you today, Lani?" The doctor asked, gesturing for me to lay down on the bed.

"I'm good." I say and I lay down.

"Okay, lift your top up. This may be cold," she warned me, smiling. Once she put the gel on, she turned the monitor for us to see. "Okay, let's look at your little ones."

"Little ones?" I say.

She blinked and looked at me. "You are going to be a parent of twins," she told me softly.

"Wh-what?" My eyes get wide.

I heard Owen spluttering next to me. "We're having twins?" He choked out.

"Yes," she smiled. "I thought you knew..." She moved the scanner and showed us the two babies.

In the all surprise, I faint.

~

"Is she alright? She just fainted! That can't be good for her! What about-" I heard the doctor cut off Owen's frantic cries. I open my eyes and everything is kind of blurry. I'm in a different room. "Lani-bear!" Owen's head appeared in my vision. "God, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry."

The doctor cleared her throat. "Are you feeling okay? I thought you knew about the twins, otherwise I would have told you better than I did."

"Just a bit dizzy." I tell her.

She nodded and sat down in one of the chairs. "How do you feel about having twins?"

"I'm shocked. Really, really shocked."

A frown flittered across her face. "Is it a bad thing?"

"No, not at all. I just wasn’t expecting it."

She nodded. "I'll give you a moment to talk." She got up and left the room. I looked over at Owen, who looked like he was in shock.

"Owen?"

He looked over at me with wide eyes. "Twins," he breathed.

"I know."

He got up and stood in front of me, then a wide grin spread across his face. "We're having twins," he said, kissing me.

I kiss him back and smile. "Wow, this is...its insane, but twins."

He pulled me into a hug. "I wonder if it's a boy or a girl, you fainted before we could find out," he told me, chuckling.

"Not funny." I wrap my arms around him. "Lets find out now."

He kissed my forehead. "Okay, I'll go ask her if we can find out."

I smile. "Okay." He disappeared from the room and I looked around at the pictures of the babies on the wall. I'm having twins. Wow. I wonder what my mum will make of it, I mused as Owen entered the room. He picks me up in his arms and starts walking. My guess is that we can find out now.

My arms instantly go around his neck and I hug him close. "What do you reckon?" I asked quietly. "We have a baby girl, think she'll have a brother or a sister?"

"I'm not sure Lani-bear."

I pursed my lips in thought. The doctor gestured for me to lay down. "No fainting this time," she teased, applying the gel on my stomach. I smile and wait for her to say something more. "Okay, looks like we're having a..." she moved the scanner around for us to see and smiled. "A boy!"

I felt a grin spread across my lips. "A boy and a girl," I breathed out. I felt Owen hugging me and kissing my neck and cheek repeatedly. I wipe the gel off and hug him.

He squeezed me and breathed out. "A beautiful baby girl and a handsome boy," he murmured, chuckling.

I giggle. "Now another name."

He grinned. "Maybe we should get your mum involved this time?"

"Yes."

"Thank you," he nodded to the doctor and helped me up. We walked out to his car, one arm around my shoulder and the other touching my stomach lightly. I smile at that and he helps me into the car. We drove back to mine and he helped me out the car, up the porch steps and into the house.

"Mum!" I call.

"Hey, darling," she greeted us as she walked out the kitchen. "How was the appointment?"

"We have something to tell you." I say.

"Oh," she frowned. "Why doesn't that sound good?" She led us into the kitchen and sat us down. "What is it?"

"I'm having twins, mum. A boy and a girl."

She gasped and pulled me into a hug. "Oh, darling!" I wrap my arms around her and smile. "Congratulations, baby." She kissed my forehead and pulled Owen into a hug as well.

"Thanks, mum."

"Do you know what you are going to call him?" She asked softly, sitting down opposite me.

"No," I tell her. "Would you help us?"

She smiled. "Don't you two want to pick a name yourselves?"

"We want your help mum."

"If you're sure," she said softly, putting her hand on mine.

"I'm sure."

She kissed my forehead. "What sort of names have you been thinking of?"

"I dont have a clue."

"Owen, anything?" She looked at him and smiled.

He shakes his head. "Nope."

She chuckled and sat back. "Guess his will take longer than planned."

I bite my lip. "Guess so."

"Do you want to go for a double N name or something different?"

"Something different."

She nodded. "Sometimes, though, you see your baby and decide on a different name," she told me. "That's what I found out with you."

"Why? What were you going to call me?" I asked, looking at her and smiling.

"Madison." she tells me.

I smiled. "You just came up with Lani then when you saw me?"

"Yes, darling."

"Maybe we won't even call her Nicole," I told Owen, leaning into his arms.

"Maybe." I shrugged and looked up at the ceiling, hoping names would flood my mind. "Timmy, Collin, Eli, Andrew, and Matt." I say.

"I like Eli and Matt," Owen commented, smiling.

"Matt Eli Jennings?" I suggest biting my lip. I saw my mum smiling out of the corner of my eye, I turned to her and smiled. "What do you think?"

"I like it, I like it a lot."

She grinned. "What do you think, Owen?" I asked him, putting my hand on his thigh.

"I love it." he smiles.

His eyes flicked to my mum then back to me, biting his lip softly.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I say. "Owen help me upstairs?" He nods and helps me out of my chair and then up the stairs to the bathroom, where he waits outside. I come out a few minutes later. He smiled and pushed me against the wall, his lips finding mine instantly. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He grinned against my lips and tried to pull me closer. He pulls away and brings me into my room. I smiled up at him as he stroked my cheek. He sits me on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly as he met my gaze.

"Sitting you on your bed." he says.

"Mhm, I know that. But why?"

"So you dont have to stand."

I raised my eyebrow. "Okay?"

He kisses my forehead. "Lani-bear, all I did was sit you on your bed."

"What about my mum? We just left her down there..."

"The baby book is up here and I thought you guys would want to work on it."

I nodded. "Okay, sure." He hands it to me then carries me downstairs. "You know, I'm getting used to this, you might have to carry me everywhere," I told him as he placed me on the sofa.

He kisses my head. "The doctor told me it might get to the point where you'll have a hard time walking."

I smiled and pulled his head down for another kiss. "I know, but you won't be able to carry me everywhere, Owen. I was joking."

"Yeah, but you may need help getting around."

I pulled him down next to me. "Probably, but I'll just have to walk slowly. I'm not having you injure yourself because of me."

"I'm not going to injure myself. Lani-bear."

I kissed him. "You could if you try carrying me everywhere."

"I won't. I promise." I sighed, there was no getting through to him. I didn't want him to get hurt because of me. I can't stop him, no matter how hard I try. "Don't give me that look," he said softly, holding my chin between his fingers. He kisses my nose and puts and arm around me.

I leant into him and sighed. "I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me." He squeezed my sides and we let the conversation drop. We start working on the book. Owen started to hum, making me halt in my writing and listen to him. I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. His arm wrapped around me and he ran his fingers lightly up and down my arm. I smile to myself. this is really nice.

"I'm going to go out for a bit with your father," my mum said softly, making me open my eyes and look up at her. "We'll be back later tonight. There's some dinner in the fridge, you only have to re-heat it. Have fun, you two."

"Okay we will mum." She kissed my forehead and waved bye.

"What to do now?" Owen murmured, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"I'm not sure." I say and I feel a lot of kicking. "Ow!" Owen's hand instantly go to my stomach and rubs small circles. The kicking lessens but only a little bit.

Owen kissed my stomach. "She's eager," he said softly, chuckling.

"They both are." I smile.

He blinked and a grin spread across his face. "They both are," he repeated, kissing the tip of my nose.

"The kicking gets any worse it'll really hurt me."

He frowned. "Why didn't you tell the doctor that?"

“I didn't know they'd kick at the same time Owen." I say. "If It gets worse I promise to tell you."

He nodded. "You better, I'll drag you to the hospital if I have to," he said threateningly.

"I know you will." With a grin, he leant forward and kissed me softly. I snuggle up to him and wrap my arms around him.

He picked up the control and handed it to me. "Let's watch a film," he murmured, pulling me closer to him. I pick something and just keep close to Owen.

Time drags by slowly as Owen runs his hand through my hair soothingly, it made me wonder if he knew he was doing it. My eyes close and I find myself falling asleep. Owen shifted me so I was laying down on his lap. I smile at that and hold his hand.

"Goodnight," he murmured, kissing my forehead.

"Night." I say in barely a whisper.

~

When I cracked my eyes open a while later, it was dark and Owen was still running his hands down my spine. I don't move or open my eyes, on too comfortable.

Owen bent his head and kissed my cheek. "I love you, Lani-bear, so much," he murmured, obviously not knowing I'm awake. I don't want him to know I'm awake yet. I like this too much. I felt him sigh. "I don't want to lose you," he said softly. He strokes my hair. I felt my eyebrows furrow slightly. What did he mean about losing me? He wasn't going to. He will never lose me. Owen kissed my forehead before gently placing my head down on the sofa and standing up, where he started to pace. What's got him so riled up? I left my eyes open a crack so I could easily close them if he looked over. He sighed and tugged his hand through his hair before taking his phone out then putting it away again. I still dont want him to know I'm awake.

He sat down in front of the sofa and put his head in his hands. "Stupid," he muttered, hitting his forehead. I have an urge to reach out to him and tell him to stop, he's not stupid. Owen turned around and I snapped my eyes shut. I felt his hand stroke along my cheek softly. I wanted to grab his hand and kiss him, but I wanted to know what he was thinking. He thinks he's going to lose me. Why? Owen put his head on the sofa near my chest and sighed. I was tempted to put my hand through his hair but restrained myself.

"What do I have to do to keep you?"

Keep me? I'm his girl. I'm his fiancée. I tried to keep myself from frowning but it was hard. He ran his finger along my cheek and kissed me softly before sitting back again. I then pull him close to me.

"Are you awake?" He murmured, kissing my neck gently.

"Yes." I nod.

He winced. "Did you hear anything?" He asked, frowning.

"Hear anything?" I ask, pretending to be confused.

He sighed and smiled. "Nothing, Lani-bear."

"Okay." I pull him closer. He buried his face in my neck and sighed. "What’s wrong honey?" I ask.

"Nothing, Lani-bear," he said softly.

"Okay..." He kissed my neck and pulled back to look at me, he rubbed his thumb over my lip. I smile and pull him to me, kissing him. I sighed and rubbed his back.

"You alright Lani-bear?"

"Yeah, why would something be wrong?" I replied.

"Just wondering." I moved his hair away from his face and kissed his head.

"I love you,"

"I love you too." I smiled and squeezed his side. He grins and pulls me closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2K 11
Are you kidding me!!!! I'm roommates with a narcissistic, yet totally hot bad boy/player, seriously, can this get any worse? Wow! I should have kept...
5.3K 447 11
Хүн бүрийн амьдралд үлгэрийн баатартай учрах тохиол, өөрөө ч болох явдал тохиолддог. Харалган зангаасаа болж харахгүй байх нь бий... By: Bethuw
139K 2.7K 26
It's hot. It's new. It's sexy. Kristen Haynes has just moved to town of Macon in Georgia. She's one of those hot mess girls you would never associate...
7.2K 223 20
Historia Grant was always known as the odd one out. How she acted, how she learned, even her hair. She could finally live her own life after her scho...