Dirty Little Secret

By Justwriters

After years of friendship, Lani and Owen are pushed to the limits when life throws almost everything in their... More

Dirty Little Secret
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter twenty-Two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter twenty-Eight
Chapter twenty-Nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter thirty-Three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty

chapter forty-eight

5K 52 3
By Justwriters

When I walked back into my room, Owen was sitting on the desk chair still but he had his coat on his lap and a blank expression on his face. I could tell he was thinking. I know what's in the coat pocket... Oh God is he going to propose? He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, throwing his coat back to it's original spot at the end of my bed. I frowned, what was wrong with him?

"Owen? Is something wrong?" I ask concerned.

He jumped and turned to look at me, plastering a smile on his face. "I'm fine."

"No you're not. That’s not a real smile and you just threw your coat."

With a sigh he scratched his arm and looked out the window. "Nothing's wrong. I'm fine, just thinking."

"You dont seem like it."

He shook his head once and rubbed his forehead. "I'm peachy, don't worry."

"No you aren’t. I can tell."

"Please drop it, Lani-bear," he mumbled, lifting his gaze to mine.

I put my hands up. "Fine." Was the idea of proposing to me that stressful? I mused as I sat on my bed and watched him. He had to have been thinking of doing it now.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, finally breaking the silence and the blank look on his face.

"I dont know, we could work on the baby book, your part of it anyway."

He nodded and stood up. "Sure, come on then." I go to get up but fall back down onto the bed. "Whoa, you okay?" Owen stood by the bed and looked down at me, frowning. I nod. I'm going to have to get used to this.

Once I was on my feet, we headed downstairs to the living room. He grabs the book and hands it to me along with a pen. I sat down on the sofa with them and patted the spot next to me. Owen sits down and wraps his arm around me. We both looked down at the book and started to read. I write the name of the baby down and then mine and Owen's. The I turn the page and that’s the family tree, which we can work on later. The next page is about when the baby is born so I skip that one and go to the next. The next is about the parents. I smile, this we can work on.

"Okay, names," I said out loud, looking down at the book.

"My full name?" he asks.

"Yup." I smile.

"Shouldn't you know this?" He teased, poking the tip of my nose.

I roll my eyes jokingly. "Owen Edward Jennings."

He grinned and kissed me. "Glad you remember."

"Of course I do." I smile. "And mine, Lani Madison James."

He sighed and nuzzled his face in my neck. I felt my eyes widen when I heard him mutter, "Lani Madison Jennings." But I tried to act like I hadn't heard him. I write down our ages, then our birthdates. "What else do we have to answer?" He asked, putting his chin on my shoulder and looking down at the book.

"How we met."

He grinned. "It was so long ago," he said faintly, kissing my jaw.

"I know." I smile.

He moved his kisses along my jaw to my lips, pulling me against him. "I can imagine telling a six year old me that me and you would be together, how happy he would be," he said faintly, his eyes closed.

I smile and kiss the corner of his lips. "You loved me then?"

I saw his eyes widen and a small blush coloring his cheeks. "I, err, yeah," he cleared his throat and looked down.

"I wish I would've known." I tell him. "We wasted so many years just being friends when we could have been together."

He blinked a few times and looked at me. "What?"

"You heard me."

"But-" he began to stutter. "You wouldn't have wanted to.. be.. you know.. together back then.. would you?"

"Owen, I liked you more than you could ever know but it didn’t seem like you liked me at all so I didn’t do anything."

He pushed me so I was laying down on the sofa, he hovered over me and kissed me. "You should have said something," he murmured as he trailed his lips down my neck. "You seriously should have said something sooner."

"No, you should have." I say. "I found out you were with Erica and that hurt that you had been dating her behind my back." I could tell that bringing up Erica hurt him. He sat back and looked away, a frown tugging on his lips. "Owen, I'm sorry, I am but it just really hurts."

"I know, I'm really sorry," he said quietly, hanging his head and pulling his legs towards his chest.

I rub his back and put my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry too."

He turned his head to look at me. "I thought you would only look at me as a best friend that's why-" he looked down again and shook his head.

"You could have tried to ask me out or hinted at it."

He sighed and hit his head off his knees. "I should have, I feel stupid."

"You're not stupid, Owen."

He looked at me through his lashes. "I'm sorry."

I kiss his cheek. "Stop saying sorry."

"Sorry-" he hit his forehead. "Sorry." I hid my smile as he tried to apologize for saying sorry.

I kiss him softly. "Owen, I do have to say something though."

"Yeah, what's that?" He looked at me.

"Once Nicole is born, I'm not putting up with Erica's shit."

He gave me a small smile. "Glad to hear it."

"I'm completely serious Owen, I'm not dealing with her."

"I know you are, Lani-bear. I don't intend to either."

"Good."

He nodded and kissed my neck. "I'm sorry about everything."

"I know its not all your fault."

He snorted. "It's not all of my fault," he muttered. "But most of it is."

"Owen,"

"What?" He frowned.

"Stop, please."

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I'm being stupid."

"You're not being stupid." He shook his head and flopped back. I pull him close to me. "Something has obviously been on your mind all day, so talk to me."

He opened his mouth then shut it again. "Its nothing," he mumbled.

"It obviously isn’t."

"I can't say, not now," he murmured.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Don't worry, okay?" He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Let's finish this book."

"I cant just not worry, Owen." I tell him.

He kissed me and ran his fingers through my hair. "Try," he mumbled against my lips. "I promise everything is fine and will be okay." I nodded, not able to stop thinking about whether he's worrying about the proposal. Why cant he just do it already? I mentally sigh and kiss him back.

"Lani-bear.." Owen met my gaze and bit his lip. "I wanted to ask you something."

I felt my heart start thudding. "Y-yeah?" He takes a breath. "Yes?" I ask.

I can see something flash in his eyes. "Do you want to go out this weekend?" He asked.

I mentally frown. "Yeah, sure."

He gave me a small smile. "I'll be right back."

"Okay," I mumbled, sighing. Why couldn't he just ask? He knows I love him, he knows I want to be with him, how hard could it be? He comes back into the living room a few minutes later. "You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He shifts on the spot and gives me a small smile.

"Owen? What's going on?" He just smiles. "Owen, please?" He took a deep breath and knelt in front of me. My mind went into overdrive as I waited for him to speak. "Owen..."

"Please dont say anything, I need to do this." I nod and wait for him to continue. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my head so we were facing each other properly. "Lani-bear, I've known you a long time," he began, biting his lip.

"We've been best friends since we are little and now we're together and have a baby coming," I took a deep breath through my nose and tried to stop myself from blurting anything out. I cover my mouth with my hands. Owen stroked my cheek and looked between my eyes. "Lani-bear, will you..." he trailed off, sucking in a deep breath.

"Go on," I urged quietly.

"Lani-bear, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I beam. "Yes, I'll marry you."

A grin spread across his face. "Really?" He asked, sounding breathless. I nodded my head and pulled him into a hug. He wraps his arms tight around me and pulls back pulling something out of his pocket.

"What's that?" I ask.

He gave me a crooked smile. "Did you think I'd propose without a ring?"

"I know you better than that." I smile.

"I hope you like it," he murmured, opening the little black box and showing me the ring.

I put my hands over my mouth. "Its incredible Owen." I kiss his and he puts it on me.

He kissed me. "Lani Madison Jennings," he murmured against my lips, a smile playing on his lips.

I smile and kiss him back. "Sounds like we'll be a real family after all."

"Yes we will." He ran his fingertips along my jaw. "What did I do to deserve the two of you?" He asked quietly, his hand resting on my stomach.

I put my hand on his and smile. "We can hold her soon."

He grinned. "Come on, let's go celebrate," he said quietly, helping me up.

"And how exactly do you mean celebrate?" I ask.

"Well, we can't do anything major," he said, looking at my stomach with a smile. "But we could go out for dinner or something and celebrate properly when we don't have to worry about our little girl?"

I smile. "You're so sweet Owen. I love that idea."

"I do try," he winked and nudged me up the stairs. "Go get ready then, I'll pick you up in an hour."

I smile and kiss his cheek. "I'll see you in an hour." Then I head upstairs to get ready.

"Someone looks happy," my mum commented, appearing in my doorway and watching me dance around.

"I'm very happy." I walk over to her and show her my hand.

"Oh, darling!" My mum pulled me into a hug. "I'm so happy for you," she murmured against my hair.

"Thanks mum." I wrap my arms around her.

I heard a muffled sob. "My baby girl is growing up," she murmured.

I hold tight. "I'm always going to be your baby girl mum."

"You're having your own baby girl," she sniffed. "I'm going to be a grandmother." I bit my bottom lip, since she found out I was pregnant, we've rarely spoke so now she was getting it all out - and I felt bad she had to do it in one go.

I keep my arms around her. "I'm still you're baby girl."

She nodded her head and pulled away. "I'm sorry, I'm getting all emotional," she gave me a small smile. "I'll let you get ready."

"Its okay mum." I smile. "Want to help me? I have no idea what to wear."

She nodded and walked over to my closet. "Where are you going?"

"Out to dinner but I don't have a clue where."

"Okay," she smiled and picked out a dress I hadn't seen before. "What about this?"

"Yeah." I smile.

Once she handed it to me, she left the room. "Let me know when you're going."

"Okay." I take a shower and then finish getting ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 26.4K 19
Kristen Cortland has an enemy, and his name is Carter Morrison. He's your typical athletic hottie star quarterback of the football team, but he's als...
139K 2.7K 26
It's hot. It's new. It's sexy. Kristen Haynes has just moved to town of Macon in Georgia. She's one of those hot mess girls you would never associate...
5M 175K 53
Vivienne Petrovna has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet my...
7.3K 223 20
Historia Grant was always known as the odd one out. How she acted, how she learned, even her hair. She could finally live her own life after her scho...