fire and rain // forheadedrose

By forheadedrose

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt." Loosely based on the new FOX show, Lethal Weapon. More

1. Promotion
2. Dinner
3. Surf n' turf
4. Best buds
5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1
6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2
7. Spilt milk pt.1
8. Spilt milk pt.2
9. Laundromat
10. Work party
11. Lifes a picnic
12. Noise complaint
13. Magic
14. Julian pt.1
15. Julian pt.2
16. Sunset
17. Jack the ripper
18. Shotgun wedding
19. Inappropriate work behavior
20. Big flashlight store
21. Second chances
22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella
23. Babysitter
24. Prodigal son
25. The list
26. To elope or not to elope?
27. Carnival honeymoon
28. Backyard sunset
29. Family tree
30. Last goodbye
31. Adjustments
32. The necklace
33. Guess who's back, back again
34. Decoy pt.1
35. Decoy pt.2
36. Jingle Bell glock pt.1
37. Jingle bell glock pt.2
38. Bathtub conversations
39. Counseling
40. Baby names
41. Destroying Yourself
42. Baby blues
43. Dog tags
44. Falling down
45. Danger
46. Homecoming
47. Family
48. Junior Detectives
48. Lawmen pt.1
49. Lawmen pt.2
50. Lawmen pt.3
51. Relative(ly annoying)
52. Brotherly love pt.1
53. Brotherly love pt.2
54. Brotherly love pt.3
55. Details
56. Issues
57. Memory
58. Therapy
59. Too much
61. Goodbye my lover
62. What's left.
63. The same
64. "Yes ma'am."

60. One flight down

515 17 9
By forheadedrose

D E J A

"She tried to eat it." I said raising my eyebrows.

"Our daughter picked up a caterpillar, knowing fully that it wasn't food, and stuck it in her mouth." I said and Martin laughed, that cute little laugh where he would squint his eyes and smile really big.

I lightly smiled as I watched him laugh, we were in far different places and my whole body ached for him but this subsided the pain for awhile.

"So, any word on when your getting back here?" I asked, nervous for the answer.

His smile slightly widened, "Sooner than planned." He said and I smiled.

"Really? When?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, I get done the 12th, so I'll probably be home by the 15th--" The screen on my computer became staticky as I heard distant gunshots where my husband was.

"Martin? What's going on?" I asked as my smile disappeared completely.

He looked behind him as the noise grew louder, "I-I gotta go, babe, call m--" He spoke loudly before we were completely cut off from each other.

I sighed heavily, knowing he could be injured or even killed out there.

Danger started to stir in her sleep, I inhaled deeply as I slid back into my bed, it was in the middle of the night because it was one of the only times we could see each other.

I laid awake with Danger breathing softly as I glanced at the clock, 4:49 am.

My mind wouldn't turn off as I laid paralyzed with fear, thinking of two soldiers knocking on my door.

I barely even blinked as I ran through the worst possible scenarios with my vivid imagination could come up with.

I slightly jumped as I heard a knock on the front door, my heart raced slowly as I sat up and turned gently, my feet touching the cold wooden floors.

I stood up, my tired body moving in slow motion as I glanced at Danger who slept peacefully, she could sleep through anything.

I sighed before walking to the front door where someone knocked again, "Deja, you up yet? We gotta go." I heard Roger say and I sighed with relief as I unlocked the door and told him to come in quietly.

"Sorry, I-I-I didn't realize it was time to go to work." I said scrambling to make coffee, we've been carpooling since we live so close to each other, once again.

"Hey, did you get any sleep last night?" Roger asked as he gently held my arms, making me stop for a minute.

"I-I slept. But Martin-- he called at 4 this morning." I said before I sat on a stool beside our island.

"Is he alright?" He asked sitting next to me, facing me.

"He seemed good, he talked about how he thinks he might come home sooner than planned." I said slightly smiling.

"Well, that's good, isn't it?" He said in a cheery voice.

"But then there were gunshots and what sounded like bombs going off, and screaming and shouting and yelling-- there were so many gunshots and then it was cut off.." I explained getting all teary eyed.

"And I don't know--" I paused as I breathed deeply, "I don't know where he is or if he's okay or if he's even breathing right now." I slightly sobbed before covering my mouth.

Roger quickly wrapped his arms around me, capturing me in a warm embrace.

---

I sat at my desk, my mind elsewhere as I read through a file.

Every time my phone rang I was scared to see who it was, knowing that they could call me any minute with soul crushing news.

The whole work day went like this, me being out-of-it and jumpy, the whole day.

It wasn't until I was at home with my little miracle that I felt a little better, a little less scared.

We went through our day like we always do, I payed the nanny, we ate supper together and ate dessert before we went to the park and then back to our house for a bath and a movie.

As Danger watched one of her favorite movies that's she's watched well over 30 times since it came out, I washed dishes.

I couldn't help but cry as I thought about how much I missed my husband who was so far away from me.

I heard Danger talking loudly before laughing, I dried my hands before going into the living room to see her face lighting up as she held my phone in front of her face.

"Are you talking to grandpa?" I smiled as I leaned in the doorway.

She glanced at me and shook her head, "Daddy!" She spoke gleefully and my heart skipped a beat as I went and sat down to her quickly.

I looked at the screen and saw one of my favorite people, ever.

"Hey, baby." Martin smiled as he sat in a well lit building with lots of chairs in a row.

"Danger, uh, you go brush your teeth, ok?" I stammered and she pouted before getting off the couch and going to the nearest bathroom.

I covered my mouth as my eyes pooled with tears.

"Don't you ever do that to me again." I breathed, tears streaking my cheeks softly.

He smiled and slightly nodded, "I'm sorry I scared you, Dej."

I huffed before wiping under my eyes, "Just tell me you're coming home safe." I begged and hoped.

"I am." He said and my heart fluttered, "I took the soonest flight because I realized I can't go another day without seeing my girls." He said and I smiled widely.

His sweet voice and soft southern accent instantly soothing my jagged nerves.

"I can't wait to see you. When will your flight get in?" I asked excitedly.

"Tomorrow night. I've got one flight down and one more to go, and then I will be home-- for good." He promised me and I smiled widely.

"You have no idea how relieved I am that you're coming home." I breathed, "Danger is going to have a fit when she sees you." I smiled and he chuckled.

"I'll probably do the same." He joked lightly, "Oh, baby, I gotta go. My flight was just called, I'm boarding the plane home."

"Okay, okay. Just get home soon." I said and he gave me a slight nod, "I love you, Martin." I spoke on the verge of tears again

"I love you too, babe. Give Danger a kiss for me. And I will be giving you many kisses very soon." He promised me and I smiled before saying goodbye.

--

"Danger, please. Don't you want to look pretty when daddy comes back?" I asked her as I tried to tame her blonde mane.

I checked the clock to see we needed to pick up Martin in just twenty minutes at the airport.

I heard a knock on the door and sighed with relief because it was probably my family, even though I insisted we all just meet at the airport.

I left Danger for only a minute as I held the hairbrush in my right hand, I walked to the door and unlocked it.

I was faced with two fellow officers, both in uniform.

My smile faded as I realized something terrible had happened.

"Mrs. Riggs, there's been an accident involving your husband."

A/N :(((((

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 1K 13
Michael had a pretty face and Luke wanted to ruin him.
532K 10.6K 28
First series I wrote! I wanted to write this because there are only a few series of this topic that involves the 5SOS boys so enjoy! :)
7.1K 266 39
A 5SOS AU of sorts.
65.9K 3.8K 17
beware all who enter; you won't leave alive