Secret Angel

By anonymously_unknown_

Long ago, when Lilian was only a baby, a dying guardian angel came upon her. She bestowed Lily with her power... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 20
Chapter 21- Doctor's Appointment
Chapter 22- Suspicion
Chapter 23 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 24 - Full Moon
Chapter 25-Crazy Day
Chapter 26- First Step in Mating
Chapter 27- Love is in the air
Chapter 28- Beach Day
Chapter 29-Pretty Eventful Day
Chapter 30-Desperate times call for desperate measures
Chapter 31- Drews Perspective
Chapter 32- Answers and Miracles
Chapter 33- More questions
Chapter 34-Coming Home
Chapter 35- Progress
Chapter 36-Comforting Friends
Chapter 37- I have a plan
Chapter 38- His Reaction
Chapter 39-Changing Things
Chapter 40- The time has come
Chapter 41- Confrontation
Chapter 42-Hospital Drama
Chapter 43- True Feelings
Chapter 44- Unexpected things
Chapter 45- Losts and Support
Chapter 46- Late Afternoon
Chapter 47-Training
Chapter 48- The Big Date
Chapter 49- My Angel, My Protector
Chapter 50- Something fishy
Chapter 51-Relationship Goals
Chapter 52-What the...?
Chapter 53- Girl Power
Chapter 54- Strategy
Chapter 55- Rocky Waters
Chapter 56- Relationship Problems
Chapter 57- I need Drew
Chapter 58-My Hell
Chapter 59- Left with Our Thoughts
Chapter 60-Survival
Chapter 61-One Found
Chapter 62- Minor Setback
Chapter 63-Numb
Chapter 64-Desperation
Chapter 65- Let the Storm Come
Chapter 66-Too Late
fan art
Chapter 68-A Promise
Chapter 69-Process
Chapter 70-One Step Closer
Chapter 71-Blissful

Chapter 67-Hanging on by a Tread

7.3K 336 30
By anonymously_unknown_

Third Person's Pov:

5 minutes.

5 minutes of absolute hell.

5 minutes without a single heartbeat of Lily's.

Her organs were beginning to shut down, with the absence of blood flow.

Dr. Marcus had to get Lily's heart to beat fast, before she looses too much air in her brain, causing brain damage.

Drew, to say the least, felt his own heart not beat for five minutes, but that would be untrue. His heart may have only skipped a few beats, a small heart murmur, but nothing no werewolve speedy metabolism couldn't fix.

Drew was in the middle of a huge panic attack. It was as if he could feel Lily's soul leave her body and fade farther from him.

After many strong drugs were placed into Lily's blood stream, and 3 electric shocks, everyone was growing frantic.

It was incredibly hard for Drew to keep his composure.

Dr. Marcus was growing frustrated, so he ordered his team mates to increase the AED up by 50.

No human could withstand the shock, but Dr. Marcus knew that Lily was stronger than most and she was still in there.

"Clear!" He shouts.

Lily's body jolts as the pads were placed on her chest.

Everyone anxiously looked at the heart monitor, praying that her heart would beat once more.

It was a medical miracle.

Five seconds later, Lily's heart began to beat.

Everyone breathed a long sigh of relief, and a smile grew on each of their faces.

But it was all short lived.

They may have gotten her heartbeating again, but she was still bleeding out.

They were still 20 minutes from the nearest hospital, and so much had to be done.

One EMT put an oxygen mask over Lily's face, and gave her morphine for the pain.

While another applied gause to the bleeders, attempting to stop the bleeding.

They needed a CT done immediately, to find where she was bleeding.

Fluids were put into her system, managing to lure out the serum.

Drew's hand never managed to break from Lily's.

As soon as they reached the hospital, a whole surgical team waited outside.

As soon as Lily's stretcher was laid down on the ground, the medical team swarmed her; checking vitals, feeling and touching her to figure where her injuries were, all while Dr. Marcus updating them.

Unfortunately, Drew had to break away from Lily's side, by Nate and Jackson, giving the doctors full control.

Lily was rushed into the hospital, straight for tests and x-rays, leaving Drew alone again.

Drew had not calmed down, and was ready to explode.

He didn't know what to do.

All there was to do was wait, but even that seemed impossible.

--------

Hours later, Lily was still on the table.

Her body kept experiencing symptoms of overdose.

One minute her skin was ice, so the surgical nurses had to wrap heat blankets over her arms and legs. Another minute, she was sweating; nurses would have to switch out the heat blankets for towels wrapped in ice.

Her stomach was already cleaned out of the poison, and the surgeons began to plug the bleeders.

Around the time they had caught the second bleeder, Stacey arrived at the hospital.

Drew had stopped his pacing and sat in the waiting room, crouched over.

"Drew!" She yelled, running to his side.

Drew raised his head with a sad smile and embraced his sister.

"I just heard. How is she doing?" Stacey asked, frantically, while kissing Leo's cheek in welcoming.

"On and off. They keep on saying it's a miracle she has made it this far, but it's doing more harm." Drew replied.

Stacey nodded, and sat next to her brother.

"Its gonna be okay." She reassured him, holding his hand.

He signed, but didn't reply, and sat back in his chair.

---------

2 hours later, Parker came in holding a bleeding Alex.

Alex was somewhat conscious, but looked as if he chugged an entire bottle of tequila.

"Oh my god!" Stacey gasped.

"I'm okay." Alex insisted, but groaned.

"You need stitches and an x-ray. What happened?" Stacey, no doubt, playing the concerned mate for Peyton.

"I'm fine-e-e-e." Alex drawed out.

"Don't worry. We are only waiting for the doctor. I called Payton and she is on her way over." Parker said, awfully proud of himself.

As Parker left Alex with the doctor, Drew came up to him.

"Did you catch him?" Drew asked with a snarl.

"No." Parker said defeated. He didn't like letting down his Alpha, and close friend.

"WHAT!?" Drew yelled.

Parker shrieked, but held his ground.

"He was too fast, I lost him in the woods." He explained.

"He could be all the way to the border by now Parker!" Drew seethed.

Everyone in the waiting room could hear Drews protests.

"I know. When I lost him, I had our best trackers, pick up where I left off." Parker further explained.

"Did they find anything?" Drew asked angrily.

Stacey came into the conversation, putting a gentle hand on Drew's arm, which he immediately shrugged, only wanting Lily's touch.

Parker looked down at his feet, unable to look Drew in the eyes, "No."

Drew growled very loudly, and was trying his very hardest to not beat Parker's ass.

"Drew, we found Lily. Today is a victory. We can catch Scott another day, but today you need to concentrate on Lily's health, not Scott's whereabouts." Stacey said, trying to reason with him.

It only calmed down Drew's wolf a little but, before he sighed in defeat, leaving Parker and Stacey's side.

-------

Approximately 1 hour later, Payton came charging into the waiting room, finding Alex all stitched and gauzed up.

"Alex!" She said, almost in a panic.

Alex had lost a good amount of blood, but seemed to be doing just fine, when Peyton showed.

Little did anyone else know, that Peyton was more angry than worried. Alex immediately caught her drift.

They collided into a hug, before Peyton started whispering in his ear, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Alex said, trying to sound like he was in deep trouble.

He knew that Peyton hated being out of the werewolve link, saying she'd rather be like him, so they would never be separated. 

Peyton sighed in defeated, reasoning with herself that it wasn't all about herself; it was about Lily's health.

"How is she?" She asked instead.

"Still kicking." Alex answered, not wanting to give a totally draft answer in front of Drew.

---------

After 18 hours of surgery, the leading surgeon came into the waiting room.

All of Lily's loved ones stood, as Drew approached him.

"She has been though alot." The surgeon began, taking off his cap, with a blank face. "We had to take out her appendix, it was inflamed, we assumed it's from the bacteria from where she was kept. While the dissection was being disected, another surgeon found and patched up all of the bleeders in her intestines." The surgeon paused, waiting for everyone to take it in, but Dree onoy wanted him to explain faster. Thr surgeon continued, "With her extreme case of overdose, there was little to do, but help her body maintain stability. In normal cases it is too late for us to treat an overdose in time, but it seems with your mate, we made it just in time. We washed out her stomach to relieve the toxins. You see, in overdoses it affects a person's chest cavity the most. Her heart seemed to have a fast pulse, but our concern was her lungs. Her lungs could not keep up with her heart. This gives us plenty of reason to believe that is why her heart stopped. During surgery, her breathing became unsteady; her epiglottis was swelling and closing her airway. We placed a trach down her throat to help her breathing." The surgeon took another breath, almost not believing in what he himself was saying. "Our extreme worry is her brain. She was down for five whole minutes, meaning oxygen could not get up into her brain. Along with that, she experienced extreme trauma to her frontal lobe during her kidnapping. We will not know her state of mind or  if there was significant damage until she wakes."

"So she is alive!?" Drew asked, desperately.

"Yes." Dr. Marcus replied, coming up next to the lead surgeon.

"When will she be awake?" He asked.

"Soon, she is still sedated, but should wake in the next 8 hours if your lucky." He replied.

"Can I see her?" Drew asked.

"Of course." Dr. Marcus replied, but looked over his shoulder at his friends. "But only you for now."

They all nodded their heads, and sat back down in their seats, while Dr. Marcus led him back to the ICU.

There Lily was. Cleaned of blood, dirt and grease, almost looking the same as before she left, except she looked drained of energy and muscle.

Weak.

There was a trach tube down her throat, helping her breath.

Dr. Marcus left without a word, as Drew ran to Lily's side, gently grasping her hand.

"I'm so sorry." He said, as tears dripped down his face.

He ever so gracefully kissed her forehead.

"I'm so sorry." He repeated, as he wept over Lily's damaged body.

************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 19.4K 21
Tessa Parker is on the run. She has the strength and speed that is greater than any werewolf even an Alpha. She is a Guardian Wolf. Once respected pr...
195 32 32
Lily's been through a lot. Her 16th birthday was a night to forget. There's a coven plotting something big and she is stuck in some prophecy that she...
43.5K 2.7K 47
In a world where all different creatures roam openly. There is only one rule that holds true. Stay true to your kind. A simple rule to those who we...
464 25 44
Luna, a beauty, a beast all in one. Left to fend for herself. Born to a vampire. Considered a human. However, neither vampire nor human. Not everythi...