Because I Met You

By Hiroakki

Kiu, a girl who has lost all her memory, ends up in the Sand Village where she is taken in by Mari's family... More

Chapter 1: The Red-Haired Boy
Chapter 2: No Home
Chapter 3: I'll Never Leave You
Chapter 4: Gaara's Siblings
Chapter 5: If I Hadn't Met You
Chapter 6: Gaara's Father
Chapter 7: First Day
Chapter 8: Lost Friendship
Chapter 9: Comrades
Chapter 10: At the End of a School Day
Chapter 11: Us Three
Chapter 12: Tests
Chapter 13: The First Test
Chapter 14: Second Test
Chapter 15: Final Test
Chapter 16: Celebration
Chapter 17: Weapon Training
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Finals
Chapter 20: The Squads
Chapter 21: Team Otokaze
Chapter 22: The Hard Truth
Chapter 23: The Real Deal
Chapter 24: Suicide Mission
Chapter 25: No Longer a Child's Dream
Chapter 26: Reunited
Chapter 27: Konohagakure no Sato
Chapter 28: I'll End Up Betraying Them
Chapter 29: Written Exam
Chapter 30: Ichiraku Ramen
Chapter 31: Rivalry
Chapter 32: Rules
Chapter 33: Confrontation in the Forest of Death
Chapter 34: Unwanted Distraction
Chapter 35: Thank You
Chapter 36: The True Reason
Chapter 37: Preliminaries Part 1
Chapter 38: Preliminaries Part 2
Chapter 39: Preliminaries Part 3
Chapter 40: Preliminaries Part 4
Chapter 42: Preliminaries Part 6
Chapter 43: Preliminaries Part 7
Chapter 44: The Hidden Corpse
Chapter 45: Inner Turmoil
Chapter 46: No Hesitations
Chapter 47: What Really Matters
Chapter 48: Secrets
Chapter 49: First of Many
Chapter 50: Trance
Chapter 51: More than a Friend
Chapter 52: A Plan in Motion
Chapter 53: The Kyushi Clan
Chapter 54: Memories
Chapter 55: The Path to Revenge
Chapter 56: Koji and Mari
Chapter 57: Decision
Chapter 58: Apologies and Epiphany
Chapter 59: Betrayal
Chapter 60: Mystery of the Stolen Ceramics Part 1
Chapter 61: Mystery of the Stolen Ceramics Part 2
Chapter 62: Trusted Teammate
Chapter 63: Impatiently Waiting
Chapter 64: Final Decision
Chapter 65: Exploration
Chapter 66: Correspondence

Chapter 41: Preliminaries Part 5

1.3K 49 10
By Hiroakki

"Due to the opponent being knocked out... The winner is Nara Shikamaru."

That guy with the pineapple hair sure is smart. He planned everything to position the girl so that he could use his shadow possession jutsu to knock her out with the wall behind her. He did all that while looking extremely bored.

The proctor coughs again as the names start scrolling on the display screen. They then stop.

"The next match will be... Jun vs Kinuta Dosu. Please make your way down here."

I actually want Jun's ass to be beaten here... Then again, that Dosu guy is the one that attacked that Kabuto guy a while back. They're both just as bad as one another. I don't even feel like watching this. I look away and sigh.

"Begin."

I look back on the match and see Dosu jumping at Jun. It looks like the device on his arm is charging up. Jun then puts his hands on the ground and brings up a stone wall, which Dosu blows to bits after flicking the strange device. Using the rubble as a distraction, Jun lands a devastating uppercut to his opponent, sending him flying upwards. He then picks up the bigger pieces of rubble and throws them with full strength at Dosu's flying body which ultimately knocks him out on his way down to the ground. Yeah, Jun's been really known for his over the average strength. That guy's a mountain. He's got massive muscles.

"The winner of the match... is Jun."

That takes care of this match...

"Next round will be... Uzumaki Naruto vs Inuzuka Kiba."

Naruto! It's finally his turn! I can't wait to see what he's capable of.

"Yes! It's here! It's here! Finally! It's about time!"

He's so excited about it. He must've been impatiently waiting for this.

"Hahaha! Lucky! We can definitely beat him, Akamaru!"

Oh so Inuzuka Kiba is that guy with the dog. I wonder why he's saying that about Naruto. Is he known to not be too good at fighting? I'll root for Naruto anyways, though.

They both stand facing each other down in the arena.

"Hahaha! It's like we've already won! Right, Akamaru?"

"Shut the hell up! Hey Kiba, don't bring a puppy! It's in the way."

They're both so loud... And the dog is barking too. I'm already predicting this will be the loudest and possibly flashiest match.

"Idiot! Akamaru's fighting with me."

Naruto looks at the proctor while pointing at Kiba.

"Hey, hey! Is that alright?!"

"Yes. Animals and bugs are the same as ninja tools. There's no problem."

Fighting with a dog, huh. That's almost as unique as fighting with bugs. I wonder what kind of techniques Kiba will be using with his puppy.

"Heh. That's fine. You need the help."

I giggle at his statement.

"Hah, acting all tough. Then I'll do this... Akamaru, you stay out of it. I'll fight alone."

They're just both using childish ways to provoke each other at this point.

"Naruto! Don't lose to him!"

Sakura shouts. Oh! She's regained consciousness. I just noticed that.

"Please begin!"

The proctor makes way for them to start fighting. Immediately, Kiba makes a hand-sign and gets down on all fours. His nails get longer, almost fang-like. He then leaps with high speed at Naruto, sending him crashing into the wall.

"He won't be opening his eyes for a while, referee."

Kiba says smugly. That can't be it! Come on!

"Man, he's weak..."

Kankuro mumbles. Is he really going to fall after one blow without even doing anything? Kiba's turned his back completely to Naruto. He really does believe that Naruto's completely knocked out. But he's not! He's getting up!

"What?!"

Kiba has his head turned towards Naruto now. He really didn't expect that, did he?

"Don't underestimate me!"

His eyes are full of determination. I grin at his resolve. Now I'm totally rooting for him! He has to win this!

"Go! Naruto!"

Sakura cheers. I'm so tempted to cheer with her, but that's... I don't feel that I have the right, considering what Sunagakure is planning to do.

"Saying that as you bleed?! Stop acting tough!"

Kiba's dog, Akamaru, barks in response to his master.

"I let you hit me to test your strength."

Naruto's full on provoking him right now.

"You should stop acting tough too. Use your dog or whatever."

Kiba frowns in rage.

"You'll regret that!"

He then starts running towards Naruto, Akamaru in tow.

"Let's go, Akamaru!"

Akamaru barks once again in response. Kiba then throws smoke bombs, enveloping the area in a thick smoke. I can't see anything that's going on. All I can hear is Naruto getting beaten up. He probably can't see anything in there either. How come Kiba's hitting him, though? Is it that weird transformation he went through earlier? Maybe it elevated his senses. Maybe, like a dog, he's able to smell where Naruto is.

Naruto then reappears from the fog, but Akamaru attacks him, forcing him back in. Kiba then gets out of the fog and waits for it to be over. The fog then dissipates and reveals a knocked out Naruto and a barking Akamaru. Akamaru then runs to his master.

"Haha! Yes! Great job! You did it Aka-"

Then the unexpected happens. The dog bites Kiba's arm! In a poof, 'Akamaru' transforms into Naruto.

"You fell for it!"

"You! With Transformation jutsu!"

That was such a good transformation that I couldn't even tell it wasn't the dog!

"Damn it! I wasn't paying attention! Where's Akamaru?!"

Naruto then stopped biting Kiba's arm and started making gagging sounds.

"You stink of dog!"

A clone of Naruto then appears holding Akamaru by the front legs.

"Akamaru!"

That's a shadow clone! He's so much better than I expected.

"He has good timing with his jutsu."

Temari notices.

"He's better than I thought."

Kankuro states. I glance at Gaara and notice a small smile at the corner of his mouth. He was also secretly rooting for Naruto. Kiba finally looks serious now. He throws what looks like a food pill into Akamaru's mouth. Almost instantly after swallowing it, Akamaru starts growling and getting bigger. His fur also reddens and he manages to get out of Naruto's grasp.

"What did you feed him?!"

Kiba then also munches on one of those pills and crouches, forming the same seal as before. Akamaru then stands on Kiba's back.

"Here we go, Akamaru!"

Smoke surrounds the dog and his master.

"Beast Human Bunshin!"

Wait! Two voices are saying that! As the smoke dissipates, there are... two Kibas? They somehow look a bit more beastly, though. The one on top is Akamaru! There's such a jutsu? A jutsu that transforms an animal into a beast human, and a human into a human beast? I can't help but feel amazed at it.

"His eyes are scary! He took some weird medicine! Isn't that doping? Is that allowed?"

Naruto looks at the proctor, waiting for a response.

"Yes, the soldier pill is a ninja tool."

"That's all you say!"

So it's a soldier pill that he and Akamaru ate. It's must've been a special kind. The two Kibas jump up and land a downward attack, which Naruto barely dodges. The impact is so strong that it cracks some of the ground. The two continue attacking Naruto, who tries to dodge as best as he can. Inevitably though, he gets hit quite a few times. He's bleeding all over... They're way too fast and powerful to continuously dodge. Kiba and Akamaru then get behind Naruto and twist themselves.

"Take this! Fang over Fang!"

They then spin at extremely high speed and drill into Naruto. I reach for Gaara's hand, squeezing it in mine. I don't want to see Naruto getting beaten up like this! Gaara squeezes my hand back to reassure me.

After Kiba and Akamaru are done, they jump away, leaving Naruto a bloody mess on the crackled floor. He coughs out blood. He mumbles a few things which cause Kiba to laugh at him.

"You? Become Hokage?! Even though you're weaker than me?! You don't actually think you can become Hokage! If you want a Hokage, I'll become one!"

Kiba keeps ridiculing him. So... Naruto's dream is to become Hokage.

"Get up Naruto!"

Sakura screams at him. Gathering up what strength he has left, Naruto gets up. He then grins at Kiba.

"If you're gonna compete with me for the Hokage name, I'm gonna whip you like a dog."

Kiba then points at Naruto.

"Hey! Do you ever give it a rest?! Akamaru, let's do it!"

Both him and Akamaru run at Naruto for another attack. They're preparing another Fang over Fang! Naruto gets hit with it again! Kiba pulls back for another attack. Naruto, regaining his balance prepares to make a hand-sign. What's he going to do?!

"Transform!"

He transformed into Kiba! Now there're three of them. That's just getting way too confusing...

"So that's your plan... But... I'll warn you about something. I wasn't focusing and didn't notice that last time, but... Transformation won't work anymore!"

Kiba then, without hesitation, punches one of the Kibas.

"You smell... Don't underestimate our noses, Naruto!"

So that theory is confirmed. He does have the nose of a dog now. The Kiba sprawled on the ground then transforms back to... Akamaru! What? Did he not smell it wrong? Kiba looks just as confused as everyone else.

"Damn it! What the hell?! Then you're Naruto!"

He then punches the other Kiba as well who's sent rolling on the ground. He then transforms into... another Akamaru! What is going on?! The first Akamaru then gets up and transforms into Naruto, who then catches Kiba off guard and kicks him straight in the face. I see! Kiba got it right the first time, but Naruto wanted him to believe that he didn't! That's why he transformed himself into Akamaru, instead of letting himself transform back into Naruto. Clever!

"Think before using a jutsu or it will get used against you! And also... don't fall for such obvious traps, idiot!"

Kiba looks really angry right now. He then bites his hand, taking deep breaths. I guess that's his way of calming himself down?

"So you're finally serious, Kiba? Then with my new special technique, I'm going to end things!"

Naruto starts making a hand-sign.

"I don't know what kind of special technique it is, but I won't just give you a chance to do it!"

Kiba then throws a bunch of shuriken at Naruto, who manages to dodge all of them somehow. Naruto then focuses again to use his jutsu when Kiba manages to swiftly go behind him, preparing for a powerful decisive attack.

"Eat this!"

There was then a fart noise. Wait... a fart noise? Did he seriously...? No...

Kiba screams while covering his nose. He did... He farted in his opponent's face! And considering how strong Kiba's sense of smell is right now, it must be really painful.

"Naruto! Now's your chance!"

Sakura keeps cheering him on. That's a good teammate for you.

"Damn it! I clenched too hard! But now I'll do my new technique! Shadow clone jutsu!"

Naruto summons four shadow clones.

"I'm going to return the pain you gave me all at once!"

The four clones surround Kiba and hit him up in the air while the real Naruto jumps high up above Kiba's face. He then lands a powerful downward kick that causes Kiba to face-plant into the ground and cough out blood from the impact. Kiba then lies there, motionless.

The proctor goes to examine him, to make sure he's completely unconscious.

"Winner! Uzumaki Naruto!"

He did it! He actually did it! It takes all of my willpower to stop myself from cheering. That was such an interesting battle. I can't wait to see who's up next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 20 13
A cliché love story following the so called "antagonistic" Gaara who's the leader of a group called "the red sand" a group of delinquents who cause n...
18.8K 593 26
[Book 1 of the Unexpected Series] Kokoro Hatake had a lot to bare and a lot to live up to. Her grandfather had abandoned a mission, tainting the Hata...
153K 4.8K 33
I do not own Naruto nor their characters, only a few characters I own which you'll stumble upon in the story. 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 A girl(...
375K 10.2K 31
Y/N is a young talented Kunoichi. She is adored by all of her friends and she is very friendly. One day, she meets a red haired boy whom she know as...