The Flat Friends (ROOM MATES...

By SleepingWithKirito

Imagine a world with no mistakes...or rather, a world that doesnt allow them. Lucy Heartfilia wakes up two ye... More

Chapter 1 - Lucy's Second First Day
Chapter 2 - old friends, new friends.
Chapter 3 - Natsu Dragneel
Chapter 4 - No mistakes here, my love
Chapter 5 - replay
Chapter 5.5 - failing attempts
Chapter 6 - investigations
Chapter 8 - new people, old faces
Chapter 9 - the fairy hunter
Chapter 10 - secrets
Chapter 11 - photograph
Chapter 12 - mistakes
Chapter 13 - a new hope
Chapter 14 - it went a little like this
chapter 15 - unexpected expecations
Chapter 16 - a waterslide of emotions
Chapter 17 - the world as we know it
chapter 18 - the after effects
chapter 19 ~ leave the city
chapter 20 - missed again
chapter 21 ~ knock knock knockin
chapter 22 ~ history rewrites

Chapter 7 - hope

2.5K 91 25
By SleepingWithKirito

The girl wiped the tears from her eyes at the sight of the floating piece of paper falling ahead of her. The bluryness leaving her vision just in time for the little square of paper to hit the ground infront. She picked it up and flipped it over.

The gleaming sheen of the paper Polaroid picture flickered as the girls fingers pressed tightly together - creasing the image ever so slightly. She stared at it in shock. Her thumb turned white at the pressure of her squeezing.

"Oh my god..." a quiet whisper escaped her lips, face still ridden with streaks of wet tears. Oh my god!" She jumped up, a smile erupting across her face as she pumped her hand into the air.

"This is it! This is my ticket out!"

She examined the photograph. A photograph of her and Natsu - the day they went the the waterpark - the day he asked her to be his girlfriend - one of the best days of her life. But how the hell did it get here? (A/N: Like the image at the top) She looked up to where it fell from, but the only thing around her was her wardrobe and it didnt fall from there... either way, how the hell did it get here if technically her and that Natsu didn't even exist...

"Im actually not crazy." She mumbled to herself, eyes boring at the image like it would disappear if it left her sight. "It was real. My life was real."

She flopped backwards onto her made bed, though really, it had no bedding on as she'd technically just moved in. She held the polaroid above her head, smiling.

If she could find a way to persuade Natsu of what happened using this picture, maybe this could work out afterall. She sat back up, legs falling down the edge of the bed as she opened the drawer of her bedside table and slid the image in.

This may be her only chance.

-

Today was the first day Lucy had actually lived out since the loops started. She'd never gone further than a day, never even slept a night. That reminded her, as a yawn found itself in her throat, she hadnt slept in god knows how long.

After finding the photo, she left her bedroom, trying to act her most normal toward Natsu, but she was nearly certain he heard her have her little breakdown. He avoided eye contact with her, and she did the same. She didnt want to make things awkward on their first day knowing eachother - and talking to him with pink, swollen and puffy eyes certainly wouldn't help ease the friendship. So she got on with her evening, offering him a quick goodnight as she took refuge in her room.

"Oh, g-goodnight Lucy." He replied, sending a quick smile her way before relocating them back on the tv. He was watching her favourite movie, the maze runner - they'd watched it together once, in her room back at Mavis and Zeref's house. That was a great night, she sighed.

Just as her hand touched the doors knob, his stuttering voiced caused her to holt her actions.

"D-do you maybe wanna watch the rest of this movie with me?" He asked, she could see a light pink dusting his tanned cheeks but she pulled her eyes away and focused on the floor.

If she was honest, she wanted to run up and jump to the space beside Natsu as they cuddled and watch the rest of the movie, but she was simply way to exhausted and needed it clear her head.

She locked her puffy eyes with his as a tired smile danced across her lips.

"Thanks Natsu, I'd really love to but I'm really tired from moving in today. Its been a long day." He nodded at her response, his smile faltering just the slightest before brightening into his signature grin - oh how she's missed that heart crushing grin.

"Well I hope you feel better, see you tomorrow."

With that, Lucy nodded and entered her bedroom. Her walls were tinted with a warm yellow at the fairylights she'd earlier put up. She made her bed, putting on the fresh bedding Mavis had washed the day before, slipped on her pajamas and got under the covers.

Her first night, her first day at university over. And finally something was different.

-

The next morning Lucy woke up with a groan. Her head banged as a screeching beep chorused through her brain. The poor blonde smacked her hand to her bedside table in attempts of turning off her alarm clock, forgetting that technically she didnt even own an alarm clock... yet - seen as she bought one at least a week into university last time. Her eyes peeled open as she leaned over to the table and pressed the snooze button on her phone - she noted to herself to chance her alarm tone later, dying animal was not the sound she wanted to wake up to in the morning.

Lucy rolled onto her back, staring at the blank, white ceiling as her memories re-flooded into her mind. She hadn't met anyone besides Mira, Levy and Natsu, and she has no idea how the others were going to act around her. Especially since Natsu and Levy were so different... who knows how the others will act. Her eyes flickered to the drawer besides her as she remembered the polaroid she found yesterday. Opening the drawer, she let out a breath when the picture was still there. She definitley wasnt imagining it...

She closed the drawer.

That would have to wait for later, if she didnt move right now she was going to be late for lunch!

Just like last time, Levy had invited her to lunch with some of her friends - but not without a grouchy face and a shove from Mira. Lucy could only assume it would be just like last time, she would meet Erza, Gray and all the others. She couldnt help but feel excited.

Lucy skipped to her wardrobe, picking out an outfit she felt cute in and throwing it on. She slid a pair of kneehigh socks up her long, pale legs before tying the outfit together with a pair of trainers. Quickly, she tied her hair into a messy bun, pulling down a few strands at the side and her look was complete. She smiled as she turned to the mirror - she never realised how much her style had changed since she started uni, but now, with only a wardrobe full of her 'old' clothes, she had to learn to re-embrace it.

With that, lucy left her room and headed to the kitchen.

"O-oh, Morning!" Called the husky voice of a tired teenager, Lucy locked eyes with the boy sat at the kitchen counter munching on a granola bar. She couldnt help but chuckle; he loved granola bars.

"Morning Natsu, sleep well?" She asked, initiating a conversation as she flipped the switch on the kettle, in need for a coffee.

"Yeah I did actually, you?" The girl nodded as she grabbed a mug from a cupboard and the coffee from another. The boy watched her, amused by her immediate knowledge on where everything was. Maybe she had had a look around earlier?

Lucy simply smiled at Natsu's prying eyes, noticing she migh have been finding her way around a little too easily. She eventually made herself a well needed coffee, before sitting across from Natsu at the table.

"So, have you just enrolled here too?" The girl asked, obviously already knowing the answer but a little bonding wouldn't hurt.

"Nah I've just c-changed dorm rooms, I've been here nearly a year already." He smiled, a nervous glint in his eye from the one on one conversation but Lucy ignored it.

"Oh I see, so you have loads of friends here?" She digged, looking him in the eye as she sipped her steaming coffee.

"Well yeah I guess," he replied, taking the last bite of his granola bar and scrunching the wrapper in his palm. "Hey I know, y-you should come have lunch with us today! We're meeting at-" he looked down at his watch and his eyes widened. "Crap! I-I'm already late! Oh man these guys are gonna be so mad at me!"

"I would totally love to come but I'm meeting up with some friends for lunch already..." I spoked as I watched the boy jump from his seat and dust of any remaining granola crumbs from his pants. "Well, I say friends but I've only known them a day..." I continued, watching him as he flitted around for his keys and phone. "You might know them, Mira and Levy?"

The blonde obviously knew the boy knew them, but she couldn't help a smile fall on her face when he froze in his position and looked up at her.

"Oh no way! They're who I'm meeting up with right now, so you're coming too?"

"Yeah! We should probably leave seen as we're already late." I said, smiling as the boys eyes widened again at noticing he nearly forgot he was late again.

"Great, then lets go!"

-♡-

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The story line is slowly coming together so in the next few chapters hopefully you guys will find it a bit more exciting ^3^
Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5.8K 20
[COMPLETED] When Lucy Heartfilia, a confident Celestial Wizard, is completely dumped from her beloved 'Team Natsu' and replaced by Lisanna, Natsu's f...
281K 1.9K 7
《 UNDER REVISION 》 Natsu Dragneel found himself in the guild's basement; full of bruises and injuries, and to his horror, bound by sealing magic chai...
15K 300 20
Lucy Heartfilia is an 18 year old attending her freshman year in college at Fairy Tail University. After being homeschooled her whole life, she's exc...
18.5K 310 12
Natsu and Lucy are in love with each other, but fail to realize their feelings. This all changes when one of the best friends, Lucy, has a dream. The...