Thanatos: The Blue Dawn

By Devita33

*COMPLETED* (Book #2 in the DAWN series) #19 in Fantasy Aurora Venerelli, the new goddess-to-be in Olympus... More

Prologue
(1)Slipping into Cerulean
(2)Cyan Flavoured Desire
(3)Stirred and Viridian-filled
(4)Trickery in Teal
(5)With Navy Nuance
(6)Drowning Deeper in Blue
(7)Sapphire Surrealism
(8)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(8.2)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(9)Olympian Blue
(10)A Mask of Cobalt
(11)Indigo Heat
(12)Blueberry Clouds
(13)Turquoise Family Tapestry
(14)Spindrift Blue Barracades
(15)Azure Nights
(16)Even-handed Aqua
(17)Breaking the Ice
(18)Steely and Arctic Tactics
(19)Deep Sea Dreaming
(20)Amidst Blue Flames
(22)Powder Blue Blaze
(23)A Sea of Lavender and Ash
(24)Aquamarine Haven
(25)Zaffre Dagger
(26)Aurora Borealis
(27)My Tavernier Diamond
(28)Opal Pardon
(29)Whole Cerulean Hearts
(30)Bleu de France (Part 1)
(30)Bleu de France (Part 2)
(31)Path of Midnight-Blue
(32)Hell is a Forgotten Blue
(33)Moonstone Delights
(34)Denim, Deities and Departures
(35)Ultramarine
(36)Under a Navy sky
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 1)
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 2)
(38)The Royal Blue Treatment
(39)Capri Bonds
(40)Blue-bathed Revelations
(41)The Glaucous Corrosion
(42)Hyacintho Daemonium
(43)A Tanzanite Throne for my legacy
(44)Confessions of the Night sky
(45)Blue dusk
Epilogue
Azurian Threads- The Tales Book
Book Three
White Dawn

(21)Lapis Lazuli Souls

23.4K 1.2K 387
By Devita33

Just a quick note- there seems to be some confusion with regards to whether or not Aurora and Thanatos actually did have sex or if he did enter her and the answer is no.

If you read carefully he never had the chance to. Some nasty explosion stopped them (^.*)

And now onto the aftermath....

'Our souls were born together, but time ripped us apart, but now I have you and you have me; and nothing can change that...'

Lapis Lazuli Souls

Thanatos immediately sprang back and grabbed my leg to pull me off of the bed. I grabbed the ring from my finger and threw it across the room and through the thick fog. We heard as it hit the opposite wall with a clang.

"What the fuck was that?"

Thanatos screamed loudly in anger; "A sensor mist! A fucking sensor mist! Zeus all mighty, Hera is such a- AH!" He suddenly picked up a vase from the table next to him and smashed it onto the floor. I yelped and dodged the pieces. Just then, a portal opened up in the foggy centre.

I quickly grabbed the sheets and wrapped myself as a flush of red ran to my cheeks.

Hermes stepped out with his golden winged boots and gold staff. I cringed at the scene. I was wrapped in a sheet; my cheeks red and my body slick from sweat. Thanatos was fuming beside me- his naked body on clear display; including his arousal. His muscled chest rippled as he breathed in hard and with considerable effort to keep himself from ripping up the god in front of him.

Thanatos was clenching his teeth and his jaw was locked making his words come out like a snarl; "Leave."

Hermes tried to avoid looking down as he chuckled nervously and tapped his staff against his head; "Sorry for the interruption, but um... Well, I'm sure you know why I'm here."

"Get. Out." Thanatos was livid.

I looked back and forth between the two gods until Hermes cleared his throat and said; "Of course. Just don't um...do it again, alright?"

"Hermes, would you like to see what your brain splattered across that wall would look like?" Thanatos asked with so much menace it even made me step back in fear.

Hermes tugged his helmet down and gulped loudly.

"Wait, what's going on?" I asked in anger as Thanatos only glared. Hermes smiled fearfully and swiftly took a step back into the portal.

"Well, you see dear- your virtue ring is linked to me. Hera wanted to doubly ensure your um... safety. A sensory mist is released whenever- um...well, you know... If you get too close to foiling the plan. Oh, and you might want to put the ring back on- it sends out a loud screeching noise if it's off of your finger for more than five minutes."

Thanatos moved towards Hermes with clenched fists and murder in his eyes. The young god yelped and fell back into the portal. Quickly it disappeared into the air and I was left with my mouth hanging open.

"Hera... that... bitch!" I shouted as I fell limply to the floor, the sheet still clutched over my chest.

Thanatos was literally fuming where the portal had disappeared- his shoulders moving up and down, his breathing hard and his head lowered down like a predator's.

His naked back and ass couldn't even distract me from the horrible news.

"What now?" I asked softly to no one in particular.

All my previous joy and ecstasy gone into the wind like mist. And we were so close...
So close at becoming one.

The room was quiet.

I didn't move a muscle as I waiting for the shroud of misery to settle in.

He spoke, his voice dangerously low; "We find those hounds and we solve this mystery. You train and ascend. And then-" He turned around to look at me with determination; "I'm going to fuck you like an animal."

My heart skipped a beat.

"And you're sure there's no off-switch?"

"Who knows? But let's start with what we do know- those hounds and Hecate."

I nodded solemnly.

He came to sit down next to me as I stared down at the ground in gloom. His arm swung around my shoulders and he pulled me into his chest. We remained quiet for some time as our laboured breaths calmed down to normal and Thanatos' anger had some time to die down.

He spoke up with a soft tone; "I just want you to know that it's not only about the sex for me, Aurora. It used to be all I could think about, but since a while ago- there's... more. Much more. I... I want to be with you in more ways."

I looked up and smiled shyly at his honest words. He was so much better at expressing himself than I was. I tried to stop the rush of emotion I felt- could he love me too?

We were both disappointed by how this had turned out, but at least in the end I had his help- and that's all I really needed.

I just needed him by my side- helping me, and me helping him.

We were made to for each other; and that may have sounded cliché in my own thoughts, but nothing felt more true.

"I know and I feel the same."

Thanatos smiled softly, his eyes filled with adoration; "I..." His voice faded as he struggled to find the right words; "I want to make you happy."

"You do, more than you know."

Where is this coming from?

I knew he was good with words, but he was also distant and closed off- like me. Was this as scary for him as it was to me?

Thanatos leaned in slowly; "I don't want anything else when I have you." His words were soft, but they carried more weight than any other. I felt my heart swell up and all I wanted to do was shout at him that I loved him with all my heart, but I couldn't bring myself to form the words.

I snuggled into his chest and sighed. He held me tightly and rocked me back and forth.

"You still wanna get kinky?"

Ah, there's the man I know...

I laughed and looked up; "Yeah, sure why not."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

We both jumped as the ring started blaring out a sharp and piercing echo. Thanatos quickly raced over to it and threw it towards me. I slipped it onto my finger and the loud ringing stopped. I grumbled; "I feel like a dog with an electric collar..."

Thanatos sighed and smirked; "Speaking of a dog... Get on the bed, bend over- I have some frustration I need to... pound out."

I laughed; "Subtle."

He grinned and patted the bed.

I stood up and rolled my eyes as he grabbed the sheet from my hands and brought me in for a knee-numbing kiss. Everything was back to normal- except now I felt this connection between us had grown. It was more than physical attraction; it was more than mental stimulation and appeal- now we shared something deeper.

We shared emotional depth; and I felt like he was mine and I was his. We'd made progress, in a different way than we'd thought; even when we both didn't think it to be possible.

"Aurora," His eyes found mine in the darkening room, "No one can compare to you. You're the only thing my soul feels, you're the only thing that's makes me feel my heart beat..."

His romantic side was thunderous; deep and overwhelming.

I nuzzled my nose against his in tender affection as my heart sung; "I can't imagine a world where we're not together."

That was it then, wasn't it? We were together. We'd fallen into this deep hole of intimacy without even realizing it- just like Samaria had said. It was hard to even imagine waking up in the morning alone, without his intoxicating scent surrounding me.

"You won't have to. Nothing can tear me from you- not again."

"Again?" I asked as I looked up into his dreamy eyes.

Thanatos kissed me gently; "Our souls were born together, but time ripped us apart, but now I have you and you have me; and nothing can change that."

I felt like crying, Delilah's words suddenly meaningless and petty, but I held it in. He moved his hands down my back to cradle me in his strong arms. I was at a loss for words; he really was filled with so much emotion and passion.

I shook my head, but didn't bother to wipe the broad smile from my face as I shot him a wink and a smirk; "Silas will be back soon- let's use our time wisely."

Thanatos grinned playfully and turned me towards the bed; "I like the way you think, Venerelli. Now, bend over."

Aurora left with a wide smile on her face.

I was thoroughly exhausted from our tryst- she was more talented than she ought to be, but I wasn't complaining. Being intimate with a woman had never been as good as this- so warm, personal and so very mind-blazingly sensual.

Gods, she's sexy.

She made my entire body ignite with desire- all I wanted was too press myself up against her until time wasted away into nothing. I wanted to hear her melodious laughter echo in my ear; I wanted her witty remarks flying through the air as we banter carelessly, while we slyly steal glances at each other.

I meant every word I'd said to her.

I craved honesty around her, and I wasn't disappointed as it flowed freely from my mouth and from hers. My heart was swollen with some strange emotion that I couldn't pin point. It was growing more rapidly now, but I wasn't scared- it left my senses numb, but in a way I felt like I was floating.

I wasn't too happy letting Aurora leave, but Silas had returned out of breath and with a whole basket filled with expensive bottles of wine. I tried to persuade Aurora to stay with me for dinner, but she declined and I knew it was the right thing to do. We were getting to close around people who were constantly watching us- waiting for us to slip up.

I didn't bother to hide the disappointment on my face. She quickly kissed me and whispered a goodnight before she left out the door; her arms tightly pressed against her sides to hide the slight tear I'd ripped in the left side of her dress. Silas was too tired to notice it.

Even though we'd been preoccupied with each other for about two hours, I'd regained my strength much quicker than usual. It must've been from my good day's sleep. I wonder if I could dream. Could I dream of her?

I'd like it.

I'd love to...

A knock sounded on the door and I quickly pulled on some black pants lying on the back of a chair. I fastened the buttons and ran a hand through my hair to make it look less like Aurora had just rowdily tugged at it.

Even voicing her name in my head caused a swell down under.

"Come in." I cleared my throat and tried to hide the husky and gruff quality. Screaming out her name had certainly become my favourite past-time.

Alexus stepped in with her hands folded over her chest and her hazel eyes full of suspicion. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?"

"I have some things I'd like to discuss with you." Her voice was as dead as ever. She stayed put at the entrance, the door slightly ajar. She wasn't planning on staying long. Good.

Alexus was only one of the many people who were afraid of me. I tried to push down my annoyance. I'd just had the most unforgettable time with my angel and was in no mood to deal with irritations.

"Hypnos is here."

I scoffed; "Is that what you want to talk about? I don't have the time for trivial matters of the past, Alexus."

She blushed slightly, but kept her cool composure. As she looked back up, her eyes were more guarded than usual- "What's your plan with Aurora?"

I clenched my jaw and narrowed my eyes at her; "I don't understand."

"I mean what do you want with her?"

I glared down at her from the other side of the room until she gulped unconsciously.

"Oh, no I understood the question; I just don't understand how it's any of your business."

Alexus shook her head in anger and I felt my fangs protrude.

What right did she have to come in here and demand answers of me? I was a god- she was nothing. Whatever Aurora and I had between us or whatever we wanted to do together was our own business and I certainly had no obligation to let Alexus know about any of it.

Aurora was MY light.

"Don't hurt her." Her words were simple, but they struck a chord. I took a step towards her as my hands clenched into fists without any effort on my part.

"Again, none of your business." I hissed as Alexus automatically took a step back.

"I only-"

"You do not serve me like my other girls, you are not my mage and you reside in MY palace. You're useless to me and you take up my space, Alexus. Be very grateful Aurora likes you, or you might just have overstayed your welcome."

Alexus looked down and clenched her teeth. I could tell she was trying to bite her tongue; "Your other girls? And when was the last time you gave any of them any attention? They're suspicious and hurt- they won't hesitate to attack Aurora if they knew how much time you've been spending with her; or who she really is."

"Aurora will not come to any harm." My tone was rigid and cold as my patience wore thin.

"I hope so."

"Leave now."

Alexus turned and grabbed the door with her hand, but stopped short at the threshold. She turned to me with her eyes sad and resentful; "Just don't break her heart..."

I plastered a sardonic smile onto my face as I glared at her in silent anger; "Aurora is strong; perhaps you should learn to have some more confidence in her..."

"Oh, I have confidence in her; it's you I worry about." She turned her head to leave.

I loudly responded, hoping my words would push her further and faster through the doors of my chamber; "You never deserved Hypnos. Run like you always do."

Ooohhh.... What did happen between Alexus and Hypnos?

NEXT UPDATE- 3rd of May

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 25 9
25-year-old Aurora Hawthorne questions her faith as she is torn between her struggles with mental illness and her mother's terminal cancer diagnosis...
382K 13.2K 48
Aphrodite was tasked to make Thanatos a beautiful, mortal wife. To sit along his throne in the underworld. She was made to appear a soft, delicate fl...
264K 14.7K 33
BOOK 4 'Tricks and Thorns, A Desert Storm...' A Sequel to the successful #DAWNseries Book 4 in the saga. Follow our favourite couple, the goddess of...
355K 11.9K 44
Ariel Ripley has always believed that a cushy waitressing job in a dingy coffee shop, in a shitty small town would be all she was set up for in life...