I'm Here As A Friend

By Cstorm26

Based off the CW show Supergirl, Kara and Clark interview Lena Luthor about the Venture attack and whether or... More

The Adventures Of Supergirl
Meeting Ms. Luthor
Girl Friend?
Dreams
I'm Not Like Them
Those Eyes
I Didn't Know
Misunderstandings
Medusa Part 1
Medusa Part 2
Encounters
The Real Me
Falling For You
Second Sun

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

625 15 1
By Cstorm26

"She was the target."

Kara headed back to CatCo with Clark to perhaps help the DEO in finding out who was behind the attack. "If Lena wasn't the one behind the explosion, we need to find out who they are before anyone else gets hurt." Clark nodded, though still unsure on his opinion of the young Luthor. "I suppose you're right, but I still don't trust her. That building reeked of evil."

As Kara and Clark walked out of the elevator, they were greeted by James. He wore a dark purple shirt with a complimenting black tie and suit pants. He smiled and man-hugged Kal. Clark laughed as he hugged back. "Jimmy, good to see you man."

"Yeah long time Clark. How have you been?" The two separated and walked along the office with Kara following behind them. "I've been great, everything has been great."

Kara stopped listening to the two friends chatting when she noticed her boss Cat Grant pointing at her to come into her office, with extreme haste. Kara muttered a quick "excuse me" as she hurried over to the CEO. "Yes Miss. Grant?" Cat scurried to fit her heels, using one hand to grip Kara's shoulders to keep her balance.

"You didn't tell me you knew Clark Kent?" Kara rolled her eyes. "Yes, James and Ka- Clark have been friends for years." Cat was too busy swooning over Clark from ten feet away to bother listening to Kara's answer. "Is there anything in my teeth?" Kara sighed and shook her head no before Cat started strutting out of her office straight towards Clark, making sure to sway her hips for effect.

"Clark Kent, as I live and breathe. I see you still look just as dashing as when we last met." Clark smiled holding his bag closer with his hand. "Yes Miss. Grant, long time."

"No fault of mine. So, are you still together with Lois Lane? Or did that fizzle out like I thought it would." Cat winked subtly at the now somewhat flustered man, "no one sent me my $20."

"No, Lois and I are still going strong." Cat's eyes widened slightly, her mouth opening an extra inch. "Oh, so shes still not hung up over Superman?" He laughed lightly, "I guess you could say she ruined her life for the both of us." Cat reached over and took his arm in hers. "Well that's modern, Perry White shouldn't have let you go. I might just poach you." She began to walk away with Clark in her arm. Clark turned his head and winked, "sway," causing Kara to giggle quietly.

As Clark and Cat were out of sight, James faced Kara with an unsure expression. Kara stared back completely confused until-

She rushed out her apology as quick as she could. "Oh my god I completely forgot to come back to our date last night! I am so sorry, the DEO had a massive breakthrough regarding Luthor Corp and the CEO Lena." James' unsure expression cracked into a smile as he hugged his potential love interest. Kara melted into his embrace at first but then felt cold. Something felt off about this. She couldn't pinpoint it at the time, but the hug didn't give her the same feeling it did when they first met...

Kara was about to re-arrange a second date with James when Alex's name popped up on her screen. "I should take this, it could be important."

"Of course, take it Kara. Let's go out for dinner tomorrow night at let's say 7pm? I have some exciting and sad news." Kara nodded quickly before dashing towards the elevator, pressing her phone to her head. "Hey Alex, what's up? Yes, yes, I'll be right there." Kara put her phone into her pocket as she entered the elevator, hitting the top floor. Kara ripped her blue blouse open to reveal the significant 'S' once the gold elevator doors opened.

Kara flew back to the DEO, making sure to stop by at Alex's favourite food stand along the way. It did cause her to arrive a few minutes later than normally expected, but all was forgiven when Alex immediately dug into her food. "Oh thank you Kara, you are literally the best sister right now." Kara giggled to herself, not noticing J'onn clicking his fingers to get the Danver's girls attention.

"Okay ladies, we have a possible trace onto who may be targeting Lena Luthor, but as of right now, we are a little low on options. Supergirl," Kara placed her hands on the circular desk in front of her, intently listening in. "I'm entrusting you in protecting Lena Luthor until the real attacker is found. As we speak, an agent is planting a miniature tracking device on her so we know what she is doing at all times." He handed over a small device to Kara. "We both know of your abilities but this will make certain you know where Lena is every second of the day. I trust you will keep her safe." Kara nodded and took the device out of J'onns hands. "Of course J'onn, I will fly around the city and see if there is any suspicious activity around Luthor Corps vicinity. I'll let you know if I find anything."

"Good, now get to it, we think the alleged attacker will try again soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am trying to change this company from its anti-alien kill them all past and rename the company to L-Corp. Make it a force for good. We will chart a new age of co-operation and community. With everyone's help, this company can be rebuilt into something phenomenal." Lena smiled with tired eyes at the twentieth reporter that had come into her office for a special interview with Lex's kid sister. "I will be hosting a ceremony in celebration of the company's name change to L-Corp. I hope to see you there." The reporter nodded and stood up to leave. "Please let everyone downstairs know that I am finished with interviews today but they are all welcome to be at the ceremony tomorrow, in the main square right across from my building. Thank you."

As the reporter exited the room, Lena sighed dropping her pen that she had been fidgeting with, onto her desk. "Long day, but still so much work to do." Jess knocked on the CEO's door then slightly opened it a peek. "Ms. Luthor, your chopper is here to take you to your next meeting down near Styletos."

"Great, thank you Jess. You may go home early as this meeting will take up the rest of my evening." Jess's eyes lit up. "Thank you Ms. Luthor, have a lovely rest of your day." Lena chuckled quietly before taking a few deep breaths.

"Okay, there is nothing to worry about. I am just flying, it is the safest way to travel. It's fine." Lena muttered this to herself many times before entering the helicopter, shaking slightly but trying to remain professional. "Ready to fly Ms. Luthor?" The pilot asked. "Yes, let's make this quick."

Lena watched as the blades spun faster and faster, lifting the helicopter gently into the air. The flight seemed to be off to a good start until two steroid-built drones floated directly in front of the chopper, aiming straight at Lena. "What the hell is that?" The drones transformed, displaying two machine guns on each side, firing up. Lena's eyes widened as she calculated what was going to happen.

Time stood still as the bullets began rocketing towards the helicopter. Lena thought she was going to die for sure, however, two blurs of blue and red rose in front of the helicopter. It was Supergirl and Superman. They floated in the air, defending the helicopter and its' occupants from the bullets. Lena stared at the female incarnation of Superman in wonder, not knowing there was a girl Kryptonian here in National City.

The drone pulled out a small speaker box. "Ah Supers.." Kara glared at the drone, her heat vision starting to fire up. "Whoever you are, we are going to stop you. You can't defeat both of us." A voice laughed through the drone. "No but I brought my wits. You see, I've planted more drones around the city. Who will you save, the helicopter or the civilians. Your choice aliens."

"Superman go! I've got the chopper." Kal nodded before speeding away attempting to locate the rest of the drones. Kara was left to deal with two drones swaying on each side of her. She used her heat vision on one of the drones, but while she was distracted, the other shot a missile straight towards the chopper. Kara used her super speed to get in front of the chopper, the missile making a direct hit on Supergirl. Kara went into unconsciousness for a moment as she crash landed onto Luthor Corps' helipad. Her mind could hear the gunfire causing Kara to shoot back up, sucker punching the drone from below like a shark stalking its' prey.

Kara clung onto the chopper carefully resting it onto the now cracked helipad. She opened the pilot-side door, checking the pilot for any signs of life. There was a faint heartbeat. Kara looked up to see Lena completely in shock. "What was that?"

"Someone's trying to kill you. Here let me take you home. The FBI are on their way as well as an ambulance for the pilot." Kara gently unbuckled the man from his seat and flew him to the bottom of Luthor Corp, placing him on the stretcher. Alex ran up to her and smiled. "Good work Supergirl."

"I'm going to take Lena home, I think she may be in shock though." Alex nodded in understanding as Kara flew back to the roof to see Lena sitting down on the helipad, muttering words incoherent to even Kara and her super hearing. "Ms. Luthor, are you okay?" Lena looked up at the blonde hero and nodded slowly. "Yes, I believe so. I know who would do this. Lex. It isn't the first time he's made an attempt on my life. It only started when he found out that I was going to run Luthor Corp and change it to become a force for good a few months ago." Kara moved over beside Lena, feeling like she should hug the woman but unable to. She must remain as her alter-ego, careful not to show Lena her "normal" self.

"I understand Ms. Luthor. I would like to advise you against going ahead with your ceremony tomorrow. It's too dangerous." Lena cracked a small smile looking directly into Supergirl's eyes, gaining some confidence that seemed to encompass the Kryptonian. "It is a risk I am willing to take. You know we can't live in fear."

---------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 8K 61
Lena Luthor wasn't the most fortunate woman in National City. Neither was Supergirl. After a lot of awkward glances, denial, and jealousy, Kara and L...
24.3K 580 30
Kara is sent away after Agent Liberty seeds the air with Kryptonite. She leaves behind a heartbroken Lena who finds out she is pregnant. After a few...
157K 5.1K 42
Kara Danvers was trying to maintain her normal life. Although strange dreams start to haunt her every night. Some she doesnt mind.... Others are terr...
2.7K 9 30
Kara isn't supergirl in this story: Kara Danvers had caught the eyes of both Lena Luthor and Samantha Arias upon her appearance at L Corp one afterno...