The Daily Life of A Producer...

By lilian_kizuna23

Yumenosaki Academy had been successfully handling DreamFes better than before. That's all thanks to their ver... More

Prologue
An Odd First Day
A New Friend
Class 1-B
Class 1-A
Class 2-B
Class 2-A
Class 3-B
Class 3-A
Valkyrie
Knights
Leo's Birthday Surprise
RYUSEITAI
A Party of Black and Yellow
Trickstar
A "Shiny" Celebration
2wink
A/N
UNDEAD
HaHeHuHiHo-ray for Sora's Day
AKATSUKI
Ra*bits
A/N IMPORTANT!
A/N Again...

Switch

6K 191 52
By lilian_kizuna23

(A/N: In line with the current event 'Easter Night', let's start the introduction of units with this magical bunch. Also, I am celebrating the fact that Sora dropped thrice and maxing it sooner than expected xD.

Disclaimer: The photo, song and characters belong to their respective creators. I don't own anything but this book's story plot.

Enjoy~)

Almost two weeks have passed since I transferred to Yumenosaki Academy, and I have learned to love school life again. I don't know if it's because I won't be insecure of my age since it is already appropriate for my educational standing, or if it's because everyone in Yumenosaki is nice and welcoming - well, most of them at least.

We also finished rearranging the studio. Kunugi-sensei wasn't kidding when he said that the studio has the size equivalent to two classrooms. One-third of it has a setup of a normal meeting room: a long table in the middle and shelves on the sides with CDs, folders and music sheets as displays. In addition, we have our very own mini fridge if ever we decided to have lunch here and continue our work. Anzu and I sneaked some bean bags inside to make the room more comfortable to lounge in.

The rest of the room is the actual recording studio. Half of it is where the recording set was place. The equipment was set on a semi circular table to make it easier to reached for the advance mixer buttons. It was complete with two flat screen desktop computers, an advance DJ set with illuminating LED lights, an electronic keyboard and two high-quality speakers. It was heaven.

The other half is the recording booth and, unlike normal booths, it was huge and elegant looking with it's wooden floor and black carpeted walls. It has six recording microphones inside and also my spare guitar that I brought from home just in case I needed another instrument to work with. I can't borrow the guitar from the music room unless I'm in the Music Light Club. And since I'm still asjusting on my role as a producer, I believe that club activities will have to wait for a bit.

Other than that, I have gotten to know more about the students in the idol course, especially the first-years. I hang out with Hajime, Tomoya and Mitsuru more often since Mitsuru always dragged me along their little get-together during lunch breaks. The three are fun to be with actually - a hyper-active runner, a straightforward scolder and an innocent angel is a very interesting group of friends. I also got along with everyone in Class 1-A, even with gloomy Midori. In Class 1-B, whenever I dropped by, I was mostly greeted by a very clingy Tori, making Tsukasa throw another fit at him. The rest were casual and very friendly, making it easier for me to interact with them.

The second-years are an interesting bunch as well, especially Class 2-A. Everyone is nice and fun to be with, specifically Subaru and Makoto since those two are like clowns of the class. In Class 2-B, well, it would be nice if Koga would lessen that foul-mouth of his. Other than that, they are a reliable group of boys, especially Mao, Yuzuru and Arashi.

The third-years are the hardest group to get along with given that there are odd ones in the bunch - I am referring to boys in Class 3-B. I learned that Rei, Wataru and Kanata are the infamous 'Three Oddballs' but I sometimes think if Leo and Shu are also part of it, given their behavior. Kuro and Nazuna seemed to be the only ones normal in their class. In Class 3-A , it's aura is a mix of intimidating (Izumi, Shu and Keito) and uncomfortable to be with (Eichi, Kaoru and Chiaki). Nevertheless, I need to endure it to get along with them eventually.

It was already lunchtime and it was scheduled that Switch to perform. And by perform, I meant sing. Just like what Eichi said, he scheduled each unit to perform at the studio himself. I was also tasked by Kunugi-sensei to give some pointers to the idols about their vocals. It's like I'm giving them a glimpse off what I can do as their music producer. Due to my excitement, I rushed towards the studio the minute the bell rang. I started to set up the devices, getting it ready then a few seconds later, a familiar yellow-haired boy came in.

"Hehe~! Sora's here, ready to sing! HaHiHuHeHo!" He happily hollered.

"Oh! Sora, you came early." I said while I looked for the documents about the idols that Keito gave me.

He grinned. "Sora planned to come here with (Y/N)-chan but she ran off ahead."

"Oh! Haha, sorry," I laughed. "I have to set up the studio so we could start immediately. I'm looking forward to hear you guys sing." I pulled out a folder with 'Idol Units' written on the font page and flipped through the pages until I found Switch's profile. "So we just have to wait for Aoba-senpai and Sakasaki-senpai." I slightly shivered when I mentioned the second-year's name, recalling our little adventure through the passageway.

"Eh? But Master is already here," Sora said, confused.

"Master?"

"Good Night,"

I jumped back, completely terrified when the sound system suddenly errupted. I quickly turned around and saw the red-haired male inside the booth in front of a mic, waving at us with a smile on his face. "Sakasaki-senpai?! When did you get there?!" I raised, trying to calm my heightened nerves.

He just chuckled, his voice echoing from the speakers, before coming out of booth. "I came HERE just before you do." He answered, crossing his arms.

"But the door was locked," I replied. Only Kunigi-sensei, Anzu and I have the key to the recording studio.

He shrugged his shoulders. "SOME things are better left as a MYSTERY, little kitten."

Sora clapped his hands with an amazed expression spread across his face. "Wow, Master. You are as amazing as ever! Sora is very impressed." He exclaimed, making the older teen chuckle once again.

"Ookay," I said, my voice trailing off. "Now all that's left is Aoba-senpai." Natsume groaned, slightly irritated.

"That thing must've RUN some errand for the library again. Knowing him, his fastidiousness will make him LATE. I suggest we start without him, no?" He finalized, ending with a small smile.

I was lost for words. According to Switch's profile, Natsume is the leader is the group. He's not the kind of leader that I was expecting. "Um... Maybe we should wait for him. After all, it is lunch break. Maybe he went out to grab something to eat first." I stopped for a moment then looked at them both. "Which reminds me...have you guys ate?"

Sora hummed. "Sora had a heavy breakfast this morning."

"It's already noon, Sora."

"Really? Well," he went to Natsume and cupped of his hands. "Master~ Can Sora have the rice balls Master made?" He cooed and Natsume suddenly looked weak.

"Uu...Whenever Sora makes that KIND of expression, how can I refuse? ALRIGHT, Abracadabra Alakazam!" The red-haired teen then took out a medium sized bento box from under his blazer and handed it to his junior, leaving me dumbfounded on his magic trick.

"Hihi~ Sora can eat now!" Sora happily said before looking at me. "Can Sora eat here, (Y/N)-chan?"

I snapped myself to reality. "Oh, uh...Sure," I uttered. Sora then sat on a chair and placed the bento box on the table. When he took off the lid, six freshly made rice balls were patiently waiting inside to be eaten. I just stood there watching Sora happily eating the rice balls while complementing his senior from time to time.

Natsume saw me staring at the blond boy. "Oh, does LITTLE kitten want a TREAT, too?"

I blushed. "N-no, I'm fine."

He chuckled. "Sora, kindly share some to this kitten HERE."

Would you stop calling me kitten?

With mouth filled with rice, he looked at Natsume before looking at me. After one big gulp, he then reached for one rice ball and offered it to me. "Here you go, (Y/N)-chan~!" He happily said. Few grains of rice scattered around the lower part of his face, making him look like a meesy toddler.

I giggled by the sight. "Thank you Sora-kun." I said as I took the rice ball in his hand. He went back into eating while Natsume just stood there, not planning to move at any moment. "Umm... Aren't you hungry, Sakasaki-senpai?"

The upperclassman shook his head. "I'm FINE, thank you. I just ATE a while AGO."

I thought for a moment while I ate the rice ball in my hand. Lunch break just started. How can he be able to eat during class hours? Then I remembered what Subaru told me about him: he rarely shows up in class. That proves his point.

"Sorry I'm late!"

By the door, a heavily panting Tsumugi barely stood on his feet as beads of sweat trickled down his face. "I have to put back...the returned books...in the library. A lot...were piled up in the return box...today." He panted.

I looked at him with worry. "Are you okay, Aoba-senpai?" He nodded. I immediately went to the mini fridge and took out a cold bottled water. I went to the tired senior and gave it to him. "Here, drink up," I said.

Tsumugi tooke the bottle with shaky hands and open the cap. He drank quickly, taking in a huge amount of water per gulp until there was nothing left. "Thank you, (Y/N)-chan." He sighed, his breathing slowly returned to normal.

"Why don't you take a short break before we start, sounds good?" I suggested as I offered him a seat.

"Yes, I would love to. Thank you again and sorry," he said while he made his way to the chair. Just before he could sit, Natsume smacked the blue-haired teen's head. "Ouch! N-Natsume-kun?!" Tsumugi raised, confused and in pain.

"How many TIMES did I tell you not to waste my PRECIOUS time?" Natsume angrily scolded, his hazel brown eyes looked at the senior in an icy cold stare. Tsumugi quivered slightly.

"Ah! Sakasaki-senpai! Don't hit Aoba-senpai just because of that!" I exclaimed, surprised to see that a junior treated his senior as if they've switched roles.

"It's okay, (Y/N)-chan. S-Sorry, Natsume-kun. I'm the only one in the Library Committee so I can't have anyone else to rely to." Tsumugi explained.

"Senpai is as hard working as ever~" Sora commented as he placed away the bento box. "Ah~ Master's rice balls are the best. Sora's happy, HaHiHuHeho~!" He happily cheered before rubbing his tummy, feeling satisfied.

Tsumugi chuckled warmly at the blond first year. "Glad to see that you're in a good mood, Sora. How are you? We haven't seen each other lately because Switch hasn't been participating to events for the past few weeks."

Sora smiled brightly. "Hihi~ Sora's been well. Senpai's filled with orange today, means he's excited."

"Ah, yes. I am," Tsumugi said, smiling gently before looking at me. "I heard that you are musically inclined,(Y/N)-chan. I'm looking forward for what you can do to our unit." Just before I could say anything, Natsume smacked Tsumugi's head again, only harder. "Ouch! N-Natsume-kun..." Tsumugi whined.

"Enough already," Natsume said with a low frown. "Sora is already DONE eating and you've WASTED too much of my TIME. Let us BEGIN."

"But Aoba-senpai hasn't — "

"Haha~ Hihi~ Huhu~ Hehe~ Hoho~" Sora sang, interrupting me as he and the two other boys began to head towards the recording booth. "(Y/N)-chan!" Sora loudly said through the mic. "Let's start~!"

I could never understand these people, I thought as I went to my station.

~⭐~⭐~⭐~⭐~⭐~

"So... How did we do, little kitten?" Natsume said through the mic while the two boys smiled.

"Three words: That. Was. Amazing!" I answered through the equipment mic. And it was true to the heart.

The second they sang their unit song, Temptation Magic, I was captivated by their voices as if they have placed me on a trance. Their synchronization with the song's lively beat got my nerves bursting with energy. I felt like I wanted to dance to the rhythm. Plus, I find it cute that Sora's voice has a higher pitch than his two seniors. I also like how they have this nice aura around them while they performed. It's like they are connected through the song.

I gathered the papers which I wrote my notes about their performance on as they exited the booth. "Okay, so overall the performance is great and your voices are well synched."

Natsume chuckled. "Why, of course IT was."

"But there are a few complications,"

Natsume then glared at Tsumugi. "Eh?! Why are you looking at me?!"

"Please let me finish." I said, transeffering everyone's attention back to me. "Okay, so... The choice of music was interesting — upbeat with a mix of slow melody at the verses. However, your voice projection is inconsistent when it comes to the transition between verses and the chorus."

"What do you MEAN?" Natsume asked.

"I'm glad you asked." I went to one of the desktop computers and showed them their voice recordings of their respective microphones. "Okay, so the voice recording lines of each of you were not that relatively different so we can assume that all of you sang the right note. But when you listened closely," I played the part where they're singing the furst line of the chorus. A slightly bothered tune was heard for just half a second and then repeated itself at the start of the second line. "Hear that?"

The three nodded, watching abd listening attentively like preschoolers. "That was Tsumugi's voice." I added and clicked the recording of Tsumugi. I replayed his recording only and, as I mentioned, Tsumugi's voice was off tune.

Tsumugi was surprised. "Eh? So it really was me? But I didn't feel like I was off tune a while ago." He said.

"That's because you were in sync with the music. Singers tend to get lost with controlling their voices when they are one with the music." I explained. "I saw how all of your expressions formed when you sang. All of you were connected, both with each other and with the music. That is a strong point of the singer, but you must be aware about your voice projections from time to time."

Tsumugi was left astonished. "Is that really the reason?"

I paused. "Well, that or you didn't rest long enough before you performed." I eyed Natsume. "I wonder who is responsible for that?"

Natsume chuckled. "Maybe a CURSE had fallen over the poor soul," he said.

"Right... Anyway, not only Tsumugi but Sora as well."

Sora tilted his head. "Eh? Sora, too?"

I nodded. "Please listen," I replayed a part at the bridge where Sora sang solo. When I played it on its own, without the accompaniment of the two boys, it was clearly scratchy at first before returning to normal later on.

"Woah!" Sora gaped in amazement. "(Y/N)-chan actually heard that?!"

I smiled shyly. "I have this habit to carfully listen the song, from the atmosphere of the music to the tune of the voice."

"So cool!" Sora continued to gaped in awe, a sparkle glistening on his eyes. "Is it because Sora is one with the music, too?"

"Possibly, or you're just thirsty after eating all those rice balls."

Sora laughed as he scratched the back of his head. "Hehe~ Sora is a little thirsty."

Natsume chuckled, an impressed expression was shown on his face. "Well, looks LIKE little kitten has some TRICKS in her sleeves."

"Just doing my job," I smirked at him. "Anyway, other than that, you guys were amazing." I looked at the time on my wristwatch. "I would love to try on some voicings I created for your songs but it looks like we don't have enough time."

"You could do that?" Tsumugi asked.

I nodded. "You may not hear me but I've been singing along with you guys." I waved the copy of their song at them. "I made some voicings and minor tune alterations that might go well with your song."

"And you did THAT while we sang the song that you just HEARD?" Natsume asked, earning a nod from me. His eyes showed interest. "IMPRESSIVE, little kitten."

"Thanks," I placed back all the files and documents in the folder and returned it to the shelf.

The bell rang, indicating that lunch break was over. Tsumugi went ahead since he will be a reporter in their next class while Natsume mysteriously disappeared. I gave Sora a drink before we both exited the studio.

"That was fun~" Sora happily cheered as we walked down the hallway.

"Indeed it was," I repied.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan, teach Sora those voicings that you made next time, okay?" He said, his blue eyes looked at me with excitment.

I smiled at him. "Sure," I said before we first arrived at my classroom. "Well, see you around, Sora." I said to him.

"Huhu~ See ya!" He exclaimed happily before we went inside our classrooms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 1K 188
Mature content
52.6K 2.4K 17
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
246K 7K 129
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
108K 2.7K 36
wander ; verb to move about without a fixed course , aim or goal . " im just living.." - r'monei