2wink

I frowned as I stared at the orange-haired classmate of mine as he passed his test paper. It's our English period right now and we have a quiz regarding Sentence Patterns. Since I've studied for the test, I managed to finish first in less than half an hour. My classmates weren't surprised anymore like they used to but it didn't stop them to be amazed. When I passed my paper a while ago, I noticed something different from Hinata when I passed by his seat.

After a few more minutes, the bell rang. "Alright, pass all papers." Our English teacher said — in English of course. Panic rose on the faces of those who were still answering; two of them were Midori and Tetora. I could see the swiftness of their eyes as they skimmed through the test and answered what they can. On the second call of the teacher, all of the papers were passed and we were dismissed.

Tetora let out a heavy sigh. "That was hard..." He whined as he made his way towards my seat.

Hajime, who was seated next to me, tilted his head. "Was it really hard for you, Tetora-kun?" He gently asked out of concern.

"Only at the second to the last part," Tetora replied as he placed his hand on his waist. He heaved out a heavy sigh, indicating that he's drained mentally. "I barely understood the sentences. How about you Midori-kun?" He suddenly asked the brown-haired male who was fixing his things.

"Huh? Oh...It was fine, I guess. I just had problem with the essay part." Midori said, his voice clearly tired.

"But you guys answered most of the questions correct, right?" Tomoya suddenly asked as he made his way towards us. The two nodded their head, somewhat thankful. "That's good to hear. Looks like our group study session didn't go to waste after all." He added.

Yesterday, after school, Hajime, Tomoya, Tetora and I planned to have a study session at the new café near Yumenosaki Academy. The goal of the study was to help Tetora pass the English quiz because English is one of the subjects that he's at risk right now. When we arrived, Midori and Hinata were there as well, but not for studying purposes. Hinata wanted to try out the new sweets at the café and drag Midori along despite the tall teen's protest. In the end, all of us did more eating rather than studying.

Tetora grinned. "I was able to answer all the question at the first part thanks to (Y/N)-san. That short jingle about the examples of sentence patterns really helped me. Right, Midori-kun?"

"Eh? Oh, yes. It was," Midori said before blushing. "I sort of sang it when I got stuck."

"Haha! Looks like I'm not the only one!"

"So that's why I could hear someone humming a while ago," Tomoya commented. Tetora playfully stick out his tongue as he scratched the back of his head while Midori blush even further.

I chuckled. "I'm happy to hear about that, Tetora-kun."

"You know, (Y/N)-chan," Hajime started. "You're a great tutor if you manage to help Tetora-kun. When Tomoya-kun and I help him, he would still won't understand the lesson."

Tetora pouted. "That's because Tomoya-kun always gets mad at me when I make a mistake so I lose all my motivation."

"How will I not get mad if Hajime and I repeat the lesson for twenty times and you still don't get it?" Tomoya said with a frown.

"Tomoya-kun," I called out. "Everyone has their own pace when learning. It just so happened that Tetora-kun's was a little slower than everyone else."

Tetora flinched as if I hit him hard. "Isn't that making me a little pathetic, (Y/N)-san?" He joked.

I shook my head. "I didn't mean it like that. It just means that direct teaching is not suited for you. Let's put it in this way: Hajime-kun and Tomoya-kun could learn when they read a book; for you and Midori-kun, you guys learn through creative methods like jingles or motion pictures. It's easy for you to understand and memorize the topic that way." I explained.