MY TRUE MATE ‣ SEQUEL

By JueTheWitch

Sequel to My Other Half. ❝ What the plague. ❞ ❝ Stop giving me that look, Wayzz. ❞ Trixx and Wayzz are e... More

WELCOME, AGAIN!
Prologue: Consequences
Chapter 2. Already Here
Chapter 3. Lonely
Chapter 4. Debut
Chapter 5. Birth
Chapter 6. First Impressions
Chapter 7. Insecurities
Chapter 8. The Perfect Day
Chapter 9. Protected
Chapter 10. Real
Chapter 11. 1945
Chapter 12. Alya
Chapter 13. Conflict
Chapter 14. Complicated
Chapter 15. Shield
Chapter 16. Hunch
Chapter 17. Him
Chapter 18. WHAT
Chapter 19. Cheater cheater pumkin eater
Chapter 20. Trixx
Chapter 21. Fate-bound
Chapter 22. Dark
Chapter 23. Corrupted
Chapter 24. Wayzz
Epilogue: The End

Chapter 1. Returned

1K 47 102
By JueTheWitch

Wayzz's POV

I don't know about you, but being a Kwami means that a large portion of my free time has to be dedicated into rifling through old and new newspapers, trying to sense the next era of heroes. 

So as usual, I was walking—in human form, not a lot of people appreciate it when a flying turtle floats by—with a rumpled newspaper in my hand when my phone vibrated. 

I know it's weird for Kwamis to be carrying around phones but mine was especially made, self fixing and conducting. It was a present from some friend named Hephaestus, I think. I once told him that he's a myth and he told me so was I. 

The messages was very short: 

Master Fu: sub ttt

Like those three letters could mean that the world could be ending or that there's a 50% sale on the clothes shop down the street. With Master Fu, you never know what it means. 

Shoving the phone in my pocket, clutching the rumpled newspaper, I jogged down the street and rushed into the sanctuary. 

Master Fu seemed to be talking to thin air. 

"Now, now, you should know. You volunteered to take it," he was explaining, waving his hand. 

At first, I didn't see who he was talking to. Then I saw a section of the air wavering into holographic colors and finally a slim figure stepping out of it casually. 

I blinked. 

"What the plague." 

"Stop giving me that look, Wayzz." 

I literally jumped, almost knocked off half of the contents on the shelf, and stumbled into the corner of the stuffy room, holding out my newspaper roll like a knife. "In case you didn't notice, you still have precisely another century to spend in that necklace." 

"I know," Trixx rolled her eyes. 

She looked the same as I remembered her; blazing purple eyes, straight orange hair that glinted in the sunlight with inky tips all pulled into two messy pigtails. 

"Master Fu!" I protested. "You didn't just let her out, did you?" 

Master Fu looked tired. "Uh, I've been explaining to you Trixx, you owned up to that and you have to take responsibility." 

Trixx put both hands on her hips, her violet eyes glaring right through me. "I wouldn't have taken it in the first place if some stupid Kwami didn't make things complicated." 

I crossed my arms. "Oh? Let me remind you, I was making things easier for both of us." 

"By taking the punishment you didn't deserve?" 

I had this argument at least a thousand times. I raised my hands and sighed. "Just drop it, Trixx. It's over," I concluded. 

"Master Fu, you know that the punishment had been ridiculously long!" Trixx screeched. "You know it wasn't me! And while Wayzz gets to have all the fun, I simply sit in the stupid chest waiting for the time to be over?" 

Master Fu opened his mouth to say something. 

Trixx cut him off, "Paris isn't stable right now, Master Fu. You already let Wayzz look for a new hero. Why not me?" Her purple eyes gleamed. "And think about what I said to you earlier. I wouldn't be bringing new trouble, I promise." 

I shuffled uncomfortably. The last time Trixx and I was released at the same time and the same region, nothing good happened. If Trixx wanted to be free, I had to be slaved. 

"Master Fu, I don't think I really need my own hero," I hastily quipped. "If Trixx has a better idea, she can go." 

Master Fu's wise eyes looked between me and Trixx. Then he sighed and I could already see him regretting the decision he was going to make. 

"I know you both need second chances," Master Fu slowly and deliberately said. "You've both been prejudiced all this time." 

"So . . . ?" Trixx encouraged him. 

"I think it's time you're both set free against your prison," Master Fu smiled warmly. Then he winked. "And please don't make me regret this." 

My fist punched the nearest wall, making a dent. I'm not a word person. When I was happy or angry, I punched things. 

Trixx's eyes gleamed. "So you're saying I don't have to be stuck in that necklace anymore? Does that mean I get to go scavenge for my own hero? Can I go visit Tikki?" 

I blurted, "No." 

Trixx turned to me, annoyed. "I wasn't talking to you." 

"You want to go visit Tikki and freak her out? She hasn't talked to you for at least some decades. You might've talked to Plagg but he'll be freaked out too," I pointed out. I'm a logic person. 

"I think you can't say that," Trixx jabbed me in the shoulder. "You went out to see them all the time!" 

"Sorry, but I had a duty?" I shrugged. 

Trixx pouted, admitting her defeat. Then she brightened up and turned to Master Fu. "Can I go to school? I want to be with them, if I can't see them directly. And I'm sure my hero would be there somewhere." 

I looked at her. Trixx got used to changed environment really quickly. 

"Okay, as long as . . ." Master Fu's eyes glittered. ". . . you take Wayzz." 

"What?" Trixx and I both yelled. 

Master Fu sighed, "You guys have to learn to cooperate with each other if you want to avoid something bad happening. And Trixx, you do know that I tied your powers to Wayzz. You'll need him around to perform magic." 

Something bad happening. It made a lot of sense. 

Then something flashed in my mind. I pulled out my phone and asked, "Oh, what does 'sub ttt' mean? I'm pretty sure it isn't a new slang language because I know all about that." 

Master Fu smiled. "It meant sub Trixx temper tantrum. She was about to throw one at me." 

Trixx looked bewildered, "I never do temper tantrums!" 

I snorted. 

I'm back. With Trixx. And Wayzz. Don't forget to vote and comment. =) 

Jue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 276 14
Marinette took a deep breath as if she was taking her final if she was getting ready to do the most disturbing thing of her life. Well, she sort of w...
542K 18.6K 34
A soul linked, near and afar, She loves you simply for who you are. Behind a mask her truth may lie, But other times, she is clear...
11.3K 269 26
•••||MLB FanFic||••• ---------------------------------------- || please read the first book before this one <3 || ...
191K 4.3K 14
Being a student and Ladybug is such a big predicament, but it is not as hard when one day everything in your class just changed. 5 years ago, I was k...