Escape [Sasuke Uchiha]

By phyxillie

"You're the only annoying person whose company I can really tolerate," confessed Sasuke. I rolled my eyes bu... More

Chapter 01: Heavy Heart
Chapter 02: Dicey Duel
Chapter 03: Last One Standing
Chapter 04: Shocking News
Chapter 05: Enraged
Chapter 06: My Dear Sister
Chapter 07: Ninjas From The Sand
Chapter 08: His Presence
Chapter 09: Sudden Confession
Chapter 10: Rock Lee
Chapter 11: The Twelve Rookies Have Assembled
Chapter 12: The Written Test
Chapter 13: The Tenth Question
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Second Exam
Chapter 16: The Softest Gaze
Chapter 17: Love At First Sight
Chapter 18: Make It Fair
Chapter 19: I Am His To Fight
Chapter 20: The True Purpose
Chapter 21: The First Match
Chapter 22: One Step Closer
Chapter 23: Watch Me
Chapter 24: Match Ups
Chapter 25: Black Abyss
Chapter 26: The Unspoken Question
Chapter 27: At His Mercy
Chapter 28: He Was Here
Chapter 29: My Safe Haven
Chapter 30: Enthralling Beauty
Chapter 31: The Final Exam
Chapter 32: The Battle For Family Honor
Chapter 33: Especially You
Chapter 34: The Long-Awaited Match
Chapter 35: The Invasion
Chapter 36: The Opposite Meaning
Chapter 37: His Humble Abode
Chapter 38: On One Condition
Chapter 39: Queen of the Night
Chapter 40: His Answer
Chapter 41: Her Feelings
Chapter 42: The Promise
Chapter 43: The Looming Danger
Chapter 44: Itachi And Kisame
Chapter 45: Naruto's Reassurance
Chapter 46: Two Things
Chapter 47: His Wish
Chapter 48: The Change
Chapter 50: Back To Normal
Chapter 51: Sasuke Retrieval Team
Chapter 52: Not A Threat, But A Promise
Chapter 53: Escape
Chapter 54: Bad Ending
Chapter 55: The Aftermath
Sequel: Selfish Desire

Chapter 49: Showdown

8.8K 342 225
By phyxillie

[The next day...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

"Eeeh?! You three are going on a mission?!"

"That's right!" chirped Kaito, "We have just received a C-rank mission from Tsunade-sama. Kazuki, Shiori-sensei, and I are now on our way to a small town not far from here."

I queried with my eyebrows furrowed in discontentment, "But why didn't Tsunade-sama call me and assign me to that mission?"

Kazuki enlightened me, "Tsunade-sama said that you will be needed in another C-rank mission. Your forthcoming mission will be a lot tougher than ours and your skill in archery will be greatly needed. You see, Ayuda, she acknowledges your ability."

My cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet. I couldn't help but feel blissful knowing that the great leader of my village was acknowledging my archery ability. Of course, I felt proud, too. My long-term goal is to show everyone that the archery is not as weak as they thought so. Instead, they could pose a big threat to every weapon. To every person. And to the whole world. And also-

"Ayuda-chan, are you there?" Kaito's voice boomed in ears, dragging me out of my sweet reverie.

I immediately regained my composure and, with a faint blush coloring my cheeks, I responded, "Y-yes, what is it?"

That was when Kazuki mused, "But how does she know about Ayuda's archery skills? She was not there during the third exam of the Chuunin Selection Exam... right?"

"She must have heard it from Jounin and Chuunin who hosted the Chuunin Exam such as Ibiki Morino-san, Anko Mitarashi-san, and Genma Shiranui-san," stated Kaito. He then stared at me and smiled, "We have to go now, Ayuda-chan. Shiori-sensei is probably waiting for us at the gate. If an ANBU, Jounin, or Chuunin suddenly appear and tell you that you are needed by the Fifth Hokage, then that means you are getting your mission. That's how we were called to her office just now. Anyway, take care of yourself, okay?"

I nodded my head slowly with a subtle pout, "Okay."

Kaito patted my head gently and informed me, "We'll be back tomorrow."

I watched as my comrades began hitting the road. I could hear Kazuki effusing that it had been a while since they had a mission which was unmistakably true after all. Missions could not be easily given to Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, and ANBU when the Hokage position was empty. Now with Tsunade here, the Leaf Village slowly motioned back to life. I also heard that most of the Jounin were immediately assigned to numerous missions as soon as the female Sannin took on the mantle of the Fifth Hokage. This explained why I rarely saw Jounin strolling around in the street.

Another gush of rapture streamed throughout my body upon recollecting the pleasing fact that Tsunade was acknowledging my archery skill. It was indeed a wonderful thing to hear. Hearing it cleanse my mind and soul. I was as happy as a clam and I suddenly gained the itch to share this good news with someone. And that's when Sasuke's appealing face materialized in my mind.

I turned around and leapt off, making a beeline towards the hospital of Konoha. Maybe Sasuke will be delighted hearing about this, too. He definitely knew about my long-term goal and he will probably congratulate me when I tell him this. Yes, hearing him congratulating me will make me feel in seventh heaven.

Just like yesterday, instead of using the main door, I jumped onto the windowsill that was connected to Sasuke's room. I was so happy that I didn't even make an effort to make my presence unknown.

Sitting silently on the bed was undeniably Sasuke Uchiha. His face was facing downward, seemingly staring at his blanket with a pair of cold, dead eyes. His hair followed the gravity, framing his face and projecting a gloomy shadow on his features. He was so deep in his own thought that he did not notice my sudden arrival. My cheery face faltered. He must be looking back on his clash with his brother...

"Sasuke," I called him with a soft voice as I brought my feet down onto the floor. He lifted his face up and stared at me with the aloof eyes of his. He said nothing and I took that as the opportunity to ensconce myself on the chair next to his bed. He fixed his distant eyes on me as if expecting me to say something. Not knowing what to say, I shyly questioned him, "Ho-how are you?"

He gazed at me for a good five second before he shifted his eyes back to his sheet and answered shortly, "I'm fine."

He started brooding over something that made him evidently seething. His arms trembled with unexpressed fury every now and then. He clenched his teeth tightly and a glower soon appeared on his face, making him look like a raging volcano that was ready to blow up.

I cast my eyes downward in melancholy. I cannot tell him the good news when he's this angry. It is downright insulting if I inform him the happy news while he is foaming at the mouth. And even if I tell him that, he won't congratulate me at all. I bet he will ignore me or jump down my throat instead. I'd rather not tell him about this than watching him ignore me. So right now, the best way to comfort him is by saying nothing and be there for him. Sometimes, silence can be the best medicine.

We sat there for two minutes in complete silence. Sasuke was emanating odious vibe into the air while I, on the other hand, was exuding a soothing aura. This went on until someone slid the door open. However, just before the door could fully open, a familiar, radiant voice that was enacted from the hallway broke the profound silence in the room, "Sakura-chan!"

My eyes widened. Naruto!

I stole a glance at Sasuke and was taken aback by the threatening look on his face. His face was much more ferocious than before. Terrifyingly ferocious, I must add.

The door was pushed open widely, displaying two figures that I knew so well – Naruto and Sakura. The pinkhead was carrying a seemingly heavy bag. The both of them was flabbergasted seeing me in the room, but they immediately put on a smile and Naruto greeted, "Oh, hey, Ayuda! Visiting Sasuke again, huh? Sakura-chan told me that you dropped by a lot. I didn't know that you care about your rival so much!"

I could feel my face turning red at his words. Oh no. Does he realize that I deeply care about Sasuke in a romantic way? No, I should tell him otherwise, or else he will spread the news to the whole village! I responded rather quickly, "Y-yeah, of course... I mean, he is still a f-f-friend...!"

"Huh?" Naruto blinked questioningly at me, obviously noticed that I stuttered.

Sakura smacked his head lightly, "Baka Naruto, you are making her nervous! Anyway, Ayuda."

She paused as she walked around Sasuke's bed and revealed the inside of the plastic bag to me. There were a lot of fresh apples in there that they nearly filled the bag. She whispered in my ear, "Does Sasuke like apple?"

I whispered back in return, "He prefer tomato the most when it comes to fruit."

"Eeeh?!" she shrieked in disappointment, "So I bought all of this for nothing?!"

I sweatdropped, "Well... he can still eat it."

Sakura heaved a disheartened sigh, "But still..."

My mouth twitched into a smile and I rose to my feet, pulling Sakura to take my seat. Feeling bewildered, she inquired me, "Where are you going?"

I replied, "I'm going to practice."

"Oh, training?!" blurted out Naruto in a very excited manner, "You are very hardworking, Ayuda! Alright! I am going to train after this! I will create a new, phenomenal technique and name it Uzumaki-"

Suddenly, a big red apple flew across the room at high speed and smashed into the blond boy's face, silencing him right then and there. Sakura raged, "Keep your voice down, Naruto!"

The smile on my lips widened, somehow finding the situation very amusing. Sasuke, with these two around you, you will never be alone.

Naruto rubbed his reddening nose, "Itai, itai, itai (That hurts)... Sakura, you are so cruel... hm?"

The spiky yellow-haired boy finally realized that I was staring at him. He cocked his head slightly to one side and asked, "What's the matter, Ayuda?"

I anxiously averted my gaze and said, "I want to say thank you."

My words confounded the hyperactive blond boy. Unbeknownst to everyone including me, a pair of pitch-black eyes rose and gazed at me and Naruto intently. He easily tuned out Sakura who was busy cutting an apple into several small pieces. He was speedily becoming livid at the sight of those two standing close to each other.

Naruto inquired in confusion, "Thank me for what?"

Faint blushes spread throughout my cheeks – in which Sasuke spotted right away – and I responded, "That time... you convinced me that everything would be alright. You said that to me, right?"

Naruto's eyes broadened upon recalling a certain flashback.

***

I watched with deep fear as Itachi ambled closer to Sasuke who had not yet risen to his feet. And when his big brother reached him, Sasuke stormed, "Bring it on!"

The older Uchiha delivered a hard blow to his stomach, silencing him in an instant. And he did not stop there. He ruthlessly rained blows on his little brother in various areas. Each hit was very strong and painful, judging from the loud noises they produced.

Tearing my eyes off of them, I immediately turned to the two adults behind me, "Reina-oneesan, Ero-sennin, please help him! If this goes on, Sasuke will...!"

"That's right!" Naruto joined in with an upset look, "We shouldn't just stand here and watch them!"

"You two are deaf, don't you?" Kisame spoke up instead of the two adults we were talking to. The blue-skinned man added, "Your friend just told you not to interfere and you still want to go against his wish. If you disturb them now, your friend will hate you... probably forever."

"I'm fine with Sasuke hating me. He already hates me, by the way... even before we were put into the same team..." Naruto admitted truthfully, attracting my whole attention to him. He then impressively said, "I'd rather have him hate me forever than have him die by the hands of that guy over there. Right, Ayuda?"

He sent me a smirk, but not in a bad way. It was entirely in a good way. In an impressive way, I must add. His blue eyes glimmered with reassurance – reassuring me that everything will be fine. His words and his confident demeanor made me see him in a new light. I was truly impressed... and moved.

I copied his smirk and looked up at Kisame, "That's right."

***

Noticing the look on Naruto's face, I continued irresolutely, "Thank you for saying that. I really needed it at that moment. Your words and the way you consoled me put me at ease."

It took Naruto a couple of seconds to register my words into his brain before he laughed out loud and bragged, "Hahaha! No problem, Ayuda! Just remember! If you feel like you are panicking, just remember that everything will be alri-"

"Uaaah!" a short scream that belonged to Sakura shattered the tranquility of the room, followed by the clanking noise of a plate plummeting to the floor. Naruto and I whipped our heads around and looked with wide eyes. Sakura wore a terrified expression as she held her arms up in front of her face. Her emerald eyes were trained on Sasuke whose one arm rose in the air, indicating that he smashed the plate away harshly. Sakura called, "Sa-Sasuke-kun?"

"What's going on?" Naruto jumped to Sakura's side and gawked at the ravenette.

Sasuke spun his head and sent Naruto a fiendish look, making my blood run cold. He spoke up darkly, "Oi, Naruto... fight me, right now."

I inwardly gasped in shock. What's wrong with him?

Naruto replied, "Huh? What are you saying? You've just been treated by Tsunade-obaachan."

"I don't care! Just fight me!" exploded Sasuke, activating a pair of menacing Sharingan, "You think you saved me? I don't care if she's the Fifth Hokage, you shouldn't have gotten her involved in this!"

I frowned, slightly offended at his words. Tsunade removed the powerful genjutsu off of his mind, something that even expert medical ninjas couldn't accomplish, and Sasuke said that?! If it wasn't for Tsunade, he would've still in his bed, trapped in the impenetrable genjutsu probably forever! Naruto scowled, plainly displeased at what he said as well, and he growled, "What?!"

Sasuke flung the blankets away and leapt to his feet, standing face-to-face with the blond boy he was challenging. He stated, "You said before you wanted to fight me, didn't you? I said I'd fight you right here and now. Or... could it be that you are afraid now?"

The ravenette smirked mockingly while Naruto gritted his teeth. I stepped forward, "Stop it, Sasuke. What has gotten into you?"

Sakura joined in, "Naruto, say something!"

The two boys simply disregarded us as Naruto's lips curved into a confident smirk, "Perfect timing, I was just itching to fight you!"

I tried to reason with them, especially Sasuke who brought forth this unpleasant situation, "That's enough, okay, you two? Sasuke, why don't you go back to bed and-"

"Shut up, Ayuda," the Uchiha rebuked me, stunning me into silence. Without taking a glance at me, he sent Naruto a dirty look and said, "Follow me."

He turned around and walked past me. I could smell his aroma and feel his warmth for a brief moment before they soon vanished into nothingness as he strode farther from me. Naruto followed him wordlessly. Sakura flashed a concerned glance at me.

Without exchanging a word, Sakura and I went after them. His two harsh words echoed in my mind as we tailed them. The unkind tone in his voice was unmissable when he uttered those dreadful words to me. I was wounded, of course. Who wouldn't be when one's crush say something like that to them with such uncaring tone?

"Ayuda," whispered Sakura kindly, "just forget what he said. Maybe he is so angry at Naruto and carelessly lashed out at you without thinking twice."

I gave her a pure silence as a reply.

After a heated dispute between the two of them, they finally commenced the battle. They began with taijutsu battle first, and Sakura visibly winced when Naruto got himself wrapped in a white sheet and was pummeled repeatedly by Sasuke.

It's a bit odd that I wanted Naruto to win this match. I could clearly see that Sasuke initiated this fight with bad intentions over something that was still a mystery to me while Naruto accepted this challenge with no ill will and also because he wanted some acknowledgment from the ravenette. Even though I decided to side with Naruto this time, I still cared very much for Sasuke.

Several seconds later, Naruto summoned numerous Shadow Clones that surrounded his dark-haired opponent in a large circle. Despite being outnumbered, Sasuke was unfazed and battered some of them with graceful moves. The ravenette soon blew massive fire at the remaining Shadow Clones, eliminating all of them.

The real Naruto and one surviving clone emerged when the fire subsided, showing the blond boy carrying a blue sphere in his right hand. Sasuke formed Chidori upon seeing this and the two of them charged at each other. That's when a pink blob launched itself towards them. My eyes widened upon realizing that it was Sakura who recklessly dashed over to them.

I immediately seized her wrist aggressively, tugging her back to me and yelled, "What are you doing, Sakura?!"

"Someone needs to stop them before they kill each other!" shouted the pinkhead.

Suddenly, a tall figure popped up in between the two raging boys. The figure professionally grasped their wrists and hurled them towards the two water tanks. Their special techniques disfigured each tank severely, conveying the hidden message just how powerful those techniques were.

The person who stopped them was their teacher, Kakashi Hatake, who queried, "What do you think you two are doing on top of the hospital? Isn't this a little bit too much for a sparring match?"

Inspecting the damaged water tanks from afar, I could see that Sasuke's Chidori was a lot dangerous than Naruto's mysterious blue sphere. This was the reason why a triumphant smirk graced Sasuke's features. Kakashi asked with a surprisingly calm voice, "Sasuke, were you planning to kill Naruto?"

Sakura and I were thunderstruck hearing this. Sasuke was trying to kill Naruto?! Why?!

Kakashi swiftly vanished and reappeared on top of the tank that was severely wrecked by Sasuke. He reprimanded the quiet Uchiha, "Why must you insist on being superior? Chidori is not a move to use against someone from the same village. Why did you act so childish?"

Sasuke looked away sullenly, refusing to give him a reasonable response, and then our eyes met. His dark mien softened at a steady pace. I did not know what to say to him, and apparently, he felt the same way too for he only stared at me in silence. After a moment of locking eyes with one another, he jumped away, vanishing from everyone's eyesight.

I took a step forward, ready to chase after him when someone briskly appeared next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, saying, "I will talk to him."

I looked up to see Kakashi gazing down at me. He added with an eye-smile, "Don't worry. He will be the same old Sasuke that you have grown to like once I'm done talking to him."

It took me a while to fully comprehend his words and when I did, I blushed profusely. W-wa-wait! Does he notice my fondness for that boy?! So does that mean... does Shiori-sensei know about this too?!

As if knowing what was on my mind, the infamous copycat ninja replied, "Nope, she doesn't. But one day, she will."

I didn't know whether to feel relieved or not. I mean, an adult who is not my teacher knows about my affection for Sasuke. That is just so embarrassing and it makes me feel so shy to look at him in the eye anymore. By the way, how does he know?! Maybe he reads Icha Icha Paradise book a lot that he learns to distinguish one's love for the other.

After consoling Sakura who shed tears over what just happened and telling me and her to return home, Kakashi left the scene, going in the direction of where Sasuke had run off to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.4K 47
Sayuri Masato has hated Sasuke Uchiha since they were children. They always tease each other, they always insult each other whenever they get a chanc...
534K 19.2K 190
BOOK ONE | 87 Chapters | She's the girl who can't seem to have others keep their eyes off her. Not cause she's attractive, but because she isn't. She...
261K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
184K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...