Sweet Like Honey

By ehillwrites

Jonas Costello, North Shore High School royalty, is who every girl wants to be with and every guy wants to be... More

i. summary
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
17. (pt 2)
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
Epilogue.
End of the Book Author's Note

30.

384 6 1
By ehillwrites

It was Saturday and senior night for the swimmers, meaning the group was heading out to support Margo and Miles. It was crazy that it was finally senior night for the swimmers, the last few months of senior year were coming up faster than anyone anticipated. Next month was senior ball, and just a few weeks later was graduation. Though, the majority of them were staying in California, there was a few of them that would be moving to another state. They would no longer be their tight knit group of nine. 

"Lennen, Jonas is here!" Her mom calls from the door. After the two reconciled yesterday at his baseball game, it seemed like nothing could come between the two. Lennen walked out of her room with her posters she made for her friends, heading down the stairs and met her mother and Jonas at the door. 

Jonas greeted Lennen with a kiss on the cheek. "We'll be back later," Lennen tells her mom and she and Jonas head out to his car, off toward school. Jonas being the gentelman he was, opened the passanger door, pressing his lips to Lennen before she slid in, which made her laugh. Three weeks without kissing each other meant they had a lot of making up to do. 

They arrived in the school parking lot, Jonas parking next to Cruz's BMW. With Cruz was Holden, Sawyer, and Dorian. More than likely, the group finds a way to carpool, usually because they were already together or they would end up hanging out afterwards anyway, so why waste the gas. 

"Well, look who it is," Dorian laughs, as he sees Jonas open the passanger door for Lennen. "We were wondering how long it would take before you two found your way back to each other." Lennen looks at Jonas, blushing at Dorian's comment. Jonas just laughs and wraps his arm around Lennen's shoulder. 

"Where's Ellis?" Lennen asks Sawyer, who was now walking next to her, as the group headed to the pool. She was the only one missing, which is a little strange since she was always suggesting they come to things like this, even if they didn't have friends that were part of the team. 

"She's already inside. She texted me a few minutes ago," Sawyer responds. Lennen looks back to the parking lot, trying to find Ellis' car, but she couldn't spot it. "She came with Margo and Miles." Sawyer noticed that Ellis' car wasn't in the lot either, so that raised some questions, causing her to text her. Lennen nodded and they continued to the pool. She handed Miles' poster to Sawyer, who laughed when she read what Lennen had written. It was a joke that started around middle school, and they still enjoy teasing Miles about it to this day.  

The six found Ellis in the bleachers and joined her, ready to cheer on their friends. Not only was it senior night, but it was also to see who, if anyone, would qualify to compete in districts. Margo and Miles had gone every year, and there was no way they weren't going to try for a fourth year in a row. Though, they had both already committed to the same college to further their swimming careers, UC Berkeley. For both men and women, Berkeley was ranked in the top 10 Division 1 schools for swimming. 

Sawyer and Lennen immediately showed Ellis the poster Lennen had made for Miles, and like Sawyer, Ellis laughed at the memory. "So, you and Jonas?" Ellis asks, smirking. She was happy that the two were back together. Despite their differences, Ellis thought that the two were actually a good fit for each other. In a strange way, they found a way to complement each other. Many people at their school actually thought the two wouldn't last longer than a month. Their personalities were total opposites, so it took people by surprise when they found out they had gotten together. 

"Break is over. It's good," Lennen smiles, as the couple was starting to approach three months together. Lennen wasn't really sure about starting a relationship this late in the school year, since no matter where she chose, she would end up moving hundreds or maybe thousands of miles away from home. But Jonas was different, she didn't care how many miles away she was moving, he was someone she would always come back to. 

"We're really happy for you, Lennen," Ellis says, hugging her friend. She was happy for her, but she also couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen when fall rolled around and it was time for everyone to head their different ways. Before Holden and Sawyer even started dating, they had both committed to play lacrosse at Syracuse University, so that worked out for them, distance not going to be a problem. Ellis had committed to play D1 soccer at University of Virgina. Dorian and Cruz were playing baseball at UC Santa Barbara. The only people still undecided in their group was Lennen and Jonas. 

Most people were sure that Jonas was going to choose UCSB since both Dorian and Cruz were going there, and it was a Division 1 school, something every student athlete at North Shore dreamed of. It was rare for a North Shore student to not attend some sort of top school, whether it be in California or nationwide. However, with Lennen, she left most people in a constant state of confusion. Though she mentioned that she was probably going to stay in California, she really could end up anywhere at this point. She was a complete mystery and would sometimes change her mind about things often. 

"I can't believe they chose the same school," Holden says to the group, laughing. Despite being twins, it was rare that twins actually ended up at the same school. Most of the time they end up hours away from each other, sometimes in different states. Some people still wonder why they would choose the same school since there were other great schools for swimming. 

"They will always be womb-mates," Lennen jokes, and the others laugh. Lennen was happy for her friends, they got to continue their education at one of the best UC schools and they got to accomplish things together. Growing up, Margo and Miles were always very similar, despite being boy/girl twins. They always had the same friends, always played the same sport, though it never changed from swimming. Usually with different sex twins, they had different friends and were interested in different things.  

The meet finished and both Margo and Miles had qualified for Districts, along with more than half the swim team. The North Shore swim team was always one of the most successful teams all through the school history, usually winning the OCAL before heading to State. "Hey guys!" Margo says, walking to the group with her brother after they had their team talk with the coach. "Thanks for coming!" 

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," Lennen says hugging her and then Miles, handing both of them their posters, which they both loved, and laughed at Miles. 

"I'm never going to live this down, am I?" Miles asks, a smile on his face. He wasn't embarrassed, in fact, over time, he laughed along with everyone else. Middle school was embarrassing for almost everyone since it was the age you started going through puberty. Looking back at the memory now, it always made him smile. 

"I don't think so," Ellis laughs, hugging him as well. The four were always close, middle school bonded them, and left them with secrets they would never reveal to anyone. The boys hugged Margo, congratulating her on her success at the meet and high-fived/bro-hugged Miles. 

"Hey Matt!" Margo calls to a guy who was also on the swim team, and part of Miles' group for the medley race. "Can you take our picture?" Margo and Miles stood in the middle, holding up the posters, and the seven surrounded them, all smiling. Matt takes the picture then hands Margo's phone back to her. "Thanks." 

"No problem. See you on Monday," Matt says with a smile. Lennen looked at Matt and back at Margo, who was trying to hide the faint blush that was rising on her cheeks. She had never mentioned Matt before, so Lennen was wondering what was going on between the two of them. 

The boys had walked off, leaving the four girls alone and Lennen was dying to know what was going on with Margo and Matt. "So, what's going on with you and Matt?" Lennen asks, a smirk on her face. It was obvious that their friend had a crush on the fellow swimmer. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Margo says, trying to hide the fact that something had actually been going on between the two of them for months, but no one had noticed, not even her brother. 

"Oh please, it's so obvious you have a crush on the guy," Sawyer laughs, knowing that Margo was hiding something from them. "He's cute. You should ask him out."

"We're already dating," Margo finally decides to tell them. She was a little surprised that none of her friends had picked up on the fact that she had a boyfriend, and has had a boyfriend for the last seven months. But they were the type of couple that didn't really act like a couple. They didn't hang out at school, other than at practice, but even then, to other people it would seem like they were just friends. Plus, Margo really wasn't the type of girl to flaunt her boyfriend. 

"What?" Ellis asks, shocked and confused. They were all shocked and wondered why she hadn't told them earlier. Whenever one of them had a crush or had gotten a boyfriend, they would tell the group right away. Usually wanting advice or just to rant about things, it was who they were. 

"Yeah, for the last seven months, actually." Margo knew that her friends were going to be a little upset with her since they usually tell each other things like this, but for once, Margo wanted to keep it to herself. She wanted it to just be her and Matt, not having to deal with friends opinions, though she knew that they would like him. 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Lennen asks. She wanted to know why Margo would keep this information from them. Did she not trust them anymore? Did they do something to imply that she shouldn't tell them?

"Tell us what?" Miles asks, coming back over with the guys. 

"Margo has been dating Matt for the past seven months," Sawyer says, and everyone looks at Miles to see what his reaction is going to be. Was he going to be mad? He was obviously pretty good friends with the guy since they have been doing the medley race together for the last four years. 

"Yeah, I knew that," Miles says and everyone was in shock, even Margo. Margo had no idea how Miles knew because she never told him and Matt never told him. "Oh please, did you really think I didn't know? We share a wall, I can hear you on the phone with him every night. Also, at practice I see you guys talking. Everyone else thinks you're just friends, but I'm your twin. I know. And after practices when you make me wait in the car forever and you think I don't see you kiss him after everyone else leaves."

If anyone in the group was going to know, of course it was Miles, since he spends almost the entire day with her. "And here I thought we did a good job of hiding it," Margo laughs. It looks like she could tell Matt that they really didn't have to hide it from anyone anymore. 

The group decided to head to Dorian's to have a little party to celebrate Margo and Miles. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 0 7
New kid+ Popular head cheerleader= Love story All about the high school cliche love story.
325 1 39
Breanna McDell is the Queen Bee at Ridgeway High School. She's got the hottest guy in town for a boyfriend, she's smart, and she's beautiful beyond c...
67.6K 3.7K 30
High school has always been a hard time, keeping up with what status you are at and who you want to hang out with, can have a lot of pressure. Friend...
300K 11.2K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...