Trust Me | Daryl Dixon

By longnightswriting

When Liz is saved by a group of strangers, she has no idea what kind of crazy impact they'll have on her life... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83

Part 49

10K 273 106
By longnightswriting

"Why?" She asked confused.

I shrugged, "Why'd you want to leave?"

She stayed silent, staring at me for a moment before nodding, "Ok, fine; just help me with this last body."

***

"How long are you gonna stay out there?" She asked as we snuck away to a part of the wall that she said was still set up from when she left.

"I don't really know," I said quietly, "Until I'm ready to come back, I guess."

"And when everyone notices you're gone? What am I supposed to say then?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, "Tell them you didn't see anything; say whatever you have to."

"You aren't coming back.. are you?" She asked quietly.

I hesitantly shook my head, "I don't think so."

She let out a sigh, stopping just before the wall, "When I left, I didn't plan on coming back either.." she admitted, "But Glenn changed my mind; he reminded me that we're a family and that's why we have to stick together and keep living.. don't you want that?"

I shook my head again, "I already had it and then it all got taken from me.. I can't do it again."

***

After making it over the wall, I just walked wherever my feet took me. The path I made through the woods was calming enough to let my mind wander, with a walker here and there, but the crunching of the earth under my feet made me feel hollow as I realized how alone I now was.

I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know how long I'd be out here, and honestly, I didn't really even know why I was out here when I had so many people back in Alexandria that I knew cared about me.. but maybe that's why. I hadn't even been there for long when people I cared about began dying; it just felt like my life was on repeat now and I don't think I could make it through another round of this hell.

I knew that if I even wanted to make it through the night out here alone, I'd need to find a place to sleep; somewhere that had a door and a roof and was just secure enough to keep any of the dead out. Luckily I was paying enough attention to where Daryl and I went, when we to scout out some places, to remember the general location of that rundown diner.

***

As the sun began to go down, the diner finally in my sights and my legs aching once again, I let out a breath of relief that was unknowingly accompanied by a wave of confusing emotions; the only time I'd been here was with Daryl.. and now I'm trying to get away from him-- from everyone.

I pushed open the door before walking into the dusty, already scavenged building; immediately regretting not bringing any supplies at all with me. I had thought about packing a small bag after Enid agreed to help me, but I knew there would have been no way for me to be able to do that without someone asking questions.

I took my gun out of my waistband, placing it on the debris covered table before heading behind the counter, hoping to find something left by past scavengers.
I squinted lightly, my eyes trying to see through the darkness, as I kicked around empty containers and trash on the ground before beginning to open up cupboards one by one.

As I kneeled down behind the front counters, my heart nearly stopped as headlights shined through the broken windows and onto the walls.

I quickly grabbed for my gun, stopping and cursing myself when I didn't feel it, "Shit- please, not now." I begged quietly to myself, knowing the kinds of people who were still left in this world.
My hand then reached for my knife, holding it close to me as I desperately tried to quiet my heavy breathing.

"Liz! Ya here?" Daryl's familiar voice called as a car door slammed.

A wave of instant relief came over me, quickly followed by a flood of regret and emotion. I was happy that it was Daryl instead of someone like those strangers that invaded Alexandria, but upset that I knew I'd have to face him after I left without any warning.

"Liz-" his voice said again before there was a pause, the sound of heavy metal shifting across a table; my gun, "..why ya out here?"

I let out a shaky sigh, still hidden behind the counter as tears rolled down my cheeks; knowing I'd have to explain everything to him at some point.

I slowly stood up, more tears coming as our eyes locked, "Please go back, Daryl."

He shook his head, "I ain't leavin' without ya." He murmured lowly.

"Daryl, please!" I desperately begged.

"No!" He retorted, "I ain't leavin' ya out here to die, Liz!"

"I can't go back-- I can't take it anymore," I sobbed, "I can't lose everybody again!"

"Well that's what ya doin' by coming out here-"

"You don't know what I've had to go through," I cut him off, "You haven't had to lose every single person you ever gave a damn about!"

"Ya don't think I lost people? Ya don't think everyone back in that town ain't lost people?" Daryl questioned, "That's what happens now, Liz-- ya don't get to run away from it!"

I shook my head, "Alexandria was fine before I came along-"

"What happened wasn't ya fault-"

"But what if it was?" I stopped him again, phrases from the past repeating in my head.

"It ain't!" He said harshly, turning to walk out the door, "Now get in the damn car."

"No."

_____
I just had to add some more drama into this story somehow lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 14K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...
494 22 13
The Walking Dead Fan fiction Wanna know more? Read on ..
256K 1.7K 52
CARL FUCKING GRIMES [completed] REQUESTS ARE CLOSED (Form is on the 'Production' page.) i feel like i should address that when there is any mature c...
36.7K 2.2K 17
❝𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝❞ ― In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a g...