Shattered

Od Vanadium_Fics

Percy's eyes snapped open. He was no longer in the throne room... He wasn't even on Olympus, he was pretty su... Více

Time
Dance
Zoe
Fall
Hunt
Truth
Sun
Camp
Flag
Sister
Woods
House
Plan
Paul
Drive
Jealous
Teeth
Space
Dream
Shot
Curse
Night
Junk
Dead
Safe
Meet
Flight
Test
Girl
Train
Garden
Duel
Climb
Orthys
Atlas
Luke
Christmas
Chariot
Infirmary
Olympus
Cookies
Run
Fate
Hades
Pizza
Rules
Underworld
Nightcrawler
Fear
Plates
Squirrel
Horus
Lake PT1
Lake PT2
Gay
Reflection
Waystation
Rude
Water
Mars
Gods
Epilogue
END OF SHATTERED. NEXT PAGE BEGINS SEQUEL
Act II : Fractured
School
Touch
Cards
sorry

Charon

7.7K 144 52
Od Vanadium_Fics

Bianca was talking to one of the other new hunters, Rachel (Berry) on a tree stump, when Percy approached them. Rachel's gaze met with Percy's and a grin broke out on her face.

"Morning Bianca! Artemis has given us the rest of the day off to go visit Nico and Hades in the underworld. If you wanted to..."

The daughter of Hades' face broke out into a likewise smile. Admittedly, she was really beginning to miss her brother and his overall annoying- err... Charming character.

"Uh, can we go after breakfast?" Bianca asked. Against her will, it was that moment when her stomach decided to do an imitation of a killer whale.

Percy and Rachel laughed wholeheartedly, causing a flush to form on the brunette girl's face.

"Sure," Percy choked through the laughing.

Luckily, Rachel stepped in before any sort of mockery could pursue. "Forgotten about me, have you Percy? You haven't even wished me a good morning yet. If this trend continues into the foreseeable future, then I will be greatly disappointed."

The son of Poseidon sweat-dropped, shifting his attention to the other brunette, "Oh – umm of course not, Rache. Just wanted to make sure I let Bianca know about the plans we have for the day." He shrugged. "I should – umm – go now. Yeah, I think Zoe needed me for something."

The boy quickly turned around and scampered off, probably to actually meet Zoe (The boy didn't make his crush on the girl very difficult to hide), leaving the two younger girls in fits of laughter.

"You seem pretty close with Percy," Bianca noted, "I thought you would be like the other hunters and hate him because he is well... a guy."

Rachel waved her hand in dismissal, "Percy is fine. We became friends when he joined us temporarily all the way to San Francisco. I mean, it wasn't his fault that he was born a guy, right?"

Bianca nodded. "Yeah it isn't. But that made me wonder... why does it seem like he's trying to avoid you?"

Rachel blushed slightly. A nervous chuckle escaped her lips. "Oh that, umm he might have had seen me... uh... naked?"

Bianca's dark eyes widened in surprise, "What?!"

The shorter girl chuckled nervously again, "Long story. But basically, it was totally my fault."

She seemed to shudder at the memory, but Bianca wasn't too sure.

"Well anyway, what have you thought so far about the hunt Bianca?"

Bianca shrugged. "I don't know. I mean at the very beginning the opportunity sounded like a godsend..."

"Well technically, it is," Rachel interrupted. "You know, with Artemis being a goddess and all that."

Bianca blushed. "You know what I meant. It was an expression. As I was saying at first the opportunity was a godsend. Finally after years of babysitting my brother I can be free..."

Rachel nodded in understanding, "You miss him."

"That's why I'm so excited to see him again," Bianca confessed, "I hope he is doing well without me."

Rachel laughed. "If he's anything like you, I think he'll hold. Besides, he has his father to 'not' watch over him. But we all know he actually is. He should be fine."

"Yeah..." she sighed. She glanced at her fellow huntress nervously. "Uh Rachel? Can I ask you something?"

"Yes?" Rachel asked quizzingly.

"Umm, okay. I know this is the future and things have changed. They're a lot more... accepting now. I know the hunters don't allow us to have romantic relations with boys but..."

Rachel's eyes widened, making Bianca regret her decision. "No way! You're –"

Bianca squirmed.

Rachel leaned in for the sake of privacy. "Who is it? Anyone in particular?"

"Umm..." Bianca said, avoiding her glance.

"Fine, you don't have to tell me. Honestly, I still haven't learned half the rules of this place either," Rachel admitted, which made Bianca breathe out in relief. Rachel pulled Bianca from the tree stump, "Don't worry, I won't say anything until you want me to. Now come on, I'll know what will brighten your mood up. I smell breakfast!"

"Yeah, I guess I do feel a bit peckish."

The shorter girl then grimaced, "I also smell meat. Someone is about to get murdered!"

After breakfast, they were pretty much set. The hunters had the courtesy to pack a backpack for her, which was filled with everything from a tent, lighters, snacks and odd bits of survival gear. As always, it weighed less than a feather on her back.

"Ready to go?" Percy elbowed her, grinning. Bianca told him yes, as they made their way out of town and into the mountains. He seemed a lot more relaxed, at least until Zoe Nightshade decided to join them.

"Percy, Bianca, wait up!" she said as she jogged to catch up with them.

Percy turned to the demi-titan and raised an eyebrow. "Lieutenant Nightshade," he greeted formally. He might have sneaked in a salute. Since when did he start calling her by that? "What may we do have the pleasure?"

Zoe rolled her eyes at the son of Poseidon. "Give it a break, Percy. We can continue our... our discussion another time. I've come to accompany you two on your venture to the Underworld."

"What?"

"Artemis has just remembered that for general safety on a quest, there must be a group of three that ventures out. Three is a sacred unbreakable number, and since our goal is the underworld, we might need it."

"But this isn't a quest, and we've been INVITED to the underworld," Percy rationalized.

Zoe sighed, "Would you prefer if I send another hunter with you two? Rachel perhaps?"

Percy's face reddened. "What – no – what are you saying?"

"I'm saying –"

"Don't I have a say into this?" Bianca finally spoke up. The two looked at her, probably ashamed by their actions, but one couldn't know for sure when it came to those two.

"Oh. Of course," Percy stammered while Zoe looked away from the son of Poseidon.

"Okay, so I want Zoe along. I mean, if you still want to come, that is, lieutenant."

Zoe growled, "Of course."

Bianca clapped her hands. "That settles it!" She looked at the sky. By her estimates it was already nearing seven o'clock. "I may be new at this, but we better get going. I don't know about you two, but all that hype during breakfast about Phoebe's venison makes me want to be back by then. So let's get a move on!"

Ω

They made it to DOA Studios by one in the afternoon. It had been a long one thousand mile trek, across the rugged dry steppes of Utah and the worse run in visits of at the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. Gladly, the trio had decided to make a wide arch around the Las Vegas strip.

Bianca didn't have fond memories of the place, and she suspected neither did Percy. If they had even gotten close to the Lotus Casino... She shuddered. She did not want to spent another seventy years at the place, just when she was getting somewhat accustomed to the early 21st century.

"This is the place?" Zoe asked as they strolled down Valencia Boulevard. Ahead of them was this large steel building lined with pitch black marble. On top etched in large golden letters were: DOA RECORDING STUDIOS

Underneath stenciled on the lone glass doors that decorated the front of the building read: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING.

Percy whistled looking at the building as a whole. "This place is bigger than I remember it. Hades must've upgraded it recently. Maybe Charon used those Drachmas I gave him."

"You've visited the Underworld before?" Bianca asked him.

He nodded, but did not reveal any details.

Zoe stared at the signs with a calm gleam. "After all these years of escaping and avoiding death, I never thought I would walk into the underworld under my own will."

Percy murmured an agreement. The two seemed mesmerized by the shiny glass doors.

Bianca sighed. Something odd was happening between those two, but she didn't dwell on the idea. She pushed open the doors and walked in. Reluctantly, her two friends followed.

Inside, the lobby was brightly lit and featured a spacious seating area. What was surprising was that the place was full of people... Dead ones anyway. They were what you would expect. They looked pretty much like normal people except the fact they were mostly transparent.

Behind the security desk sat a tough-looking guard with sunglasses and an earpiece.

The man was tall, elegant, and handsome, with chocolate-colored skin and bleached-blond hair, shaved military style. He wore tortoise-shell shades and a silk Italian suit that matched his hair. A black rose was pinned to his lapel under a silver name tag.

She turned to her friends. "What now?"

Percy pointed to the security guard. "We talk to him."

The guard looked up from his papers when Percy pointed at him, and he dropped his shades, revealing his eyes. His eyes are empty, full of death and despair.

"Jackson."

Percy grinned, "Charon."

The man grunted, "Dead this time, boy?"

Percy shook his head, "Not quite yet, but I'm here for Lord Hades." Percy brandished his ring, causing the (Greek) god of boundaries' eyes to widen.

"Well, I suppose that since you got me that raise, I could take you and your friends."

His soulless eyes scanned the two girls.

His eyes first landed on Zoe, "The girl is nervous. Don't like the feeling of death, girlie?"

Before Zoe could retort, the man spoke again. This time, his vision was fixed on Bianca.

"You-" He sniffed the air, "You must be that Nico kid's big sister. He couldn't stop yapping about how great you are all the way across the Styx."

Bianca blushed, then felt guilt creep into her. She had abandoned Nico for immortality but yet he apparently still talked really high of her.

"Percy? Zoe? Bianca?"

A familiar voice made the three of them turn their heads.

"Annabeth?!" Percy rushed forward and tried to embrace the blonde daughter of Athena.

She looked exactly as she did, before her death.

He failed and ran straight through her, landing flat on his face, Bianca glanced at Zoe, she seemed to almost be glaring at the blonde.

"Jealous much?" Bianca whispered, shoving her lieutenant.

"Shut up," Zoe hissed.

Annabeth turned around to face Percy, "What are you doing here Percy?"

The boy got on his feet and dusted off his silver parka and grinned at her, "We're here to see Nico."

Annabeth nodded and smiled, "I missed you."

Percy's smile grew somber, "Yeah, me too."

The blonde then attempted to cheer the boy up, "Hey, don't be sad, My time had come. Don't waste the rest of your life moping about. I'm sure you'll be fine."

Percy grinned at the girl again. Annabeth then gained an inquisitive expression, "What's with the silver? Don't tell me-"

He cut her off, "Yep, I gotta stay with the hunters."

Annabeth laughed, "Good luck then. I'm not hoping to see you on this side just because you pissed off those angry feminists"

Zoe coughed, Annabeth sent her an apologetic look.

"Well, I guess not all of them are too bad. You two are fine."

Percy smiled, "Thalia too."

Annabeth's eyes widened, "She joined the hunters?! Why?"

She was gonna turn sixteen, the gods made her a hunter to delay the great prophecy.

Charon cleared his throat, "We need to get going, I don't have all day."

"Alright then Annabeth, I guess this is goodbye for good then."

"Yeah..."

Percy turned away, walking towards the other hunters that had come with him.

"Why are you still here, don't you have the drachmas the pay for the voyage into the underworld?"

Annabeth smiled slightly, "I guess I just didn't want to let go of my life quite yet. I- I'm just scared..." Her expression then hardened, "But, I think I'm ready now."

Percy turned to Charon. He spoke in a tone that left no room for argument, "Annabeth is coming with us till the Styx."

The ferryman didn't bother, "As long as she pays. She can go with you until she reaches the judges."

Percy grinned, Annabeth jogged over to the four and smiled at them.

The five of them walked toward's Charon's boat.

"How are you gonna get all the way to Lord Hades' Palace? Last time wasn't very easy."

Percy showed the girl his golden ring, making her gasp.

"It looks beautiful, but how is a ring going to help you."

Percy grinned, "Hades said that it will teleport me to anywhere I want in the underworld, and I can use it to get out."

Annabeth stared at him wide eyed, "You gained the favor of one of the Big Three?"

Percy nodded with a toothy grin, "Yeah, I know I'm pretty awesome."

Bianca finally decided to clear her throat, deciding that she was feeling left out.

"Forgotten about me, have you Annabeth?"

Even though she had lost all color, Bianca could've sworn seeing a blush illuminate on the daughter of Athena's face. "Of course not, Bianca. It's just that-"

Bianca cut her off with a laugh, "It's fine. This might be the last time you get to see Percy." she managed to say in between chuckles. Bianca gained a mischievous glint, "Maybe."

The others looked at her weirdly but said nothing.

Zoe was still glaring at Annabeth, but no one seemed to notice except Bianca.

"We're here."

Bianca looked forward was surprised to say the least. Moments ago they were still in the lobby but the scene had faded away like an illusion. The murky waters of the river was all she could see. The entire river was littered in broken hopes and dreams, remnants of a life that people wished to forget.

"Home..."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

39.3K 1.7K 34
🌷 "We're Greek, Percy. We're all born with tragedy in our blood. It's those who learn to accept it and stay true to themselves who are heroes." Th...
225K 5.3K 54
Percy Jackson grew up in the town of Manhattan, New York. He was a nobody there. At his school, he had no one but his best friend, Annabeth Chase. Th...
284 22 22
Annabeth is immediately intrigued by the new camper. He's a bit older than the usual newcomers but then again, Thalia was 23 and still hung around. T...
12.3K 335 21
---𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙝 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙘𝙩...