Forbidden Gift [Derek Hale]

By storiesbysarah

he had a tendency to love the things that he knew would destroy him, so maybe that's why he could never leave... More

intro
Chapter 1: Beacon Hills
Chapter 2: Derek Hale
Chapter 3: Visionary
Chapter 4: Prize
Chapter 5: Kale
Chapter 6: Realm
Chapter 7: Forbidden
Chapter 8: Scream
Chapter 9: Powerful
Chapter 10: Fears
Chapter 11: Dad
Chapter 12: Pilae
Chapter 13: Aiden
Chapter 14: Voices
Chapter 15: Love
Chapter 17: Want
Chapter 18: Strength
Chapter 19: Defeat
Chapter 20: Switch
Chapter 21: Forbidden Gift
Chapter 22: Nature
Chapter 23: Black
Chapter 24: Sword
Chapter 25: Flames
Chapter 26: Story
Chapter 27: Date
Chapter 28: Alexander
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Illuminated
Chapter 31: Ilea
Chapter 32: Nostalgia
Chapter 33: Hell
Chapter 34: Paralyzed
Chapter 35: Gone
MESSAGE AND NEWS FROM THE AUTHOR (:
UPDATE
UPDATE... again
SEQUEL UPDATE
CHARACTERS

Chapter 16: Hurt

7.6K 179 22
By storiesbysarah

Liz walked into the lunchroom, spotting her friends at their normal table. She took a deep breath before walking over to them. "Hey, guys." She sat next to Stiles, taking another deep breath.

"Hey, what's up?" Scott asked.

"I've got some bad news."

"What?"

"Well, since my mother passed and my dad put the house up for sale and disappeared, I'm moving in with my moms parents next week."

"You're moving?" Lydia asked, shocked. 

"Yeah..."

"Have you talked to you know who? Either of the you know who's? You know they both deeply care for you no matter what. This will crush them." Scott said.

"I know, but I can't bring myself to tell them yet. I don't want them to hear it from anyone except me, got it?" They all nodded. She rested her chin on her hands, keeping her elbows on the table.

"How could you?"

Liz turned around, seeing Aiden pushing through the cafeteria doors. "Oh no," she said, standing from the table quickly, running after him. She chased him all the way down to the parking lot. "Aiden!!!" Liz finally caught up to him at his motorcycle.

"Aiden, please listen to me."

"What? Was this your plan? Make everyone here care for you then just leave without saying goodbye?"

Liz could feel her eyes beginning to burn from the tears welling up in them. "Aiden, please. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else. I can't help that I'm moving!!"

"You're moving?"

She turned to the side, seeing Derek. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

Liz grabbed at her hair, pulling at it as she became more and more stressed. "I can't do this anymore!!" Her wrist burned more and more every second she became further stressed out.

"Liz, just calm down, okay?" Aiden said, rubbing her arm.

"Aiden, don't touch me. I don't know what I could do to you right now," Liz mumbled under her breath. She forced her eyes shut, her body collapsing to the ground.

"Liz!!" Derek screamed, running over to her as she fell to the asphalt.

"What's happening?!" Aiden screamed.

"She's going into a different realm. Come on, help me. We need to get her back to my place."

--------

Liz laid motionless on the bed in Derek's room. She hadn't moved once since the boys brought her to the loft. Derek sat in the bedside chair as Aiden sat across from him on the floor. "You think she'll wake up soon?" he asked.

"I don't know. It's been a few hours. She's never been out that long."

"I wonder what she's dreaming about. What she's seeing right now."

"I bet she'll tell us," Derek said, keeping his focus on her. "Did she ever tell you why she was moving?"

"Her dad put the house up for sale and then left. She's staying with her moms parents from what I heard."

"Where's that?" Derek questioned.

"No clue," he said, staring at the ground.

"Hopefully not far." He grabbed her hand, cupping it in his. He pulled it to his lips, kissing her hand. "Hopefully."

"You really love her, don't you?" Aiden lifted his head.

"I've never had someone like her, man. Even when she knew I could hurt her, she wasn't afraid. She kept coming back. She's honest, caring, she doesn't back down from anything, and she's sweet. Sometimes she can be stubborn and only take her own opinion into thought, but I wouldn't want anyone else in my life. She reminds me everyday what it's like to be loved and I can't begin to explain how incredible that feels."

"She really loves you. You know that right?"

"Sometimes I do. Other times, it's like she could care less."

"Derek. She loves you. I've seen the way she looks at you compared to me. I wish I could get the look she gives you. I wish I could get the same smile she gives you. I wish I could grab her attention like you do. I'd do anything for those things. I'm willing to kill for her, but you're willing to die for her. She needs that. She's a tough one, but in the end, she needs someone like you. She needs you, Derek."

"Thank you, Aiden."

Aiden paused before looking back to Derek. "You know what's going to happen right? When she finds out that what we told her is true?"

"I know. I know I can't be with her."

"It's going to crush her, Derek."

"You think I'm happy about that?!" he screamed, clinching his fists. "I'd give anything to change that."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know. If she didn't have Visionary blood, it would be okay. Everything would be fine."

"But she does. You can't change that, Derek." Aiden stood from the floor and began walking towards the stairs. "You can't do anything. It's best for all of us if we just forget it ever happened." He left without another word.

-------------

"Dad?"

"Hello, Elizabeth."

"Dad, what am I supposed to do? Everything's falling apart. People saw me stop a car with my bare hands! You're leaving. I know you don't care anymore, but I need help. What do I do?"

"Elizabeth, I can't help you."

"You can't or you won't?! Think about the day you first saw me, the day I was born. Mom always told me about that day. You said it was the happiest you've ever been."

"Elizabeth, that time is over." He began walking away from her, as her eyes teared up.

"No! It's not over! You're my dad! Whether you admit it or not, you have a connection to me. A connection you can't ever lose! I know you! I know you care! You can't leave me now! You have to help me!"

"I can't. There's nothing I can do. You're moving in with your grandparents and this will be the last you ever see me, Beacon Hills, or your new found friends."

"You can't do that!"

"Enough!" he yelled. "That's enough, Elizabeth." He turned, walking away.

"You're sick. You're a sick, greedy man and you will never have anyone care about you as much as mom and I did. You are a disgusting person. I can't believe I was cursed with a father like you." Liz slammed her eyes shut, letting tears drip down her face.

She opened her eyes as wide as possible. "Derek?" she said, noticing him beside her.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Derek, I can't do this anymore. I can't leave. Let me stay with you."

"I can't do that, Liz."

"Why? I thought you loved me. I thought you cared." She sat up, facing him.

"I do. It's just," he took a deep breath. "It's just, I can't be with you."

"Why? I thought that you," the lightbulb in her head went off. "They were right."

"I'm sorry."

"What even is the rule or law or whatever it is?" Liz challenged. "Is it even real?"

"It's real, Lizzie. It's from a very long time ago and nobody ever thought it would come into effect, until you showed up. I'm sorry, I wish it was different."

"You knew the whole time, Derek! You knew I couldn't be with you, and you didn't tell me! Why?"

"I couldn't hurt you."

"Little late on that one." She stood from the bed, ignoring anything else he said to her. Liz rushed down the stairs, nearly tripping herself. She opened the giant door and ran down to the street, turning in circles, looking for somewhere to go. As she did, she felt hands come onto her shoulders, stopping her from circling.

"Aiden?"

"Come on, I'll drive you home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 906 21
As we all who watch the Pokemon Anime know Ash doesn't show his achievements to his new companions at all.But what if at the end of Alola a cetain my...
175K 5.4K 23
As June settles back into Pelican Town for a fresh start, she expects a calm and peaceful life devoid of any haunting memories from the city. Little...
683K 42K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
242K 4.6K 26
She's always been there in the background for Tommy Shelby; Forever loyal to the man she loves but with new complications with the police and new ene...