Escape [Sasuke Uchiha]

By phyxillie

"You're the only annoying person whose company I can really tolerate," confessed Sasuke. I rolled my eyes bu... More

Chapter 01: Heavy Heart
Chapter 02: Dicey Duel
Chapter 03: Last One Standing
Chapter 04: Shocking News
Chapter 05: Enraged
Chapter 06: My Dear Sister
Chapter 07: Ninjas From The Sand
Chapter 08: His Presence
Chapter 09: Sudden Confession
Chapter 10: Rock Lee
Chapter 11: The Twelve Rookies Have Assembled
Chapter 12: The Written Test
Chapter 13: The Tenth Question
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Second Exam
Chapter 16: The Softest Gaze
Chapter 17: Love At First Sight
Chapter 18: Make It Fair
Chapter 19: I Am His To Fight
Chapter 20: The True Purpose
Chapter 21: The First Match
Chapter 22: One Step Closer
Chapter 23: Watch Me
Chapter 24: Match Ups
Chapter 25: Black Abyss
Chapter 26: The Unspoken Question
Chapter 27: At His Mercy
Chapter 28: He Was Here
Chapter 29: My Safe Haven
Chapter 30: Enthralling Beauty
Chapter 31: The Final Exam
Chapter 32: The Battle For Family Honor
Chapter 33: Especially You
Chapter 34: The Long-Awaited Match
Chapter 35: The Invasion
Chapter 36: The Opposite Meaning
Chapter 37: His Humble Abode
Chapter 38: On One Condition
Chapter 39: Queen of the Night
Chapter 40: His Answer
Chapter 41: Her Feelings
Chapter 42: The Promise
Chapter 44: Itachi And Kisame
Chapter 45: Naruto's Reassurance
Chapter 46: Two Things
Chapter 47: His Wish
Chapter 48: The Change
Chapter 49: Showdown
Chapter 50: Back To Normal
Chapter 51: Sasuke Retrieval Team
Chapter 52: Not A Threat, But A Promise
Chapter 53: Escape
Chapter 54: Bad Ending
Chapter 55: The Aftermath
Sequel: Selfish Desire

Chapter 43: The Looming Danger

10.1K 386 231
By phyxillie

[The next morning...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

Reina and I had left the house and headed for the giant main gate of Konoha when we ran into Kakashi Hatake, the leader and the teacher of Team 7. He was standing in front of a dumpling restaurant with a noticeable grim look on his face which aroused raging curiosity in me and I bet Reina felt the same way, too. But that dour look vanished in a flash when he noticed our incoming presences. He waved at us casually, "Oh, it's you two. Where are you heading off to?"

"We have a meeting at a small town not far from here," Reina answered as polite as she could, "Anyway, what are you doing here, Kakashi-san?"

The infamous copycat ninja closed his eyes into an eye-smile, "Well, I have some things I have to take care of here. By the way, Reina," I was keenly aware of how Kakashi uttered my sister's name in a very clear voice, "I heard from some Jounins that you have been a very hardworking shinobi lately. Your parents must be so proud of you, yes?"

Reina frowned right away, evidently perplexed with the subject Kakashi brought up out of the blue. Despite feeling bemused, she responded with as much respect as she could give to the expert Jounin while I turned a deaf ear to their chitchat.

I cast my eyes to the dumpling restaurant beside us, surveying it idly until my eyes reached on two customers who took the table near the entrance. They wore identical black cloaks which bore red cloud patterns. Straw hats were placed on top of their heads, projecting mysterious shadows over their faces. It's because of this reason that I could not get a good look at them.

I fixed my gaze on them the entire time. Aren't they feeling hot while wearing those seemingly thick cloaks? Why aren't they removing their hats off while they are sitting down in the restaurant? They can also take off the cloaks for a while. That's odd... but I shouldn't stick my nose into their businesses, though. They are strangers, after all.

"Ayuda," I threw my eyes back to Kakashi who was now peering down at me, "I am hoping to see you and Sasuke battling it out again. I never knew that watching rivals sparring could be such an entertaining thing to watch."

I shyly laughed in response while Reina cut in, "Oh? They had a battle? Did she get hurt?"

"Well..." Kakashi replied hesitantly, "...both of them got hurt equally but not as severe as that time when they were rushed to the hospital. They were just throwing light punches and kicks. It was a harmless fight, Reina, so don't worry."

"Is that so...?" Reina sighed in relief. Then she turned her head to look at me, "Next time, bring me with you. I want to see you kick his butt."

An uncertain smile reached my mouth as I spoke up, "I'll try."

Reina slipped her attention back to the masked ninja saying, "We'll get going now, Kakashi-san. Have a nice day."

"I understand. Be careful on your journey, you two," Kakashi nodded his head while flashing an eye-smile to us.

We made another stop at Ichiraku Ramen shop because Ayame, the brown-haired girl who worked there, was also a friend of Reina, so she called her in and asked her about our situation. Ayame and her father Teuchi, the one who owned the ramen shop, also greeted me with affable smiles. After apprising them about the meeting and bidding them farewells, Reina and I proceeded to the main gate.

***

[One hour later...]

My mind kept wandering off ever since we departed the village. I was unable to dissuade my brain from replaying a certain flashback – the flashback of me and Sasuke yesterday... the part where he wanted to ask me something before Reina untimely interrupted us.

What was it that he wanted to ask me? It sounds very important – something that sounds unbelievable for someone like Sasuke to say it. He was so shy and he nearly became a blushing mess before my eyes! Ugh, I should've just forced him to tell me before I walked away. Now I have to spend hours of dealing with this unbearable curiosity! I have to withstand this until we get back to-

"...da-chan. Yuda-chan? Hey, Ayuda!"

My sister's stentorian voice boomed through my ear making my eyes widen in a flash as my entire form jolted like a startled rabbit. I shot my attention to Reina who was judging me quietly. She then warily asked me, "I can tell that something is troubling you, Yuda-chan. You have been unusually inattentive since we walked past the gate. Can you give me a penny for your thoughts?"

I shook my head, pulling my mouth wider to bring forth a fake smile, "I'm perfectly fine, Reina-oneesan. I was just thinking about what food we will eat when we reach the town."

A sigh came out of her mouth afterward, "Yuda-chan, it's pretty useless to come up with a petty excuse like that when I know you're lying."

I cast my eyes downward in shame and guilt, "I'm sorry, oneesan. It's just... I feel like I can handle the problem all by myself... and it is not a big problem after all."

Reina began, "But I'm worried, Yuda-chan. It is really rare to see you looking so distracted. I hope you can tell me what it is right now or-"

"Oh? Hey, it's you two!"

The two of us turned our heads to the side, staring in confusion at the two incoming figures over our shoulders. One of them was nearly the same height as I was while the other one was considerably taller than Reina. I would be lying if I said I was not surprised to see Naruto Uzumaki there. I blinked my eyes once, "Naruto?"

"What are you doing here, Ayuda?" the blond boy asked, tilting his head to the side in pure bewilderment.

I was about to ask him the same question when Reina's voice shattered the brief silence, "Ah... Jiraiya-sama...?"

Tearing my gaze off of Naruto, I began scanning his other tall friend who stood beside him quietly. He had waist-length, spiky white hair that was tied back into a pony-tail, two red lines under his eyes that extended further down his face, and a wart on the left side of his nose. He donned a green short shirt kimono and matching pants, hand guards, a black belt, traditional wooden sandals, and a red haori. There was a giant scroll attached on his back and he wore a horned forehead protector with the kanji for "oil".

Who is this guy...? He looks scary.

The next second after that thought crossed my mind, the giant man suddenly beamed at me and Reina and greeted us rather loudly, "Hello there, girls! It's a fine day today, isn't it?!"

"Aaaaah!" Naruto exclaimed, "Stop! Stop fooling around already, Ero-sennin! If you keep doing this, we won't reach-!"

The white-haired man snapped, "Shh! Stop calling me that!"

I ended up sweating and giving them a deadpan look as I witnessed them bickering for a short while. Well, that man doesn't look scary to me now. I should have known that looks can be pretty deceiving.

It turned out that Naruto and the white-haired guy – whom I learned his name as Jiraiya, one of the three legendary Sannin – were searching for the other Sannin lady named Tsunade, for she was well-suited to be the next Hokage of the Leaf Village.

Their amusing presences had definitely helped me in taking my mind off of Sasuke's incomplete question. I was no longer inattentive and Reina seemed to have forgotten the serious talk we had, too, which was a good thing.

Jiraiya inquired Reina the reason why we sisters were out here and she answered with the same reply she gave to Kakashi early that day. After listening to her response, Jiraiya took a quick glimpse at Naruto and informed him his new plan that they would be staying in the same town that Reina and I were bound for to rest for the night, and the next day they would carry on with their journey. Naruto let out a disgruntled groan but agreed nonetheless.

***

[30 minutes later...]

"Finally, we're here!" I stated in relief as I extended my arms skyward and stretched my limbs gently as soon as we reached the gate to the lodging town. We advanced deep into the half-crowded city, allowing ourselves to be surrounded by buildings of various shapes. A continuous stream of idle chatter filled the air with no hint of cessation.

Reina led the group to a fancy-looking hotel, making me realize that this was the place where we would stay for the night. Naruto and Jiraiya just trailed behind us. I absentmindedly eavesdropped on their heated exchange about Naruto stating that he still had enough stamina to travel and learn a new jutsu, which the Sannin soon replied that an apprentice – who was Naruto in this case – should follow the teacher's orders obediently.

So that means... Jiraiya will teach Naruto a new technique? That's so cool. Having a Sannin to teach you is...

"Yuda-chan," Reina called me, pulling my entire attention to her when a bag was tossed gently towards me. My arms shot up instinctively to make a grab for it, clutching it tightly to my chest, bringing my eyes up to send a quizzical look at my sister who had definitely pitched the bag at me. She regarded me with a sweet smile, "I will attend the meeting now. I have already booked a room for the two of us, so why don't you stay there until I return?"

I furrowed my eyebrows sadly, "Do you have to go now?"

"Yes, the meeting will begin shortly so I must make haste," she turned to the white-haired Sannin, "Jiraiya-sama, I hope you can take care of Ayuda while I'm gone. You and Naruto can accompany her in our hotel room for the time being. But please..." this was when Reina's voice turned dark and ominous, "...if you even think of something inappropriate and touch her, like even the slightest touch of a thin needle, I will erase your very existence in this world."

Beads of sweat magically emerged on his face upon registering my sister's words which were voiced out with menacing venom. His huge body went rigid in fear, his eyes widened markedly, his lips were pressed together into a straight line, and his legs quivered in a very obvious manner I bet even Naruto noticed it too.

Reina dropped the keys to our hotel room on his hand and walked out. After watching her exit the building, I heard Naruto querying Jiraiya about his sudden change of mood. The Sannin almost stammered, "It's nothing... she just reminds me of Tsunade, that's all..."

Naruto and I did nothing but frown in confusion after that.

Before I could think of anything, a slender figure slipped into my vision, appearing out of the blue just outside the building. Jiraiya and Naruto were also aware of the new presence. I realized – after studying the mysterious figure – that it was an alluring lady with long black hair and a pair of black eyes; she was sporting a short purple dress, stylish yellow belt around her curvy waist, a necklace and a pair of high heels. I had to admit that she looked beautiful.

And of course, I was not the only one thought of that since Jiraiya and Naruto began blushing furiously with their eyes and mouths wide open. They produced weird, perverted noises out of their throats and I was just standing there, gazing at the seductive lady with an uninterested, deadpan look. When that lady winked at them, Jiraiya started hopping on his spot in enchantment.

"Naruto!" Jiraiya shouted, and when the blushing boy turned his head to look at him, the Sannin swiftly passed the keys to him and, with his voice that was unable to contain his excitement, said, "Here are the keys. Go to the room with Ayuda, mold some chakra, train, and go to sleep. Okay?"

"What?!" the blond boy scowled deeply and wasted no time to holler, "Are you trying to say that from here on out is the world of adults?! That's not fair, Ero-sennin!"

I sighed, "You boys..."

But... will Sasuke react like that if he sees a beautiful lady? No... there's no way he will react like that.

The hotel room Reina booked for us consisted of two single beds, a few nightstands, a bathroom, a table and a chair, and other objects that were not worth mentioning here. It was not much but we're only here for one night so I remained calm and sat on my bed, cleaning my bow with care and love, while Naruto was seated on the other bed, forming a hand sign with an angry face, grumbling several incoherent words once in a while.

***

"Have you seen a boy with a stupid face, a big white-haired man, a girl with purple eyes and black hair, and her sister around here?"

"Our inn is for women only but I haven't seen such girls here."

"I'm looking for four people. A stupid, blonde boy, a girl with purple eyes and black hair around my age, a white-haired man, and another tall lady. Are they staying here?"

"We only have the seniors staying here."

Sasuke Uchiha ran out of the store as soon as he heard the word "seniors". He stopped in the middle of the street, glaring at the building in front of him which looked like a beautifully decorated hotel. He got a feeling that Ayuda and Reina were in there, but what about Naruto and the white-haired Sannin? There were chances that those two groups went on separate ways. But the young Uchiha boy couldn't help but think that they had definitely stumbled upon each other during their journeys.

Why was Sasuke there?

It was not long ago when Sasuke walked into Kakashi's bedroom and realized there were teachers from other squads – Asuma, Kurenai, Might Guy, and even Shiori. Kakashi was lying on his bed, seemingly sick and unresponsive. He easily perceived the grim and awkward atmosphere in the room, causing him to ask numerous questions straightaway when an unknown shinobi rushed into the room and screamed about Itachi Uchiha returning to the village to find Naruto.

The ravenette had been running from here to there and ended up entering the Ichiraku Ramen shop which he obviously knew that it was Naruto's favorite shop. Upon seeing no traces of his fellow teammate there, he asked Teuchi. What he heard next made his blood run cold.

"Oh, there is a lodging town a little far from here. Naruto left with Jiraiya-san, a big white-haired man, one of three legendary Sannins. And if I'm not mistaken, a girl around your age is heading to that place too. I think her name is... Ayumi...?"

Sasuke couldn't believe it. While he was processing this newfound information, his tongue uttered her name absentmindedly and with concern, "Ayuda..."

"Ah, yes! Ayuda is her name! She is heading there with her sister!" Teuchi grinned, unaware of Sasuke's condition.

Without further ado, he exited the shop and sprinted out of the main gate that instant.

It was hard to take this all in. His older brother whom he had the everlasting desire to kill, his annoying teammate, and the girl whom he felt deep affection for are all in one place. If Ayuda and Naruto met by chance when they were on their ways there, then that means Ayuda was in grave danger as well. It was a very bad timing and he freely allowed himself to voice out a line of curses while running as fast as his legs could carry him.

And here he was, standing in front of a building where he got a feeling that Ayuda was in there.

He rushed to the counter, slammed his palm down on the desk and asked rather impatiently, "Have you seen a boy with a stupid face and yellow hair, a girl with purple eyes and black hair, a man with white hair, and a lady with brown eyes around here?"

"White hair?" the man who looked quite relaxed repeated in confusion.

Sasuke asked with a lot of anger this time, "Are they here?!"

"Hmm..." the man looked up at the ceiling and said with clear uncertainty, "I may have seen them when I changed shifts."

His words only made Sasuke's eyes narrowed in annoyance. This was what he hated most – someone who delayed everything.

"Ah!" he spoke up again with his eyes shining brighter than before, "Oh, a blond kid and a white-haired old man."

"Are they here?! What room?!" he inquired speedily. He did realize that there was no mention of Ayuda and Reina whatsoever, but since Itachi's main target was Naruto at the moment, it would be much safer to see Naruto first, and when everything was alright, he would go and search for Ayuda. That's what he had planned early on. And he sincerely hoped that Ayuda was far, far away from Naruto. Far, far away from Itachi's target.

Both the ravenette and the boy who worked on the counter looked down at the book which had registered customers' info. The worker said, "Let's see... Second floor, end of the hall, room 1."

Sasuke had already gone up the stairs when the boy reached midway of his words. However, he was a hundred percent oblivious to the fact that the customers who booked the said room were not Naruto and Jiraiya.

***

Ayuda's P.O.V

Knock. Knock.

I brought my gaze to the door, wondering who would knock the door just a few minutes after we entered the room. All I could think of was either Reina or Jiraiya standing on the other side of the door. The thought of someone else standing there had never crossed my mind. Naruto, who was as clueless as me, spoke up, "What? He's already been dumped and decided to come back now?"

He was going to jump out of bed when I told him, "I'll open the door."

"Okay," Naruto sat back down on the bed and brought his hands up together to form a famous hand sign.

I laid my bow down on the bed and stood up, making a beeline for the door. Once I reached it, I unlocked it using the key and twisted the knob, glancing upwards to look at the person who had made an attempt to communicate with us.

I didn't expect that I would look deep into the eyes of someone who had striking resemblance as Sasuke. It was definitely not Sasuke, but someone who looked alike, taller, older, and far more intimidating than the Uchiha I knew.

***

A/N: What do you guys think about this new chapter? Tell me in the comment section below! Thank you! ー( ' ▽ ' )ノ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 145 28
Sasuke is known to be the loner, the nerd that no one hangs out with, the one who gets bullied, the one who is barely acknowledged. But sasuke doesn'...
137K 2.4K 47
Sayuri Masato has hated Sasuke Uchiha since they were children. They always tease each other, they always insult each other whenever they get a chanc...
31.9K 1.2K 19
"Love is friendship, if she can't be my bestfriend then I can't love her." Sasuke said, turning around to wink at Karin. And that's when I realized...
534K 19.2K 190
BOOK ONE | 87 Chapters | She's the girl who can't seem to have others keep their eyes off her. Not cause she's attractive, but because she isn't. She...