The Muted Luna (Sequel to TAS...

By princess_anabel

"Life was never the same after that moment. After I left.... I was the never the same. But what do you expect... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
(Chapter 5)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 26

14.1K 448 82
By princess_anabel

                (Eva's POV)

         "I knew we should have stopped months ago." Jasmine said setting me down on my bed.

          "You know why we can't."

"This is getting too much for you."

I growled at her and she sighed.

"You're going to kill yourself if you keep doing this."

"You know just as well as I do, he needs this." Jasmine looked at me and shook her head.

"Do you feel nauseous?" she asked as she dug through her bag.

"No."

"Do you feel slugish?"

"No. I'm fine. I just got light headed." she took the needle out and I rolled up my sleeve.

She injected the needle into my arm and I felt the stinging sensation flow throughout my body.

She took another needle and on the other arm she withdrew the blood.

"This should be enough."

She opened her locked box and placed it in with the other samples that she took.

"I'm going to start testing them. In the meanwhile, go have dinner with your family."

I placed band-aids on my arms and rolled my sleeves back down.

"MY pack is my family." she starred at me and sighed.

"I can't tell you how to feel about them and I can't force you to forgive them either. But, some of us would kill to have a family who cares as much as yours. Don't take it for granted." She smiled at me, grabbed her bags and left my tent.

I didn't know if I got light headed because of the injections or because my wolf was trying to break through the barrier I set her in.

I haven't spoken to my wolf in over two years and I could feel myself growing weaker.

But I refuse to let her out. Things are better this way.

I walked out and everyone was setting up more fire pits to eat at. They all bowed their heads at me as I walked through the groups.

I saw Adam and he saw me. I signaled him over as we went by a tree to speak.

"Where is Ivan?"

"I've spoken to him already. He says he was there the entire time and I found others to support his story."

"And you're sure you put them in there?"

"Positive."

I looked around at everyone in my pack and I knew none of them could be traders.

Their loyalty to me is strong.

"From now on high ranks are to be guarding the supplies. And I want to know who took all of our items. In the meantime, we will gather supplies here at the pack house."

"Why not just go into town?"

"Too many humans are hunters. The minute we set foot in town, they will know. And I don't want that type of attention its to big of a risk."

"We do have the protection spray that Jasmine made."

"That has yet to be tested."

"Only one way to find out." he said

I nodded my head and looked at Jasmine who was looking at me.

I looked away and looked back at Adam.

"We will go tomorrow. If we need anything for the rest of the night than we will get it here."

"Or you can always ask your idiot mate to help out."

He smirked when he saw the blank stare that I gave him.

I growled before walking over to the rest of the group but not before hearing him try to stiffle a laugh.

"I will hurt you." I said as I looked at him.

He stopped laughing and we sat down around the fire with everyone else.

I looked down and there were dirty plates and cups on the floor.

"You all ate?" They all nodded their heads before Raven spoke out.

"We all know you lost your mother Eva. It wouldn't hurt to go to dinner for her."

I glared at her and shook my head.

"No. My mother knows how I feel about them. She'd understand."

I said getting up to walk to my tent.

"She would want you to go and at least try." Adam said looking at me.

I looked at the pack house and back at them before shaking my head.

"I can't." I went inside my tent and looked through my bag for my knife.

"If she was here do you think she would want that? Do you think she would want you to miss one dinner with your family? You and I both know she would be disappointed in you."

I turned and crossed my arms at Natalia.

"I don't see why it matters to you all."

"Because some of us don't have family who want us Eva. You have this family and you're taking it for granted. I'm not saying you have to forgive them, I'm just saying one dinner wouldn't hurt."

I stared at her for awhile before sighing.

"If I go. You and Adam have to come as well."

"But we already ate."

"That's my offer."

She glared at me before sighing.

"I can't." but I cocked an eye at her.

"Neither can I." I turned back around before she grabbed my arm and turned me to look at her.

"One dinner. That's it. Let this be your last goodbye and memories with them even if it isn't the best. You have something none of us will ever get."

"What?"

"A second chance." she let go of my arm and walked out of my tent.

I sat on my bed and ran my hands through my hair.

They don't deserve to have my company.

They are trying hard to fix something that is not broken.

I have learned to deal with everything that has happened in my past.

And that is exactly what it is, my past.

No amount of love or affection can change that.

But I did have my doubts.

My head was reeling with thoughts and memories of the younger version of my brothers and I.

Some great, others not so great.

I stood up from the bed and decided that one dinner wouldn't hurt.

I walked out of my tent and I could tell Natalia was smirking.

"I am not doing this for you, or me. I know my mother would want me to at least attend one dinner with them." she shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"What ever you say boss."

"Adam, keep me updated if anything happens you are to notify me immediately."

She nodded his head and I looked towards the pack house.

Once I was inside, I saw him.

I didn't know how to feel.

He looked so much older, and he stood more confidently.

He felt me starring as he turned his face towards me.

"Eva?" he said shock written all over his face.

"Mickey." I breathed. He ran towards me and lifted me up in the air.

"You're back." he said.

    I closed my eyes and I had this feeling in my gut. A feeling I hadn't felt in years. Trust.

I hugged him back until he finally let go.

"You look different." I said and he smiled rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yea its been years since I last saw you." he had a sad smile on his face but I shook my head.

"It is in the past. All is well?" I asked and he threw his head back and laughed.

"Well? Life is great. I got married and I have a kid now."

I cocked an eye at him and I honestly was taken back.

"Congratulations. You are with your mate?"

   If I remember correctly Mickey is gay. His mate was some Jock that treated him like crap.

So, to hear that he was married and has a kid was a little strange.

"Yea you remember him don't you?"

"The arrogant jock?"

"I wasn't that arrogant. Scared at the time? of course. But arrogant not so much." Mickeys mate came and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Sorry I was taking long, I ran into Jesse."

"Eva this is Ricky, my mate."

"Damn, is that you?" He said looking at me.

"I know shes changed but obviously its her."Mickey said rolling his eyes but Ricky shook his head.

"No, I know its her. But is that power radiating off of you?" He said looking at me.

I was about to answer when a pack member came up to me.

"Alpha, I'm sorry to interrupt but have you seen Rudy? I can't seem to find him anywhere."

The guys looked shocked but I ignored their looks and nodded my head.

"Rudy has been running the perimeter with Pete. Check the west wing."

Mary nodded her head at me and thanked me before bowing and leaving.

"Alpha?" Mickey said more shocked than anything.

I nodded my head at him and he looked impressed.

"Damn you leave for a couple years and you come back an Alpha? Where did you go cause I want to be an Alpha." I half smiled at his joke but looked behind him when I saw Athena enter to kitchen with her food.

"It was nice seeing you again Mickey. Ricky." I said as I nodded my head at him.

I excused myself ignoring Mickeys hurt expression for leaving so early.

"We need to catch up. I would love for you to meet our daughter."

I nodded my head at him and he smiled before saying his good byes.

I took a deep breath before I opened the kitchen doors.

Everyone in my family was there including Ethan, and Xavier.

They've gotten much older and it just now hit me that I missed the majority of their lives.

"Eva." Nate said smiling at me.

I nodded my head at him as I went to the far end of the table and took a seat.

Nate was at one end while I was at the other end.

Everyone was starring at me but I ignored their shocked faces and began to eat.

"I'm glad you joined us today." I looked up and nodded my head at Athena.

"So, Evangeline have you made any progress with your pack?"

I looked up at my father and cleared my throat.

"Progress?" I asked.

"Alpha Braxton has informed me that your pack is somewhat out of control. I assumed you were handling the situation."

I clenched my jaw but chose to let it go.

"My pack is doing just fine. Nothing has changed nor will it ever." I said looking at him.

Everyone was kind of looking at me and I knew this was a mistake,

"So you said the other day that you were traveling. Where have you gone?" Athena asked as she took a bite from her salad.

"I have traveled to Brazil, Paris, up the mountains of Asia. I have been to a few places all over the world."

I said as I took a bite on my lasagna.

"Wow, what were you doing in Asia?" I looked at Ariana and I shrugged my shoulders.

The kitchen door opened and in walked Braxton and James.

"I'm so glad you came. Please, will you join us for dinner?" my father asked.

James accepted but Braxton declined as he stood in the corner of the room.

"I am sorry we are late." Nate didn't look pleased to see Braxton but I didn't care to ask why.

I could feel his eyes burn into my skin.

I shifted in my seat as I continued to eat.

"So you were saying?" Athena asked again.

"Research." I replied but she pushed on.

"Research for what?"

"Unimportant."

She took the hint and backed off.

"Anywhere you all plan on going after you leave us?" Alex said.

"We haven't discussed it over it."

"We?"

"My pack and I." I said looking at Alex.

"You discuss things with your pack? Not saying its bad but Isn't that more for the higher ranks and not the entire pack?" Nate asked.

I shook my head as I whipped my mouth with my napkin.

"For the most part."

"Elaborate." My father said.

Keeping my wolf at bay I swallow my pride at his tone and continue.

"Every move I have made, every decision I made, every plan that I question or doubt I gather everyone and we discuss it as a pack."

"Sounds ridiculous to me." Alex said.

"No offense but not everything you do has to be ran by your pack. That's what the higher ranks are for."

But I shook my head.

"Do you care about your pack members?" I asked. Alex looked at Nate and Danny before answering me.

"Yes."

"Do they or do they not put their life in YOUR hands everyday?"

"I suppose."

"You suppose?" I asked.

"YES." he said harsher this time.

"If you care so much for them, why wouldn't you ask for their opinions? That is the problem when it comes to this pack. Everyone here follows you but not for the right reasons."

"They respect us Eva." Alex said clenching his jaw.

"They respect you because you are a higher rank than they are. They don't respect you. They follow you. Ask yourself, if it came down to it, how many of your people will kill themselves to save you? How many of your pack members will stand beside you through whatever decision you make?"

Nate looked at Alex as no one said anything.

"Like I said, they don't respect you. They follow you." I took another bite of my food before he spoke.

"An Alpha is a leader. So are his ranks. We make the hard decisions whether the pack likes it or not. We do what we have to do in order to keep them safe. But an Alpha who has to run back to his pack to ask permission is a coward."

I let out a little laugh before looking up at Braxton.

"Since you've become Alpha you've had six hundred and thirteen funerals. Nate has had two hundred and twenty five funerals. Me? I've had one. And it was the Alpha I killed. You all lost people because of what you thought was right. Not once did you ever consider how the pack felt or how they would be affected. But I guess you wouldn't understand considering your pack doesn't respect you either." he growled as my father snapped at me.

"Evangeline enough." he gave me a disapproving look but he kept going.

"My pack has an unbreakable loyalty to me."

"That's not loyalty its fear. They don't respect you Braxton, they fear you. You scare them into submission NOT by loyalty. You offer them a different Alpha, with less demanding rules, and regulations they would take it in a heart beat."

"Your pack is scared of you and you know it."

"They need to be." He said

But I shook my head.

"They don't. But they are. Which is why you've had so many deaths. My pack has an unbreakable loyalty to me because I consider their opinions and take it into consideration. I do whats best for my pack based on their opinions. People in that pack would die for me, but you? They would rather see you with a six inch knife sticking out of your throat." I said leaning forward in my chair.

Braxton's whole body was tensed and I knew I had won.

I pushed the plate away before leaning back in the chair. The kitchen door swung open and my heart dropped.

"Eva?" Her voice was so soft, so innocent.

She had grown so much, and it brought a smile to my face seeing her again.

"Emily." she ran towards me as I stood from my chair. I felt her arms around my waist as I returned her hug.

"It has been so long." I said.

I could feel her shaking and I knew she was crying. I pulled her away from my body and looked down at her.

"Do not cry Emily."

"I've missed you so much." she whipped away her tears as she looked up at me.

"And I, you. Did you receive my gift?" I said and she nodded her head.

She dug in her shirt and took out the necklace that had a moon stone in it. It was blessed my monk.

"My moms calling me but I just wanted to say hi and that I'm glad you're back. You're not leaving again are you?" I looked down at her and smiled a sad smile.

"Go. Before your mother worries." She nodded her head before running out. She has to be at least ten now. I watched as the door swung shut.

"We have some news that I think we want you all to know about." Athena said as her and Alex stood up.

"I'm pregnant." she said. Ariana and Destiny were screaming as they jumped up and hugged her.

All the men were congratulating Alex and giving him a hug.

"I can't believe it!"

"Are you sure?"

"When is the due date?"

"Boy or girl?"

Ariana and Destiny were throwing questions at her but she couldn't answer them yet.

"We just found out so I don't know what we're having. But I know deep down I'm pregnant. I only have one person to thank."

Athena looked at me as she walked over and gave me a hug.

"Two years ago when Eva left and we all thought she was hurting me that one night, she was actually helping. She found out what was wrong with my body and went in search for a cure. She came back and gave me a vile. I didn't believe that it would work but when I threw up three days ago I knew something was wrong. I did some test and that's when I found out."

Alex came over to me and did something unexpected.

He hugged me.

My body was stiff at first before I slowly hugged him back.

"I know I've been such a dick to you Eva, but I hope one day you can forgive me. What you did for Ath- what you did for us, I could never repay you for that." he looked at me before looking at Athena.

He lifted her up and swung her around as she giggled.

The buzz of the pregnancy was still going before I decided to make my way back to my pack.

I was going to say goodbye but thinking that I didn't want to ruin the moment I decided to leave quietly.

I was almost out the front door of the pack house before an arm reached out and grabbed.

Judging by the tingles I knew who it was.

His face was so close to mines, that his lips were basically scrapping my lips.

I could hear his heart beat from here.

His scent was so intoxicating that I didn't think I could keep my wolf at bay.

"I could take you right here, right now."

"But you won't." I said sternly.

His green eyes darted towards my lips and then to my eyes and I could see them getting darker.

"Are you testing me?" he said in a husky voice.

His eyes were now burning into mines, as he had his body pressed against my body.

I realized what I was doing and got out of his hold, pushing him off of me.

I straightened up and was going to walk out the door before his arm blocked me.

"What did you do to get that vile?"

I turned and growled at him.

"Move."

"No."

"NOW." I said glaring at him.

"Answer me first. That vile is extremely rare and old. I know you got it from a witch but my question is, what did you have to do in return?"

I could feel my throat tightened as I recalled that day.

I punched him in the stomach taking him off guard. It was enough time to push his arm out of the way before walking out of the pack house.

I sped walk towards my tent and when I looked back I could see his shadow.

And he could see me.
________________________________

   Eva brought more than a bike with her when she returned, she brought her dirty little secrets...

   Xoxo ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 291 13
Alpha Dmitri is the most powerful and strongest werewolf warrior in the werewolf world. He is feared by all creatures.Everyone calls him the Alpha Ki...
1.8K 88 9
It's been a year since Hannah's found out she's the moon goddess, she also is asked to rule all werewolf's with Aaron. If this Isn't enough to take i...
13 0 3
A half werewolf half wizard of the Autumn coven.Falls in love with a witch of the Winter coven.This description is not a good one and I don't know h...
83 5 4
19 year old Amelian silver moon pack and daughter of the mafia king. Even tho Amelia is from the second strongest mafia werewolf pack she's also an...