Blood Lust

Από AuthorJasmineGarcia

[UNEDITED] Something about the way she smiled was faux. Like the lashes that lined her eyelids. Like the make... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Chapter One: Finding Joy
Chapter Two: Slow Down
Chapter Three: Vicious Cycle
Chapter Four: Dinner Date
Chapter Five: A Look Into the Past
Chapter Six: Princeton Avenue
Chapter Seven: Safe Haven
Chapter Eight: Incriminating Isaiah
Chapter Ten: A Gift of Encouragement
Chapter Eleven: Withdrawal
Chapter Twelve: Out Cold
Chapter Thirteen: Guilty Verdict
Chapter Fourteen: Cutting Ties and Butterflies
Chapter Fifteen: Rehab [Part One]
Chapter Sixteen: Rehab [Part Two]
Chapter Seventeen: Passion
Chapter Eighteen: Tears on the Runway
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Nine: Sharing a Dance

711 49 0
Από AuthorJasmineGarcia

                        "Isn't it just beautiful? I knew when I saw this I had to have it for us. It's so perfect. The sun never hits this house directly, the area is scarce of noise. It's-" Ophelia sighed in happiness, staring around the marble interior of their temporary home. "Perfect." She was so proud of her chosen house where she and her vampire entourage would reside. She was gushing, babbling as she described the house in detail to all of them.

        "It's great, Pheli! Totally gorgeous. We can only expect the best from our Queen." Marissa gave a mocking bow, leading Ophelia to nudge her off balance, but she quickly caught the hem of her shirt to balance the blonde in her high heels. Ophelia had grown rather close to Marissa since the war between vampires had ended seven years ago. The two were inseparable, in fact she spent more time with Marissa than her own husband, though Tobias couldn't blame her. Her husband was as bland and hardened as stale bread. Jon just wasn't very interesting, but undoubtedly, he was someone they all admired.

        "Beautiful indeed, my Queen. Just as you are." Jon praised, resting a hand on her shoulder and she looked up happily having earned his approval.

        "Do you three enjoy it? I've found a house large enough so you may all have separate rooms." Yami, Kiroh, and Tobias allowed their eyes to wander the premise, the modern balcony overhead gave a lovely view to the second floor, a barred fence allowing them to peer down into the vast foyer.

        "I of course agree with the positive commentary of the others." Kiroh murmured, Yami nodding as well.

        "Yes, I have to agree. It's quite the place to reside. It contains all the comforts of home." Yami's stoic expression gave way no sense of excitement. It was hard to tell if she was happy here, and it was the same with Kiroh. Both were hardwired soldiers with little emotion.

        Tobias however gave a gratitude filled beam to the young woman he had seen blossomed into the Queen she is today.

        "Generous as always, Queen Ophelia. I am forever grateful for the kindness you bestow upon us." Ophelia laughed bashfully, waving Tobias off.

        "Oh, it's nothing truly. You've done so much for me, the least I could do was make sure my family is comfortable." Ophelia mused for a moment, tapping her chin. "The real estate woman I spoke to over the phone said she would be here to secure the deal...I honestly thought she would be here by now."

        "Hello!" All of them caught scent of a human girl, the recent aroma wafting through the air and shocking their senses. Their eyes snapped to her, unsure if she were a threat, but to their surprise, it was a young girl in dance attire.

        She bore brunette curls that cascaded passed her shoulders, her complexion a tan that was pale under the stress of the bright lighting of the room, while freckles coated her nose and blushed cheeks. Her eyes however were most captivating, a condition of heterochromia allowed her two different colored eyes one blue, and one green. An oddity that always brought about fascination. The thin girl couldn't have been older than ten, greeting them with a vibrant beam.

        "I'm Evee." Ophelia was first to speak with the girl, stepping forward and admiring her.

        "Evee, what a beautiful name for an equally beautiful girl." The girl became shy, twisting her foot as she brought her stare to the ground. "My name is Ophelia."

        "Ophelia?" She inquired, her brows furrowing.

        "Yes."

        "Oh! You're the Queen my mom was telling me about! Queen Ophelia! And King Jon, right?"

        "That's right." Ophelia pointed to Jon over her shoulder. "That would be him." Jon gave a polite grin and the girl smiled.

        "You two don't look like a King or Queen." Neither were offended by the child's statement, however, a woman dressed in grey business clothing rushed inside and cupped her hand over Evee's mouth.

        "Evee! I thought I told you to wait for me in the car." She then apologetically gazed upon Ophelia, her eyes flickering between she and Master Cross. "I apologize truly, she likes to wander. And I also am sorry for the wait, I had to take my daughter to ballet."

        "No need." Ophelia smiled, turning back to Evee. "Evee, to respond to your comment about the King and I not looking as royalty should, we are under cover." Ophelia winked. "If people knew about us, surely, we would be pestered by people asking us for pictures, right?"

        Evee was thoughtful, pouting her lip in the slightest. "I guess that makes sense."

        Evee's mother had then began to speak, holding out her hand to Ophelia.

        "It's a pleasure to see you in person, Mrs. Cross. You are Ophelia, yes? I'm Beatrice, we spoke over the phone."

        "Ah, the pleasure is all mine. My family and I absolutely adore the house and are grateful you took the sun issue into consideration." Beatrice obviously knew Ophelia the rest of them were vampires, as some humans did. Many did business with them, so long as it were friendly, it remained secret.

        "Not an issue at all! Would you like if I showed you around?"

        "No, I think we can manage, after all, we'll be staying here so it's best we learn our way around. Thank you for your offer though, it is appreciated. Take your daughter home and have a swell night, Beatrice." Ophelia smiled, shaking her hand kindly. "So, to close the deal, I will send in the remainder of the payments to you within a few days. Let's keep in touch." All of them bid goodbye to the real estate agent and her daughter, when Tobias stopped her.

        "Wait!" Beatrice stopped, raising a brow.

        "Is something wrong?" Tobias shook his head, a beam warming his frantic features.

        "I was just curious as to where your daughter takes her ballet classes. I know someone who would be interested in such thing. Is it for all ages?"

        "Yes, it is, and I would highly recommend the studio, for the teachers there have been able to get a few students onto Broadway. That's why I'm sending my child there. I'd want nothing but the best for her." She paused momentarily, sifting through her messy purse. "Here's the card. If you have any questions, call them." She replied politely after searching her purse for the card to hand to him.

        Tobias looked down at the pink card, black italic letters streaming across it while a pair of ballet slippers were imprinted in the very corner.

        "Thank you very much. Sorry to have stopped you so abruptly."

        "No problem, sir. Have a good night." As she left, Tobias was glowing.

        "I'm sure I will." Tobias readied to pursuit the woman out the door, when Jon clutched his shoulder.

        "And where might you be racing to tonight, Tobias? We've just gotten home." Tobias didn't hesitate with his answer, needing to leave quickly before he missed the time he scheduled.

        "I'm taking Joy out to see another theater show, and possibly to dinner afterwards." For a few weeks now, every Friday after work, he would take her out and pamper her. Brought her flowers dinner, and sought to bring her to a show. She gradually seemed to enjoy his company, becoming relaxed around him and that's what he wanted. He wanted her trust. She needed to learn not everyone would hurt her. If she lived that way forever, she would never be happy.

        "I do understand you're trying to help her, yet you're feeding her addiction?" Jon knew after every date, he would leave her a tip so Isaiah would not become suspicious of them, and he knew where that money would go, but he was taking baby steps to help her.

        "Yes. I need to gain her trust first. I plan to eventually get her help. It won't happen overnight, Master Cross." Jon huffed, wiping a hand over his face.

        "Fine, go on. I wouldn't want you to be late." Tobias' eyes glittered with happiness upon being granted permission and he flew out the double doors of the mansion.

        Jon gave another heavy exhale, Ophelia shooing off the servants with Marissa to go look at what rooms they desired as she stepped over to Jon. He was digging his fingers into his eyes, bringing her to crease her brows.

        "Everything alright, Jon?" Jon dropped his hand, gazing at Ophelia's worried expression. He ripped up her chin, stroking his thumb over her lips.

        "He's been doing this for years, Ophelia. With other women and men, including me. Even you. He knew you were in need of help so he chose you to stay with me. He thinks he can fix the world. He is so determined, but he keeps forgetting he can't fix the world on his own." Ophelia grazed her fingers over his hand that stroked her face and she became elated.

        "He may not be able to fix the world, but it's a start. He has the right mindset. Even if it is slow, helping one person at a time will make the world a better place. You should learn from him." Jon rolled his eyes.

        "Unlike him, I am realistic. Even if you've helped one, there are hundreds of more to take their place. It is impossible to make such change alone."

        "You chose him to be your servant for a reason. It wasn't because he was a good fighter. You told me it was because he was kind hearted. The same thing you've adored about him, is a flaw you pick at. Yes, it is a blessing and a curse, and surely he understands that."

        "I just don't want to see him get hurt, Ophelia."

        "He will be fine." She got on her tip toes and pressed her lips softly to his. "They both will be." She stepped back from him, folding her arms.

        "Speaking of which, we need to continue keeping an eye on Isaiah. He has her as a Blood Bride. If we don't have a reason to execute him, she won't ever be able to leave him, and all Tobias' work would have gone to waste." Jon loosened his tie, striding past Ophelia.

        "I suppose you're right. Let's get to work."

~·~·~

                        "I thought you stood me up or something. I was about to leave you a nice voicemail." The twinge of anger in her tone, eased a smile on his face.

        "I apologize for being late, Joy. My Queen acquired a new home and desired to show us all." Joy was leaning against the building of the strip club, this time she was dress in an elegant black dress and rhinestone stilettos, her sleek hair resembling the unmoving midnight sky. The dark mess of tattoos appeared like colored shadows under the shade of the night, peering from under her dress and drawing down her legs and arms. She wore them with pride, and truly they did enhance her beauty.

        Joy held a cigarette between her lips, the ashen end growing orange as she breathed in the toxins.

        "Oh yeah? Is it nice?" Tobias took her bag from her, something she allowed him to do now, though at first, on the second date, she got angry and said she was capable of carrying, quote "her own shit." Though after much convincing, she finally relented and allowed him to do so.

        He opened the car door for her, and she sat down, Tobias closing her door and moving to the driver’s seat, placing her bag cautiously on her lap once she was settled.

        "Hey, Tobias. I'm in the mood to dance. Why don't we go to a club or something? Unless that ain't your thing." Tobias tapped the wheel, staring upon Joy. He had already purchased tickets and she then came to that realization. "Ah shit, I forgot you purchased the tickets already. Forget I asked. I don-"

        "Money isn't an issue. If a club is where you'd like to go, then we shall. Any in mind?" Joy was astounded, her wide eyes casting to the front of them.

        "Uh, yeah. There's one not too far from here. It's right on the corner of 5th. You can't miss it."

        Tobias started the car, excited for the night ahead and the beam he held displayed that.

~·~·~

                        The line was around the block, Joy grunting in annoyance.

        "We'll get in there next week if we're fucking lucky." Tobias parked the car and shook his head.

        "Don't worry, I'll get us in quickly." Tobias got out of his car, opening her door and holding out his hand to help her out onto the curb. She adjusted her jacket over her shoulders, clutching the leather over her chest.

        "Damn thing won't fucking close." She tried to zip it up, but her breasts strained against the zipper, Tobias averting his gaze. As they walked across the street, Joy glanced at her chest and back up at Tobias.

        "Are you gay?" Tobias snapped his eyes back towards her in surprise.

        "What?"

        "Ya know, you a homosexual or somethin'? Or do you just think I'm disgusting?" If Tobias could expel perspiration, he would be sweating through his jacket.

        "N-no it's not that Joy."

        "I mean I don't care if you are. It ain't my business and I ain't one to judge." Tobias rubbed his neck with a grin.

        "It's common in my community to be with both men in women. I'm attracted to both." He stopped short of the club and glanced at her. "I see beauty in everyone." Joy raised a brow.

        "So, you've been with a man?"

        "I've been with many."

        "Women?"

        "Mhm."

        She paused, grabbing his face and forcing him to look at her. "Then why don't you look at me?"

        She was almost offended he didn't looked at her, though for years she's hated when men even looked in her direction. But him? She wanted a reason not to trust him, however he wasn't giving her any and it was frustrating.

        "You're stunning Joy, really." He gently took her hand from his face. "But it's impolite to stare. My Master says if I truly adore someone I should treat them with respect. That's merely the reason why, it's not because you're unattractive in any way." Joy rolled her hazel orbs, shaking her head.

        "You're something else Tobias. You really are." They grew closer to the club, Tobias skipping the line, music from inside spilling into the streets sending vibrations from the soles of their feet to their teeth with how loud the music was. She could only imagine how loud it was inside.

        Tobias stepped forward towards the bouncer, leaning close and whispering something into his ear. The bouncer didn't hesitate to let them through. It was almost instantaneous.

        And then she remembered, the bouncer was a vampire. He was someone who did business with Isaiah a few times. Isaiah came here often and that's how she knew of this place.

        Tobias had his connections since he was involved with the king of their race so this was no surprise.

        He took her arm in his and guided her into the noise, bodies moving to a fast-paced beat under the strobe lights. Tobias suggested they have a drink or two, but Joy shrugged off the notion. She wanted to get right to the dance floor.

        "You know how to dance right? Show me." Joy curled a finger at him, drawing him to the middle of the dance floor with a playful jeer.

        Tobias raised a brow at her as she threw her jacket onto the floor carelessly, Tobias' lips turning upright as he unbuttoned his overcoat and did the same.

        Just as the song ended, the two of them circled each other, the start of the next song rather slow. Joy kept her fiery eyes locked to his, her fingers clutching around his tie and drawing him close mischievously.

        When the music dropped, Joy changed her stance, stepping out and sliding her heel back in to be chest to chest with Tobias. His hands entangling with her own, and Joy leaned close.

        "Let's see what you got." She sharply spun herself out and back to him before she swayed her hips, short cut to the pace of the instruments that blared through the speakers. The thump of the base brought them both to move their feet rhythmically, stepping back, then closing the distance between them. Tobias guided her now, twirling her around, her heels miraculously remaining sturdy under her feet as they did a set of two before he brought her back to him, the two moving together so naturally, and it was obvious the two had their share of dance experience, Joy especially. She put her all into the sway of her body and each step meticulous, unlike Tobias' lazy steps. He dipped her, Joy's leg riding up against Tobias' ribcage, the two sharing a heated gaze before he straightened her, returning to their delicate footwork, her foot stepping between his then stepping back while he did the same. He spun himself, while she did the same, their arms tangled neatly before they reversed their spin and Joy snapping her body back to him, her back to his chest, their hips aligned, following the rolling of each other’s movements.

        Tobias smiled against her ear. "Still think I can't dance?" His hands rested on her waist, leading Joy to push them lower so they latched to her hips.

        "You're not bad, I'll give you that, but you lack my rhythm." Tobias snickered.

        "Apologies, I am not as good as you. You're far too good a dancer for me to keep up with." Tobias tucked a strand of her sleek hair behind her ear. "I was right. You're a beautiful dancer. You said you like ballet, correct? What if I could help settle you somewhere?" Joy looked up at him, and for once, her eyes her eyes were merely dilated due to the lack of light rather than drugs coursing through her veins.

        She drew from him, the song coming to an end, her breathing quick from working her body.

        "Let's get a drink." She murmured, completely casting aside what he had asked her. Surely, she heard him, but she yet again pushed away his offer.

        In time, he would ask her again. He wouldn't stop trying.

        He trailed behind her through the crowd, and in that crowd a pair of scolding sienna irises watching their every move.

        He wasn't at all happy with the sight, but this time, he would let it slide.

        If they got any closer, Isaiah would knock some sense into that head of hers.

        She was his and only his, she best remember that.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

170 7 5
I gasped sharply when, in the midst of it all, his long fingers penetrated me, causing my walls to clench around his fingers. The sensation was elect...
3K 115 68
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
38.6K 2K 53
Book 1 of the Bloodworth Clan Series VAMPIRE~ROMANCE~MYSTERY~LOVE ----- "Whatever." I hissed as I turned around to leave the room, when he grabbed m...
Octavia Lycan: A Tribrid Story Από @jrhope

Εφηβική Φαντασία

1.3K 75 58
"Why are you all looking at me with such long faces?" I question slyly. Everyone looked at me with hate. He motions with his hand, soon more guards c...