A Daughter of Aslan

By ansleybug18

♕ Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund ♕ "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "... More

A Daughter of Aslan
I : Left Behind
II : Meeting the Lion
III : The Centaur, the Faun, and the Tiger
IV : Aslan's Young Sorcerer
V : The Tiny Companion
VI : A Queen in Waiting
VII : Evacuating London
VIII : Behind the Cloth
IX : The Friend from the Woods
X : Mysterious Photographs
XI : Narnia's Prophecy
XII : Jadis, Queen of Narnia
XIII : Meeting the Professor
XIV : Into the Wardrobe
XV : Who's Aslan?
XVII : Ice Castles and Wolf Armies
XVIII : Finding the Pevensies
XIX : Threatening Rumors
XX : The Gift of Christmas
XXI : Stoned Fox
XXII : The Mighty Lion
XXIII : Return of the Wolves
XXIV : Lost Boy
XXV : The Deal
XXVI : Aslan's Sacrifice
XXVII : War with the Witch
XXVIII : Return of the Lion
XXIX : The Last Retaliation
XXX : Kings and Queens of Narnia
XXXI : Blossoming Romance
XXXII : Bells Will be Ringing
XXXIII : Aslan's Warning
XXXIV: Family of Three
XXXV : A Familiar Sight
End of A Daughter of Aslan
Sequel : Destiny of One

XVI : Aslan's Camp

8.8K 315 97
By ansleybug18

Chapter Sixteen

Aslan's Camp

The gateway had opened twice within the past two days. It opened sometime the previous night and closed back up within about an hour or two after it had opened. Then once earlier today. Except this time was different. It opened up around noon and it was now dark again, and the portal was still open. It had never been open this long as compared to before. Aslan had told Elizabeth that the two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve were certainly in Narnia. This must be why the gateway was still open: because they were still here.

Elizabeth was already beginning to feel the effects of the gateway remaining open. It was almost as if age was finally rushing back into her fingertips. She couldn't quite explain it, but she knew the wheels had begun turning and now as the years continued in Narnia so would she. Unlike before where she wouldn't age due to the gateway being closed, as long as the gateway stayed open Elizabeth would be able to grow with time once more.

Aslan's camp had finished their move to the Stone Table the night before and were still finishing all the unpacking and setting up the tents. Elizabeth was taking a break from the rush of the camp's energy and put away some time for herself. Beside the camp was a stream, and instead of getting in the water, Elizabeth was positioned beside it under a great oak tree practicing her magic. She hadn't worked her magic for a while now and if the prophecy really was coming true, it was about time she stepped back on it and redeemed herself. For the time being, she was working on moving water.

A bright blue color shone from her eyes along with the sky blue strings of color around her hands and intertwined in her fingers as she focused her energy. At the moment, Elizabeth was attempting to control the water into small water balls (like a snowball) to catapult them at her choosing. The water easily bent to her will glowing a bright blue like her eyes and followed the motion of her fingers and hands, rising from the water and shaping itself into a ball around the size of a cantaloupe. Then, by a fling of her wrist, the waterfall flung into the air hitting a tree right in the center across the stream from Elizabeth. Elizabeth smirked into a toothless smile as she watched the water do as it was told. At least she remembered how to control water.

After blinking her eyes and releasing her energy, her eyes returned to their former natural blue tint. She let out a sigh before sitting on a rock beside the stream. This was all really happening. The prophecy was coming true, and soon the battle against Jadis would come. Elizabeth still didn't know if she was ready to face what she knew was coming.

But for now, none of that mattered. All she needed to worry about was maintaining her magic and Elizabeth would be fine. She pulled herself together before standing once more ready for another rep. This time she would work on her nature abilities, and there was no need to work on blooming a flower or growing an apple. It was time Elizabeth worked on a grander scale once more. Even though she knew she would strongly regret it after. Whenever Elizabeth would produce magic on a larger scale, it would be more energy draining and cause her more exhaustion. This meant that after performing something like this she would need a longer time to rest and recharge before she could produce something with a great effect once more.

Once Elizabeth began channeling her energy together as before, she blinked her eyes and they then turned a rare green and bright green strings matching her eye color flowed along her hands and fingers once more. She wanted to get the tree she had thrown the water ball at earlier and move it to the side of the stream where she was standing. Allowing the magic to swell through her body, she channeled the energy into the tree. The tree roots started to glow a bright green, the same as her eyes and around her hands. Elizabeth then made a jerking motion with her right hand up and the roots followed her hand. The roots shot out of the ground and made the tree almost look like an octopus with multiple legs. Then the bright green strings glowing around the roots followed Elizabeth's motions and made the tree appear to be walking as it crossed the river and over to where Elizabeth was stationed. As the tree completely made it safely across the bank, Elizabeth used her left hand and jerked it downward causing the roots to dig deep into the ground. The tree then stayed where it was relocated having been successfully moved.

Elizabeth batted her eyes and they returned to their normal hue and her hands dropped to her side as she let out a big sigh out of exhaustion as her head spun from dizziness. She stumbled around for a moment before gaining her footing once more and then falling onto the ground warn out. All the energy used to control the tree had completely drained her. It looks like she won't be using magic for a day or so after this practice. As she sat on the ground her breathing was heavy and her heart was still racing from the energy she had quickly consumed. She remained with her hands behind her back and her legs spread out on the ground until her body returned to its natural state.

As much as she hated to admit, Elizabeth desperately missed her companion. Malaki had only been gone a few days but his absence killed her on the inside. She had no idea when he would be back; she never really did, but something about this certain little mission Aslan sent him on felt different. Elizabeth couldn't quite describe it but something wasn't right. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach for the last day or so after Malaki's departure that something dreadful was bound to happen. For some reason, the same feeling was also felt for her dear mentor and friend Mr. Tumnus. It was almost like as soon as the gateway reopened and everything was supposed to go back to normal, instead everything begun to fall apart.

Once she had the willpower to stand up again, Elizabeth brushed the dirt off her arms and dress when she stood up after having collected it from collapsing on the ground. As she was doing so, a sound of the flap of wings sent Elizabeth's attention to the clouds.

Kael was then seen flying overhead before he landed swiftly beside Elizabeth near the stream. He took a moment panting before he spoke to her. "Aslan wishes to see you immediately," he sputtered out.

Elizabeth didn't wait to think it through. If Aslan was summoning her it must have been important. He wouldn't have called otherwise. Unless it was over the fact that it would be dark soon and it was about time she headed back to the camp. Too tired to walk back, Elizabeth hopped onto Kael and he then flew for a couple of seconds to get back to where everyone else was camping.

Incidentally, the moment they arrived, Quinton was already with Aslan giving him a report on the camp's progress. According to Quinton, all the tents were completely set up as well as the training grounds. The kitchen and armory still needed some work but for the most part, the camp was officially settled like before. For the time being, they were home.

Once Quinton finished and was off, Aslan then turned his attention towards Elizabeth. "How is your magic coming along?" Aslan asked with a gentle smile gleaming across his face.

Elizabeth was about to frown wondering how he knew that's what she was up to, but then remembered how exhausted she felt and therefore she must have looked about as exhausted as she was feeling. She gave him a smile before sitting down, tired of standing. "I'd like to say it's coming along quite nicely, but I still can only do so much at a time."

Aslan nodded understanding what she was referring to. This wasn't the first occasion she had used her magic to the fullest and become a train wreck afterwards. As a matter of fact, Aslan was beginning to notice that ever since the portal reopened and the Sons of Adam and Daughters of Even had entered Narnia, Elizabeth had become more tense and paranoid. No matter how much she believed to be hiding these feelings they were very evident to others around her. "Now that physical age is returning to you, you may find that as you grow older your magical abilities will grow as well." Elizabeth didn't respond, not quite understanding what Aslan was trying to say. "Meaning, that you will be able to withstand more energy and consumption at a time than you may be able to now."

Elizabeth liked the sound of that. With time and age, she would be able to become a more powerful sorcerer and wielder with her magic. Too bad she couldn't gain that experience now with the upcoming battle at hand.

Aslan sat beside Elizabeth, who was curled up in a ball and nudged her with his shoulder. "What has you all tied up in a knot?"

"Jadis," Elizabeth with a shiver. "I've been kept in hiding safely for sixty years and soon she will discover that I've survived this whole time. I'm not quite sure how I feel about seeing her again. I know once I'm in her presence it will just bring back bad memories, like walking into a nightmare."

From there she fell into a deep silence. Her fear for the future had been clouding her focus. Aslan feared that the more frightened Elizabeth became, the more closed off she would later become towards everyone else.

"You know, Jadis is just as much afraid of you, if not, even more afraid of you than you are of her," Aslan stated and Elizabeth looked over at him with a frown upon her face not believing him. "I'm serious!" Aslan exclaimed by the look Elizabeth was giving him. "When have I ever lied to you? Jadis only reacted in such a way towards you and your siblings because she was so afraid of all of you. The idea of knowing you got away from her terrifies her. Now she lives in fear of how much you have learned and powerful you've become."

Still, in a fit of silence, Elizabeth looked away from Aslan and looked to the ground with her hands around her legs and her chin propped on top her knees. "Let me put it this way, with all your training in place and practice you've endured, you're ready to face Jadis right now. Well, maybe not right this second," Aslan said with a coy smile.

Elizabeth nudged him with her elbow and a small smile was noticeable across her face. The Aslan returned more serious. "If Jadis ever comes near you Elizabeth, I will be right here for you."

Elizabeth lost her fit of silence for a moment as she looked to Aslan. "And you can promise me this?"

"I promise."

With a toothless grin, she leaned into the lion's mane, hugging him as she did so. The pair then stayed like this for a while in silence. The camp bustled around in excitement ever since they had made the move to the Stone Table. The idea of the prophecy finally coming true was enough to boost anyone's spirits. The winter storm had melted away every day they had moved further in. Whenever Aslan entered an area that would be covered in snow and ice, it would soon melt away leaving a steady spring in step, long waiting to be released. For no sign of winter survived where Aslan stepped.

Aslan's camp wasn't really located at the Stone Table, however. The Stone Table was actually located on top of a hill in the wood behind Aslan's and Elizabeth's tent. It must have been a good three miles from where the camp was positioned. Instead of going directly to the table for the camp, this field they were currently on contained the appropriate room for the camp and also because Elizabeth couldn't bear the idea of actually being beside the Stone Table. For most Narnian's, the Stone Table when the stone was first created contained the ancient laws of Narnia etched into the stone. However, this stone was also a favorite location for the Witch. For Jadis, the stone stood for something else that was also known among the Narnians. The Stone Table for Jadis was an execution spot, where she would kill on a whim any she would choose. It was this very reason Elizabeth didn't feel comfortable camping at the Stone Table, knowing thousands had died on top that rock.

While the two continued to sit in a comfortable silence, Elizabeth could feel the churning motion in the pic of her stomach. She couldn't deny that she knew something was wrong. "Aslan, I have a bad feeling about Mr. Tumnus." Aslan continued to be silent after Elizabeth's statement. "Something isn't right and I'm worried something's happened to him." Aslan still sat without a word.

Elizabeth had known Aslan for a long time to understand that when he was silent like this he was typically thinking of how to break news to her. By the way this was playing out; the sinking feeling in her stomach was growing faster by the second. "Aslan...do you know what's happened to Mr. Tumnus?"

Aslan couldn't look Elizabeth in the eyes. Of course, he knew what happened. He'd been aware of what occurred to the faun for a while now, but that didn't make breaking the news all the merrier. "Kael came back from the North with news that the Tumnus has been taken captive by Maugrim and taken to Jadis," he explained grimly.

"What?" Elizabeth exclaimed, jumping up from the ground in a hurry. As she stood facing Aslan her blue eyes were huge and her body was shaking. "You mean to say Jadis is holding him captive and you didn't think to say anything?" Elizabeth was practically screaming.

Few of the Narnian's that heard her shouts begin to look over to see what the fuss was all about. "How long have you known?" Elizabeth demanded Aslan as she looked him with a pang of anger upon her face.

"For a couple of day's now," Aslan sighed as he hung his head to the ground. He knew he should have told Elizabeth sooner but from the way she had been acting lately with the stress of everything about to unfold he thought it better to wait. Clearly, as he was finding out, that wasn't the best idea.

Elizabeth's eyes grew even bigger with Aslan's answer and her lip started to quiver. She couldn't believe this. "And you kept it some big secret? Don't you think I deserve to know something about my friend of over twenty years had been kidnapped and most likely killed?" She was quickly losing her patience and growing more frustrated by the second.

"We could have done something to help him. Not left him in her clutches to most likely die or be turned to stone! He's probably suffering in some cell all alone and being starved to death. And the worst part is, we can save him. I'm done, I have to get him." Elizabeth exclaimed beginning to march off to where Kael usually stays. She was going to fly out now and go find her friend and rescue him. Her fear of the Witch wasn't of her concern now.

"Elizabeth no!" Aslan roared. He had endured her lecture, for the time being, knowing she must be feeling betrayed that he hadn't told her, but she knew better than to go after Jadis. Especially at a time like this. "You know you cannot do that, and I simply will not allow it."

Elizabeth spun on her heel to face the roar. Her body was still shaking, mostly from exhaustion at this point than from anger. "Aslan, we can't—I can't just leave him there," she begged as a tear fell from her cheek. Mr. Tumnus wouldn't survive long with the Witch. At this point, she probably already knew that Elizabeth had once been with the faun and stayed with him, so that would only make matters for him much worse.

Aslan sighed but he kept his commanding voice. "Elizabeth, I'm sorry, but you know just as much as I that you cannot just barge in on the castle with Jadis and retrieve Tumnus. I've kept you safe for sixty years and you can't just throw all that down the drain."

"But—" Elizabeth started but Aslan cut her off.

"This is what I was talking about before. This is one of your flaws, you would set aside your judgment and consensus for your friends and this is something you are going to have to place aside for the greater good. He went into this knowing the consequences and he still did it because he believed in you. You cannot just let him down like this."

Elizabeth let the tears flow down her cheeks. She knew Aslan was right, he always was. But that didn't make the decision any easier. She was going to have to choose to leave her mentor, her friend, in Jadis' clutches. This was a choice she knew could break her.

"Out of all the things you could have hidden from me this is by far the worst," Elizabeth said in a quiet voice to Aslan before rushing into her tent. She couldn't stand to be around anyone at this moment.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N:

So this chapter went from 0-100 real quick . . .

I was planning on writing a chapter with Aslan and Elizabeth just being all cutsie together with Aslan being the sweet guy he is and lil Elizabeth just being a precious innocent bean. But that kind of turned upside down pretty quick . . .

Poor Aslan though :( And poor Elizabeth :( BUT REALLY, POOR TUMNUS :(((

How do you guys feel? Do you feel Elizabeth has every right to be angry or see Aslan's reasoning being keeping the truth from her?

Comment your opinion and vote on the chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.9K 25
~𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝟣~ A Narnia Fic "I've had lots of troubles, so I write jolly tales." ~ Louisa May Alcott The story of Adeline Jemmings Kirke, a princess f...
174K 5.7K 29
"Oh. Milady Ashton, are you going to the ball for King Peter." The young centaur shyly asked Ashton. Ashton crouched down next to her, meeting her ey...
2.7K 80 12
"The sons of Adam and daughters of Eve shall rule, but the oldest daughter shall never be equal to her siblings" Anne Pevensie was constantly oversha...
2.4K 100 14
The Pevensies are sent to the countryside to escape the devastation and danger of the Blitz. There, they meet three they'll be living with for the f...