Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvat...

By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

Rhapsody, state of elated bliss or ecstasy. Nereza (Neressa) is a girl who could not understand the meanin... More

Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvatore Love)
1. Vampire vs Zombie Debate
2. Coffee and Vampires
3. Vampire and Broken Glass
4. Vampire's Leather Jacket
5. Vampire Hugs
6. Intruders and Vampires
7. Secrets and Vampires
8. Girls Day with a Vampire
9. Running From a Vampire
10. Child Games and Vampires
11. Pancakes and Vampires
12. Vampires at the Door
Authors Note!
13. Vampires and Research
14. Meeting with a Vampire
15. Vampires and Bribes
16. Vampires and School Spirit
17. Vampires and Stingrays
18. Vampires and Football
19. Vampires and Photographs
20. Twirling with Vampires
21. Vampires and an old Trunk
22. Vampires and Grave Sites
23. Vampires and the Dead
24. Vampires and Cryptic Warnings
25. Vampires and Crypts
26. Vampires and Pillow Fights
27. Vampires and Library Books
28. Vampires and Scratches
30. Vampires and Rude Awakenings
31. Vampires and Hocus Pocus
32. Vampires and Captors
33. Vampires and Evil Guides
34. Vampires and Visions
35. Vampires on the Run
36. Vampires and Threats
37. Vampires and Confessions
38. Vampires and Choices
39. Vampire Vs. Zombies Reality

29. Restless Nights and Vampires

2.4K 73 37
By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

  I move through the cabin in a haze, vaguely acknowledging Damon's strong hand on my back. My mind spins, worry clouding my every sense. He leads me up the stairs, directing me towards a room I believe to be his. How long I have yearned to know more about his life, and now, even as I stand in his space I take in nothing.

   He speaks to me, words of assurance, but I am unable to focus. I force a smile, my lips quivering ever so slightly, hopping that I don't look as terrified as I feel. His eyes devour me, noticing my every hesitation, yet thankfully says nothing.

  A movement over his shoulder draws my attention. I glance to see Leo's scrutinizing watch from the stairway. Of course, he wants to be sure I am truly trapped. A lump forms in my throat, my body shivering at the thought. Trapped, helpless to stop what ever might come.

  Damon reaches out to hold me, but I flinch away. I fear I will collapse with even the softest of his touch. I already know he hates this situation, maybe even more than I. If I show how distraught I truly feel, I just know he will refuse to leave me overnight.

  "I'll be fine," I manage to croak, but it does little to ease the worry in Damon's eyes.

  "Just call if you need anything," Damon instructs, stepping towards me once more. This time I do not pull away as his body stops just inches from mine, tempting me with his heat and the possibility of comfort. "I promise, I will hear you." He whispers, his breath caressing my cheek.

  I nod, no longer trusting my voice as tears threaten my eyes. What if this is the last time I get to see him? What if these are one of my last moments as a human?

  I bite my lip, suppressing the emotions that rage inside me. No matter how I try, his penetrating gaze sees right through my attempts. His eyes soften as he leans in, hesitating just above my skin. I still, my body tensing in anticipation for his touch.

  "You will be all right." Damon assures me, his lips grazing my forehead with the faintest hint of a kiss. "Get some rest." He instructs, moving away before I get a chance to fully comprehend his actions.

  As the door closes behind him, I finally allow my tears to fall. Once alone I feel all remaining strength drain away from me, the cold clutching at my shivering body. Falling to the bed, I take little comfort in the soft blanket that engulfs me. My body convulses with my violent sobs, only growing stronger as I hear something heavy being moved in front of the door.

  I bury my head in the pillow, pleading for it to swallow my cries. I do not wish for anyone to be able to hear me, but the fear in side does not allow me to stop.

-------------Damon's POV-------------

  Her cries, muffled as they are, echo in my ears. I clench my jaw, my body tense and on edge as every whimper stabs me in the heart. I feel my short nails digging into my palms, my hands clenched at my side in attempt to control the anger boiling within me. I feel the need to run to her, to destroy anything that makes her weep as she does.

  Being unable to makes me feel useless, and in turn full of rage. Every molecule in my being screaming to thrash out. To run up those stairs and shred the dresser blocking her escape. To gather her in my arms and promise her the safety she so deserves.

  But I can't... or rather, I shouldn't

  She pulled away, not wanting my touch. Pain pierces through me, her face fresh in my mind. Her deep green eyes glistened as her fear shone through them, betraying her attempt at a brave face. Part of me broke to see so much dismay being held behind her trembling. I couldn't even manage to comfort her.

  "Damon," Stefan calls, pulling me into the conversation.

  I stiffen as his voice intrudes into my thoughts, bringing me into the present. I stand up straighter, even as I continue to lean against the wall, attempting to compose myself. Clenching my jaw, blocking any emotion from my face, I tear my gaze from the fire where I had been staring up until this point.

  Finally, taking in the rest of the room, I am a bit taken aback to see most eyes on me. The only one who looks away is Leo, who doesn't seem the least bit interested. He has his back turned to me, also losing himself in the flickering flames.

  Zeke, his face half covered in shadow, glares at me with hard eyes. He trembles, either from cold or emotion I am unsure. He looks to be relaxed enough as he sits cross-legged near the fire, but his breathing and heart rate give away how anxious he truly is.

  "Are you even listening?" Stefan continues, his mouth set with disapproval as he looks back at me.

 He and Elena both sit perched on the edge of their cushions, the couch still sitting randomly in the center of the room where it had last been pushed to. Elena watches me closely, seeming more curious than judgmental. I resist the urge to lash out at them, to wipe the looks right off their faces.

  The room is tense, has been since the moment I discovered Nereza hurt. Everyone on edge, everyone with a different opinion on how to handle the situation. I could hear the murmurs of their voices as they discussed the day's events, comparing notes between the two attacks. I even managed to pick up a few words, a few harsh tones thrown at one another. In truth however, I have not been listening to anything they had to say.

  "How could I not?" I grumble, running a hand through my hair as I glance up toward where Nereza lays.

  Elena's eyes soften as she too looks up, knowing that I am referring to Nereza rather than their conversation.

  "We can't do anything to help her, unless we know what's going on." She sighs, returning her gaze to me with wide, pleading eyes.

  I know her words to be true, but my heart ignores her reasoning. I try to hold on to my senses, but my mind is clouded by emotion with ever faint sob that reaches me. My skin prickles with the need for action, with the need to save her.

  "Not that we are figuring anything out." Leo states, his voice hard and emotionless.

  My attention snaps to him, annoyance flashing within me at the sound of his voice. I do not like this man, and my urge to show him so grows stronger by the moment. So many times he has stepped over the line, dangerously close to having his throat ripped out. I managed to control myself when he got too close to Nereza, but I might just lose it if he dares suggest her harm one more time.

  "Well, you're not being very helpful." Zeke snaps, sliding his glare to the man beside him.

  "What do you want," Leo retorts, not even sparing a glance, "all we are doing is sitting and talking!"

  "Do you just want to run around half-cocked?" Elena challenges, any hint of sympathy now lost from her voice.

  "I want to put an end to this!" He roars, violently turning around with a glower. The flames beside him cast shadows to dance across his face, making it look as if evil is consuming him.

  "That's what we are trying to do." Stefan answers, taking obvious effort to keep his voice calm.

  "No," Leo bellows, waving his arm at us in dismissal, "ending this would be finding the goddamn key!"

  "What do you think we are trying to do?" I growl through clenched teeth.

  "Well, you're just sitting there pouting over your infected girlfriend." He jibes, tossing an annoyed look towards me.

  "She is not infected!" I seethe, my whole body tensing with the want to attack.

  "That's enough!" Stefan demands, standing up in attempt to gain authority.

  "Oh, shove off." I bark, my rage quickly taking over my mind and demanding blood.

  "Control yourself!" Stefan demands, taking a threatening step in my direction.

  "Or what?" I challenge, reveling in the feeling of my fangs growing with my rage.

  Stefan holds my glare, his muscles flexing as he prepares to fight me if it comes to it. Elena stands over his shoulder, her eyes pleading with me to calm down.

  "Guys, this isn't helping." Zeke interjects, scrambling to his feet as well.

  My eyes snap to the young man who has no idea what he is interrupting. His heart pumps like a tempting melody, his fear calling out to me. I have a fleeting thought to toss him to the side, to release my pent up fury on all who stand before me.

  His expression stops me in my tracks, instantly making me check my outrage. It is not just anger that fuels Zeke's glare, but vexation. He watches everyone cautiously, as if ready to jump at any wrong move. His eyes glancing to the hallway repetitively, an unofficial guard to what is beyond those stairs. He worries about Nereza, just as I do.

  "Helping?" Leo sneers, reminding me that he is still in the room. "Like you're one to talk."

  "What?" Zeke snaps, turning to face him with confusion.

  "Who the hell grabs a pillow to fight off zombies?" Leo spits the words out with disgust.

  "Oh," Zeke breathes, stepping back as if the words physically smacked against him. "I was doing my best."

  "That says a lot." Leo scoffs, turning his back on Zeke as if he no longer matters.

  "Dude!" Zeke cries out, his eyes wide with hurt.

  "You need to back off!" Elena demands, stepping to Zeke's side for support.

  "Oh come on!" Leo jeers with a roll of his eyes, "You can't tell me you disagree."

  "At least he is there for his friends, not always trying to leave without them." She accuses, her eyes narrowing as her own irritation is let out.

  "Or trying to throw them into danger." I growl, surprising myself as I step to Zeke's side as well.

  "Nobody is doing anything like that." Stefan steps in, trying to defuse the situation.

  "Yea," Leo rolls his eyes, turning back to the fire mumbling to himself, "everyone would just rather sit around and chat while a monster is being created upstairs."

  "Seriously?" Zeke asks exasperated, shaking his head in disbelief.

  "You know I'm right," Leo scowls, tossing us a look over his shoulder, "probably should have stabbed her in the head the moment we saw she was-"

"What did you just say?" I roar, not even allowing him to finish his sentence.

  My body lurches forward on its own, grasping onto Leo's shoulders and spinning him to face me. In one swift move I lift him off the ground and slam him against the fireplace. Part me wishes to break his back on the mantel, another part of me hopes his clothes catch on fire. All of me hopes to bring him pain.

  "Damon!" Elena calls, her voice desperate for me to take it easy on him.

  I don't understand it, but everyone still wants to consider this asshole a friend. I take a deep breath, trying to reign in my response. My hands tremble as I fight to hold on to my control, fighting against the instinct to allow my fangs to grow. Resisting every urge I have to sink my teeth into his neck and end his existence.

  "You know what I said." Leo challenges, pride flickering in his eyes as he stares at me, daring me to make a move.

  "Stop it," Elena yells, her fingers digging into my arm as she pulls me back, "both of you."

  With a final huff I allow my hold on Leo's body to loosen, taking a little pleasure in the way he tumbles to the floor. My enjoyment is short lived as he glances up to me, his lips twitching up at the side with amusement. I step forward with every intention to attack once more, only to be stopped by Stefan stepping in my way.

  "Everyone needs to calm down." Stefan states, holding his hands up to keep us separated.

  "We will figure this all out in the morning," Elena offers, trying to calm things down, "I think everyone just needs some rest.

  "In the morning?" I sneer, "What can we do in the morning that we haven't done tonight?"

  "We will find the crypt, see if that leads us anywhere." Stefan offers.

  "Not this again," I roll my eyes, turning my back on the group and walking to the far wall. "It's a waste of time." I slide down the wall, willing my body to relax as I sit for the first time since we've returned.

  "Wouldn't have been if you just brought me along, like I said." Leo counters, his chest puffing in satisfaction.

  "Don't even start." Elena snaps, holding up a finger to him in warning.He doesn't respond, only rolls his eyes before turning back to the fire.

  "It's the best plan we have right now," Stefan continues, looking to convince me, "tomorrow we will all go out. "

  "We won't be separated in case of another attack at least," Zeke reasons with a shrug.

  "Exactly," Elena agrees, managing a small smile, "and then we can see where we are with this whole thing."

  I shake my head, not liking the plan, but keeping my mouth shut. No use getting everyone worked up again. I sigh, allowing my head to fall back against the hard wall. As the tension slowly leaves my muscles, I realize how truly tired I am.

  In the silence that settles around us, I manage to listen closely once more. A weight is lifted off of me as I am met not with cries, but with the soft rhythm of Nereza's breathing. At some point she managed to drift off to sleep. Good, she needs her rest.

  Motion beside me jerks me back to attention. I watch skeptically as Zeke slides down the wall beside me, a soft sigh escaping him. He doesn't look at me, only stares forward to the stairway.

  "She is sleeping." I offer, figuring it will also put him at ease.

  "How do you know?" He whispers, his eyes flashing to mine with interest.

  "I can hear." I answer quietly, tapping my ear with my pointer finger.

  "Wow," he breathes, leaning his head back against the wall, "that must be so cool."

  I chuckle, amazed that even now he manages to hold onto his curiosity. I'm about to close my eyes once more when I notice something in his lap.

  "What's that?" I ask with a jerk of my chin.

  "It's Reza's," He explains, pulling the purple material closer to him, "she dropped it earlier, and forgot to grab it went she went to bed."

  "Is it important?" I question, realizing now that it's her purse.

   If it was something that she needed, I could always bring it up to her. I'm sure I could get in and out of her room without waking her up.

  "To her it is." he answers, his voice drifting off as sleep slowly takes over his consciousness.

  Knowing I won't be able to get anything more from him tonight, I only silently nod. With a sigh, I tilt my head, listening to the girl upstairs. I lean back against the wall, allowing my body to fully relax as I focus on her steady breathing.

-------------Nereza's POV-------------

  I stir, the cabin creaking as the wind whistles through the cracked window. I groan, rolling over in attempt to get comfortable. The air is cool, yet I feel as though I am burning up. My clothing clings to my sweaty body, only making me thrash against the sheets harder. I push the fabric away, desperate for a bit of relief.

  I have tossed and turned all night, dozing off occasionally as my exhausted body demands. My mind however, does not accept the peace that sleep promises. My fears and anxiety gripping at me, forcing me to dwell on the horrific possibilities that might unfold. With every itch I agonize over the thought that my skin is dying. Every twitch turn into a spasm brought on by my death. Constantly I am shaken awake by my worry, only finding comfort in my racing heart.

  My heart would stop if I was turning into a zombie, wouldn't it?

  I sit up, intending to remove my sweatshirt when a movement catches my attention. I freeze, my warm body running cold with panic. I am not alone, someone is hidden in the shadows. I struggle to breath, but my lungs refuse to cooperate. I strain to see something, to hear another movement, but I am met with nothing.

  No, it had to be nothing. I am just letting my overactive imagination get the best of me.

  Still, even as I try to calm myself down, every nerve stands on end. I can feel eyes on me, I am sure of it.

  "Hello?" I whisper, my voice cracking with fear, "Damon?"

  A soft chuckle is the only response I am given, but the intruder moves once more. He steps out of the corner of the room, the light of the moon barely grazing his dark form. I gasp, my body trembling as I realize there truly was someone here.

  I open my mouth to scream, my body tensing to run, but I am unable to do either of these things. Before another sound manages to escape my lips, the figure lunges at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 337 9
I want you to stay (delena) Life after death, Elena finally listens to her heart. Just when things are shaping up for the best things go completely w...
219K 5K 35
Alison is 19 years old and she used to live in Mystic Falls with her godfather Zach back when she was 17, now she is coming back, but where is Zach...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
975K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...