Deceiving Veils

Da LettingYouIn

About a time when anarchy took over a place where once order prevailed. She being daughter of the one whose d... Altro

Prologue
Chapter-1 {Other side of the fence}
Chapter-2{The bitter}
Chapter-3 {Fragile}
Chapter-4{Not that word}
Chapter-5 {Contrasting Confrontations}
Chapter-6{Haze}
Chapter 7{Two loose ends}
Chapter-8{Whys}
Chapter-9{Promise?}
Chapter-10{Undefined stakes}
Chapter-11{An end or a beginning}
Chapter-12{Standing at door of dark chamber}
Chapter-13{Hers to walk}
Chapter-14{Unfolding}
Chapter-15{Veils}
Chapter-16 {Shutting you out}
Chapter-17{This ain't getting solved}
Chapter-18 {It's Nothing}
Chapter-19{Stakes and a life}
Chapter-20{She has to}
Chapter-21{Not now, Not ever}
Chapter-22{That sweet tension}
Chapter-23{Helpless intrusions}
Chapter-24{I don't want to talk}
Chapter-25{Equations and complexities}
Chapter-26{Sweet Tantrums}
Chapter-27{Turning back the clock}
Chapter-28{Before the storm}
Chapter-29{Defying the Dark}
Chapter-30 {The furnace}
Chapter-31{Amendments}
Chapter-32{Unrest}
Chapter-33{Storming}
Chapter-34{A good night}
Chapter-35{A little more snarled}
Chapter-36 {Symphony}
Chapter-37{Intersection point}
Chapter-38{Fire and Ice}
Chapter-39{From the ashes}
Chapter-40{A fire shall be woken}
Chapter-41 {Cold harsh ground}
Chapter-42{We see the light}
Chapter-43{Won't ever let you go}
Chapter-44{Bridge Of Eyes}
Chapter-45 {An abode and loose ends}
Chapter-46{Sealing the gaps}
Chapter-48{Pull and Push}
Chapter- 49{Battle of flames}
Chapter- 50{Taming the heat}
Chapter-51{It's not what it seems}
Chapter-52{Days without nights}
Chapter-53{ Travail of inception}
Chapter-54{A Turning Point}
Chapter-55{Sweet knots which ache sour}
Chapter-56 {Into the murk}
Chapter-57 {Alternate Tophet}
Chapter- 58{will-o'-the-wisp}
Chapter-59{ Sweet vengeance}
Chapter-60 {Warrior princess and a knight}
Chapter- 61{Ghosts of Boneyard}
Chapter - 62{Everything and nothing}
Chapter-63 {Bare Souled }
Chapter -64{Nowhere else to be}
Chapter- 65{And It starts}
Chapter-66-A{Day and night}
Chapter-67 {Surfacing wounds}
Chapter- 68{Before he fastens it}
•| TEASER |•
Chapter-69 {Soft Snowflakes}
Chapter -70 {Metamorphosis}
Author's Note

Chapter-47{A day of dawns}

2.4K 293 98
Da LettingYouIn

Murmurs filled the air as one mandatory morning solemn as Nandini walked towards bustle of camp. People were indulged in their own little world as she cut through those byways to reach the place where Aashi was supposed to be. She looked around to find any familiar face but didn't find one. Ladies smiled at her as she made her way through them. She wasn't nervous but a bit apprehensive. A hand slid into hers and she jumped in her place. Before she could figure out on her own, a kiss adorned her cheek. She smiled and then looked at him. There could be only one man who could dare to do that. Her mouth opened a bit as she noticed the pretty changes. Someone had finally got rid of that gloomy stubble and was looking much more spirited. He smiled at her and she looked away. It still wasn't easy to cop up with this unaltered yearning. 

"You are looking good," Nandini complimented without looking at him and his clasp around her hand tightened. His warmth was manifesting. He pulled her that close that it became difficult to walk without stepping on his boots. She fumbled in her steps but his arm supported her waist. 

"Someone is in good mood," She teased when her own lip was curving to allow that blush. He had all the might to send her to hue land. 

"Someone had a good sleep last night," He replied in her ear and she looked away blushing.  

People gaped them as they walked hand in hand. Some ladies smiled and a few just gave blank stares, he was making something very obvious. That brazen heart was of his had all the might to turn the things way too obvious. 

As they reached the kitchen area, Aashi waved at Nandini. Her hands held some snacks as always and she looked happier than ever. 

"You should definitely taste it," Aashi said storming towards Nandini. 

Holding Nandini's hand, she started to drag her towards steaming utensils. Instead of letting go of Nandini's hand, Manik tightened his grip. Nandini gazed him with this question while Aashi couldn't make out why Nandini would not move. She turned around to figure out and saw her brother lazily staring her. 

"What?" Aashi asked baffled. 

"She isn't going anywhere because we are having breakfast together," Manik replied looking away. His chin stayed a bit too proud, his eyes had this mischief. Nandini cursed the situation, they were about to make things embarrassing. 

"Didn't you have enough of her last night?" Aashi taunted and Nandini glared her to shut up. Manik's lip formed this smirk as he decided to answer that. 

"I can never have enough of her," He said putting his other hand on Nandini's waist as he pulled her to make her stand ahead of him. His one hand gripped her hand while other one firmly held her waist. He looked at her fuming sister in glee. 

Aashi stared him for fine few seconds as if had seen a ghost. 

"What did you do to him last night?" She asked baffled and Nandini couldn't stand that duo anymore. 

"He is sounding so unreal," Aashi completed her sentence and Nandini turned around to glare Manik. He seemed to be unstirred with her glower. She knew he won't budge. 

"I promise I will be back," She murmured and he looked away pretending to take his time. Leaving her hand, he tucked his hands in pocket of his pant. 

Aashi dragged Nandini along not before glaring Manik to her heart's content. Steaming meal soon got served and day had kicked start. 

_______________________________

Nandini walked her father to the warm sunshine and Mr Murthy looked around amused. It was a less crowded corner of camp where only trusted people were allowed for sake of Mr Murthy's security. People in camp still couldn't be trusted with Mr Murthy. Sitting in easy chair, Mr Murthy looked at Nandini. She smiled back. 

"Shall we start?" Asked a voice and Nandini turned around to find the barber. 

Harshad had sent that barber to groom Mr Murthy on Nandini's request and she somehow felt that she could trust Harshad. 

"Just a minute," Nandini requested and knelt down to grab her father's face in her palms. 

"Papa," She called and he responded. He had started to respond to her words. 

"This is itchy, right?" She asked touching his long hair and beard. 

Mr Murthy seemed to be confused with what Nandini had asked. 

Nandini ran her nails on her face trying to make him understand what she was trying to say. Mr Murthy did know that scratching part. Nandini was imitating him only.  

"It itch..chh..itch," he said and Nandini smiled. 

"Help," She said pointing towards the barber. He smiled immediately to tell Mr Murthy that he meant no harm. 

Mr Murthy gaped that man but didn't protest as he walked to him with his grooming kit. He slowly started to spray his water and Mr Murthy laughed with the sensation. Nandini took a step or two back as barber seemed to indulge her father in some talks. Wrapping the white cloth around his neck, barber combed Mr Murthy's hair. Mr Murthy leaned comfortably in chair and put his one leg on another. Closing his eyes, he allowed barber to do whatever he wanted to do. 

That sight was to die for. 

Nandini couldn't believe when she saw glimpse of something which was almost lost. His father always used to sit in exact position whenever barber used to do his mustache. One leg on another and a content face with closed eyes, he was sitting exactly like that. Only she knew how she was suppressing her cry seeing that sight. She didn't want to interrupt it at any cost. Before she could fight those tears more, two arms embraced her from behind. 

"He will be fine," Aashi murmured as she tried to be with Nandini. Nandini held her hand to clasp it in tight hold as she watched those traces of pain shedding bit by bit. 

"You know how brave are you to bring him out of that hell," Aashi said as she stood beside Nandini. 

"Nobody could think that he was suffering so much," She added and Nandini couldn't hold those tears anymore. 

"I don't know, Aashi," She spoke finally. Her voice trembling with emotions as she tried to let out everything. 

"I don't know if he would ever come back or not," She confessed her fear. 

"If you could take him out of that hell, you can bring him back too," Aashi said putting her chin on Nandini's shoulder. 

Both watched barber doing his work as mildly as he could. Those long messy hair were shedding bit by bit and Nandini could finally see face of man she adored all her life. He still was her hero and would always be. 

"Clean shaved?" Barber broke her trance as she adored her father. 

"No," She replied and Barber waited. 

"The way you have always seen your minister," She replied and Barber nodded in understanding. Soon that long beard got shaved and a proud mustache started to take a shape. It was return of the man she knew. 

"I can't believe I am standing in front of Minister Murthy," Aashi spoke what Nandini's heart was screaming. Mr Murthy's demeanor was something even hardship couldn't take away from him. He looked the same. 

"Would you introduce me to him?" Aashi asked clutching Nandini's hand. 

"I can't wait," Nandini replied. 

"How about now he opens his eyes and he is fine?" Nandini asked and Aashi looked at that doting daughter. She was desperate to see her father alright. 

"Believe me, he will be fine soon," Aashi could only assure. 

"It was a honor to serve you, sir," Barber said as he examined his own work. 

Mr Murthy opened his eyes and restlessly searched for only one contour. Nandini walked to him before he could panic. 

"You look handsome, papa," She murmured putting a kiss on his forehead. He grabbed her hand and peeped out to spot Aashi. 

"My friend," Nandini said extending her arm to call Aashi closer. 

Aashi walked apprehensively towards them trying not to jump a lot. She was surely nervous. She couldn't believe how things had shaped up. She used to adore Minister Murthy and his family every year when they walked in annual parade. Now she was standing beside them. 

"Nice to meet you, sir," She bowed a little and then fidgeted at her own gesture. It wasn't how she was supposed to greet minister Murthy. 

Mr Murthy just gazed her unsure before looking away. His eyes wander around to catch the subtle activity and then darted at river. 

"I think that went bad," Aashi spoke awkwardly. Nandini just smiled not knowing what to say. 

"I will try again when he is better," Aashi said and Nandini just adored her for being so understanding. 

"I love you," She mouthed to Aashi and Aashi hugged her. 

___________________

"I was thinking if we could talk," Harshad joined Nandini and Manik on riverside. Manik paced his steps holding Nandini's hand as if totally refusing Harshad's plea. 

"Yes, sure," Nandini answered perplexed trying to cop up with both ends. 

"Nandini, I wanted to talk about dictator and his army" Harshad started and Manik turned around to glare him. Nandini could sense how his entire demeanor had stiffened hearing that name. 

"She has nothing to talk about it," Manik snapped at Harshad. 

"It's important, Manik," Harshad said without getting worked up. 

"There's nothing we want to talk about," Manik sealed the conversation even before it could start and started to drag Nandini away

"Manik," Nandini tried to protest. 

"Why can't you be normal for once?" Harshad yelled and Manik halted. 

"It's important, Damn it," He added and Nandini could sense the urgency. 

"It's about safety of her and our people," Harshad spoke out loud. 

"So now your kind will talk about her safety," Manik mocked leaving Nandini's hand. He stormed towards Harshad. Both stood nose to nose glaring each other. 

"Don't bring it now. It isn't the time," Harshad warned in low tone. 

"Let me remind you if you have forgotten that it was your father who had given her away," Manik spoke loud enough for Nandini to hear. She seemed to go numb hearing the new detail. Harshad's eyes darted to notice Nandini and then returned to glare Manik. 

"After all I did, I don't think so I need to prove my stand," Harshad said proudly trying not to take guilt of what his family did. 

"What did chief do?" Nandini asked and both the men looked at her once. Manik's eyes were raging fire and Harshad's eyes held guilt. 

"He was the one who had handed you over to army," Manik didn't take a second to reveal the detail he hated the most. Nandini's face went pale as she tried to gulp the revelation. 

___________________________________

"Where is he now?" Nandini asked lowly as Harshad narrated all his father and brother had done to her. Manik was standing at the door of big tent. 

"Somewhere away," Harshad replied painfully. 

"And Harshit?' Nandini asked. 

"I haven't seen him since I have returned," Harshad replied lowly. 

"I am sorry for what they did," He said. 

"It's not your fault," Nandini replied softly. 

"Like it wasn't mine," She said and Harshad looked up to meet her eyes. It was beyond his understanding how she was so calm after listening what his family had done to her. 

"I have been in your place for so long. I can understand how it feels," She said smiling faintly. She looked at Manik who was already looking at her a bit amused. She just hoped he would understand. 

"I would never want someone to be hated for what he didn't do," She said to Harshad while her eyes didn't leave Manik. She was trying to reason questions in his eyes. His eyes softened a bit as she didn't cease to look into them. 

"I was lucky that I had someone all this while," She spoke even when she didn't mean to bring it. 

Manik's eyes flickered with something warm and She smiled. She so wanted him to know why she was saying such things to Harshad. 

"Bring him back, Harshad," She looked at Harshad at last whose eyes were gazing floor. 

"He is your father," She said and Harshad looked up. 

"He did all this with intention to save his people. He trusted wrong people and I so can relate to this. My father had done the same mistake," She spoke and Harshad gazed that lady with this new found respect. He was among those who wanted to kill her at first site when she had come to their tent. He wanted her to suffer for what her father had done. He felt ashamed of himself. 

"He doesn't want to return, Nandini," Harshad spoke as pain started to reflect on his face. 

"He was man of pride and now that pride is in dust," He spoke and Nandini could get it. If her father hadn't lost his mind, he would have been facing similar esteem issues. 

"I understand," That's all she could utter. Harshad got up and walked to door of tent to leave. 

"Do not weigh yourself down for something you haven't done, Harshad," Nandini said aloud. Harshad nodded before leaving the tent. Silence filled the big tent as Manik stood there gazing his girl who had just done something for which he had no words. He was faraway from such mercies. It would have been a lie if he had said how he agreed to what she did, but he couldn't question her either. 

Nandini looked up to meet his gaze which was full of this reverence. She didn't know how to read it. She was afraid to lose him to one thing or another. 

"You don't have anything to say?' She asked unsure. 

"Have you left anything to say?" He asked baffled. He was in awe with that girl. 

"Nandini Murthy," He called aloud and she got up foreboding the worst. 

Walking to her, he grabbed her urgently from her waist. 

"Who are you?' He asked and she batted her eyes perplexed. 

Putting his finger under her chin, he lifted her face. Stealing a quick peck, he shut her buzzing mind up. 

"You are everything I am not," He said and she hugged him tight. His clasp was tighter and she smiled thinking if she could ever meet his yearning. The fact that they were poles apart, belonged to two different worlds, they had found their ways to each other. Nothing could be more precious than this, she murmured some prayers before kissing side of his neck warmly. 

______________________________

"Dictator has given one month ultimatum to his army to hunt you and Mr Murthy down," Aabid informed as everyone assembled after dinner. Manik's grip over Nandini's hand tightened and Aashi looked at Harshad to confirm. Harshad nodded confirming it. 

"Even his ghost cannot touch her," Manik roared. 

"What's there with you which he needs, Nandini?" Aabid bhai asked. Only he could tame that group of hotheads and lead a conversation. 

Nandini's throat dried as scenes of courtroom flashed in her mind.She licked her lips. Aashi came to hold her other hand. 

"You can tell, Nandini," Aashi said and Nandini looked at Manik. His eyes held assurance that he would listen. 

"He needs my father's signature," Nandini uttered and then took a long breath to start telling story of her father. 

It was time, they prepare for a battle not for refuge.  

__________________

___________________________________________

Unedited*

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

453K 13.6K 41
RATED MATURE | Completed ✔ Held captive at the hands of vampires to be auctioned off to the vampire clan called the PureBloods. I'm held hostage, tor...
Run, Darling Da az!a

Storie d'amore

3.5K 128 16
WARNING : Written when I was young, my mind was everywhere, read at your own cost. She had to run. She ate her own child on command, there was noth...
83.7K 4.9K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
303K 10.3K 34
When 17 year old Emilee meets unknown punk rock band Black Veil Brides, she has no idea who they are!! But she soon learns they'll play a huge part i...