A World of Fangs (Slow Update...

By songbird125

Werewolves and vampires have take over the world and human were forced into hiding and are being hunted. Blak... More

Chapter 1: Life in the Apocalypse
Chapter 2: A Wolfy Encounter
Chapter 3: Wolfy's Bridge Is Falling Down, Falling Down
Chapter 4: The Chase Is On
Chapter 6: Denying The Bond
Chapter 7: Wake Up Into a Nightmare
Chapter 8: First Impressions
Chapter 9: Grounded
Not An Update
Chapter 10: New Sister And a New Enemy
Chapter 11: So That's How It's Going To Be
Chapter: 12 Who She Really Is
Chapter 13: I Remember All
Chapter 14: Mixed Feelings
Chapter 15: What Else Could Go Wrong?
Chapter 16: Love and War
Chapter 17: Reacquainted
Chapter 18: Further Complications
Not an update
Chapter 19: Laying It All Out

Chapter 5: Self Sacrifice

5.3K 183 37
By songbird125

Sorry this took so long guys, but writer's block is a b!tch. I have been really busy lately, but without further ado, let get started.
-------------------------------------------

Back at the werewolf packhouse, that was close by to the abandoned city, The Alpha was readying his warriors. His warriors were lined up in front of him, ready to follow any order from their Alpha.

"I want our mate! I want her in our arms, now!" The Alpha's wolf demanded.

"Relax, we will have her,"

The Alpha stopped abruptly in front of them and turned directly facing them.

"The time to calm my mate and your Luna is upon us," The Alpha announced to his warriors. "Now when our spies report in we will-,"

He was suddenly cut himself off and his eyes glossed over. He was being contacted via a message from his spies via mind link, his spies have something.

"Alpha! The human colony is on the move!" The Head leader of his stealth unit stated.

"Where are they now?" The Alpha questioned.

"They are taking the path in the meadow, which leads to the valley, If they get beyond that point they will be in No-Man's Land."

"We are on our way, send us a mental image and don't lose them!"

"Yes, Alpha," And with that, they shut off their link.

"Okay men, that was the signal, we leave now!" The Alpha declared and the cheers of his men roared into the air.

The Colony of humans was bravely making their way through the peaceful meadow. They had to wake up really early in order to get a head start on the wolves. So they had packed up camp last night and set out on their trucks and jeeps toward the valley.

"I can't believe we had to wake up this early," Beth yawned.

"It's either wake up early or be captured by wolves," Blake said.

"I not the one being chased by an Alpha," Beth countered.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that,"

"So where are we heading, anyway?" Alvin asked.

"The chief said that there was a valley up ahead which leads to No-Man's Land," Ivan explained while driving the others in hid jeep. "The wolves won't be able to follow us there."

"I just hope you're right," Blake sighed.

They continued the rest of the ride in silence. They still had a long way to go, if they wanted to reach the valley in time before dark.

As time went by, Blake wondered why she was mated to a wolf in the first. What kind of cruel mystical force would punish her with this kind of cruel faith? She had good and kind to others who deserved it and killed and kicked the asses of bad. But she guessed she just unlucky.

"This bites..." Blake thought gloomily.

Somewhere, along the way, the colony stop for a break to eat and rebuild their strength. While the adults double-checked their essentials, the children ran around playing.

Blake and her friends, on the other hand, were training to polish their skills for their next encounter with any wolves at any time. It looked like it was going to be smooth sailing from there on. However, faith loved to prove everyone wrong.

Howls were being heard from the distance and just above the horizon, wolves began pouring out the woods. Blake and the others were shocked how could they found them so quickly?

The wolves filed together into two rows of lines. The largest one, The Alpha, stood up and walked over to face the humans in wolf form.

"Who is your leader, humans?" He asked in a low and scary tone.

"I am," a single voice called and Guren emerged from the crowd. "What do you animals want?"

The Alpha growled at the insult. "You know exactly what I want, the girl. Give her to me!"

"How about no,"

"It wasn't a request weakling and if you haven't noticed, you are not in the position to refuse me!"

Guren gave the alpha his best glare what he could muster, but the Alpha smirked.

"Now you all could come back to my pack, so my pack members can find their potential mates or we take you by force and still you still come with us. Which will it be?"

"I'll go with the third option," Guren declared. "We kill you right now and burn your corpses."

"Your welcome to try, but the result will be the same," The Alpha said.

"We'll see about that,"

As this whole scene was transpiring, Blake was watching from a distance. She thought it was all She thought it was all her fault that this was happening. She felt like she needed to put an end. and that what she was going to do.

"Stop!" She yelled out. She didn't think, she just did.

Blake walked through the crowd of humans and stood next to her captain, who was shocked by her actions, presenting herself in front of the wolves. For a brief moment, the Alpha stared at his mate with lust in his eyes. Blake cleared her throat and spoke her mind.

"You don't need to search for me," She declared. "I will go with you."

"No! Blake, you can't," Her team and Captain said at the same time, followed by several gasps from the colony.

"Silence!" The alpha growled, moving towards her and reached a claw-filled hand to her, but Blake stepped back.

"But..." She dragged out signifying that there was more to this. "In exchange, you have to give me your word, that you will leave my colony alone and let them go free."

The Alpha looked at her bewildered for a moment, then switch back to his blank expression.

"And what makes you think you are in the position to make such a deal?" The Alpha inquired. "I could just take you right now and let my pack find their potential mates with-"

The Alpha didn't get to finish his sentence because Blake did something crazy. She took out a knife and cut the palm of her hand. The sight and smell of his mate's blood actually terrified the Alpha.

"Because I know that you want me in one piece and in good condition," Blake waved the knife and then settle its blade by her neck. "So listen closely, because I will not say this again. Either you take me and leave everyone else alone, or I kill myself now and leave you mateless and with the memory that there was nothing you could have done."

The Alpha was hesitant, he didn't know what to do. Whether to do as his mate said, take her and leave her colony alone, leaving the once and a lifetime chance to help his pack find most of their mates or disregard his mates offer, put her life on the line and seize the colony.

"Well?" Blake asked holding the blade of the knife more closer to her throat.

"Ok ok, you win," The Alpha growled but then turned to a whimper. "Please, just don't hurt yourself anymore."

"Alright," she put down the weapon. "Will you allow me to say goodbye?"

"I will give a few moments with your loved ones," The Alpha responded with.

Blake nodded and walked back to her friends, who were now stood in the open view to skulk their friend.

"Are you insane you can't go with them,"

"Blake, we've known for too long to let these... dogs have you!"

"Please rethink your decision, it's not too late to change your mind,"

"Guys, guys, listen!" Blake yelled to get her voice the arguments. "I am only doing this for the good of the colony and most of all for you guys. You know as good as me that we are totally outnumbered and that Alpha won't stop until he has me. You know the old saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"."

"I can't believe you'd think that we would accept this, we can fight, I know can we!" Ivan tried desperately to persuade his best friend.

"I know, but just please," Blake cooed. "I am asking you as your friend to let me go."

When they figured out that their points weren't getting through, they bowed their heads in defeat and gave Blake a group hug. Blake was taken back by this and sank into it, knowing that this could be the last time that she will ever see her friends again. Then her tears finally fell.

She walked away from her team and made her way towards Guren.

"I guess this is so long, chief," She said in a cracked voice.

Rather than saying any words, he brought her in to hug of his own. He agreed to her decision, but he didn't like it one bit. Blake returned the hug, they each pulled away.

"Give them hell," He smiled sadly at her.

"I was already planning to," She answered back.

She walked away from her captain and walked off towards the wolves. The Alpha got on all fours, signaling her to get on his back. Blake followed the gesture and climbed aboard. With one sad look at her friends, no, her family, the Alpha dashed off with his pack in tow, bringing his pack a new Luna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 471 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
2.7M 50.5K 25
Nolan doesn't want a mate at all. But then his mate Emery shows up and wants him to change his player ways and be a real mate to her. Nolan refuses t...
5.2K 198 39
*Now rated Mature because of final chapter* In a world where shifters live on reservations and cater to the human's whims, there are also advantages...
16.9M 563K 29
A world where humans despise werewolves not because they know them personally but because their fear of them. Stella Morgan is just a regular 20 year...