American Girls

By romelorenzox

*COMPLETED* Karlie Kloss is an international pop star with a bad girl reputation. It's all sex, drugs, and r... More

Prologue, part one
Prologue, part two
Chapt. 1
Chapt. 2
Chapt. 3
Chapt. 4
Chapt. 5
Chapt. 6
Chapt. 7
Chapt. 8
Chapt. 9
Chapt.10
Chapt. 11
Chapt. 12

Chapt. 13

3.8K 127 141
By romelorenzox

10:32am

Waking up wide eyed and filled with fits of anxiety, Karlie Kloss rolls over to an empty bed. "What the fuck?" Karlie mumbles as she gazes around the seemingly empty room until she finds a pink post it note on the singers pillow where her head should be.

A tad upset and possibly conflicted, Karlie sits up on her knees. Running a nervous finger through messy blonde hair she's never felt more uncomfortable. With her tight Versace brief underwear and one of Taylor's plain white T-shirts, she finds the courage to read the note that was left to her.

"Get ready for tonight baby,
It's all yours. I was running behind and needed an early start, I know today is going to be a long day. But, I am so unbelievably proud of you and I can't wait to see you later I'll call you soon. I love you -t"

With a warm heart she clutches the small Post-it note to her chest. Smiling like a teenage fool, she slips her way out of bed and pads around Taylor's bedroom. Although she realizes she's been here 1 million times she has not actually looked around. And she's happy that she does this morning, Taylor had framed three photos of the two of them and placed them across her dresser. When she turns around and looks now to Taylor side of the bed, she sees a another photo of them on the small bedside stand, hugging Taylor happily from behind in her kitchen. The feeling inside her is one she's never felt before, she makes her way into the bathroom and takes a steaming hot shower to wash away the anxiety of tonight. Opening her own business was huge, especially a studio that a lot of artists can use and will end up depending on. Karlie is responsible for all of it, at this point she's decided she still learning and she has time to figure all this out. In the back of her mind however she constantly reminds herself this is her first vast responsibility and Karlie needs to be serious.

Before she even knows it Karlie has gotten out of the shower. She wraps herself in a warm white towel, her body steaming as she enters the cool bathroom air. Rolling up her hair in a separate towel she carefully peers up and out of Taylor's bathroom window. As she unfortunately expects, paparazzi are waiting outside. Clearly unaware that Taylor had already left, but just praying to catch Karlie leaving here. Groaning, she quickly throws on a dark pair of sweats and quickly tosses her towels into the laundry. Packing up some stuff she may need she grabs her phone and leaves the bedroom. Karlie quickly makes her way downstairs to feed the cats and leave. The task is quiet and both of them are satisfied, at least as much as she can make them, then she takes the key Taylor's given her and makes her way to the front door.

Outside she's greeted by Taylor security that's left behind. They're able to run her through the small group of paparazzi that have stayed and she shutters a little bit inside, not knowing how they're going to pull off that story. Another photo to add to Tree's PR nightmare is that Karlie's been caught already leaving or entering Taylor's apartment a few times this week, people were talking and both of them knew it but neither of them were saying anything to each other about the situation.

It all just frustrated the singer, and by the time she reaches her house to get ready for the opening she doesn't even remember how she's gotten there. It took Karlie weeks to find the outfit she wanted and although the weather rather chilly and sometimes her glam squad a little extra, she felt like that was what she needed. All of tonight was about her, she felt like she needed that little extra attention for this special event. Her biggest goal is just to make Taylor proud she's done enough for the woman, it's the least Karlie can give her back.

As soon as she's safe inside her apartment and is about to dial Taylor, Karlie is whisked away to her kitchen by her hair and makeup friends.

"I have to call Taylor quickly." She expresses as she places the last cheek kiss and side hug to every person in the room. Sitting down on her chair she pulls out her phone as the glam team starts setting up. Hitting send, butterflies rush through her. When did this happen to me?

"Good morning sunshine." Taylor's soothing voice sings though the phone only after a couple rings. "I'm sorry I missed you this morning."

Karlie giggles, "well it's okay because you're going to hate me.." Karlie trails off gritting her teeth. "I was papped leaving your place again." She says awkwardly, no matter how much she tries to play it cool she knew how bad that was and deep down she feels awful. It's only when she's treated to silence on the other line that her heart sinks further than she imagined. Had she really fucked up that much?

However on the other line, Taylor leans against the wall of the tailors store, listening to Karlie's voice and how it's so easy to sense how afraid Karlie was to tell her this, Taylor's heart was breaking too.

"Karlie, I want to come out." She breaths out heavily. Her hand comes to her mouth as hot tears of anxiety threaten to spill.

Karlie is now the one who is speechless. She's been waiting for this moment, not for anything to do with herself but for Taylor. She need this, she needed to be free. And truth be told, it made Karlie so happy to hear this. Meeting Taylor changed her completely.

"Karlie?"

"I'm here." Karlie mumbles now through an excited grin, "i'm here baby and we can do this together. I love you, Taylor." The singer is so overwhelmed with joy she's surprised to even get words out, she wishes Taylor was right in front of her from the desire to kiss her now.

"I love you too Karlie, I'll meet you on the red carpet tonight, I have to go."

With the set promise to finally set herself free, Karlie and Taylor say their mutual goodbyes and suddenly in Karlie's mind, everything is possible.

She can't wait for tonight, 7pm couldn't come sooner.

*****

5:43pm

Standing in front of countless mirrors, Taylor is posed there in the center, admiring herself and her outfit that they've finally been able to get right today.

The entire rest of Taylor's own morning and afternoon felt like a complete mess. Mostly due to the fact that Taylor has chosen bravely to walk the red carpet of Karlie's studio opening hand in hand tonight. This move was insane for many reasons. Never in her career has Taylor walked an event with any of her relationships, and to finally do so with the most bad mouthed, dangerously enticing woman in pop culture right now as a couple topped the madness. Not to mention that Karlie Kloss has only been known to have random flings and never a serious or monotonous relationship.

Tonight was a silent mess beautifully wrapped in a bow because of Taylor's silent promise to make tonight work no matter what. Weirdly for her though, shes felt extremely sick since the moment she woke up. It came out of no where and when she first opened her eyes this morning the dizziness and nausea was quite overwhelming. Thankfully more tame now that her day has progressed she still feels a little off.

She swore a few minutes ago that her vision felt blurry. After a few moments spent squinting, she changed her contacts. It didn't help for a while but it went away, she chalks the odd symptoms up to stress. Last minute adjustments are made to her outfit for tonight as hair and makeup manages to swoop back in and apply last minute changes.

At 6:03pm, Taylor gets a notification from twitter on her iPhone. Smiling wide as she sees #KlossyStudio trending and the first picture is posted of Karlie.

"Oh my god!" Taylor exclaims, not being able to contain her excitement. Too impatient, she swipes open the notification and gasps. Her jaw falling open as she expands the photo and she can't help the massive smile on her face. "That's my girlfriend, can you believe." Taylor says to her makeup team in awe. All laughing at the lovestruck singer, they happily agree and compliment the gorgeous pop star.

With a wide grin Taylor shoos away the people around her. Shoving her phone in her pocket and putting her bills on her card, the singer swiftly exits the building with no pun intended. For some odd reason, seeing Karlie struck a brave nerve inside of her. She wanted to get to the studio opening immediately. Being with Karlie had been an absolute journey for Taylor, one she never knew she needed and certainly never imagined what she signed up for.

That was one of the many things that made Karlie amazing. She's beautifully unpredictable. And as Taylor slips in the backseat of her large SUV, butterflies swarm her stomach. Rose colored cheeks permanently stain her cheeks as security jumps in the drivers seat and buckles up. Maneuvering into traffic took some time, as would getting to the red carpet. Karlie said seven, she's waiting for me. This is it. Taylor says to herself as they inch closer and closer to the opening, minute by minute.

By 6:46 Taylor was sick in many ways. Sick of traffic mostly however, weirdly dizzy. Lightly touching her forehead she closes her eyes and tries to keep her head in place.

"Are you alright Ms. Swift?" Ian asks cautiously from the drivers seat.

Taylor shakes her head, "call me Taylor." She mumbles with the shake of her head.

"Well Taylor, I hope you're okay. Because we're here." Ian says before taking a fairly sharp jerk to the right side of the road and gently gliding alongside the curb behind a few other celebrities arriving before her.

"I'm okay, thank you." Taylor says with a hard gulp as they finally pull up to the carpet. She sees Karlie waiting and the beautiful woman is looking right back.

Taylor is so proud of her.

However, just as the door of the car opens to let Taylor out things take a turn.
First it starts with the massive wave of nausea that practically takes over Taylor. Holding strong and acting like nothing's wrong she very cautiously makes her way a few steps forward. Looking like nothing was wrong and knowing right away her already bold choices for tonight was turning heads. What the hell was up with her though?

"God damn, is that my girlfriend?" Karlie says proudly as Taylor approaches. Smiles cover their faces as they meet in a tight, intimate embrace. Cameras already flashing all around them, Taylor happens to wonder if that paparazzi guy would show up.

"Karlie I'm so proud of you." Taylor responds as they separate from their tight embrace yet still managed to keep each other close. "I have to tell you though, I think something is wrong with me." Taylor confesses nervously as she tries to focus her eyes on Karlie but things seem like they're getting blurry. She had to have been imagining this, right? As a result of the stress of coming out so boldly, and choosing a wig for once.

"What? Are you okay? Taylor if you're sick you should go home." Karlie expresses with worry, trying to reach out and touch Taylor's forehead however the older woman declines.

Instead, she takes a small step back before reaching her hand out and smiling warmly at the younger girl.

"We have a carpet to walk." She says with a sideways smile. Karlie, taking Taylor's hand decides for the second time ever that she'd follow Taylor anywhere. Hand in hand, they begin to make their way down the red carpet together.

"Just normal American Girls." Karlie mumbles though gritted teeth as they pose endlessly together for everyone to get their share of photos. Laughing herself she can't understand how Taylor didn't find it funny or why she was so quiet.

It was in this same moment that the final thing happened, completely turning this night upside down.

"Karlie, I don't feel good."

*****

"Wha-" Karlie looks beside her and when she does, her entire face falls.

Taylor, is completely pale. Her eyes look dazed as if she's not even on the same planet as Karlie is. In the next second, Taylor goes deadweight in Karlie's arms. The younger singer yells and audible gasps are heard all around them. The entire world to Taylor feels like it's just spinning. She can barley hear a word nor feel her body.

It's tingling, and all she can see in front of her besides a big blur is Karlie. Faintly she makes out "stay with me taylor" or "j love you baby hold on," however at this point it doesn't feel real to Taylor anymore.

Heavily she drifts and is lowered to the ground, she can't feel her body whatsoever. And she was frustrated, time felt like it was moving so slow. Something bigger was going on here though. Taylor felt like she was disappearing.

Quite literally.

As she closes her eyes, overwhelmed with the heaviness of her eye lids that are begging her to sleep she gives in. It feels nice, and rather peaceful. She had no idea what was happening to her right now or anymore. Everything felt dark and fuzzy to her.

"Taylor... Taylor.."

Catching faint calls of her name she listens closely to them through the darkness. Having no idea whose voice this is she just hopes she can find it.

"Taylor.. wake up.."

The voice strikes louder and familiar. Eager to leave this darkness she does what she feels like was a massive jump from her darkened state towards whoever is speaking to her.

When Taylor opens her eyes, she's no where she expects. Trying to sit up fast she's stopped quickly by a strong hand. Groggy, she's confused but let's the person gently guide her back down. Rubbing her eyes hard she jumps again when her vision clears and she sees who is in front of her.

"Derek? What the hell are you doing here?" She exclaims in confusion. By the look on his face however, he's even more confused. Moving in a little closer he kneels down further and adjusts the ice pack on Taylor's head. Silently gazing around she slightly gasps when she sees where she is.

Taylor is in the studio she was in months ago when she first met Karlie. And come to think of it, she's wearing the exact same clothes.

"Derek, please. What happened to me?" Taylor pleas in confusion. She knows exactly what's happened now but it's literally too good to be true. Karlie in the way that she was, the way Taylor's mind made her, caused her to fall in love with that woman. This simply couldn't be true.

Yet, it was. Sighing with exhaustion, Derek rolls up his shirt sleeves and sits on the edge of the studio couch she has apparently been resting on.

"I brought you here today to meet and collaborate with Karlie Kloss for the first time." Derek begins calmly, keeping his bounce steady and gentle eye contact with Taylor as he speaks.

"Anyway she strolled her way in here like she owned the place and she was a little late. You being the sweetheart you are and trying to reach out to her, managed to trip over a massive amount of chords. Karlie practically caught you and seconds later you passed out for some reason, it was weird."

Derek finishes with a light hearted shrug, relieved now that Taylor's awake.

Embarrassed, the singer hangs her head low. Biting her lip curiously she can't believe how crazy this all is. Everything she's thought she's just had with Karlie Kloss has been a lie. Taylor merely just manages to imagine an entire life with someone, and not one part of it was true.

"We got a doctor here, you're okay it's not even a bump." Derek tries to reassure her, but Taylor's off in another land. How did this happen in the first place? For the first time in a long time to Swift is embarrassed, broken and exhausted all at the same time. Over a love she only created inside of her head and has never really known.

"Karlie didn't stay?" Taylor asks smoothly, unfortunately she manages to get an eyebrow raise from Derek and she immediately realizes she screwed herself. Setting up slowly on the couch Taylor takes a deep breath and runs a hand through her hair. Derek stands and with no time he's back and handing her a fresh glass of cold water, Taylor is thankful and Derek sits on the couch next to her.

Eager to hear whatever has happened inside of Taylor's mine when she had fallen in some sort of deep sleep for a few hours, Derek fumbles his hands in excitement.

"What happened with you and Karlie while you left reality?" He finally jokes towards her.

Taylor managed to stifle a laugh although her mine goes elsewhere. She thinks about the entire time that she thought she spent with Karlie and a piece of her heart she thinks she had fees a tad bit missing. She thought it was months.

Remaining her innocence and wracking her brain too for answers she seeks and can't seem to find, she shrugs off the question finally after some time with ease. 7:02pm she notices on the distant wall clock, a small smile forming on her lips as she traces them carefully with her finger. Flashbacks of love and hate from her dreams gives her a rush of emotions flooding her body and feeling sad now to know the truth. Gazing off in the distance she finally answers,

"We were just, normal American Girls."

The end.

***
Hey guys!

Okay! I want to say so much and don't know how to say it. First off, I am extremely sorry it's taken me so long to update. Over the past three months it's been very difficult in my personal life, I've been extremely sick and we (until recently) weren't sure what was happening. Now that we know, I have to get surgery soon which is why I pushed though and tried to finish this chapter. and on top of that I've just recently broken my dominant hand. So it's been a crazy few months and I appreciate all of you for hanging out and sending me encouraging messages it all means the world to me.

I'm also sorry if this seems rushed in anyway, as of right now this is how I would like to end the story and this is how I have seen it the entire time ever since I decided to turn into an AU. Speaking of which, I would really like to thank the anon who originally sent me the idea for American girls that they have requested as a one-shot which was:

"Can you write a fanfic where Taylor and Karlie are both popular singers who have shared similar success but Taylor is seen as Americas sweet heart while Karlie is seen as a bad girl. In this fanfic i think it would be cool if their relationship went from hate to love." -Anon request.

So thank you anon, and thank you all for reading. I'm also so sorry if any of this is messed up, my hand is hard to type with so I'll fix them another time.

Once again thank you all for reading and thank you all for hanging in there, can't wait to show what I have next planned for you all.

Much love,
-xx, shay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 3.1K 31
{A Kaylor Partial AU} It's 2014 and Taylor Swift is getting ready to launch an album that will mark her full transition into the pop industry. She's...
76.9K 2.3K 20
"Everything is okay Tay, just.." Karlie stops talking for a bit and seems to be searching for the right words. "Just thank you." She finally says and...
123K 3.3K 27
Singer- songwriter Taylor Swift has never been particularly lucky in love, so much so that she has become a lonely shadow of herself. However when sh...
19.5K 667 13
At a wedding, out of nowhere is how Karlie Kloss meets the love of her life. But then the next morning she disappears and Karlie doesn't see her agai...