The Muted Luna (Sequel to TAS...

By princess_anabel

"Life was never the same after that moment. After I left.... I was the never the same. But what do you expect... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
(Chapter 5)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 22

13.7K 470 247
By princess_anabel

(Nate's POV)

She left the room and now I felt like I could breath.

I leaned my head back against the wall and closed my eyes.

Shes back. After two years she came back.

Braxton was shaking in his place and so was Alex.

Alex turned and hit the wall so hard that it made a hole.

He turned and walked out of the room probably leaving so he could cool down.

"I will be back in an hour. I am coming to this meeting."

Braxton looked at me and then left.

I didn't even know what to say at this point. Was I suppose to be happy that shes back?

Was I suppose to be mad for everything that she has put us through, or was I suppose to be hurt that she left and didn't even try to let us help her.

"What are you thinking?" Danny asked as he sat in the chair across from me.

I sighed and ran both hands through my hair.

"I don't know man. I don't know what to feel. It's like I'm feeling everything so much that I feel nothing at all." he nodded his head and took out his phone.

"Well I guess we should call off the search party now. No point in looking for someone who is already here." He put the phone to his ear and called Jordan.

When Eva had left I gathered a search party. They don't go far but just far enough to look for clues.

"Hey Quin, put Jordan on."

Quin joined Jordan on the trip, and was now not only head of the pack warriors but she and Jordan are a thing.

They decided that they weren't going to look for their mates and wait on them any longer because there was no point.

Their feelings for each other have been strong since day one.

"Hey man. Come home. We found her or well she found us."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"I don't know, its a long story just come back."

I sat there and watched as he kept talking

"Okay well how long?"

He nodded his head and sighed.

"Alright. I'll wire the money." With that he hung up and looked at me.

"They're about eight hours out but with a jet I say two hours out maybe less." I nodded my head and stood up.

"I'm going to check on Ariana." We were expecting our second child and I wanted to know that she was okay.

I haven't yet told her that Eva is back and I don't know how I'm going to tell her.

I walked out of the room and up to the next floor to our room.

The door was locked and I knew she was still worried.

Knocking gently I wiggled the door knob.

"Ariana, its only me. They're gone." I heard the dresser move from in front of the door and she threw herself at me.

"Oh thanks god." she whispered.

"Did they..." she left the question hanging but I shook my head.

"No all the women and children are safe. We actually got help." I didn't want her to worry about Eva being here just yet.

She has never forgiven Eva for using Xavier as a pawn when she left.

And honestly, neither have I. Or I don't think I have...

"I heard Braxton came just in time with extra men. I wonder how he found them in time."

I kissed her forehead and looked down at her stomach.

"How's the baby?" we don't know what we're having just yet we want to keep it a surprise.

"Fine shes a trooper." she smiled up at me but it was starting to fall.

"Whats wrong?" I grabbed her hand and took her over to the bed.

"Nothing I was just worried about you three... Speaking of three wheres Xavier?"

"Right here!" he came from out of the closest and ran into my arms.

"Hey buddy, did you keep mommy safe?"

He smiled up at me and nodded his head quickly.

"Yea! We were hiding away in the closet and I told mommy that.. that if a man came in I would beat him up and I told mommy not to worry because I'm a big boy and I could protect her now." he sounded so proud and my heart filled with pride.

"Yes you are a big boy and I'm proud of you for taking care of mommy while I was gone you're going to be an amazing Alpha one day." He smiled with pride and I kissed his head.

After awhile of talking I realized I only had thirty minutes left until the meeting.

"I'm going to go take a shower. There is a meeting later on today and I want you to be there." I said looking at Ariana.

She looked surprised and I didn't blame her. We've heard about the killings in all the packs nearby but because Ariana is pregnant I didn't want to stress her or the baby so we thought it was best she didn't attend.

But I think now since Eva is back, things have changed.

"Okay it has to be serious if you want me there." Ariana said

But I sighed and got up from the bed.

"Just come to the meeting, I will explain everything there." I kissed the top of her head before walking into the bathroom, and leaving her before she could answer.

I try to let the hot water relax my muscles and ease my stress but no such luck.

I wiped the blood and sweat from my body then finally stepped out of the shower.

I threw on a regular gray shirt , and black pants.

I ruffled my hair not caring what it looks like.

I felt Ariana behind me and when I looked up in the mirror she smiled.

"Ready?" I asked as I turned around to face my beautiful mate.

"Ready." she replied. I grabbed her by the hand and kissed her.

Pulling her to my office I was met with Danny, Destiny, Athena, and still a pissed off Alex.

"Can you be here?" I asked looking at Alex.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Whats wrong?" Ariana asked but he just shook his head.

"You'll see." I'm guessing he didn't tell Athena because when Ariana looked at her questionably she just shrugged her shoulders.

But just like Ariana she was worried too.

I sat in my chair as Ariana sat in hers that was right next to me.

Danny stood to my right as Alex stood to my left.

I checked my watch and it was exactly an hour from when Eva said she would come.

"Have you talked to Jordan and Quin?" I asked looking at Danny

"Yea they're almost here." I nodded my head and we fell into silence.

"I don't like this." Ariana said looking at me. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and smiled.

Before I could say anything the door slammed opened and my heart rate skipped a beat thinking it was Eva but it was only Braxton and his Beta.

"What is he doing here?" Ariana said looking at me but I rolled my eyes.

"Hes here for the meeting." I said annoyed that he actually came.

Where is she? I was about to get up to look for her when the door opened and there she was.

Ariana gasped and so did everyone else.

"Eva?" Athena said. Her eyes got watery but Eva nodded at her.

"Hello Athena. It has been a long time."

          She was being rolled in by the girl who got in Alex's face earlier.

She smirked when she saw Alex and Alex growled at her.

She blew a kiss at him, only antagonizing him further.

"Enough." I said looking at both of them. Alex crossed his arms, glaring at the girl who did the same.

No one said anything as the guy closed the door.

"Your back." Destiny said looking at her.

Eva turned her eyes to hers and nodded her head once.

"What do you want?" Ariana said anger leaking from her voice.

But Eva didn't seem fazed.

She looked at Ariana with a straight face and spoke.

"To help. There's a bunch of rogues invading packs and killing children. I came to make sure no one else gets hurt."

"And why exactly is that your problem?" Alex asked looking at her.

She growled and looked at him.

"It's not. But when thousands are being murdered and no one has yet to stop them then it comes my problem. I can help."

"No." Ariana said starring at her.

I snapped my head towards her but she ignored me.

"You get the hell off my territory and never come back." Natalia stepped forward and growled but Alex was right there blocking her way.

"Give me a reason to kill you." He said but she smirked.

            "Try it and you'll be on the ground before you can say hell." The guy threatened.

"Enough. Back down Natalia." Eva said but surprisingly she did. She walked back towards Eva but she didn't look happy.

Why were they listening to her?

"I did not come here to talk to you. I came to talk to Nate who is the Alpha of this pack."

"Alpha to this pack but MY mate. I won't repeat myself. LEAVE NOW." Ariana was starting to get upset and I knew this was getting out of control.

"ENOUGH." I said looking at her. Her head snapped towards me as she got up from her seat and starred at me.

"You're not seriously considering this?"

"There are thousands dead already I will not dismiss her because you don't like her. I at least need to hear what she has to say, not for me, not for you, but for this packs safety."

I don't care that she was mad at Eva but this was beyond all of us. We can argue about the past later but this is about keeping everyone safe.

Ariana sighed and she sat back down.

"How do you propose to help?" I asked looking at Eva.

This time the guy spoke up.

"I've created a scanner that transmits frequency and sound from fifty miles away. We've been listening to the scanners and those rogues aren't finished. They will be back but if you let us stay we can help."

"How?" I asked again.

"My men have trained their whole life. By doubling your warriors you have a higher chance of succeeding the next time they attack." The guy said looking at me.

I looked at Danny and he sighed.

"He's right Nate. We were way out numbered this time if they hadn't came who knows what would have happened."

"My men can help them." Braxton said looking at her.

"Your men? I just saved fifteen of your men from getting killed. I don't think you would suffice." Eva said not sparring a glance at Braxton.

"Would you like to know what would have happened?" Everyone looked at Eva who was looking at me.

"Had those rogues had gotten their way they would have kidnapped all of your women and children, tying them up, and killing them. But not before raping and torturing each and every child. We did not have to come here, but we came. We can leave and continue on our journey, but the minute we walk out of that door the offer is off the table. And you all can live with the guilt of letting hundreds of your own die."

Everyone in the room was now looking at her.

I sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"Danny, set up rooms for them make sur-"

"No." Eva said looking at Danny and then me.

"We will not be staying in your pack house. We will set up our campsite on the south side of the territory. We will be out of view, and we won't interfere with your pack just as you will not interfere with ours." She said looking at me.

"What about food?" Athena said looking at Eva.

But all she did was shake her head at Athena.

"We have enough resources."

"Anything else?" I asked

No one said anything and Eva nodded her head.

"Your pack will train with us. You all lack certain skills and could use some pointers."

        Alex growled and I didn't blame him.

"Are you saying I don't know how to train my men?"

"That is exactly what I am saying. We have saved half of your men tonight. If it wasn't for us they'd all be dead."

She was blunt, and disrespecting my wolf and I wasn't having it.

"Watch it Eva. You're already on thin ice." But Eva growled.

"Why is that?" she asked.

"You know why." but Eva took calming breaths.

"We train at five. Tell your men. If they're late then they will not train with us." With that she nodded her head the girl who went behind and started pushing her wheel chair.

"We don't run on your terms. You run on ours. You're a guest here remember that."

The girl stopped pushing the wheel chair and Eva turned her head towards Ariana before speaking.

"I was always a guest here, you all made that very clear." as if the night wasn't eventful enough Eva goes and says that.

Ariana didn't know what to say but even if she did Eva didn't give her a chance to speak.

          They turned around and left. Closing the door behind them.

"Everyone out. I need to speak with Ariana." Everyone left the room leaving us alone to speak.

I sighed and looked towards Ariana.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" I asked I could tell she felt bad but I shook my head.

"Dammit Ariana I brought you here to try and make peace. And you go and try to banish her from the territory?"

"Have you forgotten what she did?!"

"She was never going to hurt Xavier and deep down you knew that!"

"Nate I will not have he-"

"ENOUGH. She is here and shes going to stay here. That is my baby sister and your best friend how could you be so heartless?"

Her eyes got watery but I didn't care.

"And don't you ever dare try to make a decision without even consulting me. You are not Alpha of this pack."

She stopped crying and her sadness turned to anger.

"I am Luna of this pack, I am the Alpha female!"

"Then fucking act like it! You were going to let us die because you couldn't see past what she did two years ago. This is bigger than our problems with her. You were going to send her packing and you didn't even bother to think of the pack and their safety. If you can't make the right decision then don't make any at all. And if you ever pull that shit again so help me Ariana I will leave you. If you can't be fit enough to help me run this pack then I don't need you here."

Tears ran down her face but I didn't regret anything I've said. Ariana hasn't been the best Luna that this pack deserves.

"You would leave me?" She asked as a tear slipped from her eyes.

"Yes, because I would rather be broken on the inside than let a hundred people die."

She stood up and lowered her head.

"I'm sorry Nate, I was just so mad.. Nothing has been right since I've gotten here and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong." She broke down in tears and I knew I shouldn't have yelled at her like that.

I grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to me.

"I will always love you, but we need to be on the same level."

She nodded her head and I pulled her body towards mine.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." I said and she hugged me tighter.

We stayed like that for awhile until I heard her stomach growl.

"Come, we need to get food into you." she smiled and we walked out of the office but I stopped when I saw Eva standing right there.

"I need to speak with you... privately." she said looking at Ariana.

"Where is your cast and your wheel chair you shouldn't be standing let alone walking right now."

But she looked at Ariana again who cleared her throat and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll go find Athena." She walked passed Eva who didn't spare a glance at her.

I opened my office door and ushered her inside.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as she ripped the bandage from her shoulder.

There was nothing there. The stitches were gone and so was the wound. It was like it completely vanished.

"My training has helped me heal myself faster than most." she said taking a seat across from me.

"Interesting.. where have you done your training at?"

But she sighed and looked at me.

"That is irrelevant. I need to ask a favor."

"Okay."

"I need you to banish Braxton from the territory. Temporarily anyways." she said and by the look on her face I knew she was serious.

"I can't" her eyes scrunched up and she leaned back in her chair.

"Why is that?" she asked

"We have a treaty. If I banish him, I break contract and he than has the right to fight me for my tittle. Although I'm not scared of him and know I could take him but it wouldn't benefit the pack." she sighed and nodded her head.

"I understand." She stood up but I stopped her.

"Why don't you want him here? Is it because the bond between you two is getting stronger?"

But she shook her head.

"No. It is better if he keeps his distance." she said before turning to walk out of the door.

"Wait, you just don't want to sit and talk?"

She looked at me and I was trying to figure out what she was thinking.

"Let me make myself very clear, we are here for one reason and one reason only. To help get rid of the rogues once that is done and over with, we will be on our way."

"You're not staying?"

"No."

Danny and Alex walked in then and they both looked surprised to see us talking.

"Whats going on?"

Ignoring him I looked at Eva.

"Why?" I asked a little hurt that she wouldn't even consider it.

"I do not belong here. My pack needs me."

Alex closed the door and stood in front of it.

"We've had our differences in the past I admit, but we are your pack." I said looking at her.

"No. My pack is outside, setting up their tents and talking about strategies among themselves. This pack was never my pack." She sounded so cold and I just couldn't get my head around why she was acting like this.

"How could you say that?"

"The same way you were willing to ship me off to a different pack, the same way Danny willingly ignored me when Destiny was pregnant and the same way Athena talked down on me when I got rejected. With no heart, no second thought and no sympathy."

My mouth dropped and no one said anything as she walked from my desk to the door.

Alex moved out of her way, and she closed the door behind her.

Maybe.... just maybe we can't fix this.
_______________________________

             Not even therapy could fix this mess guys ..... lol let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15 1 2
Silica is thought to be an average werewolf, daughter of Alpha Rodger and Luna Charlotte of Blue Sun pack. Loved an treated like a princess in her pa...
109K 3.6K 38
Liam McClain was the future alpha to the NightCore pack. Alec Swan was the omega of the NightCore pack. What happens when Liam turns 18 and he finds...
83 5 4
19 year old Amelian silver moon pack and daughter of the mafia king. Even tho Amelia is from the second strongest mafia werewolf pack she's also an...
27 0 2
You always find you fate in the path you choose to take. But sometimes you don't have a choice like silver. She is the white wolf hybrid with plent...