Do it for the memories and fo...

By txnightalive16

New city, new life. Rachel has just moved to Maryland, and to her, its where dreams are made of, as she got h... More

Do it for the memories and for Baltimore
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
authors note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
update time. please read.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: End

Chapter 61

59 5 0
By txnightalive16

A/N: Okay I definitely didn't expect the story to get this long. I promise we're entering the final stretch if anybody is still into the story at this point. I just wanted to make note that I'll be writing as if Don't Panic already had all the extra songs that were released with Don't Panic It's Longer Now, but just as bonus tracks. So all the acoustic songs, Love Like War, etc. were just added as B-side's.

——————————

Rachel's POV

Wednesday April 19 2017

Dont Panic was definitely the album that the guys needed to release after Dirty Work. They weren't thrilled with the songs from the previous album, as well as the fans reactions weren't as exciting, so I'm glad they decided to jump into a brand new record not too long after.

Once Cassadee and I were on board to be involved with the album, the guys booked their time in a studio, not surprisingly to me that they booked their time at the studio I worked at. I cant wait until we could see another All Time Low record hanging on the walls there.

—————

I walked into the building by myself on a Tuesday morning where the guys would eventually meet up with me to continue with their recording today. We had been working for 6 days so far and it was a long and slow process. Myself being a perfectionist, I wanted everything to be right.

"You look very happy today" Emma remarked as I walked in holding my favourite drink from Starbucks in hand, along with a peanut butter cookie from the batch I made yesterday. Bringing an extra cookie for her, I happily handed her one.

"Could you tell?" I joked with her as I stopped off at her desk to chat.

"So, hows it been with the guys? Are you making them sound good?"

"Its a tough job, they sound like shit!" I laughed and fiddled with the chain around my neck.

"Oh thats new!" Emma stood from her chair and held the pendant on the chain, "when did you get this?"

"I havent shown you this?" I asked as she played with the silver starfish in her hand, it had a few small diamonds on the tips of each starfish arm, "Alex got it for me when we were in Hawaii way back in December. I saw it at a gift store on the resort and wanted it so badly." I grinned and looked up at Emma who had a cheeky grin on her face too, "what?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy that things are great with you two. I hated seeing you that time when things weren't that good."

"Yeah, everything is great now. That stuff is buried far in the past" I smiled and thought of how good Alex and I had it. It seemed like ever since that time where things fell apart for us, our relationship got stronger in the end when everything was made up for. I returned from my slight daydream, "Anyways, I have to go set up for them. They'll be here soon, see you later Emma."

"You know I'm expecting an invite to the wedding!" she called out to me as I walked away from her. Laughing, I said "for sure!" before I disappeared into the room we would be working in.

——————

Alex's POV

"So I'll paint you wings....and I'll set you free!...So you could fly awaaaay!" I sang my heart out into the microphone in front of me. Tugging at the ends of my shirt, I held the last note of the song.

Once I was done, I looked over to the other room where my band mates sat along with Rachel who was commanding the sound board. I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction I saw. All the guys were clapping towards me enthusiastically and high fiving each other, saying a few words back and forth which I couldn't hear from the small vocal recording booth. I exited the booth and walked back into their room. The applause was heard as soon as I opened the door to the room, I guess they really liked my voice!

"So, what do you think?" I anticipated their answer, although I had a feeling that it would be good news I would be hearing. I grabbed a bottle of water ensuring that I was keeping myself hydrated.

"That was awesome!" Rian and Rachel said at the same time, pausing to look at each other for a second, then laughing it off.

"Yeah that was perfect dude!" Jack added in.

"Thank you guys. It means a lot"

"Annnd" Rachel said, "that was the last part we needed for Paint You Wings! We finished a song already you guys!"

"Celebratory shot everyone!" Jack stated with happiness clear in his voice.

Once we all had our drink, I was ready more than ever to start on another new song, "so guys, which song next?" I got a few shrugs from the guys, not really responding to my inquiry, so I turned to Rachel, "hun, what do you think we should do next?"

She grabbed the sheet of paper that had the list of songs written on it. Looking over the list for a few seconds she spoke up, "hm, how about If These Sheets Were The States?"

We all seemed to agree with that one, and within a few minutes, Rian was back at his drum kit getting himself set up.

——————

Nearing the end of the day now, we had gotten good drum, guitar, and bass recordings done for If These Sheets Were The States. Rachel suggested I should get some of the vocals done so we could narrow things down.

Zack, Jack, and Rian all decided to leave early since they weren't needed anymore. Rachel and I were entering our 14th hour in the studio so I understood why the others chose to head out. A lot of coffee was consumed to keep us alert and awake.

After singing the song numerous times ensuring that it all sounded good, I was preparing to record the chorus.

"If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away! I'd fold them end over end to bring closer to me! Because I dont sleep at all without you pressed up against me! I'd settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again!" I sang with passion and maintained to stay in tune throughout our first take at the chorus. Once the chorus was done, Rachel stopped the song and told me through my headphones, "nice babe, lets do another one." I was about to give her the go-ahead to start recording again, but what I heard was a small quiver in Rachel's voice. I looked up at the control room and saw her wiping at her eyes, once she noticed me looking though, she plastered a smile on her face and gave me a thumbs up.

"What's wrong love?" I asked in the microphone knowing that she was still able to hear me.

"Do you realize what a beautiful song this is?" she said and wiped at her eyes trying to keep the little bit of tears from falling. A smile breaking out on her face.

"I do"

"Which one of you wrote it? I bet it was Rian who wrote it about Cassadee"

"It was one of the others actually"

"Really? Because Zack and Jack arent dating anyone as of late"

"Yeah, but I am" I let a cheeky grin form on my face.

"You wrote it?"

"I write almost all of the songs, especially ones with meaning like this one." She stared at me for a minute not saying anything, so I continued, "I wrote it about you, ya dummy!"

"How did you write something so beautiful?" she practically whispered as she smiled a little larger.

"I've got good inspiration in my life, and I'm staring at her right now"

Although we were looking at each other, separated by the glass walls of the booths, we managed to have a special moment right then.

"How about we do another take of the chorus, then take a bit of a rest?" I suggested. Rachel nodded and a minute later I was singing the same part into the microphone. The lyrics having extra special meaning this time as I sang it towards my girlfriend and watching her smile at me.

Once I got that second take over with I joined her in the control room where we decided to lie down on the couch for a few minutes, taking a well-needed break after a long day here.

She cuddled up into my side and continued looking at the lyric sheet for the song.

"Still cant believe that I wrote it?" I asked as I ran a hand through her hair.

"I see that its your handwriting, but my mind cant comprehend that you wrote it...about me"

"I've written songs about you before. A daydream away...Painting flowers...Does that ring a bell?" I said jokingly to her.

"I know, but this one seems so special. It's just about wanting to be with the person you love."

"Yeah, I remember I wrote this one when we were touring in Europe last year" I grabbed the sheet of paper slowly from her, "see this line, 'I'd kill for one more way, to tell you how you make me better everyday'? I remember I was feeling super bummed out that day because we were on the road for so long and we couldn't find any cell service to call or text you. So I wrote that line down cause that's all I wanted to tell you at that moment."

"It's perfect Alex. I love you so much." She kissed my lips and stayed snuggled up with me. Her head on my shoulder, arm draped across my chest, and mine holding her by her waist was the perfect way to spend a well needed break. If she loved this song so much, she'll definitely love the others on this album as well.

We stayed put in comfortable silence enjoying our break from recording and it wasn't surprising to me that I soon heard Rachel let out a few tiny snores. She must have been extremely exhausted. I looked down and saw her sleeping peacefully and decided not to bother her.

A couple of minutes later, the room to the studio opened and her friend Emma had popped her head in. "Hey how's everything goin-" she had noticed Rachel sleeping on me and immediately lowered her voice. "Is everything fine in here?"

"Yeah, I think she's just going to rest up for a while and we'll be working the rest of the night. We'll probably be here when you guys open the doors in the morning" I explained. If anything, we could take a nap and we'll record again at 2 in the morning if we were both up for it.

Emma gave me a warm smile, "okay, I'll lock up the front door for you guys. She has a key to lock up if you guys leave. Take good care of her."

"I will, good night Emma."

She slipped out of the room and eventually Rachel and I were the only 2 left in the building. Nothing but the sound of the air conditioning and our breathing was heard in the room.

I smiled in content of how things were going. My band was working hard on our new album and we were working with my favourite girl everyday. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

The long day we just had started to take its toll on me and I felt my eyes getting heavy and mind start drifting. Soon enough, I joined Rachel and had fallen into a peaceful sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509 26 34
When Alex visits a sick patient in the hospital for charity,he comes across a beautiful,shy,quiet girl. She'll try to make a huge mistake. But, when...
6K 107 22
Andrea is now 20. In college and no longer living at home. New opportunities open up for her. What will happen?
1K 47 23
Due to unfortunate circumstances, Reyna Bexton got ripped out of her home in San Fransisco and dropped in Baltimore. Where she, quite literally, ran...
97 27 27
*****this is an older story that I wrote from 2013, pls don't laugh at me**** What will happen when Amber finds love in the place she hates the most...