I Will Survive... with Louis...

By kixrsty

Scarlett ends up in a situation, miles away from home with Louis Tomlinson. However, she doesn't even know wh... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48. THE END.

Chapter 9.

326K 1.8K 304
By kixrsty

Scarlett's POV

I smell fresh coffee, the birds are singing and there is quiet humming in my ear, could this morning get any better? I would have happily stayed in my comfortable position all day until I realised my pillow was breathing. I opened my eyes slightly, only to squeeze them shut again.

"Why is my face in your chest?" I murmured into Harry's bare chest.

"Apparently you wanted to cuddle last night." He chuckled causing a vibration in his chest. I was about to pull back when I noticed something else.

"How the heck did we end up like this?" I asked shocked, as I moved my head away from his chest. It had just occurred to me our legs were wrapped tightly around each other, we couldn't get any closer if we tried.

"You mean you don't remember?" He gasped. I shot him and unimpressed look and wriggled out of his grasp so I was now lying on my side of the bed.

"I was lying right on the edge of the bed, how the heck did I managed to bury my face against your chest?" I asked in disbelief.

"Beats me, I woke up just before you." He sighed leaning back onto the bed, resting his head on his arms. "I'm not complaining though." He winked. I narrowed my eyes at him before proceeding to hit him in the face several times with a pillow.

"Still like me now?" I questioned in between hitting him. He quickly grabbed the pillow out of my hands and sent his stupid smirk in my direction.

"Nice bed hair." He winked.

"What?" I gasped, eyes extremely wide.

"Yep." He replied popping the 'p' before hitting me with the pillow. I reached over him to grab the pillow back, every time I lunged forward he would hold the pillow further out of my reach.

"Harry." I whined getting annoyed. "Give me the damn pillow." I demanded reaching out for it. I was practically lying across his lap at this point.

"Hmm...I don't think I will." He smirked holding it even further out of reach. I reached one last time but failed miserably and landed on his lap, as he sat up against the headboard smirking at me.

"Knock knock knock." Kendall shouted through the door, without actually knocking at all.

"One minute!" I shouted back trying to get off Harry's lap.

"It's fine, come in!" He shouted back.

"Harry." I hissed but the door swung open as he pulled me up, so I was sat in between his legs, his arms wrapped round my waist. I could tell he was smirking and I wasn't even looking at him. I was concentrating on Kendall and the other boys as they all rushed into the room. She was carrying a tray of what appeared to be a spread of breakfast items.

"Did you sleep well?" She winked at me.

"No." I huffed.

"We slept like two babies." Harry beamed.

"Totally." I muttered under my breath.

"Well I bought you two love birds breakfast, just a way to say happy 2 month anniversary." She gleamed.

"Yep, happy 2 month anniversary!" Liam shouted behind her, I sent daggers into his skull which only caused him to laugh, along with the others. Except Louis, he looked like he was sucking on a sour lemon.

"So did you have fun last night?" She leant over and whispered to me. I gave her a confused look until I clicked onto what she meant.

"We went straight to sleep." I stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh." She simply responded.

"Yeah, we're pretty boring." I smiled sweetly, hating her guts at the same time.

"What are you talking about?" Harry announced. I felt his grip tighten around my waist, this was making me feel sick. "We didn't go straight to sleep." I turned around to scowl at him, he only wiggled his eyebrows in response.

"Aww don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Kendall interrupted.

"We didn't do anything." I argued.

"You don't have to deny it, we can pretend we didn't hear anything." Niall joked. I wanted to pull my hair out right now, I can't believe they're all playing along with Harry, why is no-one on my side?

"That's because you didn't." I growled.

"Sure." He smirked before breaking out into some stupid screaming. "Oh Harry...harder, faster!" He shouted, all the boys were laughing now. Even though it wasn't true, I could feel my cheeks turning a very prominent shade of red.

"It's okay, we didn't stick around for the finale." Zayn managed to say before his laughter caught up with him.

"Okay, EVERYONE OUT!" I shouted. They all ignored my clearly annoyed mood and waltzed out, laughter still leaving their lips. As soon as they left I jumped out of bed and slammed the door shut. I turned back around to see Harry still sat in the same position with a stupid grin on his face.

"Next time I should put a sock in your mouth." He smirked before laughing.

"I can't believe you boys." I sighed shaking my head.

"She fell for it though." He grinned.

"That's not the point."

"Aww come here, put Mrs pouty mouth away." He pleaded with puppy eyes and his dragged me back onto the bed.

"How did I get into this mess?" I sighed flopping back onto the bed.

"Don't ask me, ask Mr Tomlinson."

"Sorry for getting you into this, whatever this is." I replied, sitting up facing him.

"It's fine, don't worry. I actually quite enjoy being your fake boyfriend." He grinned.

"You just like annoying me." I smirked.

"That too." He smirked.

"This doesn't leave this house though, I don't want the press or your fans finding out, I'd be ripped apart."

"Don't worry." He smiled, a real, harmless smile for once.

"Thanks Harry." I smiled back.

"No problem."

"I can't believe she made us breakfast." I chuckled changing the subject.

"I know, it's not bad either." He replied, a mouth full of food.

"I can tell." I grinned. "I can't tell whether she's nice or completely evil." I added popping a grape in my mouth.

"Completely evil." He replied chugging down the orange juice. I raised an eyebrow at him pleading for him to go on. "The whole nice act, it's not real."

"She switches between two personalities so fast, it's confusing."

"Yep, but only one is real."

"For once, you said something that is actually intellectual." I gasped.

"Hey." He raised his voice throwing a grape at me.

"Harry stop it!" I laughed as he continued to give me a grape shower.

"Say I'm the best fake boyfriend ever." He shouted.

"Um...no?" I answered sarcastically avoiding his grapes. "Now what?" I smirked after he ran out of grapes. He looked down at the tray in front of him and smirked at me. "Don't even think about pelting me with toast."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He mocked.

"I wouldn't put anything past you." I grinned.

"I'm gonna be nice to you, just this one." He laughed. "And because I actually want something for breakfast." He finished before taking a bite out of the toast she had laid out. "So what's going on between you and Louis?"

"Nothing." I muttered staring out the window.

"If it's nothing, then why am I pretending to be your boyfriend?" He had a point, why was he?

"I don't know." I whispered looking down at my hands.

"You can tell me anything, I won't tell anyone." He offered reassuringly. I turned around to look at him, he was being so sincere that it surprised. "I promise." He smiled. I sighed before beginning to talk. His hand found its way to my back and patted circles calming me down.

"It's just..." I stumbled on my words, not knowing what to say. "When you get stuck on a desert island for a week without anyone else to talk to-"

"You become attached to them?" He asked not letting me finish.

"Yeah." I sighed, I had never told anyone this, not even Taylor. "He promised he wouldn't leave me and we'd stay in contact, but if it wasn't for the fact I bumped into him at the diner, he wouldn't even have acknowledged my existence again."

"You know that's not true." He stated. "I know that's not true." He sighed as I turned to look at him. "He never stopped talking about you for the first month, he was determined to find you." He admitted. "But as time passed-"

"He moved on." I cut him off, I didn't need to hear it.

"Yeah." He exhaled.

"I had such a good day yesterday, he made me forget about everything, it just felt right." I admitted.

"Maybe it is right."

"But it's not, he's got Kendall, he doesn't see me like that."

"He doesn't love her."

"Doesn't mean he wants me though."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

"Harry please don't say things like that to make me feel better, I'd rather not get strung along."

"Scar-"

"Thanks Harry, I have to go to talk Niall anyway now." I cut him off and quickly left the room. I heard him mutter something back but I didn't want to be pulled along on a river full of lies just to make me feel better. Louis has Kendall and I have a fake relationship with Harry, life couldn't get any better, I thought sarcastically.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked as I tapped Niall on the shoulder, he was staring intensely at the TV that at first he didn't notice my presence.

"Sure." He smiled up at me. I avoided his gaze though, I don't care what Louis said it's harder than you think looking at him without seeing my sister. He stood up and led me out to the balcony so we could have some privacy, he could sense I didn't want anyone else to hear it. I took a seat on the outside furniture, facing him. "What's up?" He asked happily. I made myself look at him, I ignored the obvious lump in my throat and answered him.

"I probably freaked you out yesterday didn't I?" I asked, although I already knew the response.

"Umm-"

"It's fine Niall, I know I did." I smiled at him, he still looked confused. "Sorry about that." I mumbled.

"It's okay." He replied calmly.

"I wasn't undressing you with my eyes or anything like that." I chuckled softly.

"That's sort of a relief." He half smiled.

"I'm assuming you know I was stranded with Louis right?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Of course, I know a lot about you." He winked.

"Well I lost my family on that flight." I replied, my voice beginning to shake but I refused to let it become.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine Niall, honestly." I smiled weakly at him. "My sister was sat with me, her eyes were the last things I saw before the plane crashed."

"Oh." I could still he was confused.

"Her eyes were a very clear, crystal blue colour." I replied, this time I smiled properly remembering her precious eyes. "They looked exactly like yours."

"Oh." He said, this time sounding like he understood me.

"Yeah, so when I first saw your eyes it felt like I was looking at her again. It made me feel guilty, I was supposed to be there to protect her, but I guess I failed."

"It's not your fault." He reassured, he was right I couldn't have stopped the crash but I could have protected my sister somehow.

"When I looked into your eyes yesterday all I saw was her, and our happy memories, I was in a complete trance, I didn't notice anything around me happening. It was really weird."

"That makes complete sense now. I'm really sorry about your sister."

"You know if she could see me now she would be squealing to her hearts content." I lightly chuckled, he looked confused again. "She wanted to marry you." I grinned. I saw the prominent smile rise against his face.

"It's a shame I didn't get to meet her."

"Thanks for understanding." I replied standing up.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled before wrapping his arms around me. Louis was right about one thing, these boys knew what friendship was. After we let each other go we walked back inside, Niall repositioned himself on the sofa, next to the now dressed Harry. I walked straight past them to Harry's bedroom and dressed myself in yesterday's clothes. I grabbed my phone before leaving the room.

"Thanks for letting me stay." I chorused, not really aiming it anyone.

"Are you going?" Louis asked walking out of the kitchen.

"Yeah, I think I've out stayed my welcome."

"Don't be silly." He smiled.

"I need a shower and everything anyway, I have work in a couple hours." I gingerly smiled back.

"Oh, okay."

"Thanks again." I mumbled before walking out. I heard the door close behind me and I could finally breathe a sigh of relief. Scarlett what have you gotten yourself into? I thought to myself. 

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"Well good morning to you too." I muttered sarcastically back at Taylor.

"I thought you'd been kidnapped." She shouted in my face.

"Well I wasn't." I smiled, clearly annoying her. She huffed and stormed off, which to be honest didn't bother me. After what Louis said about her, I was starting to rethink my friendship with her. I walked to my room and collapsed onto the bed, feeling very tempted to scream into the pillow. I rolled over and stared directly at the ceiling, what am I doing with my life?

"I'm going to work, notice how I'm telling you where I'm going." Taylor spoke sarcastically as she peered round the door.

"Later." I muttered not really caring. After I heard the front door slam I hopped up out of my relaxed position and 'hit the shower' as Jack from All Time Low would say.

I rested my head against the wall whilst the steaming hot water ran over my body. I had been contemplating getting out for the past ten minutes, but I knew cold air was waiting for me on the other side which only caused me to stay put. After mentally arguing with myself for another couple of minutes I reluctantly climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my trembling body. I slid into my room, literally sliding along the floorboards with my wet feet. I placed my iPod on its dock and proceeded to blast Foo Fighters at maximum volume for the whole neighbourhood to hear. I slung on my work uniform, no matter how many times I wore it, it made me cringe ever so slightly more. I rung out my hair before tackling it with a comb, and burning it to death with the blow dryer. Once I was half satisfied with the lion's mane on top of my head I got to work applying my wallpaper. And by wallpaper I mean a light dusting of foundation, eyeliner and the compulsory bright red lipstick.

"Hello and welcome to Best Intentions Diner, what can I get for you?" I mocked in a stupid voice, it was a line I knew off by heart, I had to recite it every time I served a customer. I felt stupid for saying it, I had to appear happy when clearly all the customers could tell it was just a plastered on smile and a fake upbeat voice.

"Good couple of days off?" Dan asked as I pulled on my skates.

"Um...entertaining to say the least." I responded.

"How so?"

"Eh, made some new friends." I vaguely answered. I sauntered out the room and skated to the front of the diner, ready to clear away tables, as per usual.

"Scarlett!" Dan shouted at me as he emerged from the staffroom.

"Yeah?" I asked as I skated around some little kid who was fascinated with my laces.

"Table duty!" He called out.

"What?" I asked coming to a halt.

"We got a new intern clearing tables." He grinned.

"Am I getting promoted?" I gasped almost giddy.

"Let's just see how it goes." He winked. I mouthed a thank you back before attempting to skate off again. Although some little brat thought it would be funny to tie my laces together, I ended up on the floor, face first. I groaned before I sat up, mumbling curse words under my breath out of annoyance. I watched the little kid giggle as his mum pulled him onto her lap, evil child. I narrowed my eyes at him, hoping to scare him but it only caused him to laugh. I turned my head away from him as I noticed his mum staring me down, I'm not the problem, you have a devil child sat on your lap, I mentally thought.

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice asked from the other side of me. I snapped my head round to the left to see who was talking to me.

"Harry?" I asked confused but took his extended hand. "What are you doing here?" I quizzed. Since I was wearing my skates I was just as tall as he was and was able to look into his green eyes, they were a unique colour, but I bet they didn't change like Louis'.

"Couldn't stay away from my girlfriend too long." He winked. I nudged him with my elbow rolling my eyes at him. "Niall was hungry." He concluded looking to his right. My gaze followed his, my eyes landed on the rest of his band members sat at a table, looking ever so hungry. Well Niall did. I chuckled slightly as I could hear Niall complaining about his empty stomach from here. Harry began to wander over, I quickly glided past him and waited at their table.

"Hello and welcome to Best Intentions Diner, what can I get for you?" I asked, a stupid fake grin on my face, Louis only laughed at me.

"Laugh at me again and I'll spit in your food." I smirked.

"I'd still eat it." Niall replied.

"You know you grow like 3 inches when you put them on." Harry spoke as he slid into the booth.

"Thank you Harry, I hadn't noticed." I replied sarcastically.

I glided across the diner, still giving evils to the five year old boy as I passed him. I stopped at the boys table, all their meals on a tray in one hand, a skill I had learnt over the past year.

"Pancakes and banana for Zayn." I spoke placing the plate in front of him. "Waffles and syrup for Liam. Full English for Harry, Nutella pancakes for Louis and none for Niall Horan, bye." I joked, the look on Niall's face was priceless, it took all my inner strength not to burst out laughing. The boys were all laughing, but I remained as professional as I could be. "Aww I'm sorry, I'm only kidding." I chuckled ruffling his head with my free hand. "Here's your extra special breakfast just how you ordered and with extra barbeque sauce with your baked beans." I beamed placing it in front of him, he was already eating it before I placed it on the table.

"Thank you." They all replied, mouths full of food, delightful I thought.

"If you need anything, call me over." I replied skating off. I skated up to the counter to process orders I had taken over the course of the morning.

"Scarlett?" Cass, another worker asked me.

"Hmm?" I responded looking up at her.

"You do realise who you just served right?" She asked, her jaw hanging half open. My eyes followed hers back to the boys.

"Hmm, oh yeah." I smiled.

"Oh my god." She squealed, well I didn't need to guess whether she was a fan or not. "Could you get their autographs for me?" She pleaded getting down on her knees behind the counter. My eyes widened at her strange action. I quickly pulled her up and sent her a confused look.

"Why don't you go ask them yourself, they don't bite."

"I'm too shy, plus I can't leave my station."

"Not even for a minute?"

"Dan will kill me." She sighed.

"Fine, but you owe me." I gave in and skated back over their table but I stopped abruptly and skated back towards Cass. "What do you want me to get them to sign?"

"I have nothing on me." She replied checking her pockets. "This." She grinned, I raised my eyebrows up at her.

"A napkin?"

"It's all I got."

"Fine." I sighed before skating over to them this time. "I see you enjoyed that Niall." I smirked at him, he had practically licked the plate clean whilst the others were still eating.

"I can't believe I've never been here, so good." He moaned as his tongue came in contact with the plate.

"Can't take you anywhere can we?" Liam sighed wiping Niall's face with a napkin. They could be father and son, except for the fact they were pretty much the same age. I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight in front of me.

"Nice. Anyway, could you guys sign this for me?" I asked waving a napkin in front of their faces. They responded with confused looks, except Niall who was busying eyeing everyone else's food. "It's not mine." I stated.

"Ohhhh." Louis responded smiling.

"Yeah it's for Cass over there, she can't leave her station." I concluded pointing over to her whilst the boys looked at her and waved, I could have sworn she was going to pass out but she managed to stay on her feet. I turned back around and threw the napkin in Louis' face.

"Heey!" He whined.

"Get signing." I smirked. I noticed Harry flashing me a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows at me and then looking at Louis. He knew how I felt about Louis, and he was making it remarkably obvious. I skated round to his side of the table and whacked him around the head.

"Oww!"

"Sorry, thought I saw a fly." I smirked at him.

"Here you go, one napkin signed by One Direction."

"Thank you!" Cass squealed in my ear.

"Niall even left you a little present."

"What?" She gasped unfolding the napkin in anticipation. She looked confused as heck when she spread it out, she almost looked disgusted.

"He thought he'd sign it with his mouth rather than a pen." I joked, he'd actually wiped his mouth on it not realising what it was. I was expecting her to complain and make me go back over and demand another one, but she didn't.

"Oh my god, I have Niall Horan's mouth germs!" She cried.

"And that's a good thing?" I asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yes, thank you so much!" She squealed and wrapped her arms tightly around my waist.

"It's fine, really." I managed to choke out, she had managed to draw all the air out of me. "Okay, you can let go off me now." I spoke trying to pry her off me.

"I'm just so happy." She beamed bouncing up and down.

"You just got a dirty napkin." I joked.

"A One Direction infected dirty napkin." She winked.

"Wow, make sure your friends don't get jealous." I grinned at her. She shook her head at me, her prominent grin still there. "Oh my god." She breathed deeply.

"What?" I asked assessing her, making sure she wasn't going to faint.

"They're coming over." She gasped, her arm extended pointing in front of her. I spun around and was greeted by five smiling faces.

"Thanks Scar, see you around." Zayn smiled as he waved before walking off.

"Bye." I responded waving at him too.

"Bye babe." Harry smirked placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye Harry." I replied rolling my eyes at him and pushing him away, he was doing this to wind me up now.

"Try not to miss me too much!" He called out.

"Oh don't worry about that!" I smirked. He followed the rest of the boys but Louis hung around last. "You not going with them?" I asked writing down orders.

"Yeah, I told them I'll be out in a sec." He informed me.

"Okay..." I trailed off, wondering why he was still stood there.

"Um, what are you up to later?" He asked nervously.

"Death match on CoD, why?" I replied absentmindedly.

"Great, seeing as you're not doing anything I'm taking you out to dinner." He grinned.

"What?" I asked skating after to him as he walked towards the door.

"Be ready at 7!" He called out before leaving completely. He didn't even give me a chance to protest, so it was settled, I was going out to dinner with Louis Tomlinson, as friends though.

"Did Louis Tomlinson just ask you out?" Cass gasped as she appeared next to me.

"No." I sighed skating off.

"But-"

"He was just asking for directions." I responded.

"Oh." She mumbled going to back to the cashier. I could see she looked disappointed at my short snappy responses but I didn't want questions being asked, my life was complicated enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13M 346K 40
My thoughts you can't decode.. Sequel : Escape Route.
166K 4.3K 40
!!MATURE CONTENT!! lower case intended there will be trigger above chapters, don't want to spoil anything! you have been warned !! book cover on p...
341 8 11
Louis and Harry were once really happy. They welcomed new people with open arms and they were really the type of friend that you would want to have a...
2.1M 44.5K 26
Scarlett is abused. Abused by the only person she has left. She turns to music to help her enjoy life. But when her father disapproves of her passion...