Carmen the Demon Hunter

By ididitallforyoudean

More

summary
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
Author's note

Chapter 6

13 1 0
By ididitallforyoudean

I know there may be some grammar and spelling mistakes but once I have finished the story I'll go back and edit it all. I just really want to get this story done and once I have succeed with that then I'll go back and fix everything. So until then please hang with me and if you have a hard time making sense of what I am saying please a comment and I'll clear it up for you. Thanks for reading. 

I stormed out of the lunchroom with everyone watching me. The past two weeks have been driving me crazy and Zach's bull shit sent me over the edge. Nicole and Kait were smart enough to stay out of this but that didn't mean they saw this coming. I left my food behind and came so close to throwing my mash potatoes into Zach's face.  

I slammed my locker after I threw my books in and started to slid down the lockers until I was sitting on the floor looking at the wall across from me. If I had to be truthful and explain why I'm so pissed and depressed today it would be because it was the seven year anniversary of my parents' death and their killer is still out there somewhere. Then there was Adam. I don't let myself think about him, not when I feel responsible for his death.

It was late one winter and I was 5 years old and Adam was almost 22, he's birthday was coming up in a few days and he and his girlfriend were going to go camping for the week. He was going to ask her to marry him and I was the only one who knew. He took me out ice skating before he had to pack and we were having a great time. Even though he had warned me about weak spots I didn't listen and ended up falling in.  If I had listened or not freaked out so much he wouldn't have fallen threw too trying to help me.

Every since that winter I had stayed away from frozen pounds and haven't ice skated. The last time I saw his girlfriend was when I ran into her one day at his grave. The tears in her eyes remind me just how much I had messed up. I caused the life of my loving brother and I still haven't found the killers who took the rest of my family from me.  

A door down the hall closing snapped me out of my memories and I looked up to see Jason walking in my direction. When he sat beside me without saying anything I was shocked. I just stared at him and said nothing as he pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on his knees. After I stared at him some more he looked over at me and tried to hide a laugh. Snapping out of my daze, I looked away and made the mistake of thinking about Adam. 

Without thinking, or caring, I let my head fall onto Jason's shoulder and started to cry. He let go of his knees and wrapped an arm around my shoulders and held me as I cried and made a fool of myself. "It's going to be okay," were the first words I have ever heard him say and somehow it felt like I have heard him talk a thousands times before.  I started to felt calm and the tears stopped flowing and began to feel tired. 

"Sorry," I said pulling away and grabbing my book bag. As I stood up to walk off Jason reached out and grabbed my hand. I looked down at him as his blue eyes and saw something that I couldn't read but whatever it was it was gone as soon as the bell ringed. He let go as he stood up and said, "Don't be sorry for crying, it's a step closer to healing." Then he was walking off to his next class. 

~~~~~~later that night~~~~~~~

This was the first time I have ever had to be careful getting out of the house. Ever since the accident at the store, Serenity had been trying to keep in the house a lot more and I had to practice my fighting in my room. I now have two big holes in my wall and a busted kicking bag with some knife holes in the one still hanging up in my room. 

My knife was going in and out in between my fingers as I walked around the empty playground in town. A couple of high school boys were drinking and smoking as I walked by and started to whistle at me. I rolled my eyes and kept on walking, if they thought about coming after me they will wish they hadn't. 

My thoughts went back to what happened at school. Jason had never spoken to me, or anyone that I know of. He doesn't even talk to the teachers! Yet when he spoke to me for the first time it felt like he has always talked to me. All the boy has ever done to me is watch me, he has never come up to me before. He has never sat by me in class or even nod his head in hello. Yet, today he walked straight up to me and sat beside me. Then when I started to cry on his shoulder he wrapped his arm around me.

A stick snapped near by and I stopped in my tracks and listened. There were at least four demons near by and the sounds of the drunk high schoolers was calling their attention. Another stick snapped and I pin pointed the sound to my left. Pulling my knife back, I threw it into the darkness and heard it hit something hard right before I heard a loud yell.  There was more yelling as three demons jumped out. Two of them were big built men who could have been body guards at a night club and the third one was a skinny guy but those are the ones you have to be careful about. 

One of the big guys who had no hair came running at me but I dodged his fist just in time as I kicked his legs out from underneath him. He fell onto his back as I pulled out a knife from my back pocket and stabbed him in the middle of his stomach. Reddish black smoke flew out of his stab and disappeared into the ground underneath us. While my back was to the other two demons the skinny guy jumped on me and grabbed me  around my waist as I kicked my feet out and hit the other big built guy square in the chest.  

I threw my head back and hit my holder in the head but he his only tighten instead of letting go. "Bitch!" he yelled as he pulled a knife out on me. The other guy was back on his feet and was coming at me with anger in his black eyes. He tried to throw a punch but I ducked and he hit the guy behind me instead. The skinny guy holding me threw me to the ground and I started to roll. Big Guy turned to me but I had pulled out a gun from a hidden pocket in my jacket and shot him in the forehead. He dropped to the ground like a bag of rocks as the skinny guy started to back up.

"Yeah, now that you are the only one left you are powerless," I said trying to sound tough as I got up.  I brushed some dirt off the palm of my hands as he ran off and bend over to catch my breath. When I stood up I pushed my hair out of my eyes and started to pull it into a ponytail. I am getting this cut this weekend. Long hair was a pain in the ass when you have to fight. 

I let out a heavy sigh and turned around to head back home when I saw a guy standing under a light post with a girl under his arm.  Without thinking I pulled out another knife and the girl just started to laugh as the guy stared at me with wide eyes.  He had light brown hair that came down to his shoulders and was pushed back off of his face. He had a small mouth and eyes but couldn't see what color they were from here. There was something about him that felt familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

 "Done this before?" the guy asked motioning to the two dead bodies around me as the girl next to him stopped laughing. "Looks like the work of a pro, minus the part about letting the skinny one go."

"Well, I would have him if you hadn't scared him off. Thanks to you there is one more of your kind out there," I said still holding my knife by my side. The girl looked up at the guy and he shot her a look that said "Don't even think about it." The girl was shorter than him, maybe about 5'1 or 5'2 and had long brown hair down to the middle of her back. She had a black leather jacket zipped up to her chin even though it wasn't that cold out. She also looked really pale. 

"Sorry about that, it just happened that I know where he is staying so after this I'll just make a visit to him. What's your name anyway?" he said rubbing his hand up and down the girl's arm. 

"Don't you all know who I am?" I asked surprised. 

"I'm not from around here,  could say we are new to this area," he smiled. "This is Sarah and I'm Ad," he said holding out his hand. I looked between him and Sarah and back at him. I just couldn't shake off the feeling that I knew him from somewhere. I sighed and put my knife up. I took his hand.

"Carmen, but this doesn't  mean I trust you." I said stepping back, putting distance between us. He smiled before he started to laugh.

"Well Carmen, I'll see you around then." He started to turn around with Sarah still pulled to his side but he stopped when Sarah pulled away and turned back to me. 

"Tell him I say hey, that things are going to get better," she said before she started to cough and Ad helped her walk away after he apologized. I watched as they walked off and was just as confused as I was when my day all started. 

When I finally made it home no one was up and I headed straight to my room. There was something about Ad and Sarah that just wouldn't leave me alone, but it was mostly Ad. I couldn't get over how he looked so familiar that I could almost put my finger on it but right before I can name where I know him from the thought is gone. 

A sound from outside caught my attention and made me jump. How much more can I take tonight? I sighed and grabbed my shot gun off my wall and headed back upstairs. Serenity and Lacy were still in bed and had slept through the sound outside. I checked all the windows to make sure they were all locked before I headed outside to check around the trailer. 

I couldn't find anything wrong outside, my truck and the car Serenity and Lacy share was fine. There was no damage to the house or anything around us. After looking around for ten minutes I was about to give up when I heard leaves being stepped on. I turned to my right and lifted my shot gun. 

Standing face to face with me outside of my house was Jason. I didn't put the gun down, even though I should. I can't have him talking at school about me having a shot gun at my place. Then again I know he won't say anything since the first time he talked was to me earlier today. Looking around I saw that it was just us two and I lowered my gun.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Watching," he said softly. He stood there and didn't move or say anything else. 

"It's not safe standing around here so late. And it's not a good idea to be watching my place, my moms won't handle it as well as I did just now," I said. I looked back to my house and then over to Jason. He continued to stand there with his arms at his side not saying anything. "What do you want and what are you really doing here?"

He looked away and then back to me before answering. "You won't like the answer," he said looking me in the eyes. "I didn't come to cause trouble. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Do you have any idea how creepy that sounds?" I asked trying not laugh. He tried to hold back his smile but it broke through. Oh. My. God. Right then and there I couldn't help but fall in love with that face. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

He started to rub the back of his neck as he answered, "I saw you talking to him and her. I got worried." Wait, he saw me talking to Ad and Sarah? I started to back up and picked up my gun again. "I told you you wouldn't like my answer." He started to back up and wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"You're right. I don't like your answer. But you know why? You know why I don't like that answer?" I said getting mad. He didn't answered so I told him anyway. "I don't like it because the last person to watch my family killed them. How am I supposed to trust you!? You have never talked to me before until today and all you do is watch me at school. Now you are following me around? How am I supposed to trust you?" I snapped again.

"You shouldn't but I did save you," he said looking up slowly after a short period of silence. "There are reasons why you shouldn't trust me but you and I know that somewhere deep inside you want to trust me."

"Go, just go before I shot you and you know I will. If you have been following me and saw me earlier than you saw me kill those guys. Go before it's too late," I said trying not to cry. When he didn't move to leave I shot a warning in the air making him jump. "I said go," I repeated and this time he listened. Three minutes later Serenity and Lacy came running out and found me standing in the yard by myself crying. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 1.8K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
5.1K 91 11
Yn Swan and her adventure with her mates, the Salvatores, Mikaelsons and the Gerald Tvd x tw x hp Crossover I dont have any rights on the vampire di...
72.4K 1.7K 103
Author: Aboriginal House/土著宅 Category: Danmei Fiction The end of the world is not rebirth. Shou carries the space with him. He is possessive and evil...
1.1M 60.2K 30
Cyrus was having a perfectly great day up until he met the literal antichrist himself. With his entire world thrown on its head, Cyrus was left to wo...