chapter 7

I was trying to find Sarah a late night snack, trying to get her health back when we came across her. It's her, Sarah thought as we stood under the streetlight. When she turned around and saw us I couldn't hide the surprise in my eyes. Sarah started to laugh but I couldn't move or say a word. Her hair was much longer now and she had grown up so much since she was five. I couldn't believe that after 10 years of looking for her that I had finally found her once I had stopped looking. 

I looked around at the dead bodies and made a note to which direction the skinny demon had gone in. My sweet innocent little sister did this, she killed three demons and would have killed a fourth if I hadn't shown up.  "Done this before?" I asked motioning to the two bodies even though I knew the answer. At this question Sarah stopped laughing. "Looks like the work of a pro, minus the part about letting the skinny one go."

"Well, I would have him if you hadn't scared him off. Thanks to you there is one more of your kind out there," she said with a knife by her side. So she knew I was a demon. Can she tell that Sarah is a vampire? If she can she doesn't do anything about it so I would say no. She knows what you are, just tell her who you are,  Sarah said looking up at me. I shot her a look that said no way and she looked back to the hunter in front of us. 

"Sorry about that, it just happened that I know where he is staying so after this I'll just make a visit to him. What's your name anyway?" I asked just to make sure if this was really my little sister who was killing demons. Sarah started to shiver and I tried to warm her up by running my hand up and down her arms.  she shouldn't even be out here but she wouldn't take a no for an answer. Now that I think about it, I think she knew this would happened. 

"Don't you all know who I am?" she asked surprised. Of course I do, I'm just hoping I'm wrong, I thought. 

"I'm not from around here, could say we are new to this area," I answered. "This is Sarah and I'm Ad," I held out my hand. I couldn't have her know who I am until I'm sure she won't kill me or until I was sure it was really her. She looked between me and Sarah and then back at me. I wanted to know what she was thinking but it sucked that only Sarah and her kind could have powers while us demons really don't. She let out a heavy breath of air and put her knife away and took my hand.

"Carmen, but this doesn't  mean I trust you." she finally said and my worse nightmare came true. All at once I was happy and sad. She survived the demon attack that took our parents but she was now a hunter of my kind. If she ever found out about the true me she won't welcome me back with welcoming arms.

"Well Carmen, I'll see you around then," I started to turn around with Sarah by me before I let my feelings show on my face but Sarah made me stop. She had pulled away and had turned to look at Carmen.

"Tell him I say hey, that things are going to get better," she said before she started to cough. I rushed over and wrapped my arms around her and waited until the coughing stopped. I apologized as I started to walk her away and could feel Carmen's eyes on us as we left. We made it to the end of the street before Sarah started to cough up blood again. Shit.

"Come on, I saw some humans earlier," I said helping her sit on a bench. Once I had her seated on a bench and she had enough strength to put a field around her so that one would see her, I headed to the high school boys. They were so drunk that the fighting down the road hadn't even scared them off. One of the guys saw me and hit the guy by him in the arm before pointing at me. 

"What do you want? We weren't doing anything wrong," the guy who saw me first said slurring his words. I'm so sorry Sarah but he's blood will have to do. I didn't say anything but crossed my arms and looked at all the other guys smoking and during drugs.