Chapter 4

"Pick up some milk on your way home," Serenity said when I answered my phone as I pulled out of the parking lot. "Also get some eggs and olive oil, I'll pay you back when you get home."

"Okay, what are we having?"  I asked. If she's cooking then that means that Lacy and her had made up while I was off at school. Up head I saw a cop car and I dropped my phone into my lap and didn't pick it back up until the cop was long gone. "Sorry, repeat that. Saw a cop," I explained. 

"A surprise," she laughed. "Drive safe and did you find anything out about that name?"

"Uhm yeah,  it didn't look good and would rather talk about it when I'm not behind a wheel."

"That bad? Shit, what happened?"

"Bad enough that I don't want to talk about it right now," I said pulling into the parking lot at the store. "Got to go. See you at home, love ya."

"Love ya, too." Serenity said hanging up. I locked my phone and grabbed my wallet out of my bag and stuffed it into my jacket pocket.  After I locked my doors I started to walk up to the store when I felt someone watching me. I stopped and looked around but the only people I saw were these two big guys walking in the other direction.  I picked up my speed and had a knife in my hands that I had hidden in my jacket as I walked up to the doors. 

Suddenly just right when I thought I was safe I felt arms come around me and made me drop the knife. I was pulled off to the side of the building and was being held up against the wall by my throat. The guy holding me against the wall was one of the big guys and the other guy who was with him before came around the corner with my knife in his hands. Shit, I'm dead. 

I couldn't block the punch that came from the bold headed guy who held me and I tasted blood in my mouth. I spit it in the guy's face and that just pissed him off even more. Another fist hit me in the face and I was beginning to have a hard time seeing. Everything was blurry and everything sounded far off. 

"Not so strong without your knife are you, bitch?" the guy holding my knife said stepping closer with the knife raised. My eyes widen and that made both guys to smile like they just won the jack pot.

I was starting to have a hard time breaking and soon everything was mixing together from the lack of oxygen and from the tears in my eyes. Of all ways to die, a hunter to die from being choked to death should be a dream death. It's as normal as cancer or being mugged and left to die after getting your ass kicked. 

Right as the knife guy was about to move in farther to stab me, he went flying and the bold guy turned to see who had sent his partner flying. He didn't let me go but used his other hand to take a hit at my rescue. Just like before when this all started, I was dropped suddenly and hit my head on the side of a dumpster. 

I saw the feet of my rescuer but couldn't look up fast enough before I passed out.

~~ Rescuer's point of view~~

You can call me a stalker and I wouldn't care. I may be one but if I hadn't been following her then she would have died while picking up milk, eggs, and olive oil. She would have died getting her moms food. It was a good think I was stalking her you should say but you are probably still thinking how creepy it is that I am watching her every move.  To be honest, she needs protecting. It doesn't matter what she can do to demons but these guys aren't demons. These are some sick bastards who were going to kill her and then have their way with her once she was gone.  They were sick human bastards and they needed to be taken out.

The leader of the two dropped Carmen and she hit her head on her way down and was out cold. Seeing her laying there helpless pissed me off and made me even angrier and I threw a roundhouse kick to the guy's chest.  He went flying back and landed on top of the other guy. The guy I had kicked reached for the knife they took from Carmen after they had dragged her away and he turned on me with the knife.

"Like that is going to help you at all," I said with a humorless laugh. "You really think I'm scared of you with a knife?" He came at me and I grabbed the arm that held the knife and pulled it back until he dropped the knife and yelled out in pain. I then kneed him in the back and watched as he arched his back in pain and landed on his knees.

Something silver in the back of his pants caught my attention and I reached out for the gun he was stupid enough to forget about.  He must have felt me grab it because he shot up and tried to make a run for it before I shot him in the back. He fell to his knees and tried to pull himself away. I shot him in the head this time and he fell lifeless to the ground in his puddle of blood. The other guy had broken his neck when I sent him flying so that was less blood on my hands. 

I rushed over to Carmen and left her head. She mumbled something but her eyes stayed shut, the way they need to be right now.  I didn't want her to see my face this close but first thing first was that I needed to get her home. I left the gun laying by the dead guy's body and picked Carmen up into my arms and carried her to her truck. I would have to come back for my car later, Carmen was more important right now. We need more people like her.

Carmen's head was in my lap as I drove her home and I had the hardest time ever not to run my hand through her hair. Ever since I saw her I have always wanted to touch her hair and that one night it took everything in me to not touch her.  I pulled up to her trailer home and turned it off.  I sat there for at least five minutes before I gave in and touched her hair. I ran my fingers from the top to the bottom of her hair. She moved just a little but her eyes never opened. 

I turned the truck back on long enough to put her window down. Once I was out I sat Carmen up in her seat and buckled her in. I closed the door and reached through the open window fast enough to blow the horn and then ran as hell. By the time I got to the edge of the woods one of her moms was standing at the front door and saw Carmen in the front set with her eyes closed.

"Carmen," she yelled running to the truck and opened the door. "What happened?" the lady with short brown hair asked as she helped Carmen out of her car.  "You look like shit!"

"Thanks," she said loud enough for me to hear from the distance away I was. "How did I get here?" she said rubbing her head and looking around. 

"You didn't blow your horn?" the lady asked looking around.

"No, I don't even know how I got home. Can we just get inside? I need to lay down," she said in pain. I had to turn my back and put it against a try near by to keep myself from running inside with them with her other arm round my neck. She can't know I helped her, I shouldn't even had helped her. She's not safe now, not like she was before.  I looked down to see her knife in my pocket and couldn't help it when I grab it and threw it over 50 ft and watched as it went flying into the side of the trailer house door.  The lady jumped but Carmen reached out and took it out.

She turned to look in my direction but I couldn't tell if she could see me. I so hope she can't.  I just threw my cover away and now she knew who saved her.  I waited for her eyes to land on me but she went right over me and continued to look all around as one of her moms helped her inside in a rush. 

I turned my back back to her house and took in a deep breath when the smell hit me hard. A vampire!