Grand Academy- The Grand War

By ThePageSanctuary

Children's hopes and dreams are simply amazing. The amount of imagination in their dreams have somehow create... More

New Light at the Academy
Revealed Truth
Grand Festival
Breaking Light
Light's Hidden Power
Life's Beautiful Garden
Heaven's Voice
Strumming the Spiritual Blade
Frozen Ripple
Shadow Death
Lost Memory
Twilight Reawakened
The Gentle Wind brings back the Darkness
Maiden of the Mineral Wings
The Wave That Leads Us To New Friends
Wings of the Scorching Earth
Witch's Castle
Transcendent
Paris's Heroine
Broken Ash
Frozen Light
Grand Omni of Grandia
The Trap of the Maiden
Healing Wind
The Complete Squad
The Reverse Lords
Thorns of the Glacier
Hellish Flames of the Circus Dragon
Ritual of the Black Bolt
Mystic Scythe of Harmony
Wind of Time
The Grand War
Grand Liberation
Grand Adventure

City of Machines and Lies

18 2 0
By ThePageSanctuary

After defeating Ash with her newfound powers, Liana meets a boy named Levi who is searching for the City of Machines, Machinia however from what Levi said, Machinia's castle structure can only hold the weight of two people and no more. 

Paris, France

"So you're leaving with urm... Levi to find the City of Machines?" Stephanie asked with her hands crossed.

 "Don't worry guys, I'll be back in a few days and besides I'm not alone," Liana said before opening a rift and disappearing along with Levi.

"I still don't trust that Levi," Veronica said when suddenly Zena and Edward came in.

 "Intruders! The Balance of the Dual Blades!" Kagawa charged immediately when Zena and Edward came in before a young girl appeared in front of Kagawa. 

"Eternal Protection!" The young girl created a magic circle, blocking Kagawa's attack. 

"These are Lady Liana's friends, Zena Fleur and Edward Castillan," the young lady said.

 "You are?" Stephanie asked sarcastically. 

"Lady Liana's housekeeper, Diana," Diana said while leading everyone back into the house. 

"Didn't know Liana has a housekeeper," Jessica said while following Diana into the house.

"Lady Liana's parents assigned me to take care of Lady Liana's Villa whenever she is away," Diana explained her purpose while serving sunflower tea and some cookies.

 "I see, by the way, where is Liana?" Zena asked while she looked around.

 "She's on a trip with someone looking for some lost city," Stephen explained while munching on some cookies.

"She didn't bring any of you?" Edward asked curiously.

 "Nope, that somebody told her the place they were exploring can't withstand the weight of us all so she decided to go along with him," Jessica said while styling her hair.

"Him!? Who is that guy? She trusts him?" Zena asked after what Jessica said. 

"Unfortunate, she trusts him a lot," Raphael said.

 Everyone was worried about Liana being with Levi.

City of Machines, Machinia

"Machinia is really a big place," Liana said as she walks through the village with Levi before reaching the Steel Castle. 

"What I'm looking is the orb of the Steel Castle. That orb is not supposed to be there and if we can remove it, we can stop the Steel Castle's malfunctions," Levi explained followed by a rumbling sound, coming from the Steel Castle. 

"I see, that's why the castle is making that sound," Liana said as she looked up towards the Steel Castle.

 "Come on, let's go," Levi said as he conjured a flight of stairs using the scrap metals around them.

 "Woah, how did you do it?" Liana asked amazed by Levi's magic. 

"It's my cosmic magic. It allows me to build various things using my surrounding," Levi explained as they climb up the stairs, leading to the Steel Castle entrance.

"The door is sealed tight. Can you break it down, Liana?" Levi asked after he tried to open the door.

 "Um... I think so," Liana closed her eyes and stretched out her hand and the door opened slowly.

 "Come on," Levi said as he pulled Liana in. 

The moment Liana step foot inside the Steel Castle, she was stunned by not just its appearance but it's very architecture design. 

"This whole castle is operated on gears and they are all over the castle," Liana said as she walks and looks around. 

"The Orb should be located at the top of the castle," Levi said as he walks on to another room followed by Liana.

Paris, France

"I have a weird feeling all of a sudden that Liana might be in danger," Casam said all of a sudden. 

"But we can't get to her at all unless we can open a rift," Thanatos said followed by a sigh.

 "I can help you open a rift," Diana said, surprising everyone.

 "Wait, you can do that?" Casam confirmed with Diana. 

"Yes. Rift Key!" Diana opened a rift in Liana's living room in front of everyone.

 "Alright, let's go," Ren immediately enter the rift, followed by everyone else including Zena and Edward.

City of Machines, Machinia

"Be careful, Liana. You might fall down," Levi said as he climbs up the stairs leading to the room where the orb is.

 "Ok, I'll be careful," Liana slipped and fell when suddenly Levi caught her hand.

 "Hold on, don't let go," Levi said as he pulled Liana up.

 "I can't let you go after coming this far. If you go down, we'll go down together," Levi said as he uses all his strength to pull Liana up. 

After pulling Liana up, both Levi and Liana were panting heavily and were lying on the floor. 

"Thanks, Levi. For saving me," Liana said as she gets up and pulls Levi up. 

"Come on, let's go. We're a few steps away from finishing our quest," Levi said as they enter a large room with a pedestal in the middle with an orb placed on top.

"There it is, the Steel Orb," Levi said as he tries to grab the orb but Liana stopped him.

 "Wait, the orb looks like it's supposed to be there," Liana said worriedly.

 "Don't be ridiculous," Levi said before he grabbed the orb and suddenly, metal shards started to fly around and the breaking the walls of the Steel Castle. 

"Look over there!" Steve pointed when they saw the shards of metal, bursting out of the Steel Castle. 

"Let's go. Mystic Portal!" Stephanie suddenly created a portal, transporting everyone to the Steel Castle immediately. 

The moment Stephanie and the others emerge from Stephanie's Mystic Portal, metal shards flew towards them.

 "Candace!" Veronica called out to Candace while holding her hand. 

"Ok.Mirror Reflection Barrier!"

 Candace created a disc-shaped mirror followed by Veronica's shield.

 "Heart Protection!"

 Veronica summoned a heart-shaped shield, blocking the metal shards with Candace. 

After everyone exit the portal, they were looking around for Liana.

 "There she is and it looks like Levi is the one causing it," Thanatos said as he climbs up towards Liana and Levi with Kagawa.

 "Casam! Ren! Assist us! Stephen and Steve, come along as well," Thanatos said as he summons his scythe alongside Kagawa, who summons his swords. 

"Ugh, her friends are here," Levi said when he saw Thanatos and the others approaching. 

Levi pulled out the orb from the pedestal and attempted to run away when Liana started to shoot light projectiles towards Levi.

"Put that back, Levi. You lied to me. You said the orb was the reason for the malfunctions of the Steel Castle but eventually, the orb is what's keeping everything together," Liana said as she releases a barrage of light energy to Levi. 

"Death's Path!" Thanatos sends a wave of death energy towards Levi.

"Story-weavers Judgement!" Kagawa unleashed a splash of holy energy followed by Casam and Ren.

 "Thunder Strike Spark!"

 "Grimoire Assault!" Casam and Ren unleashed their attacks. 

"Searing Gale!"

 "Time's Ray!" Along with Stephen and Steve's attack, Levi avoided every attack with ease. 

Liana was still standing, preparing to attack Levi when suddenly the ground beneath her started to move and a dragon emerged out. 

"Woah!" Liana was directly on top of the dragon. 

"The Dragon of Steel?! Why has it awakened?" Levi questioned himself while the dragon spread its wings and roared. 

"Please, Dragon of Steel, assist me," Liana said while holding on to the Dragon of Steel, transferring a generous glow throughout its body. 

The Dragon of Steel was entirely enveloped in light. The Dragon of Steel opened its mouth and unleashed a ray of metal energy from its mouth. 

Levi immediately flashed out of the ray's range and it was revealed that Levi was actually Ash.

 "No way!" "It was him all along,"

 Ash was standing at the edge of the building, staring at Liana. 

"Thank you for assisting me in obtaining Machinia's core. Machinia won't last much longer," Ash said while giving off a smirk when suddenly Alain appeared behind him. 

"Shadow Blade!" Alain knocked the orb out of Ash's hands and snatched it back.

 "I've been watching you ever since you appear and I did some research and there wasn't a single trace of your existence and you mentioned your cosmic powers," Alain said as he jumped down and placed the orb back on the pedestal and immediately the Steel Castle started to restore itself. 

"How did you know it was him," Liana asked after Alain return.

 "I used to work for him, Liana. I know how he will approach you and he was just aiming for the cores of every other grand world," Alain explained while giving Ash a smirk. 

"Well played, Alain, I didn't choose the wrong puppet," Ash replied followed by a laugh.

 "Too bad I'm no longer your puppet," Alain replied and thus Ash disappeared.

 "Thank you, Alain. You've been through so much and yet you are helping so much," Liana said sadly.

"If you're facing him, then I'll face him together with you. That's what siblings are for," Alain said while smiling happily.

 "Now, let's get back home first," Alain said while he used his rift key to open a rift back to Liana's Villa.

 "By the way, Stephanie, how did you create that portal just now?" Jessica asked.

 "I don't know. I felt like Liana needed our help so I guess I surpassed my own powers without even noticing it," Stephanie answered while smiling. 

"I see, you must be happy," Ren said.

Paris, France

After returning to Paris, everyone went to sleep immediately.

 "Liana, are you okay? You look troubled," Candace asked as she joins Liana on the balcony, admiring the stars.

 "Yeah, I just feel like I'm troubling everyone," Liana said as she holds her charm that Zena and Edward gave. 

"Is Edward and Zena asleep?" Liana asked Candace.

 "Yeah, they are all asleep. Soundly to be more precise. Look, Liana, you're not the troubling us. Everything is kinda in shambles right now and we are all going through it. You're just the important piece of this puzzle. Once you fit in, everything will be in order again until the day someone rearranges the puzzle," Candace said before she walked back in. 

"I will stop all this chaos and restore peace. I have to stay strong for the family and my friends and for the world because I know I'm not alone," Liana said while looking into the sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461 167 10
"I was unprepared when I woke up in an unknown world." Once, there was a kingdom forged in prosperity. Reigning at the top of its glory drew peace an...
34 0 10
The world has neglected me for too long. I've been hoping for something good to happen to me for years and it's finally happened. I've made a friend...
1K 195 50
The world is in danger. What happens when a princess and her guard, a band of rogues, and nobles come together to save their people? What happens whe...
108 7 39
Angels and Demons fought for tens of millions of years that made the beautiful world corrupt and filled with mana from their conflict, because the am...